Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:24:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759171 times)
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:25:05 AM

I think many of us are concerned about how it will be launching WitheOutCoin do.
Any form of release that does not prioritize the current holders of WhiteCoin will be seen as a scam.

well the main ideas floating around is that there will be an IPO stage of release where you can buy WOC with WC prior to release, this is the main mechanism to prioritize WC holders

When you say "buy WOC with WC" are you saying WOC is a new coin for which during the IPO, current WC holders will be able to trade across, one-for-one a new WOC coin that does not exist on an exchange and thus has no trading value? Also, having evacuated a portion of the WC changes the supply-demand ratio on WC to the South. Who voted on this new coin? Do you know if there are a list of WC members that voted to have this done or is this the brain child of the DEV (not saying it is bad, yet) without any real investor involvement.

well yes WC will be able to be traded for WOC, I dont know if it will be a one-to-one trade off. And yes, like most if not all IPO releases you buy it at the set value, sometimes they're not listed on exchanges either.
The current concept from devs is that WC spent during IPO will not be evacuated but be used as funds for the foundation.

Personally i was never a fan of going anon, i dont think there was a vote but there was a general feeling (which i saw in this forum) of people wanting an anon feature which i think is hype based as opposed to utility based, but thats just what i see.

I can be sure on that it's not the brain child of the DEVs but was something that was mentioned by the community

yeah, this sounds like a good way to devalue the original coin and help fund a pre-IPO offering (conspiracy). what I find concerning is how all the investors that don't follow this thread are going to know about all the parameters in time to make an informed choice on if they should stay with the coin or go somewhere more stable and attractive. I don't like this idea and smells of mystery to be honest. There appears to be a bunch of geeks going off into chats rooms to make plans all other coins investors will need to follow or risk losing their current investment. Especially if we are not talking a one-for-one split --that is a real kick in the teeth if that happens. There is no way I am telling anyone to invest in something that is new and without stability. Too much risks and really should be taking baby steps here with the whole idea. Guess all we can to is watch our investment continue to dwindle as they are again right now --going back to 100 sat. 1 BTC trading volume and 1/4m market cap will shadow any registrations or future speculations. Thanks for the information as its really what I am after and my time is not always available to keep track of what is being change in this coin base. Much appreciated!

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:30:05 AM

I think many of us are concerned about how it will be launching WitheOutCoin do.
Any form of release that does not prioritize the current holders of WhiteCoin will be seen as a scam.

well the main ideas floating around is that there will be an IPO stage of release where you can buy WOC with WC prior to release, this is the main mechanism to prioritize WC holders

When you say "buy WOC with WC" are you saying WOC is a new coin for which during the IPO, current WC holders will be able to trade across, one-for-one a new WOC coin that does not exist on an exchange and thus has no trading value? Also, having evacuated a portion of the WC changes the supply-demand ratio on WC to the South. Who voted on this new coin? Do you know if there are a list of WC members that voted to have this done or is this the brain child of the DEV (not saying it is bad, yet) without any real investor involvement.

well yes WC will be able to be traded for WOC, I dont know if it will be a one-to-one trade off. And yes, like most if not all IPO releases you buy it at the set value, sometimes they're not listed on exchanges either.
The current concept from devs is that WC spent during IPO will not be evacuated but be used as funds for the foundation.

Personally i was never a fan of going anon, i dont think there was a vote but there was a general feeling (which i saw in this forum) of people wanting an anon feature which i think is hype based as opposed to utility based, but thats just what i see.

I can be sure on that it's not the brain child of the DEVs but was something that was mentioned by the community

yeah, this sounds like a good way to devalue the original coin and help fund a pre-IPO offering (conspiracy). what I find concerning is how all the investors that don't follow this thread are going to know about all the parameters in time to make an informed choice on if they should stay with the coin or go somewhere more stable and attractive. I don't like this idea and smells of mystery to be honest. There appears to be a bunch of geeks going off into chats rooms to make plans all other coins investors will need to follow or risk losing their current investment. Especially if we are not talking a one-for-one split --that is a real kick in the teeth if that happens. There is no way I am telling anyone to invest in something that is new and without stability. Too much risks and really should be taking baby steps here with the whole idea. Guess all we can to is watch our investment continue to dwindle as they are again right now --going back to 100 sat. 1 BTC trading volume and 1/4m market cap will shadow any registrations or future speculations. Thanks for the information as its really what I am after and my time is not always available to keep track of what is being change in this coin base. Much appreciated!

all good, there is no clarity and it makes sense you're wary. but yeah nothings been finalized. I'd be happy if WOC was scrapped as i dont really see the benefit of anon. What i do like about the coin is the work which is being done to legitimize the foundation and legitimize the coin itself and have business involved. For me this is where the value in WC really is.

If WOC does go ahead i'll still be on board because ultimately I believe that a team working towards a bad plan still works better than a pack of individuals working towards nothing.
vleroybrown

Activity: 1143
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:31:12 AM

Will this type of coin recycle be done completely in WC.. If not I think that needs to be a thing that limits the upward motion of the price of WC.

as far as i understand it will be done completely in WC, there was also talk of trying to get exchanges to have WC as a base coin. creating a market place where you can directly trade WC - WOC and then hopefully have other cryptos directly trade able to WC

I don't want to come off as rude, a troll or a pain in the ass, but based on the timeline presented, this is either been in the works for sometime or it will get launched without thinking through the ramifications to the entire coin and investor base. I will state again, it smells scamming without details that either don't exist or have not been thought through enough to pull this thing off. I have been burned on this coin from the start and this is not sitting very well with me or the folks in my camp. Not sure what your role is with WC, sounds like you are on the sides like the rest of us, getting this information a little at a time and ever changing. Seriously causes me a ton of angst and I would just as soon spin up some additional funds on crypt, cloak or razor now that VRC is doing well.
Would really love to get more behind this coin, but not hearing the right things yet, which sucks.

Slush fund headquarters.  25% moves are sketchy as fuck I'd say.. How about something real for a change
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:50:36 AM

all good, there is no clarity and it makes sense you're wary. but yeah nothings been finalized. I'd be happy if WOC was scrapped as i dont really see the benefit of anon. What i do like about the coin is the work which is being done to legitimize the foundation and legitimize the coin itself and have business involved. For me this is where the value in WC really is.

If WOC does go ahead i'll still be on board because ultimately I believe that a team working towards a bad plan still works better than a pack of individuals working towards nothing.
[/quote]

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:16:56 AM

Does this "new" coin have a pre-mine? What are the technicals? I have nothing in front of me saying anything about this new coin. Just hype of market. Unless this can be traded one-for-one and has the same mint count, I doubt seriously I will bring anything new and will rethink selling before the price gets to low again. Too many other coins doing well and not going backwards. I have a feeling there is still a potential 51% out there that is making this coin a little weak in the knees.  I smell a moose.

malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:45:05 AM

Does this "new" coin have a pre-mine? What are the technicals? I have nothing in front of me saying anything about this new coin. Just hype of market. Unless this can be traded one-for-one and has the same mint count, I doubt seriously I will bring anything new and will rethink selling before the price gets to low again. Too many other coins doing well and not going backwards. I have a feeling there is still a potential 51% out there that is making this coin a little weak in the knees.  I smell a moose.

What is this your 10th post in about an hour...it seems like you are getting more and more worked up on your own spin.  This whole thread on the "new Coin" was started by me as a fun way to talk about what we would like a new coin to look like.  No specifics have been announced and nothing has been decided.  If you look at the unofficial "pre-ann" you will see that we are in a community discussion time right now.  If you have ideas on how you would like a new coin to look...please offer them.  If you don't have any fresh ideas, then at least wait till someone in here does, and discuss that.   
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:04:11 AM

What is this your 10th post in about an hour...it seems like you are getting more and more worked up on your own spin.  This whole thread on the "new Coin" was started by me as a fun way to talk about what we would like a new coin to look like.  No specifics have been announced and nothing has been decided.  If you look at the unofficial "pre-ann" you will see that we are in a community discussion time right now.  If you have ideas on how you would like a new coin to look...please offer them.  If you don't have any fresh ideas, then at least wait till someone in here does, and discuss that.   

Fresh ideas? Um no. I am an investor or did you not gather that from all my post. I invest in coin and expect a return. Again, I am not a community member, dev or spin doctor. I put my money in the coin and expect a return. Based on how I see things going with this coin, I may have to pull the plug. Not seeing this as a good fit for me or anyone else in my camp. Especially since you are now stating these are idea floating around, yet you are publishing schedules for release of the coin on the information page with the release. All I see are folks spouting how great the coin is (which is fine) but no meat on the bone brother. You want some big money, you are going to need to be more transparent with the larger portion of investors, even if there are not within the top two on the rich list --do you feel me? There are 200+ other shit coins out there. Put up or shut up.

delphs

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:09:31 AM

Fresh ideas? Um no. I am an investor or did you not gather that from all my post. I invest in coin and expect a return. Again, I am not a community member, dev or spin doctor. I put my money in the coin and expect a return. Based on how I see things going with this coin, I may have to pull the plug. Not seeing this as a good fit for me or anyone else in my camp. Especially since you are now stating these are idea floating around, yet you are publishing schedules for release of the coin on the information page with the release. All I see are folks spouting how great the coin is (which is fine) but no meat on the bone brother. You want some big money, you are going to need to be more transparent with the larger portion of investors, even if there are not within the top two on the rich list --do you feel me? There are 200+ other shit coins out there. Put up or shut up.

Investor?? you do understand the word's definition includes something called "long term"... stopped acting like a 15 year old that wants to make a quick buck and let this Foundation do it's job so your damn investment can grow!

BTC: 1JB4Gq82DM3WUsdkU3TPzU2haFbxCJgJss / WC: WT8gbDPdQUcjDq6gWg9N7w3q4AazUAy3g7 / WDC: WkzvC4YVC3nCzDW9BhFLtWk7YJhtgXQR6G / Addie: delphs Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397706.0
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:33:06 AM

Investor?? you do understand the word's definition includes something called "long term"... stopped acting like a 15 year old that wants to make a quick buck and let this Foundation do it's job so your damn investment can grow!

My point exactly. If this coin doesn't pick up volume, it will not be around "long term". Not the way I would run a business. Stop being a cheerleader and start providing the answers to my previous questions. That is where people get a little spooked. Just being real with what I hear on the streets. Ignore it and thank I am trying to troll the coin or take what I am saying to heart. The community wants input, there it is. Don;t get bitter because I am asking questions as the normal Joe. I have motive, yes, to make money --this is what I do and do it long term on safe and stable investments.

A better approach in the anon functionality would be to pause on that idea of a new coin and focus on growing the business first, as it appears is being done. All this anon hype is hype and if you are not a P&D, why the hell would you be worried about not having it? Think long term as you suggested.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 05:30:35 AM

costas/mindfox is acting strange. lets see if he delivers

CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 08:25:31 AM

http://cryptocopyright.com/first-cryptocurrency-partnership-awarded/  
This is great news for Whitecoin, I hope the theme WhiteOutcoin estropeee not so hard-won.

http://cryptocopyright.com/first-cryptocurrency-partnership-awarded/ This is
great news for Whitecoin, I hope the theme WhiteOutcoin not spoil what hard-won.
Translator ... xdd

Cut Copy Paste from their announcement:

First CryptoCurrency Partnership Awarded

Shair.com is today announces that CryptoCopyright has selected its first Patent Pending Decentralized Digital community network partnership with WhiteCoin and The WhiteCoin Foundation.

Privately funded and in the process of going mainstream with their service offerings, CryptoCopyright has been investigating partnerships with various Crypto Currencies for the past 4 months. Evaluating their integrity while carefully considering the currency’s investors, community, and core team members shared goals & values towards future developments. WhiteCoin has been selected to secure the commercial support of CCR, making this a truly unique commercial/community partnership in the CryptoCurrency marketplace.

“After months of due diligence, we are excited to announce our selection partner for our Patent Pending Decentralized Digital Timestamping service. Together with the WhiteCoin Foundation and the greater WhiteCoin community, for many compelling reasons.  Having shown extreme dedication to altering the way in which the altcoin market has traditionally been (pump & dump), WC has overcome extreme adversities to emerge as one of the strongest and most resilient altcoins publicly available in the market today.” – Jason Arnold, COO

CryptoCopyright is redefining the way businesses can build sustainable and profitable partnerships, with substantial community supported networks. While available to everyone, WhiteCoin is driven by a dedicated community of supporters yet controlled by no one single individual. This attractive combination will help ensure stability, growth, and compelling technological developments.

About Shair.com

Shair.com is a privately held Canadian company with online holdings such as DandyID, Claim.io, UAW Pro, MyArticleExpress and a multitude of various diverse, online publishing properties.  Shair.com produces creative works for some of the largest private and public companies which service retail and corporate clients throughout the world.  Creative works include articles, blog posts, social profiles, social messaging and website builder content.  Annual creative content creation services exceeded 100,000,000 articles written and distributed to public community publishers, private site owners and small to large businesses around the globe.  With the addition of CryptoCopyright services, Shair.com’s partners and customers can take comfort in knowing their creative works will be protected according to their specific requirements such as Copyright or Creative Commons protection for all digital works, through its Distributed Digital Trusted Timestamping services. – http://CryptoCopyright.com

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 09:05:18 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 09:23:47 AM by CryptoSEO

My point exactly. If this coin doesn't pick up volume, it will not be around "long term". Not the way I would run a business. Stop being a cheerleader and start providing the answers to my previous questions. That is where people get a little spooked. Just being real with what I hear on the streets. Ignore it and thank I am trying to troll the coin or take what I am saying to heart. The community wants input, there it is. Don;t get bitter because I am asking questions as the normal Joe. I have motive, yes, to make money --this is what I do and do it long term on safe and stable investments.

A better approach in the anon functionality would be to pause on that idea of a new coin and focus on growing the business first, as it appears is being done. All this anon hype is hype and if you are not a P&D, why the hell would you be worried about not having it? Think long term as you suggested.

Not sure why Volume is such a big focus, there is supply and demand and it looks quite stable imo.

Thinking longterm, perhaps if we change our thinking from "ANON" to "PRIVACY", it might make more sense why this is a discussion that is important for all of Crypto, not just WhiteCoin....

With Net Neutrality being an ongoing concern, running through TOR is potentially a pretty easy way to over come ISP issues that could arise in the future.  With this being said, a "Privacy" feature to overcome oppression in some form needs to be implemented.  This could be from a single coin (protecting the blockchain / security = priority) or a sister coin (needs to be clearly consulted and not rushed) in either case, the community would need to be patient with progress, participate and decide what is in the best interest for businesses, government, freedom and the right to use cryptocurrency without ISP's blocking access.

I am in WC longterm therefore I have no issue with taking a slow and steady approach to privacy controls...

As we move away from being "just another coin" into a Canadian Foundation, the WhiteCoin community now has partnerships with private businesses/investors from outside of "crypto" and with these types of partnerships, investments and their support, also make them a part of the WhiteCoin ecosystem therefore need to be taken into consideration in our communities decision making processes/thoughts.

<<edit>>
PS: The longer it stays at these prices, the happier I am, I continue to collect WC from staking, mining and purchasing which to me, are very attractive entry points for current (if you want to average down, increase holdings) or new investors that want to participate with WC/WCF in its growth to new levels.  With this being said, my comments are NOT to "Pump the price up", as I previously said, these prices, the stability and growth of WC/WCF make me very happy  Smiley

Khelgaar

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:02:34 AM

For some days now (a lot actually) an effort has been made to create many localized versions of our wallet.

By cutting and pasting, we were able to create some content, but we need your help.

Anyone who wants to assist in translation of the wallet, please visit and register an account (free) here:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whitecoin/

Also, I would like to apologize for my long absence from here and the irc, but make sure that I am watching the irc (in here it's very difficult as my browser at home crashes on me all the time and I need to re-format - but don't have the time to do that right now Smiley )

I will do my best to get more time for new features for WC, but I can always use your ideas.
But, original ideas, not copy/paste from other coin ideas. Let's try to be original Smiley

i do not mean to rush things, but is there any news on a new wallet? is there progress in the implementation of other languages​​?  Wink
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 10:32:47 AM

For some days now (a lot actually) an effort has been made to create many localized versions of our wallet.

By cutting and pasting, we were able to create some content, but we need your help.

Anyone who wants to assist in translation of the wallet, please visit and register an account (free) here:

Also, I would like to apologize for my long absence from here and the irc, but make sure that I am watching the irc (in here it's very difficult as my browser at home crashes on me all the time and I need to re-format - but don't have the time to do that right now Smiley )

I will do my best to get more time for new features for WC, but I can always use your ideas.
But, original ideas, not copy/paste from other coin ideas. Let's try to be original Smiley

i do not mean to rush things, but is there any news on a new wallet? is there progress in the implementation of other languages​​?  Wink

Great question, I haven't been in touch for a couple of days (family, friends etc.), I do know that it is being actively worked on, from within IRC... I recall that Czech and Dutch were being worked on in IRC and that there were other potential languages in discussion, but I only saw this in passing.  Not sure that  https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whitecoin/ was being used by either the Dutch or Czech translators.  I do know that they are aiming for release sometime next week but as to the extent of which additional languages will be supported, I am not certain.

Not sure if Mogonzo or Oizopower are able to update the community today, they too might be enjoying weekend festivities, so it might have to wait till early next week for an update.

Troubled

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:59:30 AM

lollercaust

I love the subtle FUD being spread here. This devteam looks like one of the few honest ones, and they actually respond to community desires. But there are some accounts here linked to other coins trying to make it seem like there is a scam in play.

Go back to your scammy pump groups. They'd probably love to have you back over where you came from  Grin

Like I'm supposed to believe whoever created whitenotright is a community member?
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:08:45 PM

http://cryptocopyright.com/first-cryptocurrency-partnership-awarded/  
This is great news for Whitecoin, I hope the theme WhiteOutcoin estropeee not so hard-won.

http://cryptocopyright.com/first-cryptocurrency-partnership-awarded/ This is
great news for Whitecoin, I hope the theme WhiteOutcoin not spoil what hard-won.
Translator ... xdd

Cut Copy Paste from their announcement:

First CryptoCurrency Partnership Awarded

Shair.com is today announces that CryptoCopyright has selected its first Patent Pending Decentralized Digital community network partnership with WhiteCoin and The WhiteCoin Foundation.

Privately funded and in the process of going mainstream with their service offerings, CryptoCopyright has been investigating partnerships with various Crypto Currencies for the past 4 months. Evaluating their integrity while carefully considering the currency’s investors, community, and core team members shared goals & values towards future developments. WhiteCoin has been selected to secure the commercial support of CCR, making this a truly unique commercial/community partnership in the CryptoCurrency marketplace.

“After months of due diligence, we are excited to announce our selection partner for our Patent Pending Decentralized Digital Timestamping service. Together with the WhiteCoin Foundation and the greater WhiteCoin community, for many compelling reasons.  Having shown extreme dedication to altering the way in which the altcoin market has traditionally been (pump & dump), WC has overcome extreme adversities to emerge as one of the strongest and most resilient altcoins publicly available in the market today.” – Jason Arnold, COO

CryptoCopyright is redefining the way businesses can build sustainable and profitable partnerships, with substantial community supported networks. While available to everyone, WhiteCoin is driven by a dedicated community of supporters yet controlled by no one single individual. This attractive combination will help ensure stability, growth, and compelling technological developments.

About Shair.com

Shair.com is a privately held Canadian company with online holdings such as DandyID, Claim.io, UAW Pro, MyArticleExpress and a multitude of various diverse, online publishing properties.  Shair.com produces creative works for some of the largest private and public companies which service retail and corporate clients throughout the world.  Creative works include articles, blog posts, social profiles, social messaging and website builder content.  Annual creative content creation services exceeded 100,000,000 articles written and distributed to public community publishers, private site owners and small to large businesses around the globe.  With the addition of CryptoCopyright services, Shair.com’s partners and customers can take comfort in knowing their creative works will be protected according to their specific requirements such as Copyright or Creative Commons protection for all digital works, through its Distributed Digital Trusted Timestamping services. – http://CryptoCopyright.com

This is great for us..!
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:04:12 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 03:18:03 PM by WhiteNotWright

lollercaust

I love the subtle FUD being spread here. This devteam looks like one of the few honest ones, and they actually respond to community desires. But there are some accounts here linked to other coins trying to make it seem like there is a scam in play.

Go back to your scammy pump groups. They'd probably love to have you back over where you came from  Grin

Like I'm supposed to believe whoever created whitenotright is a community member?

Actually, I am all for this coin. If you go back and read my history you will see this is true. With that said, I do not have my blinders on and honestly want to know the facts on this coin before going too far in. Honestly, I own over a million right now (a very small amount) and should this tank, I could care less. I am not spreading fud, that is not ethical. I am asking questions and waiting for answers and get conflicting information. One post has me thinking this new WOC is a new coin that is being minted and ready for launch and another post indicates this is just being spit-balled. This spreads uncertainty and I hope you can understand and appreciate my concerns. As far as community, that is a wonderful thing, however I will need to abstain from "the club", yet would like to understand more about how that club operates in selection of committee and voting. Case in point, if WOC is approved, where is the data that would provide a record of who voted for the new coin and how it is to be implemented. Because I am not within that circle, I certainly understand I would have no right to approve or disapprove any project. However, as an investor, I would be concerned about the strategy being used to grow market share. Sorry if I offended any of the community members, that is not my intent.

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:14:28 PM

As we move away from being "just another coin" into a Canadian Foundation, the WhiteCoin community now has partnerships with private businesses/investors from outside of "crypto" and with these types of partnerships, investments and their support, also make them a part of the WhiteCoin ecosystem therefore need to be taken into consideration in our communities decision making processes/thoughts.

i would be interested in knowing what is being consider for WC in the "currency space" as it relates to Canada. The time for conformations is currently too slow for any real point-of-sale peer-to-peer system. If you are thinking back-room or gyft type cards, people would just as soon use bitcoin. Again, I am not technical (but learning) and seems to me unless you can speed up those confirmations, this coin will have issues "as a currency". This is where I would support the new coin, but again would have to be the same mint count or lower and be a one-for-one exchange with the old coin being removed. Maybe there is another way, but this seems to be the only way to get into a new coin with better features without freaking all the investors out.

handsomemember

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:21:41 PM

I don't know, buddy
Khelgaar

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:10:04 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 11:15:30 PM by Khelgaar

i do not mean to rush things, but is there any news on a new wallet? is there progress in the implementation of other languages​​?  Wink

Great question, I haven't been in touch for a couple of days (family, friends etc.), I do know that it is being actively worked on, from within IRC... I recall that Czech and Dutch were being worked on in IRC and that there were other potential languages in discussion, but I only saw this in passing.  Not sure that  https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whitecoin/ was being used by either the Dutch or Czech translators.  I do know that they are aiming for release sometime next week but as to the extent of which additional languages will be supported, I am not certain.

Not sure if Mogonzo or Oizopower are able to update the community today, they too might be enjoying weekend festivities, so it might have to wait till early next week for an update.

Thanks for answering CryptoSEO, I know work is in progress, cause I was there translating to Serbian language. Finished that yesterday but other languages need work to be done. I was posting this question as a reminder about that and if someone from this thread can help translating, feel free to join at https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whitecoin/ and speed things up.  Wink
Mindfox and Oizopower are maintainers of the WhiteCoin project at Transifex.

Hopefully good news about release of new logo wallet will be out soon and if mindfox can implement some other new features as well, that would be great   Roll Eyes

Fresh ideas? Um no. I am an investor ....

Investor?? you do understand the word's definition includes something called "long term".....

My point exactly. If this coin doesn't pick up volume, it will not be around "long term"......

Not sure why Volume is such a big focus, there is supply and demand and it looks quite stable imo.

Thinking longterm, perhaps if we change our thinking from "ANON" to "PRIVACY", it might make more sense why this is a discussion that is important for all of Crypto, not just WhiteCoin....

With Net Neutrality being an ongoing concern, running through TOR is potentially a pretty easy way to over come ISP issues that could arise in the future.  With this being said, a "Privacy" feature to overcome oppression in some form needs to be implemented.  This could be from a single coin (protecting the blockchain / security = priority) or a sister coin (needs to be clearly consulted and not rushed) in either case, the community would need to be patient with progress, participate and decide what is in the best interest for businesses, government, freedom and the right to use cryptocurrency without ISP's blocking access.

I am in WC longterm therefore I have no issue with taking a slow and steady approach to privacy controls...

<<edit>>
PS: The longer it stays at these prices, the happier I am, I continue to collect WC from staking, mining and purchasing which to me, are very attractive entry points for current (if you want to average down, increase holdings) or new investors that want to participate with WC/WCF in its growth to new levels.  With this being said, my comments are NOT to "Pump the price up", as I previously said, these prices, the stability and growth of WC/WCF make me very happy  Smiley

Here I have to agree with WhiteNotWright about the volume and the value of WhiteCoin and would make a question does anyone know how much should be the value of WhiteCoin at some point? Is it 5000 or 900 Satoshi as it was the first day of release in the Mintpal exchange? Or is it the amount of 127 Satoshi, as is currently worth in Mintpal exchange as I`m typing this? I'm not sure anyone could answer that ...
If we look at Doge and it`s prices, from February till today, I`d say that everyone of us is currently buying at very high prices   Tongue. Of course it`s not the same number of coins and I compere it just for price purposes but still we need to do something to prevent price going down  Wink

Something I`m sure is that WhiteCoin is not currently interesting, not only to large investors but also daytraders too. Any private businesses/investors from outside of "crypto" will first look at the value of WhiteCoin at market cap and how much are people interesting in trading WC for some other goods that private businesses/investors from outside of "crypto" would provide. If we wanna do so, we have to push volume up by providing better services to people. And by that I`m thinking about improving our WhiteCoin pool. I`m refering to number of miners and hash power that we need as blood in our veins  Smiley I just looked at BC pool and my heart almost stopped because I saw number of workers they have. There is 3530 workers at that moment compering with 112 at Whitecoin pool  Shocked Many times in this thread I mentioned that we need profitable&strong pool and Whitecoin pool is`t that pool wright now or any other, accept maybe HashCows but questionable how many workers are payed in WhiteCoin. I was mining at whitecoin pool for weeks since troubles get started with WC, giving support when was crisis, but after crisis over nothing really happened in way of improving whitecoin pool. Even today imho it is toooooo slow. Don`t know what is the problem with that and why it takes so much time? We all know what will happen when increase hash power on whitecoin pool. Buy pressure going up  Tongue If whitecoin pool have better profit algo, more transparency on site (news, active IRC/twitter, more active thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637591.msg7113099#msg7113099), active devs etc. I would gladly come back and mine there  Wink

Past few days or weeks all talking about anon, void, privacy... WOC, but can`t even keep constant 500Mh power at whitecoin pool  Huh

Now Hiring!

%50 of Chunky's profits will be reserved for this project, with an even split between the development/support and marketing side.

#chunky-dev on freenode<-------- Developers and TroubleShooters

#wc-pr on freenode <------------ Forum warriors, Community managers, and PR experts

#chunkytraders on freenode<----- Traders

Any news about this? Is someone hired so far? What are next steps in improving pool?

Mogonzo, maybe I`m wrong on topic, but can you speak with mculp and see what is there to be done. With all do respect for what you and WCF team have done so far for this coin and community, my opinion is to first strengthen the value of WhiteCoin and than talk about WOC. In that way we`ll have strong foundation for another coin. Maybe I`m all wrong, but hay, I`m in crypto world since January this year so I`m still newbie  Smiley

don`t take this as fudding  Wink

Cheers
B.

Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: