Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:38:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169665 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wallenstein

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 11:48:10 PM

Our questionnaire is bringing us a great deal of new concepts, I really like where we are headed. We are working up our outlook sheet now and kicking off the next phase of our development. I will be posting a linked PDF hopefully by tomorrow evening detailing everything we decide on. If you haven't provided your own insight yet please check out https://xbcplus.com/community/threads/xbc-public-questionairre.102/ - Each of you has crucial input, we would like to provide results for everybody so please take some time and answer these questions for us.

Jiapetz passed down a nice list of marketing questions for me, I thought I would post the reply here to show you what we are all doing.

1. Do I (they-people-my market) have a problem worth solving? The amount of people aware of cryptocurrency is growing profoundly, this is becoming a huge market but yet still lacks true professionalism. There is a huge focus on the technological innovations, as well as a huge market full of speculative investors buying and selling coins with no true value; it is becoming a game of big winners and big losers and there is very little in this business worth putting true faith into. I believe we (The XBC community) can solve these problems with our team of educated developers who have a history everywhere from the computer software industry, web development, and even accounting and financial analytics. Each member using his own trade skills and contacts will be able to add true value drivers to our currency via not only technological innovation but by also bringing true business practice (i.e. investor whitesheets, outlook statements, investments, and of course bringing in vendors and merchants to accept our coin adding a form of intrinsic value to our currency.
2. What is the single (1) biggest problem I want to solve? As I covered in the prior question, I feel that the primary problem we aim to solve is the disconnect between businesses and cryptocurrency. Cryptocoin development teams seem to emerge and dissipate, promises are made and broken in the name of making a few dollars. Why is this a problem? If you were running a business whether it be selling a product or in the investment industry (which is where my experience lays) would you not be weary about attaching your business to a name that you cannot trust? My aim is to commit to a longstanding group of professionals who all share the vision of etching our names as the most trustworthy group in this business, rather than hoping to make a few bucks this week, we aim to make our profits in the long term while simultaneously benefitting both the cryptocurrency world as well as directly profiting the businesses who get involved with us.

3. Why do I want to solve THIS problem? Personally and Professionally? I have always had a profound love for innovative ideas and all open source community projects, however in this particular realm I see a great problem emerging due to the typical lust for money. Years of effort have been put into bitcoin and its alternatives, and without the right minds stepping in from a non technical, business perspective it may ultimately fail. From a professional viewpoint, I see a burgeoning market that the mainstream may not yet be aware of, we need to tap its full potential and bring businesses in early on; I feel the return on these early investments will be enormous given the right group of professionals step in today.

4. What do I think it's going to provide? I’m certain given the proper resources XBC is going to bring a trustworthy, reputable name to the table with which both investors, merchants, and distributors will look to as a channel to increase exposure and ultimately income. If we can solve the above mentioned problem then we will easily stand out as the primier cryptocoin for which business will place their trust and ultiamtely money. In all of my years in professional business I have always looked for niche markets that I believe are going to catch the public eye as creating relationships and attachments in this phase is very cost effective from an investment perspective. Standing now on the side of the XBC team I am certain that anybody who can see our merit that is willing to contribute to our cause will see big results in the long term. In the end everything comes down to dollars and cents; we believe XBC will bring a great deal of exposure to both the small business owner all the way up to large corporations who are willing to attach their name to ours.

5. What are the issues they are dealing with around this problem? The crypto community at large is seemingly very scarred, on a daily basis as the lead developer of Bitcoin Plus I am constantly faced with a barrage of questions from very anxious and nervous investors. No matter how much proof we provide that we are here for the long haul – to this point (nearly 40 days after we have taken the head of this coin) there is always a hint of distrust in the air, they are very used to being lied to and used to make a few dollars in the short term. With time however, many of these very people have converted their viewpoints to our side and not only are showing trust in us but joining our ranks, I believe these conversions of faith are a necessary triumph for us which will ultimately be our selling point to break into the public eye as a worthy investment.
6. What is their (investor/market) present state of mind, feelings, conversations, beliefs around this problem? The current state of mind with many investors out there now is to invest, hold briefly, get out and be happy with short term gains. This problem exists due to limited funding and a very large spread throughout the marketplace, this creates an ease of control on the marketplaces allowing the few with large sums of money to bring up the price to their selling point and dump their investments – effectively destroying faith and killing coins one after another. I hear consistently that once a coin has “dumped” it will never recover, however in an open market anything can happen; so this belief is ultimately incorrect.

7. What is their (investor/market) desired state of mind, feelings, conversations, beliefs around this problem? It is clear through constant conversation within both our XBC community and the crypto world at large that these investors are looking for a place they can put their money while comfortably going to sleep at night knowing they will not suffer drastic losses in the long haul. While our coin has gone through these typical motions of market sway and play, we aim to show these investors that their desires are possible; all it takes is a team who is willing to continue working. I’ve researched many coins and find that after this “dump” phase occurs, their core teams become disheartened and abandon the project. This is actually a phase that the majority of physical businesses find themselves in, there is a phase of high morale and joy when it is new and the vision for the perfect future is in place; however when the big picture becomes obvious, many aspiring business owners fold. I believe that by staying true to our vision and by not laying down our project but rather doubling our efforts and truly analyzing and adapting to what needs to be done – we will provide these investors with what they are truly aiming for.

Just making a follow-up since this has been mentioned that it will be posted within the last few days and no news on this yet.
Thanks.
We've received a lot of feedback and are working on distilling it down into an actionable document. It has definitely not been forgotten and is being worked on.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:57:27 AM

I know its a bit late but I seen another coin with a fantastic feature assuming it was working correctly. How about a wallet that you can send coins via sms?

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jiapetz

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 11:05:54 PM

I know its a bit late but I seen another coin with a fantastic feature assuming it was working correctly. How about a wallet that you can send coins via sms?

Steve

Hey steve,

I feel this would be something we can solve with a mobile wallet optimized for simplicity and user ease, which would provide the same functionality. Right now we're trying to avoid simply adding other coins' features, unless we determine that the feature will fit in-line with the model of XBC.

SMS may be something we can pursue, and I'll definitely keep it on a list of ideas, but not sure about it being a priority at this point. Especially with XBC being a supply-limited POS coin where most/many people are holding for staking.

csix

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:05:44 AM

Being woken up every couple hours through the night by my newborn son isn't so bad now that it also gives me an excuse to check up on mintpal's voting and contribute. Keep it up guys, we're moving up quick! Vote here if you aren't already:

https://www.mintpal.com/voting
hrbt
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:35:29 AM

i have my coins staked for 3 days

i didn't get any stake reward?!?!

i have wallet unlocked and good working?!?

danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

What about the ability to link a wallet address to an email address, is this feasible?
csix

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 05:03:52 PM

It took me 5 days for the first stake. I would just say to wait a bit more and you'll get it. I've had 9 stake rewards since the release of the wallet, so it's working for sure.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:42:35 PM

Being woken up every couple hours through the night by my newborn son isn't so bad now that it also gives me an excuse to check up on mintpal's voting and contribute. Keep it up guys, we're moving up quick! Vote here if you aren't already:

lol silver lining Wink

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
HeaDeKBaT

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:22:15 PM

Just set up a macro scheduled to execute every 61 minutes. Seriously man, I would think by now people would learn to use the thousands of existing software to their advantage.

AC: AZrfhrxTmeBJZuYv4bZBHbNnkgQHuA4Cy8
csix

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:00:47 PM

Just set up a macro scheduled to execute every 61 minutes. Seriously man, I would think by now people would learn to use the thousands of existing software to their advantage.

I just use my phone and a timer app. Takes less than 30 seconds.
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:08:42 PM

Are we only 3 to vote ?? Comon mintpal is all what we missed from now !!

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:55:17 PM

I have voted a little bit, when I remembered to do so. I'm not one of those vote every hour on the hour sort of people, for any coin, though.

I think some MP voting contests could spur things along even more so, if any XBC whales feel like donating.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:41:03 PM

I have voted a little bit, when I remembered to do so. I'm not one of those vote every hour on the hour sort of people, for any coin, though.

I think some MP voting contests could spur things along even more so, if any XBC whales feel like donating.

This is interesting. Right now XBC is on Rank 9. To those within the XBC community who have a large following on Twitter, I recommend using this tool to gain more XBC votes. Smiley

Skatebird
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:45:31 PM

ive put the 0.0399 btc during the week-end, its all i can give for now... Ill continue voting  !!!

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:10:17 AM

ive put the 0.0399 btc during the week-end, its all i can give for now... Ill continue voting  !!!

Your effort will not be left unnoticed.

Thumbs up to you Smiley
Selsonblue

Activity: 661

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:52:36 AM

+1, Keep voting guys. This is a great effort! XBC is moving forward with some amazing projects. I know you want them to be released already, but its important we get these right!  We will succeed!  Cheesy
Selsonblue

Activity: 661

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:54:29 AM

Hey bud, Yeah wallets start "MINTING" after 24 hours. It is not guaranteed to STAKE in any scheduled fashion. It actually is very sporadic. Keep it open, you will see stake sooner or later. It will always average out to 10% annually also.

No worries.

-Selsonblue
helping hands

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:03:28 PM

I think some of the coins above us on Mintpal are doing something like this.
http://www.howtogeek.com/97998/how-to-make-your-computer-press-a-key-every-x-seconds/
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:17:27 PM

I think some of the coins above us on Mintpal are doing something like this.
http://www.howtogeek.com/97998/how-to-make-your-computer-press-a-key-every-x-seconds/

Please do not do this, Mintpal has in the past removed all of the manual votes from coins because of botting attempts.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
Skatebird
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:24:19 PM

Hey serious, will you release a whitepaper or something to give details about future plans and projects ??

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: