Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:30:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 788 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNO] Unobtanium Info & Discussion - Merge Mine w/BTC! - Update NOW to qt 0.11.5  (Read 1046628 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Gekko463

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:11:10 PM

I have contacted Daniel.  He is Happy to move forward.

We are waiting for Learminer to finalize some small tweaks on the website.

Tomorrow I will do the math and make a pledge call, proportional to the pledge sizes, from the members who pledged for the primary translation fund (not the bounty fund).

All pledges will be sent to FallingKnife at an address he has confided to me and I will share with the benefactors.  FK will exchange the UNO for .3 BTC with which he will pay Daniel upon Enoch's approval of the Simplified Chinese translation.

So we are waiting on Learminer's nod.  Daniel is our guy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:36:42 PM

- what does Uno have that doesnt have any other coin?

the price is 0.01091
a) people see it as valuable because is scarce and expensive (good)
b) but people like to have lot of coins (bad)
c) for that price they can buy litecoin or dash (bad)

- What reasons will the newbies have to join this community and not a more little one?

In a more little community their work is gonna be much more appreciated

First off, children are always quick to fall for that type of quantitative compassion stuff. I will give you 5 pennies for your dime! Look they are bigger, and you have MORE!!!!

Dash, okay i can see maybe, but their market is secrecy and such. I would be buying dash because i think that anonymous stuff has some value or i need to use those features of it.  Litecoin, the ONLY innovation ltc had over btc was that it was a different algo that wasn't able to be mined by asics, but stop the train, turns out it is mined by asics, hence the slew of other algos that came out to try to punish people for wanting to mine coins. Fair isn't making sure everyone has equal parts, it is making sure everyone had equal opportunity to get those parts. Some will always be more motivated than others to collect more or what not.

So what innovations does ltc offer?

If you are relatively new to crypto, your account doesn't make it appear as such but hey, maybe you fell out for a while, then you wouldn't understand that all the coins out there are just copies of bitcoin, and there was some digital currency before bitcoin even, it just never took off. The conceptual ideas behind the coins, the block chains, are what the whole thing is about. The tokens, the coins, are there just as incentive to keep mining the chain and keep it chugging along. Think of the carrot on a stick from cartoons to get animals moving. The chain is the the record and that is the important aspect. The mutual agreement of all parties involved that what is on the chain is true and has not been altered. It is like an autonomous government in a really abstract way (or so i like to think, who knows where the technology will be, maybe using a chain to secure votes or something? all depends on how the tech is used) So in reality, ALL coins are gimmicks. What lends value to them is that someone out there started to accept bitcoin for what ever, think silk road, and that gave the coin intrinsic value. People now wanted bitcoin because it could be used to obtain something else that they could NOT get using the other payment methods online. Credit cards and bank transfers to purchase drugs online are seemingly a big no-no. Trust me 1000x when i say if it wasn't for the silk road btc never would have been 1200 bucks a piece which had helped it gain some notoriety. We all tend to look at btc as the roadmap for where our coins 'should' be. Not true.

To be honest, you came in here out of no where, small voice, and we have what, two pages, dedicated to giving you some information. Now if someone came in with a good idea, you don't think we would listen to them? If they have a good plan and it seems like a solid idea, i think everyone here is open minded enough to at least consider it. After consideration if it is found to be meh, that can happen, but i don't think people are completely dismissive here. I have read some of your previous postings and it seems like you could be looking for another coin to invest in, more so than trolling. That you like to ask questions and 'be sold' the coin in a sense. Research is boring and i like to ask questions and see what people have to say, a more active dialog back and forth is more fun for me.

How i like to think of specific market coins? Monopoly coins. In the end what would REALLY happen if you had to buy a coin from someone to then buy the items they sold you? Think about how they are bending you over twice. Sorta like how the credit card companies charge the merchants a % to use their service and then charge the consumer a % on the loan amount. Like how the miners used to get paid in store credits, it would just so happen that a shirt at the store would cost a weeks pay.. Hmm how odd is that? If you can create your own token and pay your employees with said token and then take that token back from them some how, it is like you never paid them anything as that token cost you nothing being that you created it. Slavery much?

I don't think specific market coins work. Just because the coin has a target demographic, doesn't mean that demo has any desire or demand for the coin. I think coins created solely for specific groups are not a good idea. Just cash grabs made by people who have no conceptual understanding of how currencies and economies work. Not that i went to school for any of that shit, but logically, if you really think about it. People get too geeked out when they look at numbers. It's a billion dollar industry, if we just capture 1% of that we are set. Yeah, so simple, why has it yet to be done? Perhaps it isn't as simple as it appears  Shocked

Great news on the translation services!

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
SecretsOfCrypto

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 04:39:55 PM

Is this a Bryce Weiner coin?
Gekko463

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:53:03 PM

Did you even read the website? Www.unobtanium.uno

Christ we have to spoon feed everyone tonight!

Do your research, then ask questions.

No UNO for you!
Gekko463

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 04:55:10 PM

Ok,
to sum up,
no segmentation and no marketing plan for adoption?
"let them come to us"...

No UNO for you.  Go away.  Buy some heroin coin.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 05:17:02 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 05:42:02 PM by FallingKnife

Bryce has donated his time as a developer, but he did not launch Unobtanium (The so called "Weiner coins" were launched by Bryce, and include Amkoin, Petrodollar Reserve, bitseeds, Dirac, did I miss one? I feel like I did).

Unobtanium was fair launched by Blazr2 in 2013.

Unobtanium is Unobtanium.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 05:36:00 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 06:32:32 PM by FallingKnife

Ok,
to sum up,
no segmentation and no marketing plan for adoption?
"let them come to us"...

No UNO for you.  Go away.  Buy some heroin coin.

"let them come to us"...

I like that plan. For nearly 2 years now that plan has worked well for Unobtanium (better more detailed marketing plans have failed most other alt coins.)

I'm not taking anything from the work others have done (articles from IMZ, Learminer's website, and Gekko's thrust into China markets) but there is a certain beauty in simplicity and flexibility.  People gravitate to an honestly motivated community.

Why shouldn't there be one altcoin that just stands apart for what it honestly is -- a rare cryptographic collectible that stores value. If there is such a coin, it has to be Unobtanium.  I don't think Uno has any fud priced into it...  there are no unfulfilled promises valued into Uno that need to be delivered on, afaik.  Uno is interesting to me because of it's history, fair launch & distribution, it's resilience in surviving some difficult times, community, collectability and rarity, and operating fundamentals (low inflation).

The older Uno's blockchain gets, the more valuable it becomes.
You can't launch a 2 year old altcoin today (it takes 2 years)
You can't test a community with difficulty until it's actually tested (will it survive? The Uno community has).
You can't "unlaunch" an unfairly launched coin.

I don't know of any other viable altcoins that have Uno's unique qualities. Many have already tried to imitate Uno and have failed.  
Thousands of altcoins have been launched and failed, yet Uno has ranked consistently for nearly 2 years as one of the top 50 altcoins.
I don't see why that shouldn't continue given what I understand about this community.

Nostr:
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 05:50:35 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 10:02:34 PM by FallingKnife

No UNO for you.

Nostr:
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 05:59:26 PM

Awesome, you're doing well! Thanks for helping piece together a look at the mining network.

yeha, I've been running 200-400+Th/s since last week.

uhXrK4374zXjAQxW8TA6FRaVjXG1edcXc1 is me as well. Address keeps changing probably cause it keeps crashing and restarting so much...

some attention to this issue would be nice.

Hi crackfoo,

FWIW I have made my binaries available for debian (amd64, 64bit):

https://cryptap.us/uno/uno-wheezy.amd64.tar.gz
https://cryptap.us/uno/uno-jessie.amd64.tar.gz

!!!NOTE!!! These binaries are compiled with "--with-incompatible-bdb" so I'm using the version of Berkeley DB in Debian. If you care about being backwards compatible with version bdb v4.8 please backup your current wallet.dat and remove it from .unobtanium so that a new one can be created. Basically, use a new wallet.dat and move coins there to test with.

I use the wheezy version for all my services and have not observed any issues. But I don't mine so if you are still running into issues it could be something in the mining rpc, block submission code or a miss-configured system. I do have a current issue with Insight explorer not understanding confirmed transactions but I am more suspicious of the general bitcoin v10 code and how Insight is working with it (lots of flux at Bitpay on how Insight will move forward).

edit: changed links, clarified 64bit

I'll give them a try, I use the --with-incompatible-bdb as well.

Wil let you know if there is any change.

hasn't crashed yet... so far so good.

But wallet address changed yet again....

uKfQf7M6WX47Pt5PYatGzKcAAfgVjfoRuh

cryptapus, still running with your build. Do you do anything custom with your building??? I just run:

make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=1 USE_QRCODE=1 USE_IPV6=1

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:04:16 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 06:16:56 PM by sirsmokesalot

You know why things need to be marketed? There is no reason for you to need them. Marketing is just clever ways of convincing you that life is so much better with whatever they are sellin you. Although if what they were selling was that important, why would it need marketing. Do you think people erected billboards to advertise for gold and silver way back when? I personally do not. I am ultra suspect of anything that has to be sold to me. Nothing should have to be said, the product should speak for itself, if i need a sales pitch with a shot clock, lmfao no way.

Due to exponential population growth it would seem information dissemination does not happen at nearly the same rate which means the world IS getting dumber Smiley

tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:29:46 PM

Also my vote is the move ahead with Daniel Hu

Mine too.
FallingKnife (OP)
Legendary

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 06:40:22 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 06:51:02 PM by FallingKnife

FYI, I just learned that there is 0% free trading of Uno on Cryptopia during the month of June.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=UNO_BTC

Nostr:
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:07:26 PM

I have a new investor I am speaking with in irc. In a few days I am going to post my DVC verification as well.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 07:29:34 PM

Hi crackfoo,

FWIW I have made my binaries available for debian (amd64, 64bit):

https://cryptap.us/uno/uno-wheezy.amd64.tar.gz
https://cryptap.us/uno/uno-jessie.amd64.tar.gz

!!!NOTE!!! These binaries are compiled with "--with-incompatible-bdb" so I'm using the version of Berkeley DB in Debian. If you care about being backwards compatible with version bdb v4.8 please backup your current wallet.dat and remove it from .unobtanium so that a new one can be created. Basically, use a new wallet.dat and move coins there to test with.

I use the wheezy version for all my services and have not observed any issues. But I don't mine so if you are still running into issues it could be something in the mining rpc, block submission code or a miss-configured system. I do have a current issue with Insight explorer not understanding confirmed transactions but I am more suspicious of the general bitcoin v10 code and how Insight is working with it (lots of flux at Bitpay on how Insight will move forward).

edit: changed links, clarified 64bit

I'll give them a try, I use the --with-incompatible-bdb as well.

Wil let you know if there is any change.

hasn't crashed yet... so far so good.

But wallet address changed yet again....

uKfQf7M6WX47Pt5PYatGzKcAAfgVjfoRuh

cryptapus, still running with your build. Do you do anything custom with your building??? I just run:

make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=1 USE_QRCODE=1 USE_IPV6=1

Nothing custom, just:

Code:
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb
make

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
Tacktic

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:39:04 PM

Nothing should have to be said, the product should speak for itself, if i need a sales pitch with a shot clock, lmfao no way.

hehe lurking for last weeks because the downtime asked to change password but the email never arrived.

Put part of SIRSmokes message because I like that quote.
When I played B Ball, there was no shot clock or silly 3 point line.
You went and took the ball if they were holding and not shooting.
Shot clock ruined the game IMHO and the plebs have no idea.
Dribbling for time was a skill one that has disappeared.
Same as Hodling a crypto....(See I am misspelling HOLD now too.)
Hold it if you wish... trade it if you wish.
it is the fairness so no instant millionaires that attracts people to UNO.
This is the problem with vested interests...they are vested.
If they don't help their "coins" they die.
It is the problem with MOST of the Crypto currency scene.
Have a good day all .
Tacktic

insert witty signature here
Tacktic

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 08:47:41 PM

One more thing.
When an attacking player touches the ring...it is a free pass to the defending team.
Neither team is allowed to touch the ring.
That was the skill of dunking....any fool who is 6ft tall can dunk when they hold the silly ring with some practice.
"professionals"...my arse. spoonfed overgrown over indulged tall people more likely.
rant over hehe, and why i haven't watched it in a long time, (but i secretly still wish I was young enough to run around playing).
Tacktic

insert witty signature here
Gekko463

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:10:51 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 07:35:25 AM by Gekko463

Pledge Call!

For paying Daniel Hu .3 BTC for translations services.

Would the following people send the number of kg to Falling Knife at this address:

uchiNa2m3CrNDMUaQ9H1D9eVpTKR9VSvaW

Last column.  I will be sending 4.47 kg.

Once you have sent your pledge to the address, please announce publicly here.  I would like Daniel to be able to see the UNO going to the escrow (FK) so he feels comfortable letting us approve the work before being paid.

I calculated the midpoint between the current bid and ask on Cryptsy to come up with the conversion rate .011180285.  We are raising 26.83 kg (out of a total 60 pledged for this portion of the project) which should come to about .3 BTC.  

The remainder of the pledges in this budget will go towards SEO work on the unobtanium.uno page to optimise it for the Baidu search engine and perhaps setting up and translating a few recent and future tweets to Weibo.

IMZ might like to make his trading thing useful here and arrange to guarantee that price (26.83 @ .011180285) if he can so FK doesn't fall short or there's no dust kicking about to cause problems.

This is what everybody owes, proportional to their pledge.

BitcoinCharlie         4.47 (paid)
BitcoinNational       2.24
Gekko                    4.47 (paid)
SirSmokes             11.18 (paid)
Tertius993              2.24  (paid)
BitcoinCharlie          2.24 (Again, he pledged twice) (Paid)

Total                        26.83 UNO @  .011180285 should be more or less .3 BTC

BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 09:17:24 PM

Pledge Sent per Gekko instructions

TXID:

8d1c20af323d2d106a6e2f3a663b83daafdffa525f9e69367a4abd59311f6c04

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
Gekko463

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:26:16 PM

My pledge has been sent as well:

Debit: -4.47000000 UNO
Transaction fee: -0.00000226 UNO
Net amount: -4.47000226 UNO
Transaction ID: ba4986c9db0faa08408bb1cbac7846c242d8ddc8edbc219c7a2cc7f6f6c4ad78-000
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:18:56 PM

Done

Debit: -11.18000000 UNO
Transaction fee: -0.00004321 UNO
Net amount: -11.18004321 UNO
Transaction ID: 694577886773bac925773bfc86e2eba0a3e0ea1a6c3369ca7b34c1b862db9ead-000

Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 788 »
  Print  

Jump to: