Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 676 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NA  (Read 893538 times)
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:21:23 PM

Hi all,

Work on the simulator is progressing great.
The initial version I made used "fake" difficulty values, it worked, but I found that it wasn't accurate enough.
So I've redone a lot of the code, and it's now using real/exact difficulty values: 256-bit unsigned integers, in the same way the satoshi client calculates difficulty.
This makes everything a bit more complicated, but will produce 100% accurate results.

The first releases of the simulator will be binary releases with a limited featureset, it will do default difficulty (bitcoin) and DGW3 and it will have one simulation: small hashrate waves.
Updates will include 'large hashrate waves' and 'jump pool' simulations, and ofcourse the first version of our custom made difficulty re-adjustment algorithm.

At one point the sources will be made available under an open-source license to everyone. If anyone is interested in helping out, please contact me. It's required to have some experience in Go (golang.org).

Cheers!

Great stuff, keep up the good work brobeans.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Svener

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:33:10 PM

You can be a Dutch citizen and not have a phone number in the Netherlands, most of my family and I don't own one since we leave outside of the Netherlands... So this coin is for Dutch citizens or for people owning a Dutch mobile?

1.7b that's a lot of coins for a country with 18mm people... Why this amount make more sense than 18mm for example? what's the rational behind it?

Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I'd like someone to explain it to me... :/

Personally as a Dutch citizen I would like this coin to be attached in some way to Dutch Innovations/inventions e.g. Dutch East India Company (the oldest share in the world), The Amsterdam Stock Exchange, Joseph de la Vega (the oldest book ever written on Trading)... even if it's just a Wallpaper!  

Can someone think about adding short selling to NLG since the Dutch were the first one to use/invent short selling I'd like to see an option to short sell this coin... I believe the practice is an essential part of the price discovery mechanism so I highly encourage someone to think about it!

For more Dutch inventions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dutch_inventions_and_discoveries

I like the community so I bought a few coins, I guess I'm patriotic like that Wink

i agree whit u from  an altcoin standpoint 1.7 billion coins is a lot

Then again 1.7 billion over 17 million people is not a lot at all

lets say 1 gld will be priced at the old ( 2.2 gulden per euro ) < lol i know but lets say

average person in holland urns ( min wage ) 1200 euro ( 2640 gulden per month after tax )
2640 x 17m  equals 44.880.000.000 coins per month needed if every one gets 2640 gulden per month Wink

so yea for an alt coin it might be considered a lot ( for a local economy its actually way to low )

now can one of u fill my buy order @ 387 over @ bitturex so i can finally get my hands on some gld Smiley

I see your point but there is 100,000,000 "GLD satoshis" in 1GLD so how many "GLD satoshis" in 1.7b coins? A lot...

I haven't seen the rate of generation graph, maybe someone could point me to a graph... e.g how many coins will there be in circulation in 3 years?

What is the rate of adoption in the Netherlands? How many people use it today? How many are projected to use it in 3 years?

How much "real" Guilders where in circulation by 2002?

I guess so far all I know is that the dev. used an arbitrary 1.7b of coins without any real economical, Historical or political reasons... and that anyone owning a Dutch mobile can get free coins...  

People in the Netherlands will not massively adopt this coin unless there is a story that make sense behind... and so far it make no sense to me

I believe it was to do with the population of the Netherlands * 100?

Which is more relevant then the 21 mil decided for bitcoin? Not sure if you know about Paysafegulden... this is a 1st for crypto so the coin is starting to bring out 1sts. The simulator the dev /GeertJohan is working on as mentioned above will be a first for Crypto currencies and I believe there is more projects from a user called openforbusiness that will make services for guldencoin that are crypto firsts.

So Dutch innovation seems to be well and alive here.

/GeertJohan

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:38:13 PM

Hi all,

The initial version I made used "fake" difficulty values, it worked, but I found that it wasn't accurate enough.
So I've redone a lot of the code, and it's now using real/exact difficulty values: 256-bit unsigned integers, in the same way the satoshi client calculates difficulty.
This makes everything a bit more complicated, but will produce 100% accurate results.

The first releases of the simulator will be binary releases with a limited featureset, it will do default difficulty (bitcoin) and DGW3 and it will have one simulation: small hashrate waves.
Updates will include 'large hashrate waves' and 'jump pool' simulations, and ofcourse the first version of our custom made difficulty re-adjustment algorithm.

At one point the sources will be made available under an open-source license to everyone. If anyone is interested in helping out, please contact me. It's required to have some experience in Go (golang.org).

Cheers!

GJ, What do you consider a small/large hashrate wave? What percentage of hashrate against the network hashrate? Just curious.

The simulation parameters might become configurable.. Right now I have the small wave hardcoded at a random value between 0% and 10% hashrate change (positive or negative, also random) per block, I think it's still to large but good for testing developing now. The final will probably have random between -+0-7 for the small waves, -+5-20 for large waves, and maybe even a -+20-50 for huge waves.
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:41:26 PM

Hi all,

Cheers!

GJ, What do you consider a small/large hashrate wave? What percentage of hashrate against the network hashrate? Just curious.

The simulation parameters might become configurable.. Right now I have the small wave hardcoded at a random value between 0% and 10% hashrate change (positive or negative, also random) per block, I think it's still to large but good for testing developing now. The final will probably have random between -+0-7 for the small waves, -+5-20 for large waves, and maybe even a -+20-50 for huge waves.

Thanks, GJ. Sounds good, and realistic. Cheesy

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
Halofire

Activity: 938

@halofirebtc

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 05:53:36 PM

By the way, a few weeks ago (Nov. 11 or 12), I had a hard drive that the heads crashed from a power surge, with 3k NLG on it. Main stash was stick saved eons ago so I'm not too concerned. I was playing around with solo mining in the days prior to the crash and is why I didn't get the chance to back up the solo wallet. Kind of ironic since I was the one who asked about sustainability, I'm still chuckling to myself about that. No worries about the coins, can't even provide an address, but they are gone forever.

Just a reminder to everyone, back up your wallet.dat files Smiley Smiley Smiley

OC Development - oZwWbQwz6LAkDLa2pHsEH8WSD2Y3LsTgFt
SMC Development - SgpYdoVz946nLBF2hF3PYCVQYnuYDeQTGu
Friendly reminder: Back up your wallet.dat files!!
cryptoconomist

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:03:48 PM

You can be a Dutch citizen and not have a phone number in the Netherlands, most of my family and I don't own one since we leave outside of the Netherlands... So this coin is for Dutch citizens or for people owning a Dutch mobile?

1.7b that's a lot of coins for a country with 18mm people... Why this amount make more sense than 18mm for example? what's the rational behind it?

Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I'd like someone to explain it to me... :/

Personally as a Dutch citizen I would like this coin to be attached in some way to Dutch Innovations/inventions e.g. Dutch East India Company (the oldest share in the world), The Amsterdam Stock Exchange, Joseph de la Vega (the oldest book ever written on Trading)... even if it's just a Wallpaper!  

Can someone think about adding short selling to NLG since the Dutch were the first one to use/invent short selling I'd like to see an option to short sell this coin... I believe the practice is an essential part of the price discovery mechanism so I highly encourage someone to think about it!

I like the community so I bought a few coins, I guess I'm patriotic like that Wink

lets say 1 gld will be priced at the old ( 2.2 gulden per euro ) < lol i know but lets say

average person in holland urns ( min wage ) 1200 euro ( 2640 gulden per month after tax )
2640 x 17m  equals 44.880.000.000 coins per month needed if every one gets 2640 gulden per month Wink

so yea for an alt coin it might be considered a lot ( for a local economy its actually way to low )

now can one of u fill my buy order @ 387 over @ bitturex so i can finally get my hands on some gld Smiley

I see your point but there is 100,000,000 "GLD satoshis" in 1GLD so how many "GLD satoshis" in 1.7b coins? A lot...

I haven't seen the rate of generation graph, maybe someone could point me to a graph... e.g how many coins will there be in circulation in 3 years?

What is the rate of adoption in the Netherlands? How many people use it today? How many are projected to use it in 3 years?

I guess so far all I know is that the dev. used an arbitrary 1.7b of coins without any real economical, Historical or political reasons... and that anyone owning a Dutch mobile can get free coins...  

People in the Netherlands will not massively adopt this coin unless there is a story that make sense behind... and so far it make no sense to me

Which is more relevant then the 21 mil decided for bitcoin? Not sure if you know about Paysafegulden... this is a 1st for crypto so the coin is starting to bring out 1sts. The simulator the dev /GeertJohan is working on as mentioned above will be a first for Crypto currencies and I believe there is more projects from a user called openforbusiness that will make services for guldencoin that are crypto firsts.

Actually 21mm was decided by "Satoshi Nakamoto" (maybe Arjen Lenstra) to mimic the supply of gold...

I think the OP should be clearer on the issue I put fwd

Best of luck to all
Wildwest

Activity: 1701
Merit: 314

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:18:12 PM

Actually 21mm was decided by "Satoshi Nakamoto" (maybe Arjen Lenstra) to mimic the supply of gold...

Best of luck to all

I don't see the correlation if you look at Gold supply or you talking about having a limited amount of coins because gold is limited?
It would be foolish to have too few coins, short term less is better but long term if you really want a thriving economy more is better, the main difference is the supply is predetermined where fiat supply isn't.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Jero

Activity: 638
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 06:19:17 PM

Best of luck to all

Someone had a nice theory about this... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.msg6975327#msg6975327  Grin

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
cryptoconomist

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:27:08 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 06:45:04 PM by cryptoconomist

Best of luck to all

Someone had a nice theory about this... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.msg6975327#msg6975327  Grin

Like it thanks...

Should be added to the OP
cryptoconomist

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:34:33 PM

Best of luck to all

I don't see the correlation if you look at Gold supply or you talking about having a limited amount of coins because gold is limited?
It would be foolish to have too few coins, short term less is better but long term if you really want a thriving economy more is better, the main difference is the supply is predetermined where fiat supply isn't.

More or less agreed... It's more to do with mining of coins and mining of Gold that the total supply but yes being limited and predictability is important. Also let's not forget that 1btc can be divided in smaller fraction so  one day we might talk about 1 staoshi like we talk about 1btc today.  

"if you really want a thriving economy more is better" -1 on that this sentence makes no sense

I strongly advice a visual graph of the supply of GLD against "theoretical" Dutch adoption in the OP

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:48:20 PM

@/GeertJohan, Great! Good to hear something from the devs.

One, f*cking big question: WHY?

NLG is not going down. Buy them now while they are cheap... this isn't your average scam-pump-and-dump coin.

Plus, if you really want to short NLG... ask the market places, not us.

I did explain why.... and I don't want to! I have never said that but it seems you can't read so

"I believe the practice is an essential part of the price discovery mechanism"

That is not an explanation; that is your personal belief (and maybe parroting what other people told you).  An explanation requires to explain what it does and HOW it helps the price discovery mechanism, backed by proof. Nothing of that was in your post.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:51:33 PM

I strongly advice a visual graph of the supply of GLD against "theoretical" Dutch adoption in the OP

So, what is holding you back to create such graph?

BTW, it's NLG, not GLD.
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 06:58:16 PM

Testing Biomike's Guldencoin CPU-mining software right now and it works like a charm. When implemented in the wallet and a lot of users later on, it gives some dedicated hashes extra. Great Biomike!
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:01:19 PM

Testing Biomike's Guldencoin CPU-mining software right now and it works like a charm. When implemented in the wallet and a lot of users later on, it gives some dedicated hashes extra. Great Biomike!

Thank you for testing. Great that it works good. Just a quick note to others (I haven't mentioned this project here), this is in very early beta stage.
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:05:02 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 07:44:00 PM by veertje

Hi all,

Cheers!

Good to hear! Any idea of a timeline?
cryptoconomist

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:50:12 PM

@/GeertJohan, Great! Good to hear something from the devs.

One, f*cking big question: WHY?

NLG is not going down. Buy them now while they are cheap... this isn't your average scam-pump-and-dump coin.

Plus, if you really want to short NLG... ask the market places, not us.

I did explain why.... and I don't want to! I have never said that but it seems you can't read so

"I believe the practice is an essential part of the price discovery mechanism"

That is not an explanation; that is your personal belief (and maybe parroting what other people told you).  An explanation requires to explain what it does and HOW it helps the price discovery mechanism, backed by proof. Nothing of that was in your post.

You know what they say if you ain't Dutch you ain't much... Short selling is Dutch therefore...

Well since it's a controversial topic you will find that there are many opinions on it. If you google I'm sure you will find more than enough articles/research data on short selling.

Iosco (the international college of securities regulators) says: “Short selling plays an important role in capital markets for a variety of reasons, including more efficient price discovery, mitigating price bubbles, increasing market liquidity, facilitating hedging and other risk management activities.”

Sorry about the GLD mistake...

veertje
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 07:59:11 PM

Welcome cryptoconomist. Smiley Maybe you want to join the forum also: https://forum.guldencoin.com/index.php. Most is publiced there first.
cryptoconomist

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:04:57 PM

So, what is holding you back to create such graph?

BTW, it's NLG, not GLD.

I'm not the dev behind this coin... I'm just suggesting! Take it or leave it.

But trust me the Dutch people won't buy a coin just because it is called Gulden!

The Dev need a story to tell and the story of having 1.7b coins without a theory behind and 100 gulden for Dutch Mobile owner is flawed. Unless you get Dutch Telecom to sponsor it Wink

That is only my view. I think this community is interesting so I'm pointing out ideas to hopefully make it better

Again take it or leave it!

I now own 5k Gulden that is how I will support this coin and it's community. If I see this coin going to the right direction I will buy more

Good luck to all

veertje
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:12:21 PM

I strongly advice a visual graph of the supply of NLG against "theoretical" Dutch adoption in the OP

Good idea! Rijk?
veertje
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:21:20 PM

But trust me the Dutch people won't buy a coin just because it is called Gulden!

Bigger projects are in the loom within 2 months  Wink See f.e. posts of LTEX and Openforbusiness.
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 676 »
  Print  

Jump to: