Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:31:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 135 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW Community is located at: community.gawminers.com  (Read 506539 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GAW Miners (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

http://www.gawminers.com

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:07:45 PM

Well, I guess the cat out of the bag lol.

We are excited about out partnership with these guys. They have some really cool stuff planed.

Additionally, we are including one with every pre-order miner we are shipping Smiley

When you say "Every" you also mean the shipped Fury miners?  Smiley  Hopefully.

Sounds like it!

Yep:)

\ Grin /  That's GAWsome! So the hardware is a Raspberry Pi and the Zenminer software comes on an SD card? Just wondering if the Raspberry Pi has been modified physically?

Thanks! We think so too Smiley

To meet our timeline, they put it on a RPI for us.

In the future, the zencontroller will become a embedded device

gawminers.com  Gridseed ASIC Mining Hardware
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:20:53 PM

Hey Guys,

All order will ship with an included Zencontroller. If you wish to use something different, you can re-flash it to whatever you want. zenminer has told me that if the controller is re-flashed, they will not support flashing it back again at this time.

Please direct development questions directly to zenMiner, thanks!

Yes, but what software will the hardware you are selling support? I didn't buy a Zen contract, I purchased a miner, I am hoping the miner you are selling has software that makes it work outside of forcing people to use a service they did not ask for and was not part of the terms of the original purchase.

I think Josh took your question a development question, which is a zenminer question.

Support of the software to our customers will be done through us.

Additionally, the majority of Furrys came with no RPI anyways (only those that purchased on the day), which is what I think your order was. So the zencontrollers being shipped are a free bonus.

We will support the zencontroller which is what will come with the miners. If you modify or re-flash it, you will loose software support for the controller.

Cpuminer?
Cgminer?
Bfgminer?
Sgminer?

These ship next week, how will mine hash considering I will not be using zenminer?

If you choose not to use our software, there are a few devs that have created forks that work on our miners. Please send a ticket in and we can direct you to one of them.

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:31:26 PM

The zencontroller sounds cool Smiley
However, the CCN article states that it will start shipping in late June, while it says on your miners' page that it already is included for the next batches.
Could you please clarify this?
volder

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:32:17 PM

Hey Guys,

All order will ship with an included Zencontroller. If you wish to use something different, you can re-flash it to whatever you want. zenminer has told me that if the controller is re-flashed, they will not support flashing it back again at this time.

Yes, but what software will the hardware you are selling support? I didn't buy a Zen contract, I purchased a miner, I am hoping the miner you are selling has software that makes it work outside of forcing people to use a service they did not ask for and was not part of the terms of the original purchase.

I think Josh took your question a development question, which is a zenminer question.

Additionally, the majority of Furrys came with no RPI anyways (only those that purchased on the day), which is what I think your order was. So the zencontrollers being shipped are a free bonus.

We will support the zencontroller which is what will come with the miners. If you modify or re-flash it, you will loose software support for the controller.

Cpuminer?
Cgminer?
Bfgminer?
Sgminer?

These ship next week, how will mine hash considering I will not be using zenminer?

If you choose not to use our software, there are a few devs that have created forks that work on our miners. Please send a ticket in and we can direct you to one of them.

Using your software is a requirement that came up TODAY. Why the heck do I need to make a support request to get the software? Why not make it available publicly as a download from your site?

You do realize how absolutely rediculous this sounds that you are requiring people to use a brand new service to manage their hardware via a website when they have the hardware in front of them? And you tell this to people today, three days to shipping?

Now I am just getting ticked off at this shit show.
You do realize he said that you are not required to use their software (but you get it for free anyways) and that there are already working versions of other mining software which are compatible with their miners, right? Wow that was a long sentence! What ticks you off about this?

Regular Guy™
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:38:25 PM

PLEASE..  Pretty please..  Could GAW(Josh) please start an Announcement tread on here..

This tread has turned into a zencontroller,Furry, War Machine, shipping etc etc Info thread and my eyes and fingers are bleeding trying to keep up with this thread just to try and pick out important Announcement Info...  And I know we have the mailing list where Final announcements will be made(Although not everything seems to make it in this mailing list) but I like reading all of Josh's tease of coming announcements..  Keeps me on the edge of my seat..

Thank you..   

(This Announcement was brought to you by the old and now ancient original GAW Founder member(Week 1))

GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:41:22 PM

However, the CCN article states that it will start shipping in late June, while it says on your miners' page that it already is included for the next batches.

They are shipping today for this weeks batch Smiley

volder

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:41:58 PM

How about the hosted week one batch?

Regular Guy™
GAW Miners_CEO

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:47:09 PM

PLEASE..  Pretty please..  Could GAW(Josh) please start an Announcement tread on here..

This tread has turned into a zencontroller,Furry, War Machine, shipping etc etc Info thread and my eyes and fingers are bleeding trying to keep up with this thread just to try and pick out important Announcement Info...  And I know we have the mailing list where Final announcements will be made(Although not everything seems to make it in this mailing list) but I like reading all of Josh's tease of coming announcements..  Keeps me on the edge of my seat..

Thank you..   

(This Announcement was brought to you by the old and now ancient original GAW Founder member(Week 1))

I hear you! But thats what this was supposed to be! And its a full time job to keep people from trolling us. And if I start a new one, they trolls will follow us there too. (sigh)

Additionally, I often try to take discussions that either clutter the board or not appropriate for public discussion offline. But instead of coming to a solution privately (and announcing if need be), they continue to try and have the conversation publicly.
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:47:46 PM

Did you want to switch to a shipped order? Smiley

volder

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:51:17 PM

Asking what software you support needs to be taken offline?  wtf?
Seriously. Take one.

Regular Guy™
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:57:46 PM

Hey Guys,

Cpuminer?
Cgminer?
Bfgminer?
Sgminer?

Using your software is a requirement that came up TODAY. Why the heck do I need to make a support request to get the software? Why not make it available publicly as a download from your site?

You do realize how absolutely rediculous this sounds that you are requiring people to use a brand new service to manage their hardware via a website when they have the hardware in front of them? And you tell this to people today, three days to shipping?

Now I am just getting ticked off at this shit show.
You do realize he said that you are not required to use their software (but you get it for free anyways) and that there are already working versions of other mining software which are compatible with their miners, right? Wow that was a long sentence! What ticks you off about this?

Thanks, and to add to that.

One the the majority things that takes the time of our tech support time is people using custom software on their controllers that do not interact with the hardware correctly.

Customer will still be able to do that, but we will just not be able to provide support for that software.

Part of the reason we choose to work with zenminer is to be able to fully support the hardware. To offer upgraded firmware, even over-clocking settings, etc.

This will allow us to provide enhanced support for our hardware and reduce support issues, even make support faster. For example, if we discover a bug, we have the ability to provide a patch to zenminer and they can push the update to all the controllers!

Think of it like your OS. You can always run open source if you want (for disclosure we never said we supported), or you can run an supported OS and receive updates and the convenience of someone else managing creating updates, etc.

Everyone is different, the good news is you have both choices Smiley
itswes

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:57:55 PM

Will hosted A2s be back anytime soon?
GAW Miners (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:58:37 PM

Pre-orders for next week are already up! Smiley

volder

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:02:55 PM

One the the majority things that takes the time of our tech support time is people using custom software on their controllers that do not interact with the hardware correctly.

Customer will still be able to do that, but we will just not be able to provide support for that software.

Part of the reason we choose to work with zenminer is to be able to fully support the hardware. To offer upgraded firmware, even over-clocking settings, etc.

This will allow us to provide enhanced support for our hardware and reduce support issues, even make support faster. For example, if we discover a bug, we have the ability to provide a patch to zenminer and they can push the update to all the controllers!

Think of it like your OS. You can always run open source if you want (for disclosure we never said we supported), or you can run an supported OS and receive updates and the convenience of someone else managing creating updates, etc.

Great. That's exactly how I figured it would work.

Very similar to everything else in the tech world. You have the ability to root/jailbreak your iPhone/Android, but if you do the hardware manufacturer does cover your goof-ups. Pretty standard stuff here.

Somewhere, someway, the community will get involved and make some pretty good software that runs GAW miners, should you choose to use it.

Regular Guy™
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:03:56 PM

Very similar to everything else in the tech world. You have the ability to root/jailbreak your iPhone/Android, but if you do the hardware manufacturer does cover your goof-ups. Pretty standard stuff here.

Somewhere, someway, the community will get involved and make some pretty good software that runs GAW miners, should you choose to use it.

Thats 100% correct. Its not a new concept Smiley
volder

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:05:16 PM

...and here you had us thinking you were turning the mining world upside down. =P I'm so disappointed!

Regular Guy™
GAW Miners_CEO

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:08:50 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 10:45:32 PM by GAW Miners_CEO

...and here you had us thinking you were turning the mining world upside down. =P I'm so disappointed!

In this example, there are many companies (zenminer, apple, etc) that are much smarter then us, they have already figured this out Smiley
itswes

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:22:41 PM

I see the A2s under Innosilicon but no A2s at all under hosting.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:30:47 PM

I see the A2s under Innosilicon but no A2s at all under hosting.

Here they are Smiley
http://www.gawminers.com/hosted-28-mh-s-the-a2-mini-scrypt-miner/
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:35:03 PM

I am with GAW on this one thanks JOSH. We getting power supplies with these PIs.  Thanks for everything including the zencontroller.

In this example, there are many companies (zenminer, apple, etc) that are much smarter then me that have already figured this out Smiley

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 135 »
  Print  

Jump to: