Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:23:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759175 times)
Ownski

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 02:52:06 PM

I told people holding this coin to sell at the peak. Now I'm going to recommend you liquidate your WC and just buy BC, it is about to rise and you don't want to be holding the bag of a silly imitator coin when you can be apart of it. We all know this coin was trying to ride the thunder of the first BC spike, and it worked. Now just admit there is much here, there is no multipool comparable to BC and lets work together. All of these color coin clones are fracturing our community and we could all be working together to improve PoS coins.

With due respect, we have a unique approach here at WhiteCoin that is working for us. We're a positive action oriented community, and we have a long term plan to see WhiteCoin operate as a unique force in cryptocurrency. We do want to work with BlackCoin, but I think trying to poach users based on price pumps is the wrong approach. I encourage you to check out the WhiteCoin Foundation Paper draft posted in the op (under news), it lays out how we're taking whitecoin to the next level.

WC is a long term investment for those who can see the potential of organized, inclusive group action.

Exactly, this is a long term investment. There are two ways of making money from cryptos. You can gamble on the exchanges for a quick buck but more than 90% will lose everything to whales. The other way is by investing and building up a coin. It may take longer to get your reward but its a safer way with a much higher pay off. So you have two choices, try to make a quick buck by forever chasing the train or build up a coin and gain valuable experience along the way.

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
bitaxed

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:29:06 PM

I told people holding this coin to sell at the peak. Now I'm going to recommend you liquidate your WC and just buy BC, it is about to rise and you don't want to be holding the bag of a silly imitator coin when you can be apart of it. We all know this coin was trying to ride the thunder of the first BC spike, and it worked. Now just admit there is much here, there is no multipool comparable to BC and lets work together. All of these color coin clones are fracturing our community and we could all be working together to improve PoS coins.

I have BCs in my portfolio. In my opinion BC rally is at end. It doubles from about 0.00015 to 0.00030. The 0.00033 peak was reached two times and now is going down (A double top is a reversal pattern). I hold some BCs because I could be wrong but I think it is risky to enter now. Less risky is buying tons of WCs @x00sat and pray the Mogonzo deity Wink (digital sacrifices are well accepted Grin).

birddog

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:10:46 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 04:51:34 PM by birddog

Advertising and marketing is a quite a large piece of the puzzle in regards to creating value in any given crypto-currency. The reality of Whitecoin is that we have established a great proof of stake coin that is in well working order and backed by an amazing community and team of talented individuals. We are at a stage now where we need to be proactive in reaching out to a broader audience. In order to create market growth, we need to attract new investors. In order to attract new investors, we need to broaden our audience spectrum and reach out to a variety of crypto-specific avenues.

WhitecoinJesus came up with the great idea of starting an ad campaign to advertise Whitecoin on popular crypto-currency sites such as coinmarketcap.com and cryptomoms.com. He was also kind enough to fund these advertisements with the money out of his own pocket. The ads have actually shown performance levels which are well above industry standards and boast some pretty impressive click-through rates. This has inspired us to to pursue this advertising venture further and we are currently working on getting these ads out to more crypto-currency specific websites.

If you have your own website and would like to support Whitecoin please feel free to copy/paste this gif onto your leaderboards  Grin

Ownski

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:30:16 PM

Advertising and marketing is a quite a large piece of the puzzle in regards to creating value in any given crypto-currency. The reality of Whitecoin is that we have established a great proof of stake coin that is in well working order and backed by an amazing community and team of talented individuals. We are at a stage now where we need to be proactive in reaching out to a broader audience. In order to create market growth, we need to attract new investors. In order to attract new investors, we need to broaden our audience spectrum and reach out to a variety of crypto-specific avenues.

WhitecoinJesus came up with the great idea of starting an ad campaign to advertise Whitecoin on popular crypto-currency sites such as coinmarketcap.com and cryptomoms.com. He was also kind enough to fund these advertisements with the money out of his own pocket. The ads have actually shown performance levels which are well above industry standards and boast some pretty impressive click-through rates. This has inspired us to to pursue this advertising venture further and we are currently working on getting these ads out to more crypto-currency specific websites.

If you have your own website and would like to support Whitecoin please feel free to copy/paste this gif onto your leaderboards  Grin

This! You nailed it perfectly. We have everything in place and now all that is left is marketing. The only thing we need to work on now is what kind of image we want to portray in our campaign that way its consistent across all venues.

malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:45:36 PM

This! You nailed it perfectly. We have everything in place and now all that is left is marketing. The only thing we need to work on now is what kind of image we want to portray in our campaign that way its consistent across all venues.

I love the adds, and the spirit behind them...I would donate to any cause to keep them up and to even expand them (at the right time).  I think it's a great idea...

I do think it's slightly premature because we are still forming our brand and our public image.  In order to maximize the effect of these promotions we need to have a first rate, full functioning website (WhiteCoin portal) to draw people into.  As it is now the people we do draw in are going to get a slightly dysfunctional and fractured look at a number of WhiteCoin outlets. 

I'm not trying to be overly critical, and I hope I'm not discouraging to the those that have put so much work into what we have (at their own expense.)   I would like to humbly suggest that we hold off on a broader advertising campaign and make the re-branding effort...job number one.

birddog

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:16:09 PM

Exactly. Once the logo competition is complete, we will really be able to move at full steam.

I love the adds, and the spirit behind them...I would donate to any cause to keep them up and to even expand them (at the right time).  I think it's a great idea...

I do think it's slightly premature because we are still forming our brand and our public image.  In order to maximize the effect of these promotions we need to have a first rate, full functioning website (WhiteCoin portal) to draw people into.  As it is now the people we do draw in are going to get a slightly dysfunctional and fractured look at a number of WhiteCoin outlets. 

I'm not trying to be overly critical, and I hope I'm not discouraging to the those that have put so much work into what we have (at their own expense.)   I would like to humbly suggest that we hold off on a broader advertising campaign and make the re-branding effort...job number one.

Malbee,

Our website is whitecoin.info

Cryptoseo is doing a fantastic job with it. It is highly functional and regularly updated. In my opinion, it is one of the better looking websites in the alt-coin space. We will work on sprucing up the look and feel of it when the logo competition is complete.

I absolutely agree with you in regards to being careful and making sure we create a consistent image, but the crypto community is restless and I don't think its ever too early/late to attract new investors and community members.

For now we will run the banner ads with the old logo as planned. We have something special in store for when the new logo is released  Wink
nhs6023

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:31:14 PM

Thank you for your advice It gave me quite a lot of ideas
Thank you again for
 Smiley
AcidSplash

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:31:27 PM

WC should put some effort in finding a new multipool that pays out in WC. Chunky just won't cut it. I could of had an extra 22,000 WC from mining if I manually controlled the conversion.

But no, Chunky pays out WC when it feels like it.

For days, my coins have been stuck in conversion. When will they pay out. Probably at the coins lowest price point.

Possible foul play involved? What if they just took my coins sold them at the high price point. Said that they sold them at the low price point and take the profit?

The reason why a normal multipool doesn't offer anything is because people don't want to take the extra step to convert the coins in to WC. They may just invest in to the flavor of the month coin instead of WC.

The purpose of the multipool is very simple. It's a shame I have to point out how a simple pool should work.

Miners are pointed to the multipool.
Multipool mines the most profitable coin.
Multipool converts the coins daily in to WC.

The miner now has available WC to withdraw and do as he pleases.
birddog

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:42:47 PM

WC should put some effort in finding a new multipool that pays out in WC. Chunky just won't cut it. I could of had an extra 22,000 WC from mining if I manually controlled the conversion.

For days, my coins have been stuck in conversion. When will they pay out. Probably at the coins lowest price point.

Possible foul play involved? What if they just took my coins sold them at the high price point. Said that they sold them at the low price point and take the profit?

The reason why a normal multipool doesn't offer anything is because people don't want to take the extra step to convert the coins in to WC. They may just invest in to the flavor of the month coin instead of WC.

The purpose of the multipool is very simple. It's a shame I have to point out how a simple pool should work.

Hey,

I can't address your issues with Chunky, but a lot of miners have said a lot of great things about the new multi pool CoinKing. They issued a WC payout just yesterday.
Ownski

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:47:24 PM

I am afraid of the same thing. Most pools pay out every 24 hours minimum. I haven't received a payout form chunky pools since Friday. It makes me wonder the same exact thing about when they sell the coins. When it takes 4 days to payout theres no telling whats going on and I too ask the same thing about foul play. I guess I'll know for sure when I get my next payout (if i ever get it at this point) I was also not able to withdrawal my mined coins in order to sell at a peak (I made a post about this earlier) This is a big issue which they seem to brush off. I've mined at chunky pools for a few weeks now and trust them but these last few days have had me concerned.

mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:49:33 PM

Talking to chunky now, there is a payment about to be processed and it should alleviate people's concerns.

I believe they're going to post an explanation of their own afterwards.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:53:29 PM

500 Mh/s  Script Asic Share Mining Proposal

Forward from Surfguy72:

Hey WhiteCoin Community!  I have a proposal here I’d like for you to check out.  After reading, I’ll be glad to answer your questions.  My intention with this proposal is to create a community shared mining setup.  Where we pull our resources together for our benefit and the benefit of the WhiteCoin Community.  Some of the details below are intentionally left a little vague; the reason?  This will be a sub community of miners that will function in a democratic sort of manner to an extent.  I look forward to your questions, and will edit this with FAQ's as they come up.  I've got a day job too, so PM me if you for sure want to get your answer from me, i'll do my best to monitor Smiley

Summary

I am an intermediate miner who has purchased 2 Viper Script ASICS now rated at 250 Mh/s each with power consumption maxing at 2500 Watts.  I have placed the deposit already of 30% of purchase price to reserve the order, and am now seeking investors to purchase the remaining 70% of purchase price and applicable taxes any shipping/handling charges.  In return, Investors will receive their respective proportion of hashing speed minus costs.   This hashing speed will be directed towards multipool(s) who will convert to WC from the most profitable script coins.
Operation
Alpha Technologies is due to ship product in July 2014.  Order number does play a part in shipping order, however, the time between the first shipment and the last on batch 1 will be within days of each other.  Upon confirmation of delivery, the tracking number will be provided to investors, the units will be installed and operational within 48 hrs, and investors will again be notified.  Investors will receive their share of earnings approximately 24 hrs after operation,  and approximately 2 to 4 days daily (dependent on multi-pool, or set script coins settings.)  Multiple pools will be set up in redundancy should there be a failover on one of them to ensure units are operational.
As the operator of the units and a mutual investor, the intention is to keep the units 100% running.  I will do everything in my power to keep down time minimal to none.  I have a contingency location that upon failure of the machines due to power, internet or the like, the units will be operational within a reasonable amount of time (12 to 24 hours.)  Contingencies and preparations have already been put in place for my personal mining farm of GPU’s such as upgraded power supply as well a second source of internet.

Roll out of operation

The intention of this project  is to stay exclusively within the WhiteCoin Community.  We work out a trusted party to monitor funds, hash rates etc. and mine on an auto-convert pool to WC.  Needless to say 500 Mh/s of community power converting other coins to WC could be powerful.  Then at a point determined by community we can switch to multipool, or only payout in BTC.  It would be community driven; meaning your number of shares will equal your number of votes.

Alpha Technologies(from website Alpha-T.net)

Alpha Technology is a technology firm based in the UK, located in Manchester, comprising of a team of experienced IT and engineering specialists. Bringing together our expertise and that of our partners, we provide hardware that is powerful, durable and cost-efficient to the cryptocurrency market.
The company was founded by Mohammed Mubasher Akram, a graduate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering whose goal was to provide innovative and specialised hardware to the cryptocurrency industry. He then gathered invaluable contacts, partnerships and designs and produced the first ASIC miners for all cryptocurrencies based on the Scrypt algorithm.
Regarding our upcoming Scrypt ASIC miner, Alpha Technology will be dealing with customer support, sales, marketing and distribution. Our partners Dexcel Designs will be providing the physical and technical engineering including the design and manufacturing of the devices.

Our Order

The order being offered to investors #7090 shown below with deposit paid.  Please note: Alpha T has made many updates regarding speed/effiency.  The original order was for 25Mh/s, this represents their fastest unit which has been most recently announced at 250 Mh/s.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
birddog

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:09:38 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

500 MH of dedicated Whitecoin support!?! This would be an amazing opportunity for Whitecoin.
mogonzo

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:19:12 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^

Count me in!

surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:36:26 PM

Should we only come up with half of the 70% needed, I can prolly work with Alpha - T to halve my order to 1 250 Mh/s script machine.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
GAZK

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:50:22 PM

I pulled my WC off of Mintpal about a week ago into my wallet and a larger transaction staked today =)

http://whitecoin.info/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Stake.png

Well I'm glad to see somebody stake. I had my old wallet open and waiting with coins for 14 days. Nothing. No stake.

So I grab some more WC, open a new wallet (old wallet had an very difficult passphrase that I grew tired of)... send lots of coins to the new wallet. And finally... 8 days later... still nothing.

WC staking seems to be a myth for me.
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:51:24 PM

I pulled my WC off of Mintpal about a week ago into my wallet and a larger transaction staked today =)

Well I'm glad to see somebody stake. I had my old wallet open and waiting with coins for 14 days. Nothing. No stake.

So I grab some more WC, open a new wallet (old wallet had an very difficult passphrase that I grew tired of)... send lots of coins to the new wallet. And finally... 8 days later... still nothing.

Mine staked...took about nine days I think...
mogonzo

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:55:26 PM

If your wallet is locked you won't be able to stake, mindfox can explain it better but you need to leave it unlocked for staking to work.

mogonzo

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:24:29 PM

Special Announcement from The WhiteCoin Foundation

We are pleased to announce our ops team roster to the community. We’ve been working hard on filling the first permanent positions of the WhiteCoin Foundation Operations team for the last two weeks. These are names many of you willl be familiar with already, as each and every one has singled themselves out as important individual forces in our community. Without further ado I’d like to introduce you to the senior members of the Operations Team:

Director of Operations: Oizopower

Description: The Director of Operations is responsible for the day to day workings of the foundation. They are the oil in the gears of our great talent machine. The Director of Operations is responsible for filling talent gaps, motivating the troops, and will serve as one of the key decision makers on the merit based rewards side. When a project requires additional support, the DoO is who you approach first. The DoO reports directly to The President.

When I drafted this description, it became immediately clear to me who I needed to tap. Oizopower has literally been that grease in our gears since the very beginning. His unyieldingly positive attitude, combined with a top notch work ethic makes him the perfect person for this job. Part developer, part community manager, part marketer and all parts leader, I have no doubt Oizopower will help drive us in a very innovative direction.

Chief Technology Officer: Mindfox

Description: The Chief Technology officer is responsible for coordination of overall development of WhiteCoin and all of its potential services. From Wallets to Bots, if it’s an official WhiteCoin Foundation Product, it doesn’t go out without our CTO’s personal approval. The Chief Technology Officer serves and reports directly to the Operations Team as a whole.

As I’ve said before, Mindfox has been our most devoted and key developer since WhiteCoin became community driven. He has toiled for countless hours developing new code for us, and testing the code of other developers. The reality is that Mindfox has been serving in this unofficial position since day 1, and it’s time for him to get his recognition. I couldn’t be more pleased to have such a talented and devoted developer at the helm of the Whitecoin Foundation Dev Team.

Director of Communications: birddog

Description: The Director of Communications serves as the chair of the Marketing Committee, and is responsible for the coordination and day to day operation of our public relations projects. The Direct of Communications would report directly to Operations Team as a whole.

Birddog has been setting the tone of our marketing for weeks now, his vision and singular creativity has been something we’ve all come to rely on. His dedication, skill, and humility make him the perfect DoC for the WhiteCoin Foundation. We need someone with the creativity to come up with new directions, as well as the humility to recognize when someone else has a great idea. It’s been clear to me for some time that birddog was our man here, and I couldn’t be happier to introduce him as director.

But that’s not all!

We have many more positions yet to be “officially” filled on the operations side. If you’d like to join our inclusive team, we’ll be happy to welcome you with open arms.

PR Team Opportunities: Join #wc-pr on freenode: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#wc-pr

Twitter Master: We’re looking for someone to take the helm of @whitecoiner, to help us mine our existing contents for tweet and to generate new content as needed.

2nd in Command: Birddog is hot on the lookout for a go to point person for PR, someone he can help to delegate tasks and who can assist in the coordination of our many existing PR projects.

Dev Team Opportunities: Join #wc-dev on freenode: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#wc-dev

Bot master: We’re looking for someone to help us with the creation of new IRC bots, as well as twitter and reddit bots.

And many more coming soon. If you’d like in on the foundation with a future, join us on IRC to chat live with our team.

Stay tuned for much more from the WhiteCoin foundation team, in the coming days we’ll be making announcements regarding: more filled positions in the ops team, promotional bounties, and the next wallet update!

Best Regards,

Chris Salsman
Acting President
The WhiteCoin Foundation

angryacorn

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:24:45 PM

Should we only come up with half of the 70% needed, I can prolly work with Alpha - T to halve my order to 1 250 Mh/s script machine.

thats one hell of a deal! just over 3grand for 500mh! im keen Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: