Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:04:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 224 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining 283 blocks solved!  (Read 88736 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (20 posts by 4+ users deleted.)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2020, 10:46:28 PM

Would you be so kind and make a newbie guide for how to set the mining proxy? I see a good number of people having issues with limited bandwidth and using a proxy is probably their best option, there is a lack of documentation online in regards to that subject, or at least I have not found any article that explains the steps to the average joe, so if you could do that it will be huge and very highly appreciated.
I could probably create a simple package for people to use if there's demand for one.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 12:54:19 AM

I could probably create a simple package for people to use if there's demand for one.

Only the last couple weeks alone i read a handful of people asking for it, in many none "1st class" countries internet is very expensive and limited, also some farms are hosted in remote places and rely on limited cellular data, a simple package for newbies would be really really great IMO.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 01:01:13 AM

Only the last couple weeks alone i read a handful of people asking for it, in many none "1st class" countries internet is very expensive and limited, also some farms are hosted in remote places and rely on limited cellular data, a simple package for newbies would be really really great IMO.
Sure thing. I'll make installing it as simple as possible and will probably have something shortly.

-ck
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 03:24:11 AM
Merited by frodocooper (3), Mrdeere (1)

I've created a script for Ubuntu (suggest 20.04) or Debian linux which should automate the setup, configuration, and install of a ckproxy to mine on the solo pool, though you can edit it afterwards to mine wherever you like. I do not suggest using something like an RPi as you want reasonable performance from your proxy to avoid any added latency.

Download the following script:
Code:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/soloproxy/setupsoloproxy.sh

It will not be directly executable, so execute it with
Code:
sh setupsoloproxy.sh

And follow the prompts. Tell me how you go.

-ck
chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 05:59:28 AM
Merited by frodocooper (3), Mrdeere (1)

I've created a script for Ubuntu (suggest 20.04) or Debian linux which should automate the setup, configuration, and install of a ckproxy to mine on the solo pool, though you can edit it afterwards to mine wherever you like. I do not suggest using something like an RPi as you want reasonable performance from your proxy to avoid any added latency.

Code:

Code:
sh setupsoloproxy.sh

if after install you have problems, read here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=790323.0
some good reading 
Mrdeere

Activity: 12
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 06:03:48 AM

Code:

Code:
sh setupsoloproxy.sh

haven't tested yet, But thanks!

I have a dumb question I hope you can answer, What argument do I use to change difficulty for your pool? is it only by port? ive never used an s9 before and ive tried d= diff= --suggestdiff but non seem to stick.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 06:55:43 AM
Merited by JaredKaragen (2)

I have a dumb question I hope you can answer, What argument do I use to change difficulty for your pool? is it only by port? ive never used an s9 before and ive tried d= diff= --suggestdiff but non seem to stick.
S9s never supported the main cgminer code so they never adopted the --suggest-diff setting properly. However, normally there's no point in adjusting diff anyway, the pool knows best, and diff is purely cosmetic when mining solo anyway. The only reason to manually set diff when mining solo is to minimise bandwidth by setting diff up. If you really want your bandwidth to be as low as possible, just mine on the high diff port 4334. The pool won't accurately report your hashrate but it makes no difference to your chance of finding a block.

-ck
o_solo_miner
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1476

-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 07:33:02 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2020, 07:50:21 AM by o_solo_miner
Merited by frodocooper (5), mikeywith (2), JaredKaragen (1)

According to the problems of the user banche_plus, I did setup a passthrough to solo.ckpool.org
on my server, located in germany, and if someone got problems of connecting to the pool from
his country, he can try this:

stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334

Your setup is like at solo.ckpool only the URL has to change to the passthrough.
This get relayed to solo.ckpool.org:3333 and you can check your data on solo like normal.

I tested it with users and it worked for a while now, so I want to make that public and free to use.
No warranty is given, so use it at your own risk.
If there is a problem please contact me.

And positiv feedback is also welcome  Wink

from the creator of CGMiner http://solo.ckpool.org for Solominers
paused: passthrough for solo.ckpool.org => stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334
mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 10:19:18 AM

I confirm this, i was trying to help user banche to connect to cksolo pool without luck, after osolo messaged me about the forwarding/relay service we did test it for banche and it worked very well, the pool connects and hashrate does show on cksolo pool status, this will be a very useful service to those wishing to use the pool but can't due to technical or political reasons.

I would also suggest that a part from the donation funds get used to support the us relay server if the other contributors and phill agrees to that.

Using this service it means you somehow have to trust o solo miner and i can vouch for him to be very well trusted.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 10:28:26 AM

I figure what happened when I tried to set up a relay in Germany is that I rented a VPS from an American hosting provider with a presence in Germany and all the big hosting providers from the USA are obligated to block Iran. If I'd gone with a European provider it might not have been a problem, as evidenced by O solo miner succeeding with his passthrough.

-ck
o_solo_miner
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 11:32:50 AM

I would also suggest that a part from the donation funds get used to support the us relay server if the other contributors and phill agrees to that.
Using this service it means you somehow have to trust o solo miner and i can vouch for him to be very well trusted.

Thank you Mickeywith, but until I am in need for keeping this running, I would not like to ask for anything.
Let us see how many people use it.

The shares are visible on solo.ckpool user stats, so if there is no difference in what the miner report (I don't know how reliable that is) and what the status page report, everything should be ok,
The ckpool passthrough does not show anything about the user, only the number of connects.

mikeywith
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 05:31:30 PM

I figure what happened when I tried to set up a relay in Germany is that I rented a VPS from an American hosting provider with a presence in Germany and all the big hosting providers from the USA are obligated to block Iran.

This makes sense, it was my initial thought until I successfully managed to telnet to port 3333 on your pool, at that point I thought it could be something else, but well - things are what they are, censorship is everywhere and we can't do much about it.

Thank you Mickeywith, but until I am in need for keeping this running, I would not like to ask for anything.
Let us see how many people use it.

Ok then that's cool, should the demand on the server grow and you need to upgrade or you can't afford to keep the server or even decide to not want to, do let the community know, we will most certainly help out even outside of ckpool funds.

I would like to thank you for the efforts you put in fighting mining sensorchip and providing a way for people who live far from the U.S to mine on cksolo, keep up the good work.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2020, 10:00:18 PM
Merited by frodocooper (2)

So on further consideration, I've decided to abandon port 443 mining on the pool. Given the hosting provider is censoring access without my involvement, it is not really serving any purpose and is just confusing the https issue. If there are any objections, please speak up now or I'll drop it within the next week.

-ck
etherbits

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 05:55:36 AM

My cgminer timestamp is showing [1970-01-01]. Does anyone know a fix?
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2020, 06:45:13 AM

Dear user 136CrBTFqaLShQVTzhH2MRUauRrrzP7JbG please fix your miners. You have been connecting and disconnecting continuously hundreds of thousands of times for months now without ever successfully mining, so I have blocked your IP address.

-ck
o_solo_miner
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 07:23:40 AM

My cgminer timestamp is showing [1970-01-01]. Does anyone know a fix?

use cgminer 4.10 and youre good.

evade_57

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 02:44:40 PM

Dear user 136CrBTFqaLShQVTzhH2MRUauRrrzP7JbG please fix your miners. You have been connecting and disconnecting continuously hundreds of thousands of times for months now without ever successfully mining, so I have blocked your IP address.

Would this situation be similiar to a small ddos attack on the server?
Can a script be written to flag and deny access to these connect / disconnect users?

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 02:48:47 PM

Um, that comes up as a BCH/BSV address which would be invalid on this (BTC) pool...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2020, 03:15:17 PM

Um, that comes up as a BCH/BSV address which would be invalid on this (BTC) pool...
lol i wonder how much hash he has been tossing at the pool when there isnt a chance in hell of him mining/getting a reward lol

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 05:06:38 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2020, 07:17:37 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

lol i wonder how much hash he has been tossing at the pool when there isnt a chance in hell of him mining/getting a reward lol
Well, trying to toss at the pool. Ya'd think that after the user sees gazillions of error messages over the months they would investigate wassup. Then again, sad to say, far too many folks think all crypto coins are BTC and just-don't-get-it  Sad

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 224 »
  Print  

Jump to: