Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:23:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169666 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:07:08 PM

what does this coin do besides a community that come up with memes and funny posters? Grin

You clearly don't know much about this development team  Wink

For a start, the lead developer destroyed $100,000 worth of coins because it was what the community of investors asked for..

Secondly, the lead dev Seriouscoins - has worked countless days with just a couple of hours sleep, never have I met someone as hard working and dedicated as him.

The community is absolutely brilliant and near Magical !

It's definitely not about spreading memes.
There are many BIG, BIG!!! plans which most are still widely undisclosed and being talked about between developers.

First things first - establishing security and foundation. With the coin of such limited supply, with the current PoS model and the devs, the price will go up to astronomical levels with rather fast cyclic intervals. It means that there MUST be proper and professional development that really hones the foundation damn well.

The time that has taken into this purpose has pissed some impatient people off...
It is unfortunate of course, but the PoS model guarantees that the devs are in for the longest run. It would be extremely foolish to be haphazard about it and just please the fast & the furious at this point.

XBC is one of the brightest little stars there currently is because of precisely mature minded and long term oriented devs who are truly making Bitcoin Plus as one of the best cryptos yet to exist, perhaps even the best when all extra features start to take form. I believe it will end up being very versatile and that it will conquer many markets.

XBC is currently already getting ready to organize community to provide translations to all major languages for just one example.

Buy and hold - you won't regret it.

And hey, if you love the coin as much as pretty much everyone who has been properly introduced to it, you will have a great time participating in the community.

This is not just another coin.
Community is strong behind this one for a myriad of reasons.

Long term development with absolutely enthusiastic and professional & mature crowd.
Most devs are in their 30's-50's. So it's not a bunch of kids fooling around  Smiley

People are serious on this one.

Hi guys,

I'm researching this coin to see if I want to invest. Have I missed any of your points on why this coin is unique? This is what I got so far.

-POS with small # of coins
-Magical Community, that is serious about their coin.
-Dev has destroyed $100,000
-Dev is a hardworking man
-Unknown big plans
edit.  and Tee-shirts.. lol

What other features does this thing got?  Why should I invest other then as you say it will go up in value? What makes this coin different from all the other 1000 coins that say VERY similar things? Sell it to me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bid4Bit

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:17:17 PM

"Sell it to me."

aka.

Do my own research for me.  Grin Cheesy
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:23:23 PM

"Sell it to me."

aka.

Do my own research for me.  Grin Cheesy

LOL.  Thanks magical community..

Nevermind. I guess I'll reread that op again to see if new info has appeared.
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:46:39 PM

Ok, did a reread of the OP.

I still have the same questions..

What makes this coin unique other then snarky members?
Bid4Bit

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:00:10 PM

I'm glad you appreciated and understood a little humor there.  Cheesy
However, I would like to leave the question to those who have more gusto & technical expertise to answer your question to give the answer some better substance that what I can deliver at this point (my personal inabilities) to give you a better view. I don't feel like sharing some information that is not official / is conceptual that I know, as I do not wish to say something that wasn't on the official plan of development, if you know what I'm saying.

I think you have a legitimate question and let's hope it'll be answered by some core devs when they get their break off development.
ExtraSpecialBitter

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:17:39 PM

Johnny, I don't have anything new to add other than the fact that XBC is still on the ground floor and hasn't had its chance to shine yet so therefore now is a great point to get in.  55,000 coins is not a lot and with a great community growing I don't think you would be taking too much risk at this point.  Once the wallet is out and news is released XBC is bound to go up and then once it stabilizes at its new floor it will be up to the entire community including the developers to keep it going and from what I've seen I think this will be the case.  I am heavily invested in XBC because I believe in the coin and the community behind it.  Best of luck in your research.
cryptocheese

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:50:23 PM

This coin still in development? We have not heard from Polo about this magical wallet
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:14:54 PM

To be fair I did spend a considerable amount of time in a mental word. Tongue

True story. Smiley

My concerns are real though:

1.  They raised a massive amount of money.  

2. While there is a lot of IRC chatter there is not very much actual proof of development yet, and the development so far with the wallet is just a small drop in the bucket compared to the final features promised.  The features they promised may never be finished at this rate.

3. Given delays in development for XBC they decide to release a second coin.  This is very concerning.  I am not saying this is all a big scam, it might be and even the developers hired might be being scammed as well - but it does indicate signs of management incompetence at the least.

I think this is something that the devs should clear up.

The current team isn't the same as the XLC dev, who was the original dev for XBC who did the ipo stuff. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it sort of went like:

XBCPlus started XBC, ran the ipo, and then he either walked away, or handed off the coin to a new dev team (not sure which). There were concerns regarding the ipo money and how it wasn't being used for development, but that may have been worked out by now between the original dev and Serious (no idea). That is also why XLC's ipo was on Bittrex, as the person who runs Poloniex has some issues regarding the original dev's behavior.

Basically saying, in a confusing sounding way, that the XBC devs/team didn't release a second coin. In fact, many weren't particularly happy about it. Nor did they get the ipo money.
Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:32:39 PM

To be fair I did spend a considerable amount of time in a mental word. Tongue

True story. Smiley

My concerns are real though:

1.  They raised a massive amount of money.  

2. While there is a lot of IRC chatter there is not very much actual proof of development yet, and the development so far with the wallet is just a small drop in the bucket compared to the final features promised.  The features they promised may never be finished at this rate.

3. Given delays in development for XBC they decide to release a second coin.  This is very concerning.  I am not saying this is all a big scam, it might be and even the developers hired might be being scammed as well - but it does indicate signs of management incompetence at the least.

I think this is something that the devs should clear up.

The current team isn't the same as the XLC dev, who was the original dev for XBC who did the ipo stuff. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it sort of went like:

XBCPlus started XBC, ran the ipo, and then he either walked away, or handed off the coin to a new dev team (not sure which). There were concerns regarding the ipo money and how it wasn't being used for development, but that may have been worked out by now between the original dev and Serious (no idea). That is also why XLC's ipo was on Bittrex, as the person who runs Poloniex has some issues regarding the original dev's behavior.

Basically saying, in a confusing sounding way, that the XBC devs/team didn't release a second coin. In fact, many weren't particularly happy about it. Nor did they get the ipo money.

Hello,

Before I even start to respond, we need to be very clear here... the XLC Dev did start XBC... But he is in no way associated with XBC anymore, he is aware we have taken over this project completely and he will not be re-joining us.

Yeah there is some uncertainty about the story behind XBC. We do understand this and intend to fully clear that issue up soon. Our bug free, PoS wallet has been the main focus of the team for the past couple weeks. Once that is delivered, we will clear up the whole IPO thing.

XBC thus far has strictly been funded from the current development teams own personal funds, not the IPO.. That should spell out exactly how determined we are to make this project a success... we have taken it this far against tremendous resistance and unfortunate setbacks and we are gaining more talent every day to assist with the growing list of projects we are currently undertaking.

As far as the person doing research about XBC, wondering if they should invest. Please come join us in the #XBC IRC channel and we will gladly introduce ourselves and some of the projects we are currently working on... as well as clear up any questions you may have.

Our community may come off a bit "snarky" as you put it... but i would probably term our guys as "Enthusiastic" about being part of such a committed group. We all hold this same point of view, and openly welcome investors/developers/talent if you want to get involved.

PM Selsonblue on XBC IRC  or Bitcoin talk... I am more likely to respond in a timely fashion through the IRC.

Hope to see you soon!
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:01:17 PM

Greetings Johnny,

Would you like to come on IRC and speak to me? I feel maybe a live Q&A on a human to human basis would be resourceful for both of us.. I tell you what's what currently, and perhaps as a potential investor you can follow through with ideas or perhaps "I'll invest if X Y Z is complete" - I really appreciate input that way

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
jiapetz

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:12:01 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 05:32:22 PM by jiapetz

Hi guys,

I'm researching this coin to see if I want to invest. Have I missed any of your points on why this coin is unique? This is what I got so far.

-POS with small # of coins
-Magical Community, that is serious about their coin.
-Dev has destroyed $100,000
-Dev is a hardworking man
-Unknown big plans
edit.  and Tee-shirts.. lol

What other features does this thing got?  Why should I invest other then as you say it will go up in value? What makes this coin different from all the other 1000 coins that say VERY similar things? Sell it to me.

I would simply like to point out that what we offer that's different from other coins, is not a new fancy algorithm, or some gimmicky new feature to the coin, which I'm seeing is an issue that's come up a lot recently. This is also the reason why there are 300+ different altcoins; there's so many combinations of specs and features and people have stuck in their mind that one of these combinations is the "holy grail" of all altcoins, which is not the case. Yes specs and protocol are important, but they are second in priority to one thing: building a community.

The important thing to remember about all cryptos is that, the crypto is developed for the purpose of satisfying the needs of the community for which it was built, correct? I mean this is the whole ideal behind opensource, decentralized digital currency. Unfortunately, many people in the crypto-world has forgotten this very key concept. Investors have become attached to the idea of "making money" and use altcoins simply as a means of building their BTC stack, rather than actually producing uses and experimenting with said coins.

What we offer at BitcoinPlus (XBC), is a very motivated and insipiring development team who's focus is on building a happy, enjoyable community where the needs of each of our members is satisfied to the best of our extent. IMO, it does not matter how many features you throw at a coin. At the end of the day, it all comes down to the coin's users and whether they are happy or not. If our users can show us just how they can benefit from a certain feature (which has merits and true advantages), then we will do our best to implement said feature.

With this being said, there's two factors that further contribute to a strong, positive community: constant progress, and transparency. These serve as both proof to our team's dedication to the project, and helps give our community hope for the future. In this way, we are setting new moral and ideological standards for digital currency (per the slogan), not necessarily standards in terms of features.
jiapetz

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:22:00 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 06:35:22 PM by jiapetz

what does this coin do besides a community that come up with memes and funny posters? Grin

Our community is free to pursue their own projects and ideas, but official releases go through the development team first to ensure a complete quality and professionalism. This is why you see many humourus (not-so-serious) posters and pictures, videos and other things.

These projects simply show that our community shares in our team's enthusiasm for this coin, and that we are all willing to put in work on this coin in every way.

Since the takeover by the current dev team, we've strived to build our coin off of strong foundations, thus is why we've only included the features we deemed to have actual advantages and benefits (such as POS, having rarity in supply, fast transaction times, etc). We also feel very strongly about our ideals and community, and this is the basis for our coin.

Thus it is not only what our coin can do, but what our team and community can do as a whole. And as evidenced by the past few weeks, we've stuck together very strongly and have pushed through many obstacles; the loyalty of this community is astounding and the team truly appreciates the support.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:23:12 PM

I am very excited about the developments so far and the solid and committed Team and Community..This really makes it the Community Coin of 2014 and the coin to invest in long term.. Smiley
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:36:58 PM

I am so glad to be on board with this coin, it's long term vision and dedicated dev team are the 2 main reasons i'm into XBC  Cool
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:35:34 PM

To those who responded, Thank you very much. Sericouscoins thats awesome that you would take time out of your busy schedule to have a chat with a stranger. I'm going to watch this project for awhile but don't have anything I can add or questions that can advance anything your are doing here.

But, I see where you are going with this. I like the name of the project. It has good marketability. And you are right features and gimmicks shouldn't sell a coin. Especially with features being open source anyone can borrow any concept to add it on, you just need a good community and dev to make it happen. It seems yall got that so congrats.

However with a name such as Bitcoinplus, you are kinda implying that it is everything bitcoin is plus more. So as a user I kinda assumed it had some nice new features as the name implied. And given the direction of "gen2" coins I was kinda hoping that this project might be something like a bitcoinfork with an 80byte op_return and coin join and decentralized escrow and all the other interesting things the bitcoin community wanted and the btf said no to.

One critque though might be, as tough as it is to avoid features and gimmicks bitcoinplus does seem to have some. The IPO, the Rareness ( 100,000 coins ), POS = enviromentaly friendly, and POS Wallet + multipool support. So try as this project might to over look them, you got some gimmicks. I'm also wondering if there is any great difference from blackcoin? (I'm not trying to be a negative nelly here)

If you take a look at the first generation of bitcoin clones you find the name ixcoin. Ixcoin is nearly identical to bitcoin and it has no special features. The only thing that makes it interesting though, is because it is merged mined, it has a crazy high hash rate making it extremely secure. How does the security of Bitcoinplus work being its POS? Is it more secure then bitcoin? I am having trouble finding the whitepaper that might have this info.

All in all I wish this project luck. And it has got me thinking, what would the bitcoinplus project have looked like if you kept the POS model yet took a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain and used that as your distribution model, thus tying it to bitcoin?
jiapetz

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:54:00 PM

To those who responded, Thank you very much. Sericouscoins thats awesome that you would take time out of your busy schedule to have a chat with a stranger. I'm going to watch this project for awhile but don't have anything I can add or questions that can advance anything your are doing here.

But, I see where you are going with this. I like the name of the project. It has good marketability. And you are right features and gimmicks shouldn't sell a coin. Especially with features being open source anyone can borrow any concept to add it on, you just need a good community and dev to make it happen. It seems yall got that so congrats.

However with a name such as Bitcoinplus, you are kinda implying that it is everything bitcoin is plus more. So as a user I kinda assumed it had some nice new features as the name implied. And given the direction of "gen2" coins I was kinda hoping that this project might be something like a bitcoinfork with an 80byte op_return and coin join and decentralized escrow and all the other interesting things the bitcoin community wanted and the btf said no to.

One critque though might be, as tough as it is to avoid features and gimmicks bitcoinplus does seem to have some. The IPO, the Rareness ( 100,000 coins ), POS = enviromentaly friendly, and POS Wallet + multipool support. So try as this project might to over look them, you got some gimmicks. I'm also wondering if there is any great difference from blackcoin? (I'm not trying to be a negative nelly here)

If you take a look at the first generation of bitcoin clones you find the name ixcoin. Ixcoin is nearly identical to bitcoin and it has no special features. The only thing that makes it interesting though, is because it is merged mined, it has a crazy high hash rate making it extremely secure. How does the security of Bitcoinplus work being its POS? Is it more secure then bitcoin? I am having trouble finding the whitepaper that might have this info.

All in all I wish this project luck. And it has got me thinking, what would the bitcoinplus project have looked like if you kept the POS model yet took a snapshot of the bitcoin blockchain and used that as your distribution model, thus tying it to bitcoin?

Unfortunately, several aspects of Bitcoinplus have been implemented prior to our team coming in to pick up development. One of these being the distribution method, which was done through fair IPO; since coins have already been distributed to people in this way, we kinda have to stick with it. But the IPO distribution via Poloniex is fair, and thus we are okay with how it worked out. Another is the specs: POS and the coin cap were already a part of this coin, and we thought that the features merited enough benefits where we could safely support keeping them implemented (ex: POS + multipool has been proven to be successful, whereas other new protocols have not). As we progress into the future, we can of course make changes and forks to steamline the system and provide a "better" protocol per our community's vision for the coin.

As for POS security, the issue with an attack is no longer from mining power, but from "holding/balance" power, how many coins you are holding in staking. Similar to needing the majority hashing power in POW, you would need a majority of the staking power (aka staking balance) to do any sort of tampering. That being said, I think this does make POS much more secure than POW, especially when built upon a strong, large community because the coins will be better distributed and will make it harder for any single person or entity to gather enough coins.

Think of it also in this way: mining power is virtually limitless, thus there is always risk that someone will come in with a mining farm and tamper with your blockchain (ex: your network has 500mhs supporting it, someone comes in with a 1ghs rig and owns the majority hashing power). In POS, you would need acquire coins from other holders and get enough of them to the point where you own the majority staking power before you can do any manipulation. Now, given the rarity, POS, and strong community, it is very hard for a single person to consolidate enough coins to have enough power. Thus, the network security now lies solely in the community: larger community = better distribution = more secure. It is easy to buy mining power...but community power cannot be bought (at least not nearly to the extent as mining power).
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:25:04 PM

hi let me tell u the truth from someone invested but not one of the insiders i will put it for lack of a better word. i dont have time to sit in irc 24/7 like some of these people so i go to check on a wallet for my coins that has taken weeks to make Roll Eyes and i get stupid jokes and bullshit answers from people in the irc. who think it is some kind of a joke for an investor to wonder where his wallet is and what is taking so long. the forum mods jiapetz and the others just laugh and offer no help. only zmeddy said that irc is no place for fud and misinformation. i dont even know where this great community is everyone is talking about this coin only has 77 pages here most of the coins are held bye a few people they pump the coin up and then sell and push the price back down over and over again. so if you are a daytrader and like to make 10-20 percent off and on i say invest. if you are looking for something longterm i would watch and understand what you are dealing with. i still hold my xbc with hopes things will change but i havent seen anything that makes me think it will at this moment just a bunch of promises and talk.
GatorJMT

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:33:41 PM

hi let me tell u the truth from someone invested but not one of the insiders i will put it for lack of a better word. i dont have time to sit in irc 24/7 like some of these people so i go to check on a wallet for my coins that has taken weeks to make Roll Eyes and i get stupid jokes and bullshit answers from people in the irc. who think it is some kind of a joke for an investor to wonder where his wallet is and what is taking so long. the forum mods jiapetz and the others just laugh and offer no help. only zmeddy said that irc is no place for fud and misinformation. i dont even know where this great community is everyone is talking about this coin only has 77 pages here most of the coins are held bye a few people they pump the coin up and then sell and push the price back down over and over again. so if you are a daytrader and like to make 10-20 percent off and on i say invest. if you are looking for something longterm i would watch and understand what you are dealing with. i still hold my xbc with hopes things will change but i havent seen anything that makes me think it will at this moment just a bunch of promises and talk.

In all fairness this thread would have much more pages than 77 if it was not self-moderated with a lot of replies questioning the coin's many shortcomings being summarily deleted.
jiapetz

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:43:22 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 10:01:20 PM by jiapetz

Checking my history of posts, I don't believe I've ever ridiculed anyone or disregarded anyone's concerns and questions. We have tried to provide as much details and answers as we can, without releasing rumors or non-concrete facts. The wallet is in the hands of Poloniex right now and was given the green light by tf2honeybadger the wallet manager for Poloniex, so questions as to when Poloniex will implement the wallet cannot be answered by me.

As far as "bullshit answers from people in IRC", I record logs of many important events that occur in chat, and I have a very good memory when it comes to this sort of thing. The last conversation you held on IRC was with a user Glizack.

You had asked when the wallet will be done and why it is taken so long (using many exclamation points and caps, and going on a general rant to say the least). I had answered that extra time was due to requiring more meticulous testing to make sure there are no dire bugs that can pop up in the future. Glizack had sarcastically said it was "because we're using 14.4k dial up modem so it will take hours" (something to this extent) and he made it very clear that he was simply joking. You took offense to his comment, and believed it to be an official announcement even after many of our admins and other members had stated that this was not true, and that Glizack was simply a random jokester in the IRC.

Thus for "telling the truth from someone invested", I'm not sure your story is quite straight with the actual event of this conversation. If necessary, I will go back and see if the history of this conversation was recorded and show concrete proof.

There are no insiders in this project; all information is accessible in many ways to those that need it and look for it. I and the team cannot take responsibility for you believing the words of someone not associated with the team, especially after he had made it clear he was simply joking.
jiapetz

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:50:55 PM

In all fairness this thread would have much more pages than 77 if it was not self-moderated with a lot of replies questioning the coin's many shortcomings being summarily deleted.

While this may be the case for some past posts, I have not personally deleted any comments on here.

Furthermore, many of these deleted posts come from trolls spreading false rumors, posting pictures of "sh*tcoin" filling up this board. While we do allow freedom of speech and opinion, it is very counterproductive to have the board filled up with these sorts of spam.

All professional and well versed concerns and questions (whatever they are about), are left intact and are responded to in the same manner.

Simply put, we respect everyone's opinions but we also expect would like some respect in return. Thus is why the spam and full-on trolling posts are removed, as they are not beneficial or helpful to progress in any way. Other people have voiced the same concerns but in a much more professional manner, and we are happy to leave these up for people to see.

Had we really wanted to censor everyone, we would not leave up people's questions and concerns and would not be using IRC (which is very difficult to censor if not impossible) as our main means of communication.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: