Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:23:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 [556] 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759171 times)
vleroybrown

Activity: 1144
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:40:31 PM

A special Announcement from The WhiteCoin Foundation

It's time.

By popular demand, we will be implementing User Privacy Protection Features provided by The WhiteCoin Foundation.

You can consider this the "Pre-Pre-Ann". This has taken a great deal of research and effort on our parts to prepare. We were wanting to get our ducks in a row first to make that big splash, but it's been made clear to us that the community needs an update.

We are pleased to inform you of our next big step as a community:

WhiteOutCoin

Wallet theft, hacks, and worse are unfortunately common in crypto. Just as with real world currencies, there will always be pickpockets looking to steal your hard earned coins. In an age of failed "anonymous coins" that rely upon central points of failure, WhiteOutCoin will provide users with the protection they're actually looking for: privacy in the crowd.

WhiteOutCoin will serve as a companion coin to WhiteCoin, and WC will be the only entry vehicle for WOC for the first month. That's right, to buy WhiteOutCoin in the early stages, you'll need to be a holder of WhiteCoin Prime.

So how will this work?

In the coming days, you'll see us ramp up towards creating a new BCT Pre-Ann thread once our new websites are ready. In this early stage of development, anything is still open to discussion, from total coin count to the algo used for mining.

We invite you to join us in an ongoing discussion in #whitecoinfoundation on freenode: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#WhiteCoinFoundation

Currently our plan is create WhiteOutCoin with a very low total coin count, and an IPO premine where users will only be able to buy in early using WhiteCoin.

I believe this will help drive up volume and interest in our efforts. With WhiteOutCoin on the way, and the WCF en route to engaging with the mainstream media, much higher prices and volume is only a matter of time.

Timeline & Roadmap

June 25th-29th: Commmunity discussion and planning
June 30th - July 3rd: Target window for Pre-Ann thread and website launches
July 5th - 8th: Target window for the launch of our IPO and official Ann thread
July 25th - 31st: Target window for launch of WhiteOutCoin

So what's the point/destiny of the original WC? To wander into a corner and die? What will keep people on the original WC? People will be selling their stashes to buy WOC, crashing WC price and flooding the market with WC. When you have two versions of one product, one will do better than the other.

I agree and how does the trading work in the new coin when it's not on the exchange? So you get a one for one exchange in the fist month to a coin not listed, then that coin fails and you have no coins on the WC to go back to and basically have the "poof they are gone" episode. I cannot wait to see the charter in the pre-anon and watch the dump of coins. Think I will just pull back a little and see what happens.

I personally am investing more in WC so no "withering & dieing" from my point of view, especially when you see IRL business investing in WC, that makes me smile Smiley

Has the old doge died yet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:49:37 PM

It's time.

By popular demand, we will be implementing User Privacy Protection Features provided by The WhiteCoin Foundation.

You can consider this the "Pre-Pre-Ann". This has taken a great deal of research and effort on our parts to prepare. We were wanting to get our ducks in a row first to make that big splash, but it's been made clear to us that the community needs an update.

WhiteOutCoin

Wallet theft, hacks, and worse are unfortunately common in crypto. Just as with real world currencies, there will always be pickpockets looking to steal your hard earned coins. In an age of failed "anonymous coins" that rely upon central points of failure, WhiteOutCoin will provide users with the protection they're actually looking for: privacy in the crowd.

WhiteOutCoin will serve as a companion coin to WhiteCoin, and WC will be the only entry vehicle for WOC for the first month. That's right, to buy WhiteOutCoin in the early stages, you'll need to be a holder of WhiteCoin Prime.

So how will this work?

In the coming days, you'll see us ramp up towards creating a new BCT Pre-Ann thread once our new websites are ready. In this early stage of development, anything is still open to discussion, from total coin count to the algo used for mining.

We invite you to join us in an ongoing discussion in #whitecoinfoundation on freenode: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#WhiteCoinFoundation

Currently our plan is create WhiteOutCoin with a very low total coin count, and an IPO premine where users will only be able to buy in early using WhiteCoin.

I believe this will help drive up volume and interest in our efforts. With WhiteOutCoin on the way, and the WCF en route to engaging with the mainstream media, much higher prices and volume is only a matter of time.

Timeline & Roadmap

So what's the point/destiny of the original WC? To wander into a corner and die? What will keep people on the original WC? People will be selling their stashes to buy WOC, crashing WC price and flooding the market with WC. When you have two versions of one product, one will do better than the other.

I agree and how does the trading work in the new coin when it's not on the exchange? So you get a one for one exchange in the fist month to a coin not listed, then that coin fails and you have no coins on the WC to go back to and basically have the "poof they are gone" episode. I cannot wait to see the charter in the pre-anon and watch the dump of coins. Think I will just pull back a little and see what happens.

I personally am investing more in WC so no "withering & dieing" from my point of view, especially when you see IRL business investing in WC, that makes me smile Smiley

Unfortunately your answer has no substance. It's just a statement of what "you" are doing and has little relevance to the state of the coin, which at this point looks to have lost 80% of the trading volume in just 24-hours.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:53:50 PM

It's time.

WhiteOutCoin

So how will this work?

Timeline & Roadmap

Unfortunately your answer has no substance. It's just a statement of what "you" are doing and has little relevance to the state of the coin, which at this point looks to have lost 80% of the trading volume in just 24-hours.

Also if you are trying to bum a ride.. I have enough gas to go to 2500 sat..
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:00:23 AM

I think many of us are concerned about how it will be launching WitheOutCoin do.
Any form of release that does not prioritize the current holders of WhiteCoin will be seen as a scam.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:00:47 AM

[/quote]

Not sure what you are implying, I however am asking serious questions as an investor about that state of this coin.

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:07:18 AM

Not sure what you are implying, I however am asking serious questions as an investor about that state of this coin.
knock it out of the park man..
[/quote]

Thanks. Making an educated guess you are a three year old based on your language and are in no way associated to WC other than a fanboy?

Troll on bleeder. Let the big boy's work with the big volume and the big coin.

CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 12:27:58 AM

It's time.

WhiteOutCoin

So how will this work?

Timeline & Roadmap

Erm what do you mean no substance, guess you have missed all the recent news, developments, updates, foundation, discussions, activity and more... Whats the state of the coin?

- The WhiteCoin Foundation officially forming in Canada
- Great Dev Team (Mindfox is the CTO of WhiteCoin Foundation after all  Shocked)
- Improvements to Multipool (increase hashrate, stability and new coins to mine  Smiley)
- Business investing in WC & the Community (did you miss this  Roll Eyes)
- Discussions on Privacy Features
- Discussions on Void
- Wallet update coming
and more...

WC/WCF is where my support is and will continue to be for the longterm as the achievements from going from a shitty rippoff dev to a foundation for the community with so much activity, im sleep easy at night in WC knowing that the people whom are a part of WC, know and see the values that the Community hold are not for short term gains rather longterm growth and expansion of services, partnerships, gov't involvement in addition to innovations through 3rd party support.

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:29:21 AM

knock it out of the park man..

Thanks. Making an educated guess you are a three year old based on your language and are in no way associated to WC other than a fanboy?

Troll on bleeder. Let the big boy's work with the big volume and the big coin.

[/quote]

Don't judge me.. I love this coin
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:40:58 AM

I was replying to another in the thread that basically answered my query on the WOC with "I am buying more", that was the reference to the substance statement in the proper context. Like he stated as well, I am a believer in this coin and have large holding and and have read through all the marketing on the progress. I am not someone that is going to get behind this coin fully or start to promote without knowing more about the new WOC clone of the clone. The answers I have yet to receive are those I have posted in a previous thread (feel free to click back) but in summary why do we need another coin for anon why not build it to current, 2) The question regarding the exchange and coin being diluted and 3) WOC is not even voted on any exchange.

blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:44:31 AM

I think many of us are concerned about how it will be launching WitheOutCoin do.
Any form of release that does not prioritize the current holders of WhiteCoin will be seen as a scam.

well the main ideas floating around is that there will be an IPO stage of release where you can buy WOC with WC prior to release, this is the main mechanism to prioritize WC holders
vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:45:57 AM

well the main ideas floating around is that there will be an IPO stage of release where you can buy WOC with WC prior to release, this is the main mechanism to prioritize WC holders

Will this type of coin recycle be done completely in WC.. If not I think that needs to be a thing that limits the upward motion of the price of WC.
blitzkitten

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:49:29 AM

I was replying to another in the thread that basically answered my query on the WOC with "I am buying more", that was the reference to the substance statement in the proper context. Like he stated as well, I am a believer in this coin and have large holding and and have read through all the marketing on the progress. I am not someone that is going to get behind this coin fully or start to promote without knowing more about the new WOC clone of the clone. The answers I have yet to receive are those I have posted in a previous thread (feel free to click back) but in summary why do we need another coin for anon why not build it to current, 2) The question regarding the exchange and coin being diluted and 3) WOC is not even voted on any exchange.

for 1. it was stated earlier that it would be easier and have the potential for less issues to create WOC instead of implementing anon into the current coin.
2. i'm not sure about coin dilution, my personal opinion on the release was to have the IPO purchased coins be burned to reduce the over all market cap, but that idea was not enthusiastically accepted.
3. WOC was only confirmed that it was only going to happen about 4 days ago and the release date is the end of next month, so it's early days and it's just not at that point of development

hope thats useful
blitzkitten

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:51:32 AM

Will this type of coin recycle be done completely in WC.. If not I think that needs to be a thing that limits the upward motion of the price of WC.

as far as i understand it will be done completely in WC, there was also talk of trying to get exchanges to have WC as a base coin. creating a market place where you can directly trade WC - WOC and then hopefully have other cryptos directly trade able to WC
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:53:52 AM

When you say "buy WOC with WC" are you saying WOC is a new coin for which during the IPO, current WC holders will be able to trade across, one-for-one a new WOC coin that does not exist on an exchange and thus has no trading value? Also, having evacuated a portion of the WC changes the supply-demand ratio on WC to the South. Who voted on this new coin? Do you know if there are a list of WC members that voted to have this done or is this the brain child of the DEV (not saying it is bad, yet) without any real investor involvement.

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:59:24 AM

as far as i understand it will be done completely in WC, there was also talk of trying to get exchanges to have WC as a base coin. creating a market place where you can directly trade WC - WOC and then hopefully have other cryptos directly trade able to WC

I don't want to come off as rude, a troll or a pain in the ass, but based on the timeline presented, this is either been in the works for sometime or it will get launched without thinking through the ramifications to the entire coin and investor base. I will state again, it smells scamming without details that either don't exist or have not been thought through enough to pull this thing off. I have been burned on this coin from the start and this is not sitting very well with me or the folks in my camp. Not sure what your role is with WC, sounds like you are on the sides like the rest of us, getting this information a little at a time and ever changing. Seriously causes me a ton of angst and I would just as soon spin up some additional funds on crypt, cloak or razor now that VRC is doing well.
Would really love to get more behind this coin, but not hearing the right things yet, which sucks.

tevayo

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:04:22 AM

http://cryptocopyright.com/first-cryptocurrency-partnership-awarded/   
This is great news for Whitecoin, I hope the theme WhiteOutcoin estropeee not so hard-won.
rocketcoins

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:05:25 AM

I've been having some unfortunate internet connection issues today, so probably won't be on IRC tonight.

But I just wanted to inform everyone that we're planning to do a live scrum with mindfox once we can nail the scheduling down, hopefully in the next two days and we'll provide ample notice.

Thanks for everything whitecoiners!

Any update on the live scrum? date,time
tevayo

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:05:47 AM

http://cryptocopyright.com/first-cryptocurrency-partnership-awarded/   
This is great news for Whitecoin, I hope the theme WhiteOutcoin estropeee not so hard-won.

http://cryptocopyright.com/first-cryptocurrency-partnership-awarded/ This is
great news for Whitecoin, I hope the theme WhiteOutcoin not spoil what hard-won.
Translator ... xdd
blitzkitten

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:11:33 AM

When you say "buy WOC with WC" are you saying WOC is a new coin for which during the IPO, current WC holders will be able to trade across, one-for-one a new WOC coin that does not exist on an exchange and thus has no trading value? Also, having evacuated a portion of the WC changes the supply-demand ratio on WC to the South. Who voted on this new coin? Do you know if there are a list of WC members that voted to have this done or is this the brain child of the DEV (not saying it is bad, yet) without any real investor involvement.

well yes WC will be able to be traded for WOC, I dont know if it will be a one-to-one trade off. And yes, like most if not all IPO releases you buy it at the set value, sometimes they're not listed on exchanges either.
The current concept from devs is that WC spent during IPO will not be evacuated but be used as funds for the foundation.

Personally i was never a fan of going anon, i dont think there was a vote but there was a general feeling (which i saw in this forum) of people wanting an anon feature which i think is hype based as opposed to utility based, but thats just what i see.

I can be sure on that it's not the brain child of the DEVs but was something that was mentioned by the community
blitzkitten

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:16:40 AM

I don't want to come off as rude, a troll or a pain in the ass, but based on the timeline presented, this is either been in the works for sometime or it will get launched without thinking through the ramifications to the entire coin and investor base. I will state again, it smells scamming without details that either don't exist or have not been thought through enough to pull this thing off. I have been burned on this coin from the start and this is not sitting very well with me or the folks in my camp. Not sure what your role is with WC, sounds like you are on the sides like the rest of us, getting this information a little at a time and ever changing. Seriously causes me a ton of angst and I would just as soon spin up some additional funds on crypt, cloak or razor now that VRC is doing well.
Would really love to get more behind this coin, but not hearing the right things yet, which sucks.

You're alright man, i know how you feel there isn't a great flow of information on this front but I think that's down to Devs energy being put more towards the registration of the foundation and marketing.
The real world developments seem to be the priority rather than development of the coins architecture. I'm hopeful that we will have better clarification of the future soon too, it was stated in a recent post by the devs that this period is the discussion period for the future of the coin, probably a big part of why nothing has been laid in stone yet.

and yes I am on the sidelines, i have been reading all the posts and trying to keep informed as well as suggesting what i think we should do. So yeah if you've got any ideas on what you want WC to be then get them out there Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 [556] 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: