Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169665 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Casu

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:15:31 PM

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9AVjo3qD9DAU2dfeXZyOW10SzQ/edit?pli=1

File: bitcoinplus-1.6.0-win32-setup.exe
Modified: 25. May
Created: 22. May

"Unfortunately, file is infected with virus. Only the owner can download infected files."

Huh

It will be the false positive that all bitcoin based things get. Just need to get someone to upload it elsewhere.

So you're saying you're happy downloading an exe from any website which is labelled as infected? And I've NEVER tried downloading Bitcoin Core 0.8.x or 0.9.x and had a virus warning. Ever.
How can you be so blasé about this stuff when malware is designed to steal private keys?

It's a message coming from google docs. If you haven't tried to download binaries that can mine coins from there then of course you wouldn't see it. Anyway, I'll upload the wallet to MEGA shortly and people can do their own virus scan if they are worried.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Casu

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:21:08 PM

Here is MEGA link for wallet:
https://mega.co.nz/#!iQUTFaJD!X4FPb2Z8Ph9sk4noJ-YYcACUW2U8LtCPCooRBCna8u0
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:22:00 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 02:34:25 PM by subSTRATA

"Unfortunately, file is infected with virus. Only the owner can download infected files."

Huh

It will be the false positive that all bitcoin based things get. Just need to get someone to upload it elsewhere.

That is not true. I have downloaded shitload of files including Bitcoin-based wallets from Google and never received a message as above one. Check for example newest TEK
wallet, no warning of any sort.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320404.0 (Windows version)

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Casu

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:29:27 PM

Huh

That is not true. I have downloaded shitload of files including Bitcoin-based wallets from Google and never received a message as above one.

Well here is the virustotal results for XBC wallet:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/756ddd871a90d2b50acf8034ec0f60e12fe65ce95f0f97dbb4c541e2e75c4418/analysis/

Make your own mind up if you want to download it. Pretty much all wallets come up with a couple of false positives but if you are worried then simply don't risk it I guess.
Casu

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:33:14 PM

Huh

That is not true. I have downloaded shitload of files including Bitcoin-based wallets from Google and never received a message as above one. Check for example newest TEK
wallet, no warning of any sort.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320404.0 (Windows version)

Fair enough, you are right on that one. I wonder if it's something in the installer that is being picked up. Anyway I trust it mainly because Mindfox made it and I can't see why he would ruin is reputation by including a virus that is obviously going to be found when people scan the file. Like said already, it's up to individuals to decide whether they want to run it or not.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:34:56 PM

The fact file was modified 3 days since it is was created is a major red flag. I'll skip downloading anything XBC-related for now. Developers should step in and clear this mess.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Casu

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:39:34 PM

The fact file was modified 3 days since it is was created is a major red flag. I'll skip downloading anything XBC-related for now. Developers should step in and clear this mess.

That's a bit dramatic. Some sort of update being made to a wallet is hardly uncommon. Anyway up to you, stay away if you aren't comfortable. Hopefully devs will come back soon and clarify things but I think the virus scan speaks for itself, all the major scanners give it a pass.
jiapetz

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:50:06 PM

Anyone notice how jiapetz removed his reply to my post? Wheres this shitcoin's support now?

When i posted that he was a scapegoat, he replied saying that he wasnt.

I did not respond to your post at all. There's cached copies of all BCTalk threads for those that know where to look, so please don't make up random blatant lies.

I think the team really took vacations, however the way they did it without informing community and everyone was gone at the same time was not a smart one.

Why I think so? It simply does not pay off to leave a coin close to Mintpal top, which is so cheap right now.

But I'm only guessing. Let's wait and see.

As for my vacation, I was actually on vacation in China and had given notice on IRC to plenty of people 2-3 weeks prior to my trip.

From what I gather, only me and coinerz are still around, as well as mindfox (who was a contract-paid wallet dev). Unfortunately, we still cannot get into contact with anyone else. One big issue right now is that neither of us has access to important accounts (social media sites, web domain admin, coin-swap wallet, etc). Coinerz had been working on a new website design and is finished, but without the domain access we cannot even upload these files. Mindfox has been working way beyond the call of duty for several weeks now, maintaining integrity of the blockchain by making frequent transactions to keep the chain alive. Had it not been for his extra work these last few weeks, the network would have already stalled.

Another barrier for development has been funding: payment to contract-devs for working on the blockchain and wallet, since neither me nor coinerz were wallet devs; coinerz handled web and video productions while I was tasked with PR and bringing in new investors (tasks that I've also been working on while in China). As of now, I've already exhausted a significant amount of my own personal funds throughout the course of this project, and the little amount I have left is very insignificant even if I were to put it all towards a dev fund.

To put it into perspective: I sank ~9 btc into XBC when I was made a team member (because I don't believe in doing anything half-assed; if I am to be a team member, then I will invest "all-in"). This eventually gave me an average buy-in of ~0.0165 BTC per XBC for ~535 XBC. I've never sold any XBC for personal gain, and only for getting BTC for paying for development charges, such as sponsoring promotions, providing XBC for giveaways, and helping pay for whatever charges I was made aware of (renting hashpower to stabilize the new chain, purchasing ad spacing and news articles, donating to the new-wallet fund). Eventually I was whittled down to 335 XBC, which to be honest, I've sold 3 days ago for a paltry ~0.8btc, netting me an overall 8 BTC loss from this. This is disregarding lost trading opportunities since I tied up all my holdings into XBC during this ~3 month duration and was unable to capitalize on trading tip-offs from my private groups.

In all honesty, as of now, I do not have a plan for getting this project back on track. Several people were aware that 2 weeks prior to my leaving for my trip, I had been rallying the team to have a team meeting and form cohesive missions/visions as well as delegate tasks, both for the sake of the project and for having a plan in effect while I was away. I was assured that everyone was up to the task and would address the issues I brought up in terms of communication and progress. Though, obviously now, it was not so.

Me and coinerz were to release an "official statement" today, but these are just my views as of now. I apologize to everyone who've lost out on their investment and for the team's lack of coordination and communication.

If anyone has any suggestions or plans/courses of action, please let me know. Keep in mind the points from above in regards to the man-power we have left, scarce funding, and the account access issue.
istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 02:53:51 PM

Huh

i just checked source and it was authored May 25 so the date is about right
https://github.com/BitcoinPlus-org/bitcoinplus/commits/master

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:25:59 PM

Game over!
surgexvb

Activity: 445

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:11:07 PM

So jiapetz, you are saying everyone except you and coinerz have officially left XBC?  If so, then the top priority would be too get another team assembled to continue where it was left off.

Obviously the domain was paid for.  Anything you can do will help.  Let me know what i can do.  XBC will NOT die this way.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
jiapetz

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:18:23 PM

So jiapetz, you are saying everyone except you and coinerz have officially left XBC?  If so, then the top priority would be too get another team assembled to continue where it was left off.

Not "official", but we've gotten no responses to our emails and contacts for the past weeks, so I'm thinking pulled a runner? I'll talk with coinerz and mindfox and get an official stance.

I'm currently contacting a few people to form another team, but there's not really any Robin Hood teams out there that "save coins". I'll get some updates on this if I get any leads.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 04:52:39 PM

If anyone has any suggestions or plans/courses of action, please let me know. Keep in mind the points from above in regards to the man-power we have left, scarce funding, and the account access issue.

I threw out some ideas to  coinerz a couple of days ago, but they probably weren't particularly good ideas. The real problem is funding for Mindfox.

If we pretend you wanted to take over the coin, then you could gather some sort of team. Plenty of coins have small teams. The problem is then paying Mindfox for his past work, and future work. Issues like access to the domain and such would ideally need to be addressed too.

You could go the donation route, but I doubt you'd get very much. You basically need one of those revival teams who take on dead-ish coins. Or a dev willing to either work on this unpaid, or is willing to make a new coin and do a complete swapover with XBC. Due to the negativity from DCM, and I expect now towards XBC, a complete coin swap to a different coin may not be the worst idea.

Again, funding would be the issue. Only ways I see around that are the unlikely scenarios of Serious or Wallenstein sharing some of the DCM ipo funds with XBC or another ipo (and I'm sure after DCM, people wouldn't be overjoyed with that idea). Mindfox makes a new coin, runs his own ipo on polo (they hold all ipo funds until used), and a partial swap of xbc and dcm for the new coin occurs. But I expect Mindfox probably wouldn't be so interested, and people wouldn't be especially interested in an ipo. But that's the only way I see Mindfox being paid for this.
helping hands

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:25:15 PM

Any large holders of XBC will profit from the pump leading up to mintpal and maybe it would also give the opportunity to raise development funds from the pump.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:26:33 PM

If you guys haven't noticed.

The "devs" of Bitcoinplus abandoned the coin and installed a virus in the Bitcoinplus wallet.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:33:08 PM

Any large holders of XBC will profit from the pump leading up to mintpal and maybe it would also give the opportunity to raise development funds from the pump.

Reddcoin is catching up...
surgexvb

Activity: 445

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:49:24 PM

I am literally in shock here.I cannot believe this team would allow this to happen to their community and investors.Surely there is some logical explanation.Even a complete overhaul and relaunch would be better than allowing this to happen.I am absolutely dumbfounded by what is happening here.I am also a holder of XBC.

you and me both.  I thought we had such momentum going

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
helping hands

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:56:20 PM

Yep it doesn't make sense for the devs to abandon now.  Why would they not wait until until MP?  They'd have made more profit that way.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:58:06 PM

I think with a great plan, this coin should be taken over and it will go back up where it was a month ago.
BitcoinOnFire

Activity: 159

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 06:13:29 PM

It's sad but appears XBC was a scam at the beggining (dev abandoned with IPO coins if I remember right) and then these kids taken the project and went for vacation.

Any more childish team  wants to pee on that coin?   Lips sealed

###
### Simplify your life with passwords -> passcombo.com - smart password generator
###
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: