Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:34:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin 100: Developed Specifically for Non-Profits  (Read 262677 times)
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 07:02:08 PM

OK, put me in for 1 BTC. At least to kickstart it Tongue

Great going, psy! I've updated the list in the OP as well as on bitcoin100.org: http://bitcoin100.org/about/partisans/

Thank you so kindly, psy, for your pledge. Now, we only need 8 more new members today to pledge their support, thus keeping us on track to gain 30 new members for the month of April. Is it you?

~Bruno~

Man, you got me.
1BTC to keep the project going, more possible depending on the progress. 

Cheers!

That's GREAT. Thanks wogaut! I don't think Bruno is online right now but I know he'll add you to the list of donors most likely at some point within the next 24 hours.

I'm glad to help.
Thank you for your efforts too, it was one of your posts that made me consciously aware of this; I read so many posts that there are many that just drown it the noise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2012, 02:14:36 PM

OK, put me in for 1 BTC. At least to kickstart it Tongue

Great going, psy! I've updated the list in the OP as well as on bitcoin100.org: http://bitcoin100.org/about/partisans/

Thank you so kindly, psy, for your pledge. Now, we only need 8 more new members today to pledge their support, thus keeping us on track to gain 30 new members for the month of April. Is it you?

~Bruno~

Man, you got me.
1BTC to keep the project going, more possible depending on the progress.  

Cheers!

That's GREAT. Thanks wogaut! I don't think Bruno is online right now but I know he'll add you to the list of donors most likely at some point within the next 24 hours.

I'm glad to help.
Thank you for your efforts too, it was one of your posts that made me consciously aware of this; I read so many posts that there are many that just drown it the noise.

Thank you so kindly, wogaut. I have added you to the list in the OP of this thread, having you down as pledging 1 BTC. I've also added you to the list on the Bitcoin 100 website.

At this time, I wish to thank CornBeefHash (he's kindly allowed me to refer to him as CBH) for all his efforts of late in drumming up support. What a trouper!

As it stands now, I may fail at my goal of gaining 30 new supporters to Bitcoin 100 for the month of April, but I'm okay with that. That said, this month ain't over yet.  Kiss

~Bruno~

epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 02:08:37 PM

Haven't sent anything for a while, so just sent in another coin
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 05:16:25 PM

Haven't sent anything for a while, so just sent in another coin

Thank you, epetroel, for kind donation. I've updated the list in the OP linking your donation to your post.

We only need 28 new supporters to make April's pledge drive a success. All you would need to do is pledge at least 1 BTC to Bitcoin 100 by stating such on this thread or via a PM to me. There'll be no need for you to honor said pledge at that time. You can do that when you see fit.

Bitcoin 100 is structured in such a way to make sure no funds misallocated.

It's amazing what one bitcoin could do.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 05:21:17 PM

The guy in the photo below may never know what a Bitcoin is, but he sure the hell knows what clean drinking water taste like.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 10:17:58 PM

Hi Bruno

Pledged 1 BTC per organization. Maxed at 100 at this time.

Will double the pledge if the price of BTC halves (from current value of 5btc).
Similarly, Will halve the pledge if the price of BTC doubles.

Thank you kindly, deego, for your generous pledge. I have updated the list in the OP which shows you have donating 2 BTC to date as per your PM to me. I will update the official website when I get home (in Fort Wayne, IN) tomorrow, for at the moment the site is down and to get it back up I need one piece of information that I don't current have while on this road trip to amass more rotten, smelling reclaimed barn wood.

Before Rassah asks, somebody donated 1 BTC after deego did, according to the blockchain. Anybody care to fess up?

~Bruno~

Adds a whole new meaning to blockchain, doesn't it?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 07:41:51 PM

Sent ~1.5BTC a couple days ago, which was part of a not-very-public pledge to donate 25% of profits from "Worst Gambling Service Ever" to BTC100 (this week marked the first time WGSE became profitable). WGSE is in the process of becoming an automated app. 25% of profit will still go to BTC100, paid weekly. Gains/losses carry over weekly.... dunno why I'm wasting your time explaining this so exactly...

In addition, I'm changing the BDK pledge, and request the link for BDK in the OP be changed to http://tiny.cc/a8erbw -- instead of BDK pledging 2% of loan interest, I'd instead like to change the pledge to 1% of all monthly profits after shareholder dividends & personal expenditure (previously, I couldn't pay "all" profits because I didn't record dividends/sales of GLBSE securities, currency trades, etc.).

Under the old arrangement, BTC100 would receive 1.72BTC from BDK on May 1st. Under the new agreement, BTC100 will receive 1.29BTC (will actually be a slight bit more as there are equity dividends due by the end of the month). Whether or not this change will be beneficial or detrimental to BTC100 will change each month. Without the large debt write-offs I recorded this month, the amount donated would be 2.14BTC while under the old arrangement, it would still be 1.72BTC. So - probably not too huge a change, just more dynamic with BDK's financial well-being instead of a more static percentage of income. At any rate, it didn't justify this long of a post to explain.  Lips sealed
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 10:53:30 PM

Shouldn't Bitcoin100 stop working on pledges and work harder on getting new charities to accept? 

Has there been more than one charity yet?  (Strep B is the only one I saw) Can we post the charities that are accepting bitcoin in the OP?

I'm sorry, but this project seems to have turned into a huge circle jerk.  There are 50 pages of pointless crap!  Seems like Bitcoin100 is working harder to promote its own brand than it is to actually accomplish its mission. If people only posted here when there was a new charity, I'd read every post, but now I just completely ignore the thread and don't really care about this anymore.  Posting pictures of impoverished people does not help them: you are using them to promote yourselves.  I find it repugnant. If nothing changes, I'll probably withdraw my name.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 11:16:43 PM

Shouldn't Bitcoin100 stop working on pledges and work harder on getting new charities to accept? 

Has there been more than one charity yet?  (Strep B is the only one I saw) Can we post the charities that are accepting bitcoin in the OP?

I'm sorry, but this project seems to have turned into a huge circle jerk.  There are 50 pages of pointless crap!  Seems like Bitcoin100 is working harder to promote its own brand than it is to actually accomplish its mission. If people only posted here when there was a new charity, I'd read every post, but now I just completely ignore the thread and don't really care about this anymore.  Posting pictures of impoverished people does not help them: you are using them to promote yourselves.  I find it repugnant. If nothing changes, I'll probably withdraw my name.
Unfortunately I have to say that I agree with this 100%. We need to focus on contacting charities, not going out of our way to get new pledges. I'd just send a PM to everyone who has previously pledged and hasn't pledged/honored yet for the 2nd round. That's it. Other than that we should focus this thread, not some other thread somewhere, on talking about the charities and contacting them.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 02:01:55 AM

Unfortunately I have to say that I agree with this 100%. We need to focus on contacting charities, not going out of our way to get new pledges. I'd just send a PM to everyone who has previously pledged and hasn't pledged/honored yet for the 2nd round. That's it. Other than that we should focus this thread, not some other thread somewhere, on talking about the charities and contacting them.

I, also, have to agree with RaggedMonk. The blame lies entirely with me. That said, allow me to turn this around. Thank you so kindly RG and Technomage for the kick in the pants.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 04:10:45 AM

Thank you kindly, deego, for your generous pledge.

Hi Bruno. My pleasure. As I wrote to you, I think this a great idea and something very neat you are doing, both for charities and for bitcoin. Best wishes
-deego.

The site is back up and I have included you on the list at bitcoin100.org as promised, deego. You can now go ahead and add your email as you stated you wanted to via the PM to me. Thank you again for supporting Bitcoin 100.

Sent ~1.5BTC a couple days ago, which was part of a not-very-public pledge to donate 25% of profits from "Worst Gambling Service Ever" to BTC100 (this week marked the first time WGSE became profitable). WGSE is in the process of becoming an automated app. 25% of profit will still go to BTC100, paid weekly. Gains/losses carry over weekly.... dunno why I'm wasting your time explaining this so exactly...

In addition, I'm changing the BDK pledge, and request the link for BDK in the OP be changed to http://tiny.cc/a8erbw -- instead of BDK pledging 2% of loan interest, I'd instead like to change the pledge to 1% of all monthly profits after shareholder dividends & personal expenditure (previously, I couldn't pay "all" profits because I didn't record dividends/sales of GLBSE securities, currency trades, etc.).

Under the old arrangement, BTC100 would receive 1.72BTC from BDK on May 1st. Under the new agreement, BTC100 will receive 1.29BTC (will actually be a slight bit more as there are equity dividends due by the end of the month). Whether or not this change will be beneficial or detrimental to BTC100 will change each month. Without the large debt write-offs I recorded this month, the amount donated would be 2.14BTC while under the old arrangement, it would still be 1.72BTC. So - probably not too huge a change, just more dynamic with BDK's financial well-being instead of a more static percentage of income. At any rate, it didn't justify this long of a post to explain.  Lips sealed

The changes have been made, kludge. Thank you also your wonderful support. I currently have a couple supporters kicking me in the ass to obtain more charities. I will now put that at top priority, thanks to my well deserved ass kicking.

~Bruno~
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 05:07:21 PM

I'll pledge 1BTC worth of my SealsWithClubs gambling winnings.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 05:40:35 PM

Thank you so kindly, LightRider, for your pledge. I have added you to the list in the OP as well as on bitcoin100.org here: http://bitcoin100.org/about/partisans/

~Bruno~
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 06:01:44 PM

Thank you so kindly, LightRider, for your pledge. I have added you to the list in the OP as well as on bitcoin100.org here: http://bitcoin100.org/about/partisans/

~Bruno~

Sent! http://blockchain.info/tx-index/4531888/f94c9100c1a8f2ebc530b20cdf1dd6014e2bcbb4ef255e1e5fc60c400c598270

You can link to my website if you would please.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 12:55:13 AM

~Bruno~

Sent! http://blockchain.info/tx-index/4531888/f94c9100c1a8f2ebc530b20cdf1dd6014e2bcbb4ef255e1e5fc60c400c598270

You can link to my website if you would please.

Thank you, LightRider, for your donation. I'm sure Rassah will be adding this information to the ledger shortly. I have linked your name to your website on the list in the OP as well at bitcoin100.org.

~Bruno~
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 10:25:03 AM

Bitcoin100 just got free advertising space with bitcoinadvertisers.com, thanks Andrew Bitcoiner (thread)

PROMOTION: I will be giving away 1btc worth of free advertising to a charity or non profit of your choice, preferably bitcoin related.  

Please submit your suggestions on this thread, I will close the promotion and make the ad sometime Sunday.

http://bitcoin100.org (thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52543.0)

Looks very worthy  Smiley

Alright so the winner by unanimous decision is http://bitcoin100.org! Congratulations, please PM me with

Ad text
URL http://bitcoin100.org
Link text

Do you guys have some suggestions with the ad text ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 06:06:32 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2012, 12:10:04 AM by paraipan

how about "BitCoin 100: An Idea Worth Giving" ? Saw it is on the Bitcoin100 website already.

edit: hello, thread is still alive ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 27, 2012, 12:44:18 AM

Just fulfilled my initial pledge with a bitcoin that's special to me:
It's the first one my BFL/RaspberryPi combo mined together.

LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 01:20:49 AM

Still looking forward to new charities accepting bitcoin.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2012, 03:18:20 AM

Just fulfilled my initial pledge with a bitcoin that's special to me:
It's the first one my BFL/RaspberryPi combo mined together.

Thank you so kindly, wogaut, for honoring your pledge. The list in the OP has been updated reflecting your contribution. So, you're able to mine with a RaspberryPi, eh? Awesome!

Bitcoin100 just got free advertising space with bitcoinadvertisers.com, thanks Andrew Bitcoiner (thread)

PROMOTION: I will be giving away 1btc worth of free advertising to a charity or non profit of your choice, preferably bitcoin related. 

Please submit your suggestions on this thread, I will close the promotion and make the ad sometime Sunday.

http://bitcoin100.org (thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=52543.0)

Looks very worthy  Smiley

Alright so the winner by unanimous decision is http://bitcoin100.org! Congratulations, please PM me with

Ad text
URL http://bitcoin100.org
Link text

Do you guys have some suggestions with the ad text ?

I'm going to have to get back with you on that.

how about "BitCoin 100: An Idea Worth Giving" ? Saw it is on the Bitcoin100 website already.

edit: hello, thread is still alive ?

Thread is alive, but I'm the one sidetracked. RL a tad hectic, coupled with the little excitement on this forum of late.

I opted for Bitcoin 100: An Idea Worth Giving as a slogan of sorts for the website, but still am partial for Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending as a strong slogan for Bitcoin overall (albiet, not an official slogan). Needless to say, but I got the idea from TED: An Idea Worth Spreading.

This is the reason I don't like posting important stuff when tired. After reading your post a couple/three times, I just now realized what you were in reference to--the ad. I thought you were implying something else, but it kept eluding me. Feel free to use that, if you want.

Still looking forward to new charities accepting bitcoin.

So am I. I did send out ten emails, although I promised 100 a couple weeks ago. Let me send out 20 this long weekend of which I'll post which 20 after the fact, coupled with the list of 10 I've already sent. I promise to get off my ass and kick this into a higher gear.

One thing for sure, this endeavor won't turn into a scam unless, of course, Rassah starts posting images of a new coffee table. Grin

~Bruno~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: