Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:38:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358873 times)
jommy99

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

PND DevTeam

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2015, 12:15:29 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2015, 12:49:11 PM by jommy99

1. don't panic
2. take a deep breath
3. do what jommy said:

Remember to backup the (corrupted) wallet just in case.
Then place one of your backups in said directory and rename it wallet.dat

backups will take some 100 transactions before going out of sync, so you're probably good with your latest backup.

Anyway don't panic, if you have your backups, you're 99% fine.

Thank YOU jommy and mtrycz. It might be working. It appears to be automatically syncing in classic mode. Thank YOU more than mere words can express.
No problem, man

The moment you said you had backups I knew you were golden. It's not like you had an ssd failure or something xD

I do not know exactly how to put this, and I hope it doesn't confuse anyone, but I had a helluva time winning this battle. But, with your help, somehow I prevailed. I got everything where it belonged in the folder yet it was still all chingered up. I even downloaded the 3.0.2.0 again. Nothing. I did indeed have everything right in the %appdata% folder, but I had renamed my backup data "wallet.dat" ~ I remember noticing that when I downloaded the new 3.0.2 it only had "wallet" listed. I took off the .dat from my backup and it just all popped into place. I do not exactly get it. I don't have to. I got my wallet back. It's a true testimonial to THIS GREAT COMMUNITY and how necessary it is to backup, backup, backup. And I also learned, when or if you ever change your encrypted password, that all the backups with the old password will be rendered useless. You may know all of this, I realize. But, if a rookie like me can do this, ANYONE can do it. OMG and a half. I just HAS to be a sign of good things to come, damnit!
Happy to hear you are back in business with your Pandacoin Bank and Balances!  I am guessing your file explorer view settings are the windows default and don't show file extensions for known file types (I forget about this since I change it right away so I always see my file type extensions like .dat  .txt etc). Your wallet.dat was most likely wallet.dat without the .dat showing then you renamed it wallet.dat.dat which looked to you as wallet.dat, I don't know why they default to hiding such a key bit of information.  If you were not able to get that to work there is also the final option to run your Pandacoin Bank / Wallet with a command line parameter -salvagewallet to extract your Private key from a problem wallet.dat

♝ Pandacoin    ♝ Earn Pandacoin ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Seeking Dev Team Help ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Android Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joori

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

Just an average guy with an average job!

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:05:44 PM

1. don't panic
2. take a deep breath
3. do what jommy said:

backups will take some 100 transactions before going out of sync, so you're probably good with your latest backup.

Thank YOU jommy and mtrycz. It might be working. It appears to be automatically syncing in classic mode. Thank YOU more than mere words can express.
No problem, man

The moment you said you had backups I knew you were golden. It's not like you had an ssd failure or something xD

I do not know exactly how to put this, and I hope it doesn't confuse anyone, but I had a helluva time winning this battle. But, with your help, somehow I prevailed. I got everything where it belonged in the folder yet it was still all chingered up. I even downloaded the 3.0.2.0 again. Nothing. I did indeed have everything right in the %appdata% folder, but I had renamed my backup data "wallet.dat" ~ I remember noticing that when I downloaded the new 3.0.2 it only had "wallet" listed. I took off the .dat from my backup and it just all popped into place. I do not exactly get it. I don't have to. I got my wallet back. It's a true testimonial to THIS GREAT COMMUNITY and how necessary it is to backup, backup, backup. And I also learned, when or if you ever change your encrypted password, that all the backups with the old password will be rendered useless. You may know all of this, I realize. But, if a rookie like me can do this, ANYONE can do it. OMG and a half. I just HAS to be a sign of good things to come, damnit!
Happy to hear you are back in business with your Pandacoin Bank and Balances!  I am guessing your file explorer view settings are the windows default and don't show file extensions for known file types (I forget about this since I change it right away so I always see my file type extensions like .dat  .txt etc). Your wallet.dat was most likely wallet.dat without the .dat showing then you renamed it wallet.dat.dat which looked to you as wallet.dat, I don't know why they default to hiding such a key bit of information.  If you were not able to get that to work there is also the final option to run your Pandacoin Bank / Wallet with a command line parameter -salvagewallet to extract your Private key from a problem wallet.dat

Because MS can be gay like that... They like assuming that everyone is an idiot and don't know what file extensions are. I too turn mine back on and anyone else that i install their windows OS for them.
Arnab biswas

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 01:10:21 PM

i will apreciate it only if it works on android too......

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼ No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼ █████████████████ ███████████████ sec◔nds trade █████████████████ ███████████████ ↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓[/ url]
Pelgoran98

Activity: 328

It'd be nice.

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:11:02 PM

1. don't panic
2. take a deep breath
3. do what jommy said:

No problem, man

Well, I am the idiot they are aiming for, I guess. Somehow, I just figured out that's what it must've been. It's good to know this information. Thank you, EVERYONE for taking me under your wings. Truly, I could never have done this without you.
mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:14:47 PM

Are you not obsessed?

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 02:20:37 PM

Are you not obsessed?

LOMFL!! Thee Perfect Point! 
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 05:45:35 PM

Would love to wear this

Nice looking T-shirt , panda is spreading love everywhere.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 06:30:14 PM

Help w/ wallet, downloaded 3.0.2 and I have one shitty(intermittent) connection to the network, thousands of blocks wont download......?!?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
mtrycz

View Profile
February 04, 2015, 09:32:42 PM

Help w/ wallet, downloaded 3.0.2 and I have one shitty(intermittent) connection to the network, thousands of blocks wont download......?!?
Is it traditional or hybrid mode?

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:50:39 AM

Is it traditional or hybrid mode?

Hybrid

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
mtrycz

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 01:13:55 PM

I had this too, and deleting peers.dat helped me solve this.
You can do it directly from the UI now.
Options -> Advanced -> Reset Peers.

cadexn

Activity: 350

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 03:39:40 PM

I had this too, and deleting peers.dat helped me solve this.
You can do it directly from the UI now.
Options -> Advanced -> Reset Peers.

If that doesn't work, your best bet is to delete the pandacoin folder (EXCEPT wallet.dat. IMPORTANT!) and re-run the client to let it redownload the blockchain
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:45:23 PM

Just http://www.buypnd.com/ 'd a bunch. Rockin' price, Jommy!! Thanks, Brother.    Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin
ozzke

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:09:29 AM

Pandacoin launches pndproject.com: a dedicated crowdsourcing platform!

What’s the best way to show how awesome Pandacoin is? To help speed up the development process and help community members to develop and execute their idea’s we’re launching PNDproject.com our dedicated crowdsourcing platform.

Do you have a great idea for a Pandacoin related project but you lack the skills or the financial means? Make a proposition for a useful and interesting project and if it’s approved by the developers, it will be added to the platform. The best place to brainstorm about this is http://www.pandacointalk.com/   . We will be asking PhiPhi, the owner of the forum, to add a dedicated PNDproject subforum where you can pitch potential projects and decide as a community which ones will be valuable. The developers have a veto right which can be used for ridiculous projects like sponsoring a nascar car for example.

More projects will obviously be added in the future, currently we just added the community chest since that's an ongoing project.

Visit our crowdsourcing platform at http://www.pndproject.com/explore/

http://pandacoinpnd.org/pandacoin-launches-pndproject-com-a-dedicated-crowdsourcing-platform/

donacid

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:16:05 AM

What’s the best way to show how awesome Pandacoin is? To help speed up the development process and help community members to develop and execute their idea’s we’re launching PNDproject.com our dedicated crowdsourcing platform.

Do you have a great idea for a Pandacoin related project but you lack the skills or the financial means? Make a proposition for a useful and interesting project and if it’s approved by the developers, it will be added to the platform. The best place to brainstorm about this is http://www.pandacointalk.com/   . We will be asking PhiPhi, the owner of the forum, to add a dedicated PNDproject subforum where you can pitch potential projects and decide as a community which ones will be valuable. The developers have a veto right which can be used for ridiculous projects like sponsoring a nascar car for example.

More projects will obviously be added in the future, currently we just added the community chest since that's an ongoing project.

http://pandacoinpnd.org/pandacoin-launches-pndproject-com-a-dedicated-crowdsourcing-platform/

SOOOO FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
cadexn

Activity: 350

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:31:54 AM

wohoo!
rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 11:08:02 AM

Great job! It looks awesome.

Tomski

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 11:51:35 AM

Wow very nice!
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 02:40:17 PM

Wow very nice!

Couldn't be more proud and happy!! Tremendous idea and accomplishment. Thank YOU.
dicksausage

Activity: 220

PND IS LOVE PND IS LIFE

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:47:23 PM

How do you get a community project listed?

PND IS BEST COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LOVE
PND IS ONLY COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LIFE
Pages: « 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: