Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:34:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 [1692] 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4872

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:35:28 PM

http://m.nasdaq.com/article/dutch-authorities-ramp-up-fight-against-bitcoin-money-laundering-cm736269

Get ready to dump all moneros here comes the end!!!!
Monero blockchain is declared illegal while alphabay is on heavy investigation from interpol it will exit scam no later than 2 months!!!Its time for huge dump guys let me see some shorters out!!

What? I only see that as being more positive for Monero. They are targeting centralized mixers like bitmixer.io, which also makes Dash masternodes a target.

Exactly. A post history will reveal that harmani21 is a bagholder for another coin and a troll. And this law hasn't been passed in Holland anyway.

Actually, it was Icebreaker who brought this to everyone's attention. Based on his post history he seems to be heavily invested in XMR so I'm not sure what that's about. Maybe he is abandoning ship like Shen?

What kind of Bullshit FUD is this???

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:42:27 PM

http://m.nasdaq.com/article/dutch-authorities-ramp-up-fight-against-bitcoin-money-laundering-cm736269

Monero blockchain is declared illegal while alphabay is on heavy investigation from interpol it will exit scam no later than 2 months!!!Its time for huge dump guys let me see some shorters out!!

What? I only see that as being more positive for Monero. They are targeting centralized mixers like bitmixer.io, which also makes Dash masternodes a target.

Exactly. A post history will reveal that harmani21 is a bagholder for another coin and a troll. And this law hasn't been passed in Holland anyway.

Actually, it was Icebreaker who brought this to everyone's attention. Based on his post history he seems to be heavily invested in XMR so I'm not sure what that's about. Maybe he is abandoning ship like Shen?

From the Monero slack channel. Check the screenshot above.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 08:32:16 PM

Holland has banned Monero?  Is It True?
Icebreaker is abandoning Monero?  Is It True?
Shen is abandoning Monero?  Is It true?

The DashHoles' panicked, immature response to changes in Dutch law making Masternode money-laundering illegal is messenger-shooting tu quoque, that is the accusation of hypocrisy (or in kindergarten terms, 'I'm rubber you're glue').

Rather than explain why Masternodes, which exist only to facilitate coin mixing and other (unlicensed) money services, are not effected by the new Dutch law, they deflect by changing the subject to some ridiculous unsupported theory that Monero is now illegal there.

Never mind that Apple's expensive top-shelf lawyers said Monero is OK shortly after they banned Dash from iOS, because tu quoque is spatula's go-to deflection mechanism.  EG, he used that logical fallacy as his primary talking point during his epic defense of Dash's Instamine.

For insight into why spatula is pushing such obvious Bullshit FUD, see his posting history.

When Monero launched in mid 2014, he was pumping all kinds of shitcoins, none of which ever went anywhere except into the great dump of history.

So we know why poor spatula is so bitter, having missed out on the Monero Moon Train and instead choosing to hold bags of SummerCoin (LOL), BitQuark (LOL), SiliconValleyCoin (double LOL), GroestelCoin (WTF LOL), Navajo (ROTFLMFAO), and something called Metiscoin ("might hit cryptsy tomorrow!Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy).

For the record, I am not nor have one iota of intention of leaving Monero.  Like Bitcoin, I am committed for the duration of the experiment.

A small portion of my holdings could buy me a Tesla, but I'd rather wait until those coins will get me a few acres of prime Napa vineyard (and won't need to be changed into fiat).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 10:04:02 PM

Holland has banned Monero?  Is It True?
Icebreaker is abandoning Monero?  Is It True?
Shen is abandoning Monero?  Is It true?

The DashHoles' panicked, immature response to changes in Dutch law making Masternode money-laundering illegal is messenger-shooting tu quoque, that is the accusation of hypocrisy (or in kindergarten terms, 'I'm rubber you're glue').

Rather than explain why Masternodes, which exist only to facilitate coin mixing and other (unlicensed) money services, are not effected by the new Dutch law, they deflect by changing the subject to some ridiculous unsupported theory that Monero is now illegal there.

Never mind that Apple's expensive top-shelf lawyers said Monero is OK shortly after they banned Dash from iOS, because tu quoque is spatula's go-to deflection mechanism.  EG, he used that logical fallacy as his primary talking point during his epic defense of Dash's Instamine.

For insight into why spatula is pushing such obvious Bullshit FUD, see his posting history.

When Monero launched in mid 2014, he was pumping all kinds of shitcoins, none of which ever went anywhere except into the great dump of history.

So we know why poor spatula is so bitter, having missed out on the Monero Moon Train and instead choosing to hold bags of SummerCoin (LOL), BitQuark (LOL), SiliconValleyCoin (double LOL), GroestelCoin (WTF LOL), Navajo (ROTFLMFAO), and something called Metiscoin ("might hit cryptsy tomorrow!Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy).

For the record, I am not nor have one iota of intention of leaving Monero.  Like Bitcoin, I am committed for the duration of the experiment.

A small portion of my holdings could buy me a Tesla, but I'd rather wait until those coins will get me a few acres of prime Napa vineyard (and won't need to be changed into fiat).

+1

In since it began and in for the long haul too, Sir.

Napa vineyard is not on my personal wishlist, but I am waiting for the day I can spend mine on my preferred little treat too.

我想要火箭和火车
spatula

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 10:07:13 PM

Holland has banned Monero?  Is It True?
Icebreaker is abandoning Monero?  Is It True?
Shen is abandoning Monero?  Is It true?

Spatula made money!  Angry

So my points are invalid because I made money in other areas of crypto? You made lots of money in crypto, even headed a scam mining company. If you evaluated my post history you will see I have also been heavily invested in XMR, until the dev's started supporting trolling of the entire cryptosphere, now my XMR holdings are quite small. Maybe you should pay back the hashfast investors that you scammed instead of buying a tesla. I'm sure the judge in your case would love to see your bragging on the internet about how much money you have.

Stop bringing this thread off-topic, this is the Monero thread.

Did Shen quit the Monero project? If so, does that impact the new RingCT implementation?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 10:37:16 PM

Cry  I have also been heavily invested in XMR, until the dev's started supporting trolling of the entire cryptosphere, now my XMR holdings are quite small.  Cry

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
spatula

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 11:02:32 PM

So instead of answering the question, you just attack me.... Isn't that what you accuse pretty much everyone else of doing?

Ok, does anyone else know if Shen quit the Monero project, and if so, what were his reasons and how does it impact future development plans?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 11:27:30 PM

So instead of answering the question, you just attack me.... Isn't that what you accuse pretty much everyone else of doing?

Ok, does anyone else know if Shen quit the Monero project, and if so, what were his reasons and how does it impact future development plans?

It doesn't look like he quit necessarily, just not wanting to be majorly involved at the moment. In his last post on getmonero forum he says that Luigi and aminorex will probably work on implementation of ring multi SIG, but doesn't say that he won't be a part of bullet point #3, which is deep review after implementation.

Tbh, that whole episode was a bit bizarre, but I guess just another day off the week in crypto land.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4872

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 11:35:32 PM

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/01/china-announces-mass-shutdown-of-vpns-that-bypass-great-firewall/

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ptytrader

Activity: 466
Merit: 253

Imagine a world without banks.......

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 07:48:54 AM

Has anyone been able to import their mymonero seed into their GUI? I keep getting an error saying that the electrum style seed is not validated. Can someone help.

Also, stop the FUD.

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2017, 08:30:44 AM

Exactly.  A Dash masternode is a turn-key money laundry.  That's why they pay out ridiculous high-yield rates.  They are easily targeted as well, since only a handful of people control 98% of all masternodes.  Interpol will lightly squeeze Otoh and he will yield to the pressure like a fresh cream puff.

Thank goodness the cost of operating a full Monero node does not require surmounting onerous, egregiously elitist barriers to entry such as Dash's 1000 coin/$12,000 Masternode price tag.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:34:57 PM

Exactly.  A Dash masternode is a turn-key money laundry.  That's why they pay out ridiculous high-yield rates.  They are easily targeted as well, since only a handful of people control 98% of all masternodes.  Interpol will lightly squeeze Otoh and he will yield to the pressure like a fresh cream puff.

Thank goodness the cost of operating a full Monero node does not require surmounting onerous, egregiously elitist barriers to entry such as Dash's 1000 coin/$12,000 Masternode price tag.

Hey Icebreaker,

How much is the initial setup cost for operating 1 XMR node? Ongoing annual costs?

Is it possible to set this up on AWS?
phoenix rises

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:44:10 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 01:24:28 PM by phoenix rises

Has anyone been able to import their mymonero seed into their GUI? I keep getting an error saying that the electrum style seed is not validated. Can someone help.

Also, stop the FUD.

Hey there, I already replied to you on this here - did you try it yet? (Maybe you missed it in the FUD-storm!!  Wink)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg17565699#msg17565699

You can't import a 13 word MyMonero seed into the GUI directly, it only accepts 25 word seeds. That is why you a seeing this error.
It is not possible to convert your 13 word seed into a 25 word seed - you have import the wallet via the Private View and Spend Keys (which you should be able to get from MyMonero.com), using the CLI as detailed in the link in the linked post.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 02:17:21 PM

Also, stop the FUD.

You can't import the seed directly. Please follow this guide:

https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/3091/how-do-i-use-my-mymonero-wallet-via-the-monero-core-gui

For step 1 to 4 you can also follow this guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/4exiih/an_easy_to_understand_guide_on_how_to_restore/

Note that simplewallet was renamed to monero-wallet-cli.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:34:53 PM

Why is monero better then Nav ? serieus question just trying to find out.

Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:52:05 PM

How much is the initial setup cost for operating 1 XMR node? Ongoing annual costs?

Is it possible to set this up on AWS?

I don't know how much Amazon costs, but I'll tell you what I'm paying for my VPS at https://my.mikrovps.hu
I've been using the "VZ-1G" service, which gives you 500 GB a month bandwidth and costs $6.59 per month, payable with bitcoin or paypal.
I just got an email from them saying my bandwidth is 95% used up, so it looks like I am going to have to upgrade to their 1 TB monthly bandwidth service, which costs $9.02 per month.
DonYo

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 05:55:22 PM

Why is monero better then Nav ? serieus question just trying to find out.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nav/#!rich
http://moneroblocks.info/richlist

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 08:29:40 PM

Well said, Sir.

我想要火箭和火车
toffoo

Activity: 408
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 11:47:46 PM

I've been having this problem again trying to send XMR to ShapeShift.io and having the trade cancelled because the deposit doesn't get confirmed within 10 minutes.

ShapeShift is again not recognizing the unconfirmed deposit transaction (as it does for any other coin) and therefore keeps the 10 minute timer ticking.

Monero is also randomly (but frequently) not including my transactions in the next block, nor the block after that, etc ... for example this latest one has been in the unconfirmed transactions pool for 43 minutes and 19 blocks.

Anybody know what's going on?

Need some help with simplewallet here:

I'm having an ongoing issue where outgoing XMR transfers do not make it into the next block, and sometimes not for several blocks.  This wreaks havoc with ShapeShift because they cancel the transaction if your deposit if it's not confirmed in a block within 10 minutes.

If Monero blocks are not nearly full like Bitcoin and miner fees are automatic, what else could it be?

Example:

Code:
[wallet]: transfer xxx........
Money successfully sent, transaction <xxx........>
[wallet]: bc_height
Height 1085656, transaction <xxx........>, spent xxx........

Why didn't that xfer get included in block 1085654 or 1085655?  Thanks for the help!

I don't know how to answer the question but I had a tx in block 1085656, I wasn't paying much attention but I was surprised it took a few blocks to get confirmed. My only guess is with the rapid increase in activity and hashrate over the past couple days there seems to be a lot of variance at the moment...two blocks found within seconds then 10 minutes between blocks: http://moneroblocks.info/

Notice the tx per block is higher than average: http://moneroblocks.info/stats

I'm sorry to hear that Shapeshift is not recognizing the payment as soon as it hits the tx pool. Use xmr.to. I have communicated with a Shapeshift dev on how to get the payment id from the tx pool but I guess they are too busy or something...

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 11:51:47 PM

Shameless plug.... Piece of fine XMR history here up for auction - MS69 graded Lealana brass 5 xmr coin!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1763614.new#new

Thanks! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Pages: « 1 ... 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 [1692] 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: