Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:45:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet  (Read 579343 times)
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:44:56 PM

Most people prob invested because they thought they can sell for 2-3x higher right after the ipo closes.

Yeah, I don't think that's going to work out so well for them, for a long time yet.

more or less retired.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:45:31 PM

Most people prob invested because they thought they can sell for 2-3x higher right after the ipo closes.

I hope they all get screwed for trying to invest in yet another shitcoin.  It blows my mind that this shit just made 3 million dollars for doing basically nothing.

They did make a very nice webpage and video. So, you know. Skillzzzz. EDIT: To pay the billzzzz.

more or less retired.
ibcrypto

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:46:29 PM

Thank you for the response's.

I did email info@maidsafe.net and someone said that I should be fine with the Hive Wallet but that does not make sense.  According to the Google Doc: (slide 17 - see link below).  It says:

"Add the private key for the address that contains your MaidSafeCoins by clicking on “Import Address/Private Key”, and then selecting “Private Key”."

I'm pretty sure this mean you need the actual string of your private key.  While the IPO WebSite does say you need "Control" or your keys they do not decipher that you need the actual key.  I had not idea that Hive does not allow you to import/export but I did not it was contained on my computer.  

This sucks because the email from MaidSafe email says not to worrie but the MasterCoin doc seem to indicate that you need to know your key and since I do not then it will not work.

https://docs.google.com/a/maidsafe.net/presentation/d/1zhrtkCY1R5HnoB719Xp16bNTaqXuJKGjNYOPktKAbCw/edit?pli=1#slide=id.g2726e6bdb_4856

They should have specified which wallets are compatiable.

This begs the question on when we will start seeing multi-coin wallets.

Thank You
jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:52:51 PM

I hope they all get screwed for trying to invest in yet another shitcoin.  It blows my mind that this shit just made 3 million dollars for doing basically nothing.

3 million? They made 12 million with this IPO
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:53:19 PM

This thread could be used as evidence to prove Mark Karpeles or his subordinates still have access to all those BTC and that Maidsafe could be indicted along with them.

If you're to make a case, you need to provide all the steps to proving the point; I can't see the source, proving that address is MtGox. As noted above, anyone can tag Blockchain address wrongly.
yes,isnt?

The challenge is suggesting this address is MtGox : https://blockchain.info/es/address/1Drt3c8pSdrkyjuBiwVcSSixZwQtMZ3Tew
I'm not trying to prove that it isn't. The challenger must provide their evidence, it's not for others to prove the negative.

Although I don't know what the heck this thread is about, I found it via the 1Drt3... address I personally linked to Mt Gox while tracking the missing coins. Just about nailed it I believe. Too bad I can't figure out how InstaWallet washed my 1,132 BTC though.
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:55:57 PM

I hope they all get screwed for trying to invest in yet another shitcoin.  It blows my mind that this shit just made 3 million dollars for doing basically nothing.

They did make a very nice webpage and video. So, you know. Skillzzzz. EDIT: To pay the billzzzz.

MaidSafe - Autonomous Network White Paper
AutonomousNetwork
https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe/wiki/unpublished_papers/AutonomousNetwork.pdf?raw=true6

MaidSafe - Distributed File System White Paper
https://github.com/maidsafe/MaidSafe/wiki/unpublished_papers/MaidSafeDistributedFileSystem.pdf?raw=true
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:58:02 PM

This thread could be used as evidence to prove Mark Karpeles or his subordinates still have access to all those BTC and that Maidsafe could be indicted along with them.

If you're to make a case, you need to provide all the steps to proving the point; I can't see the source, proving that address is MtGox. As noted above, anyone can tag Blockchain address wrongly.
yes,isnt?

The challenge is suggesting this address is MtGox : https://blockchain.info/es/address/1Drt3c8pSdrkyjuBiwVcSSixZwQtMZ3Tew
I'm not trying to prove that it isn't. The challenger must provide their evidence, it's not for others to prove the negative.

Although I don't know what the heck this thread is about, I found it via the 1Drt3... address I personally linked to Mt Gox while tracking the missing coins. Just about nailed it I believe. Too bad I can't figure out how InstaWallet washed my 1,132 BTC though.

Damn, looks like I've done this before:

Mark Karpeles has been skimming Mt Gox for a while now, putting BTC into 1Drt3c8pSdrkyjuBiwVcSSixZwQtMZ3Tew: https://blockchain.info/address/1BSbX5aH6Kfur5eaHgjvjwG4Voww4FBmT6

If Mark is still in Japan, is there anyway to get his passport revoked so that he can't leave the country?
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:59:38 PM

I hope they all get screwed for trying to invest in yet another shitcoin.  It blows my mind that this shit just made 3 million dollars for doing basically nothing.

Sorry, I was just going based of the 7k BTC amount that keeps getting posted.  I have no intention of actually looking in depth into yet another shitcoin.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
theFork

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:59:55 PM

Stolen bitcoins are GONE, and the only way you'll get them back is through the kindness of a stranger who feels sorry for you.

So all this nonsense about where the MSAFE coins came from is a bunch of noise. One bitcoin is as good as another!

Again, Maidsafe may completely disagree with this position. I speak only for myself (and for the principles of the Mastercoin Protocol I designed).

But if you know for sure that the money came DIRECT from the criminal? Whats then? Suppose somebody sells Drugs to your daughter and the same Guy the next Day gives you the money to buy something from your store, and somehow before you deliver him the goods you are informed about the story? Will you still deliver it to him ? Ok when you take the same money after a travel to 100 of peoples thats something else and you can nothing do about it, and we agree...

Yeah, I'd probably seize the coins just to spite the criminal and out of my sense of justice. I'd do that for someone else's stolen coins too if I was 100% certain. That's what I meant by "the kindness of a stranger". I'd want to be a kind stranger.

Drugs are not that bad, in fact quite good. In a non prohibitionist society, most people would be sufficiently informed about drugs, and supply good. Thus no problem any one selling drugs to any one.
jztxeno

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:00:48 PM

Sorry, I was just going based of the 7k BTC amount that keeps getting posted.  I have no intention of actually looking in depth into yet another shitcoin.

I wanna meet the guy who invested 900 BTC into this.... Cheesy
eleuthria
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:02:51 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 09:15:11 PM by eleuthria

I wanna meet the guy who invested 900 BTC into this.... Cheesy

You and me both.  I could've saved myself and the dumbass a lot of trouble but just stealing the coins from his pool account directly.

EDIT:  Heh, just looked up who actually did the 900 BTC payment (since the "proof" that it was me shows the path the coins took).  Can't believe somebody that has been involved in Bitcoin that long would invest in a shitcoin Sad.

Really pathetic how bad that proof is.  It shows the hops the coins took...which means it shows that the account that paid all that BTC was a regular user account (all transactions from the pool wallet to that address were standard sendtomany autopayouts).

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:11:36 PM

So the early bird crowd dumped bags of money on a controversial IPO for a 'SAFE' network which may never release.

Isn't this a bigger version of Mastercoin (I meant in stagnation)?  How do you persaude subsequent  investors to come in at such a huge capitalization?  If SAFE comes out what stops the farmers from dumping or to set up server pools to farm & dump?

You have it back to front. This isn't the usual pump and dump scam copy coin that needs people to persuade anyone. Do a bit of research and don't be lazy expecting other people to compensate your ignorance. Do a bit of reading and wonder why people are looking to support this - it's not dumping money in a hole; it's an opportunity to move the area forward. http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?hl=en&q=maidsafe&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C5&as_sdtp=

You live in a fantasy world.  It's not 2009.  We have professional miners (farmers) who operate expensive facilities and need to cover their electrical costs, hardware replacement and other overhead - they dump as soon as there is profit realized.

Add in the low demand from subsequent investors and that's a classic stagnation then price collapse - it happens to all the new alts and Maidsafecoin won't be an exception.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 09:13:37 PM

Damn, looks like I've done this before:

Mark Karpeles has been skimming Mt Gox for a while now, putting BTC into 1Drt3c8pSdrkyjuBiwVcSSixZwQtMZ3Tew: https://blockchain.info/address/1BSbX5aH6Kfur5eaHgjvjwG4Voww4FBmT6

If Mark is still in Japan, is there anyway to get his passport revoked so that he can't leave the country?

So, perhaps you've seen the post above by user:maidsafe
On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 4:46 PM, <dan.mat...@gmail.com> wrote:
As people are now posting on reddit and bitcointalk this appears to be Bitstamp's wallet.

--This Confusion Happened Before
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1yxxgf/the_posted_address_with_a_transfers_totaling/

Obviously, there is a difference between those claims and perhaps there is more evidence as background to these that might help resolve this?..

You live in a fantasy world.

No, I just don't jump to conclusions.

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
escrowguy

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:15:38 PM

I strongly recommend BTC if possible, you shoudl not loose MSC though, I think they are either automatically returned or at worst we have to manually do it. It is literally closing now though. I am out of the office (heading back) and the close thing is happening or happened. You can try but I really think it best you use BTC to be safe. It works with a STOP order type thing. I will know more in a few mins when I am in. Interviews like mad as well. Sleep when its over for sure.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/maidsafe-development/9QTj0d2pGPo/NPC7XkUrdzEJ

Apparently the MSC investment address (1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu) was removed from safecoin.io.
MaidSafe really should put up an official statement and explain:
- why the MSC address was removed
- if it's still possible to invest via MSC

I have high respect for the Mastercoin people and for the MaidSafe project but I'm missing transparency here. Not communicating about this puts an otherwise interesting project in a bad light.

(My guess is that the amount of coins on the MSC side is much bigger than expected and that they would like to push the BTC side of investments.)
Transparency transparency transparency
Red flag

Site: http://maidsafe.net/
Source code: https://github.com/maidsafe
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdGH40oUVDY
IPO Site: http://www.safecoin.io/; http://www.buysafecoins.com/
Exchange: https://masterxchange.com
Why to Choose Mastercoin Protocol as the IPO Chanel: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/maidsafe-development/j8QBYnXOYUI
IPO for BTC Address: https://blockchain.info/zh-cn/address/1KHfLiBSBTwtSJ6LbCGXXm2nTsS9qtePuv

The crowd sale is now closed to MSC, still open for BTC: 1KHfLiBSBTwtSJ6LbCGXXm2nTsS9qtePuv

I think I send some btc I love this project

IPO is over learn to read pls
People still send money maybe ipo is not over?

Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:16:19 PM

Yeah, I don't think that's going to work out so well for them, for a long time yet.

the investors are even bigger scammers than whom run this coin
davegee

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:20:47 PM

I cannot believe the amount of hot headed idiots on this thread. Before throwing about silly accusations, why don't people do some DD / research on Maidsafe? I'm sure they will find this is not a scam, or is it because they missed out on the IPO? Whatever reasons, RESEARCH IT! What these guys are doing is VERY REAL and will change the way we use the internet in the future. This technology (like the bitcoin protocol) will open a completely new and diverse technology sector altogether. Entrepreneurs, new app development you name it - thanks to the hard work of Maidsafe and other blockchain technologies. And no I don't work for Maidsafe (I wish I did). - Guys and girls, read their Google groups, study the technical stuff if you have time. I completely trust them.

My two sats..
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:23:23 PM

I bought 100 BTC of these bad boys so they better deliver the goods  Cool

My first instinct was these are a guaranteed money maker based on the feature set. Then I read about the economics and money supply and I wasn't as sure. Ultimately I've invested just cos the promised features are outstanding. This is the logical successor to the celebrated but outdated Blockchain.

I'm 99% certain this is legit. There's professors in universities that have read the papers, the NHS in england has apparently used this technology.

Only thing I am not sure about is whether it was priced correctly. Time will tell.
troiste

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:24:42 PM

HAHAHAHA its currently trading below IPO price
eleuthria
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:25:28 PM

I cannot believe the amount of hot headed idiots on this thread. Before throwing about silly accusations, why don't people do some DD / research on Maidsafe? I'm sure they will find this is not a scam, or is it because they missed out on the IPO? Whatever reasons, RESEARCH IT! What these guys are doing is VERY REAL and will change the way we use the internet in the future. This technology (like the bitcoin protocol) will open a completely new and diverse technology sector altogether. Entrepreneurs, new app development you name it - thanks to the hard work of Maidsafe and other blockchain technologies. And no I don't work for Maidsafe (I wish I did). - Guys and girls, read their Google groups, study the technical stuff if you have time. I completely trust them.

My two sats..

I hope this whole thing implodes and everybody gets fucked by MaidSafe.  I do not enjoy waking up to emails tying myself to shitcoins, especially in the same sentence as MtGox, and will forever wish for misfortune upon anybody that touches this piece of shit.  All because some retard doesn't understand that taint analysis doesn't work when the source of coins are a pool responsible for producing ~25% of all coins mined in the last year.

liondani

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 09:30:45 PM

I bought 100 BTC of these bad boys so they better deliver the goods  Cool

My first instinct was these are a guaranteed money maker based on the feature set. Then I read about the economics and money supply and I wasn't as sure. Ultimately I've invested just cos the promised features are outstanding. This is the logical successor to the celebrated but outdated Blockchain.

I'm 99% certain this is legit. There's professors in universities that have read the papers, the NHS in england has apparently used this technology.

Only thing I am not sure about is whether it was priced correctly. Time will tell.

And I was wondering why BLACKCOIN is on a freefall the last 3 Days !!!  Tongue

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: