Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:31:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169665 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:54:56 PM

Ok, did a reread of the OP.

I still have the same questions..

What makes this coin unique other then snarky members?
hi let me tell u the truth from someone invested but not one of the insiders i will put it for lack of a better word. i dont have time to sit in irc 24/7 like some of these people so i go to check on a wallet for my coins that has taken weeks to make Roll Eyes and i get stupid jokes and bullshit answers from people in the irc. who think it is some kind of a joke for an investor to wonder where his wallet is and what is taking so long. the forum mods jiapetz and the others just laugh and offer no help. only zmeddy said that irc is no place for fud and misinformation. i dont even know where this great community is everyone is talking about this coin only has 77 pages here most of the coins are held bye a few people they pump the coin up and then sell and push the price back down over and over again. so if you are a daytrader and like to make 10-20 percent off and on i say invest. if you are looking for something longterm i would watch and understand what you are dealing with. i still hold my xbc with hopes things will change but i havent seen anything that makes me think it will at this moment just a bunch of promises and talk.

Checking my history of posts, I don't believe I've ever ridiculed anyone or disregarded anyone's concerns and questions. We have tried to provide as much details and answers as we can, without releasing rumors or non-concrete facts. The wallet is in the hands of Poloniex right now and was given the green light by tf2honeybadger the wallet manager for Poloniex, so questions as to when Poloniex will implement the wallet cannot be answered by me.

As far as "bullshit answers from people in IRC", I record logs of many important events that occur in chat, and I have a very good memory when it comes to this sort of thing.

The last conversation you held on IRC was with a user Glizack. You had asked when the wallet will be done and why it is taken so long. I had answered that extra time was due to requiring more meticulous testing to make sure there are no dire bugs that can pop up in the future. Glizack had sarcastically said it was "because we're using 14.4k dial up modem so it will take hours" (something to this extent) and he made it very clear that he was simply joking. You took offense to this, and believed it to be an official announcement even after many of our admins and other members had stated that this was not true, and that Glizack was simply a random jokester in the IRC.

There are no insiders in this project; all information is accessible in many ways to those that need it and look for it. I and the team cannot take responsibility for you believing the words of someone not associated with the team, especially after he had made it clear he was simply joking.
well i dont think you guys are funny how old are you? this is money we are talking about. when someone ask a question just answer it. and i am telling him my experience with the irc not a place to get answers in my opinion. he should know all sides before investing. if i had any idea things were going to be like this i would have never spent money on xbc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:07:08 PM

well i dont think you guys are funny how old are you? this is money we are talking about. when someone ask a question just answer it. and i am telling him my experience with the irc not a place to get answers in my opinion. he should know all sides before investing. if i had any idea things were going to be like this i would have never spent money on xbc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
jiapetz

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:11:25 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 10:33:12 PM by jiapetz

Like I've just stated, I answered you during the time you were in IRC as did several of our admins/members. We've also apologized at the time for the confusion and gave an official response. I'm simply providing the complete account of that event, which you seem to be missing.

You listened to a random person not on the team, and took his obviously sarcastic answer to be real even after it had been clarified.

I understand that new investors need all the information to make a sound investing decision; notice that I tell people to buy anything in my response, and even when I do give trading advice, I offer it with a grain of salt. However, I cannot let people tell stories to new investors when such stories are missing vital pieces of information. This would be unfair to both the team, community, and outsiders looking in.
dload.1
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1004

BTC

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:19:41 PM

Like I've just stated, I answered you during the time you were in IRC as did several of our admins/members. We've also apologized at the time for the confusion and gave an official response. I'm simply providing the complete account of that event, which you seem to be missing.

You listened to a random person not on the team, and took his obviously sarcastic answer to be real even after it had been clarified.

I understand that new investors need all the information to make a sound investing decision; notice that I tell people to buy anything in my response, and even when I do give trading advice, I offer it with a grain of salt. However, I cannot let people tell stories to new investors when such stories are missing vital pieces of information. This would be unfair to both the team, community, and outsiders looking in.
[/quote] maybe you should get a person for answering questions and concerns so we can ask them about things and not have to deal with irc when we would like to know things that are important. someone that takes this serious and understands people are frustrated waiting weeks for a wallet. i hope this thing will be great when it is done because i feel this waiting has hurt this coin i hope i am wrong.
jiapetz

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:37:50 PM

There is always this announcement thread to leave questions and concerns.

The community forum is also up for people that would prefer to use that, as we will soon be utilizing that as another means of communication (the link will be provided pending wallet release on Polo).
cryptocheese

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:43:54 PM

Let me guess.

It's Friday and the wallet is still not ready for primetime...right?  Roll Eyes
SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Coinoholic

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 11:06:09 PM

Let me guess.

It's Friday and the wallet is still not ready for primetime...right?  Roll Eyes

Hi Cryptocheese, the wallet was actually sent to Poloniex yesterday, they are working on setting it up right now. They are the first doing the transition followed by the public, so in essence - the wallet is ready for "prime time" as you put it  Smiley

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:07:39 AM

Hello.  Smiley
Some information about what stage we are at with Poloniex would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
jiapetz

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:11:06 AM

Hello.  Smiley
Some information about what stage we are at with Poloniex would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I think Polo ran into a compiling error while setting up the wallet on their end. Nothing major since compiling errors happen all the time, unfortunately we can't compile and send it to Polo, they have to compile and set it up on their end.

Busoni is pretty busy with Poloniex's front end stuff...but I'm sure they'll figure it out soon
aragoon

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:16:31 AM

These things happen. I'm sure polo appreciate the value of XBC and will give it appropriate priority. Thanks for keeping us up to date even when it is not all good news. we can take it.  Wink
jiapetz

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:16:31 AM

Hey guys, quick update from mindfox and the admins:

Many of you are aware there's been a slight hiccup over at Poloniex.

Mindfox has addressed this with Busoni and has fixed it, so currently there should be no more issues on Poloniex's end and they should have the wallet ready to implement.

Furthermore, mindfox has put in fail-safes into the wallet protocol during this transitional period so that we can maintain a high level of network security as Poloniex gets ready to handle the transition.

Please do not deposit coins yet

There will be further announcements soon regarding the details of the swap, so for now, sit tight and watch the magic unfold Smiley

Thanks for your patience!
kidyubyub

Activity: 440

http://taas.fund

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:58:32 AM

Hey guys, quick update from mindfox and the admins:

Many of you are aware there's been a slight hiccup over at Poloniex.

Mindfox has addressed this with Busoni and has fixed it, so currently there should be no more issues on Poloniex's end and they should have the wallet ready to implement.

Furthermore, mindfox has put in fail-safes into the wallet protocol during this transitional period so that we can maintain a high level of network security as Poloniex gets ready to handle the transition.

There will be further announcements soon regarding the details of the swap, so for now, sit tight and watch the magic unfold Smiley

Thanks for your patience!

+1000!!!

██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████

T O K E N  -  A S  -  A  -  S E R V I C E

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████
aragoon

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 10:41:06 AM

+1000

Brand new POS coins and wallet and more. That is magic. Thanks.  Grin

I'm still holding and I know we are just about there. Final stages of waiting are always the worst.
Please take the transition phase carefully so we can avoid any hiccups. As I understand it, transition can be tricky and doesn't take long but I'd prefer to do it in a cool and relaxed way rather than have it rushed. Can't spoil the ship for a ha'purth of tar.  Wink

I'm off to get my spacesuit ready.  Grin

coin-swap

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:48:51 AM

XBC is listed at Coin-Swap.net

Markets
XBC/BTC
XBC/DOGE

Attention Miners: AUTO-SELL
Miners! We have an auto-sell feature so you can set your mining pool address to your order address at Coin-Swap. This will continue to add what you mine to a single order instead of having an order open for each deposit. You can change the price of your order without having to cancel and create a new order. Simply change the price!

Attention Pool operators: Easier order management
Want to offer your payouts in BTC? Want less headache managing your orders? Contact us for more information and special rates.

How to get started at Coin-Swap
Please read our Quick Start guide to help you get started!

Contact Us
If you have any problems or questions about setting up an order please feel free to contact us! coinswapnet at gmail.com or #coin-swap on Freenode.

Ian
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:13:25 PM

In case anyone was wondering, the coffee I bought with XBC was nothing short of amazing. I normally drink anything from Folger's to Starbucks to dunkin, this coffee was leagues ahead of them. I just wish I had more now Smiley
Bernd555

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:22:01 PM

I have transferred from my wallet coins in front of a half-day to Poloniex.
Unfortunately, my account have not yet been credited. I hope that will come ...
jiapetz

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:01:13 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 10:16:55 PM by jiapetz

I have transferred from my wallet coins in front of a half-day to Poloniex.
Unfortunately, my account have not yet been credited. I hope that will come ...

If you've made the deposit recently (in the last day or so) you may want to contact Polo staff, or hop on IRC (webchat.freenode.net, channel #XBC) and contact one of us directly.

Poloniex (and XBC admins) have the new wallet, whereas all other users have the old wallet on their desktop.

This was one of the concerns we had when moving forward...that people would try to deposit old coins into the new wallet on Poloniex (or a similar mix-up) and create potential for issues.

*note: I believe Poloniex staff still has control over the old wallet so there shouldn't be a problematic issue...simply a matter of confirming your "old coin balance" so that when we do the swap-over to the new coin/blockchain, you'll still get your same number back.
forcrypto

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 11:13:28 PM

nice new website!
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:45:11 PM

New site does look pretty good. I'm not sure if it's there and I missed it, but eventually you should put a little merchant section too ... right now I guess you have that coffee guy + apparel?
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:45:37 PM

New website is INCREDIBLE!  Cool

I am liking most of all the coin timeline, forums, website IRC chat & the charity drive!

Also the design is top notch professional work.

Very well done.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: