Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:07:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
Bombardier

Activity: 588
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:16:33 PM

MAID delisted on trex. Any response form MAID team to that?

i think they didn't do much because of the low trading volume

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:27:06 AM

This is.. embarrassing.

ders_a

Activity: 298
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 08:24:29 AM

That what guy is writing in other room (IGNIS)

"as i wrote on irc right after the phone call with bittrex was finished,
and after a week or two of a process of passing their legal due-diligence and mutually signing a listing contract afterwards which made me think it's all over,
they told me (a nice girl who didn't seem to know anything about the project) that they don't allow pre-sale tokens, but only tokens that are actually used over the running promised platform. as such they'll happily list us once the tokens are used. they also delist maidsafe at the same opportunity, which is another omni token, and the omni foundation is trying to negotiate with both bittrex and additional exchanges.
that's all today's news, no more, no less."

that text may be useful to see who can be next to delist

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 10:08:29 AM

This is.. embarrassing.

and after a week or two of a process of passing their legal due-diligence and mutually signing a listing contract afterwards which made me think it's all over,
they told me (a nice girl who didn't seem to know anything about the project) that they don't allow pre-sale tokens, but only tokens that are actually used over the running promised platform. as such they'll happily list us once the tokens are used. they also delist maidsafe at the same opportunity, which is another omni token, and the omni foundation is trying to negotiate with both bittrex and additional exchanges.

The MAID scam-token should have never been listed in the first place.  It's obviously just a way to take money from clueless noobs who think there is actually a MAID product.

Every exchange that listed MAID is going to have a bad time as regulators crack down on the illegal and unethical sale of vaporware shitcoins.

Quick, everyone cry about how Bittrex must have a sad life to be trolling and posting such FUD!  Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
SweetHodler

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:37:12 AM

we are never ever ever, going back up. project is dead. im out.
bitabit

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:47:51 AM

we are never ever ever, going back up. project is dead. im out.

Wait, I haven’t finished selling my maid tokens yet.
bitabit

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:56:31 AM

This is.. embarrassing.

The MAID scam-token should have never been listed in the first place.  It's obviously just a way to take money from clueless noobs who think there is actually a MAID product.

Every exchange that listed MAID is going to have a bad time as regulators crack down on the illegal and unethical sale of vaporware shitcoins.

Quick, everyone cry about how Bittrex must have a sad life to be trolling and posting such FUD!  Grin

2018 will be the year when the government will go after ICO scams, and the first step is to go after US based exchanges that support those scams.  My coins in Bittrex are locked as they require ID etc, so I cannot move my coins out.  Therefore I am selling my account to a non US citizen with all my coins in there.  But on the positive side of government meddling, it will be much more difficult for new ICOs to scam people because the tokens will be harder to sell with no exchanges.  As a result of it, decentralized exchanges like Counterparty, Omni and Bisq will get a boost as the Scam coins will mostly be traded there.  So don’t worry, Maidsafe will still be around in the next 10 to 20 years maybe trading between 1 and 2 satoshis.
zoom2aditya

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:42:23 AM

With or without bittrex, i am going to hold my maid stash. This looks more like a compliance problem than the doubts about future of maidsafe.
galio_ico

Activity: 190

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:15:49 PM

didn't expect the project was so old, but got so little attention from people ( ANN topic is not that exalted)
til it'll be delisted on bittrex.
I though this coin will be dead, but after some research, it still being listed on so much exchange so holders don't have to worry so much
but they should take notice and transfer coin to other exchanges.

ShonkJonk

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:41:40 PM

Was going to log in every year to see where Maidsafe got to, then decided to slack them an additional year, given their laggard past.

So, since my last post in 2016, myself being an early "investor" and holder at one time, let's see how their promises to recreate the entire internet as a safe, token-backed experience is faring after more than a dozen years in development.

Let's see .. no product released, no routing solution, still talking about tests, a token that's as vaporous as the project it rests with.

Trading check: volume dropped significantly, a recent major exchange delisting citing concerns about the non-utility of the token to the project (i.e., there isn't a product released and this thing is no better than a whitepaper bedroom startup. I mean it should be better - you have guys here who are for-real programmers and creators, thinkers; but in evidence, this is operating in a manner becoming a scam).

I go over to the Safe forums ... same conversations about speedy development (men are most vain about the thing that troubles them the most), stretch goals, incredible development towards stated goals, more discussions, closing in on objectives, robust strong team, an expanding team, a team that recently have been doing better and better, 'getting the word out,' getting that messaging happening, process, diligence, meetings, roundtable discussions, roadmaps, little ants ...

Long ago I'd jacked the lot and went into coins now in the top ten. They got there by releasing products that work, that solve a problem in the here-and-now. That can be linked into an economical model (crucial for adoption).

P.s., At the time of writing Maidsafe is now a shade outside the top 100 behind stuff like Nxt and Reddcoin - not to dis these coins but to ask by way of comparison: Did Maidsafer's ever think they'd be slumped so low and hearing the same promises over and over from planet Troon in 2018? There's a SAFE DevCon coming in April. Aspiring developers for these promises are all welcome. I won't be seeing you there.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 12:47:47 AM

So, since my last post in 2016, myself being an early "investor" and holder at one time, let's see how their promises to recreate the entire internet as a safe, token-backed experience is faring after more than a dozen years in development.

Let's see .. no product released, no routing solution, still talking about tests, a token that's as vaporous as the project it rests with.

Trading check: volume dropped significantly, a recent major exchange delisting citing concerns about the non-utility of the token to the project (i.e., there isn't a product released and this thing is no better than a whitepaper bedroom startup. I mean it should be better - you have guys here who are for-real programmers and creators, thinkers; but in evidence, this is operating in a manner becoming a scam).

I go over to the Safe forums ... same conversations about speedy development (men are most vain about the thing that troubles them the most), stretch goals, incredible development towards stated goals, more discussions, closing in on objectives, robust strong team, an expanding team, a team that recently have been doing better and better, 'getting the word out,' getting that messaging happening, process, diligence, meetings, roundtable discussions, roadmaps, little ants ...

Great post.  Very useful list of red flags everyone should be on the lookout for.

The parallels to Dash Evolution are overwhelming!  So much scope creep, so little regard for the dangers of "we're going to save the world" hubris and the Curse of Xanadu.

IT WAS THE most radical computer dream of the hacker era. Ted Nelson's Xanadu project was supposed to be the universal, democratic hypertext library that would help human life evolve into an entirely new form. Instead, it sucked Nelson and his intrepid band of true believers into what became the longest-running vaporware project in the history of computing - a 30-year saga of rabid prototyping and heart-slashing despair. The amazing epic tragedy.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ShonkJonk

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:33:19 AM

iCEBREAKER, a genuinely interesting article - thank you for that link.

To everyone else, GL to you! And your Maidsafes.

I'II be checking back sometime 2020 for the final release. 
bitabit

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:32:07 AM

I am actually quite amazed that Maidsafe is still ranked among the top 200 altcoins.  Every weekly update is bad news and causes the coin to fall in price until some speculators pump it back up for a period.
I am also amazed about the tenacity of the devs.  All IT geeks assure me that the Maid project is not feasible, and here you still get some people to work on a project that may never see the day of light.  Do they really believe in it?  Or are they just happy to get a job?
alexvilis

Activity: 588
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:08:25 AM

MaidSafeCoin and Exchanges

Yesterday we were informed that Bittrex are going to be delisting MaidSafeCoin. The suddenness of the news, which takes effect on the 9th of March came as a surprise. The rapidly changing regulatory landscape in the US (where Bittrex are based) is evidenced with the SEC taking a greater interest and more proactive approach in cryptocurrencies. While we can’t say too much about the process that led to the decision (as we had been asked to sign NDAs) the reason provided was MaidSafeCoin’s current lack of utility on the SAFE Network. https://medium.com/@maidsafe/maidsafecoin-and-exchanges-51920453724d
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 09:26:55 AM

Yesterday we were informed that Bittrex are going to be delisting MaidSafeCoin. The suddenness of the news, which takes effect on the 9th of March came as a surprise. The rapidly changing regulatory landscape in the US (where Bittrex are based) is evidenced with the SEC taking a greater interest and more proactive approach in cryptocurrencies. While we can’t say too much about the process that led to the decision (as we had been asked to sign NDAs) the reason provided was MaidSafeCoin’s current lack of utility on the SAFE Network. https://medium.com/@maidsafe/maidsafecoin-and-exchanges-51920453724d

Not the best news for MAID. It is a little surprising that Bittrex still lists MANY coins that don't have a live network yet.
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:33:54 AM

Not the best news for MAID. It is a little surprising that Bittrex still lists MANY coins that don't have a live network yet.

MaidSafe has a live network. It's called Alpha 2. Community created a CMS. Quite nice.

https://safenetforum.org/t/safe-cms-censorship-is-a-thing-of-the-past/20419/118

About Bittrex: currently over 1 million usd volume on HitBTC and Polo. Can't be bothered by the Bittrex news. It's a regulative thing with an overactive US government. You know, the folks that allowed NINJA loans to people without an income. Guess they know what they're doing  Roll Eyes
ders_a

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 12:12:39 PM

If that is really about compliance - Polo may do the same. I hope somebody will speak with Binance and any other bigger nonUS based exchange

TheDeepestCoin

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:05:22 PM

With or without bittrex, i am going to hold my maid stash. This looks more like a compliance problem than the doubts about future of maidsafe.
At least they have a roadmap. Its a big project and impossible to deliver within a short time.
TheDeepestCoin

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:07:47 PM

If that is really about compliance - Polo may do the same. I hope somebody will speak with Binance and any other bigger nonUS based exchange
Maid is tradable on Openledger. DEX is the future. CEX are doomed.
Foerster

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:41:18 PM

1. Is it correct that for each Maid transaction the user faces literally transaction cost of a whole BTC transaction since they chose to implement their placeholder token on Omni?
2. Is this true also for decentralized exchanges where one may trade MAIS token?
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: