Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:24:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667062 times)
akidokatsui

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:49:54 AM

2017-03-22 23:19:18.241 [P2P7]  WARN    net.dns src/common/dns_utils.cpp:529
WARNING: no two valid MoneroPulse DNS checkpoint records were received

how to fix that problem ?

You can ignore this error. The daemon should sync even with it throwing these errors. See:

https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/2508/what-is-a-p2p0warning-no-two-valid-moneropulse-dns-checkpoint-records-were-r
It should, but it did not for some folks, me included.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/5zzhf1/current_commit_on_github_doesnt_connect_at_all/

problem fixed. must starting monerod with monerod --add-priority-node 38.135.33.74

thank you sir

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4872

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:52:52 AM

At least one other person lost a significant amount, but I don't remember how much.
Fluffy would have done well to require 2FA on that site, instead he had a laser focus on being user friendly to promote monero use and make it easy for newbs to get in... well, newbs make mistakes.  Mistakes like using Fluffy's web wallet.

In fairness to FluffyPonzi, he has always been explicit and emphatic in his warnings that his webwallet is only for convenient holding of pocket change and "significant" amounts should not be trusted to the service.

In hindsight, perhaps he should have forced users to click though some "I pinky swear not to put a ton of coins in my webwallet because I understand they may be stolen via MITM or unknown Vault7/EquationGroup/FancyBear/GoldenShield attacks" agreement.

In all fairness I never heard any such thing until 2 people got raped. But it should be common knowledge not to use a web wallet for significant amounts.

If you didn't hear the copious warnings, that's not Fluffy's fault.  I'm not the only one who remembers his common sense 'it's a wallet for spending money not a vault for your life savings' messages.

fluffypony (site owner) always says you should not store significant amounts of XMR there

I've stated publicly (on Reddit, Bitcointalk, in talks at conferences, on podcasts) that it should be treated like an actual wallet and not used for storage.

Yeah it's well known alot of us don''t reddit so a post from there means shit. I'm not even going to bother checking the date.

Apparently you didn't read my post now did you? I've bolded this for you.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 04:55:56 AM

At least one other person lost a significant amount, but I don't remember how much.
Fluffy would have done well to require 2FA on that site, instead he had a laser focus on being user friendly to promote monero use and make it easy for newbs to get in... well, newbs make mistakes.  Mistakes like using Fluffy's web wallet.

In fairness to FluffyPonzi, he has always been explicit and emphatic in his warnings that his webwallet is only for convenient holding of pocket change and "significant" amounts should not be trusted to the service.

In hindsight, perhaps he should have forced users to click though some "I pinky swear not to put a ton of coins in my webwallet because I understand they may be stolen via MITM or unknown Vault7/EquationGroup/FancyBear/GoldenShield attacks" agreement.

In all fairness I never heard any such thing until 2 people got raped. But it should be common knowledge not to use a web wallet for significant amounts.

If you didn't hear the copious warnings, that's not Fluffy's fault.  I'm not the only one who remembers his common sense 'it's a wallet for spending money not a vault for your life savings' messages.

fluffypony (site owner) always says you should not store significant amounts of XMR there

I've stated publicly (on Reddit, Bitcointalk, in talks at conferences, on podcasts) that it should be treated like an actual wallet and not used for storage.

Yeah it's well known alot of us don''t reddit so a post from there means shit. I'm not even going to bother checking the date.

Better?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:00:25 AM

Better?

Not only did I add to the previous post it doesn't matter what youve bolded. Duh I stated I didn't see it I didn't say it wasn't there now why don't you show me the warning posts before the 2 hacks if you can.

Added: don't bother, I don't care.

You wanna argue go here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1829362.msg18298372;topicseen#new

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 10:48:35 AM

Since January Monero already has a working GUI wallet and its second beta is coming soon too. I hope that someone will finally put the GUI on the current monero site getmonero.org, or at least on the upcoming new disign site. It's confusing otherwise.

Monero will paint dash chart, mark my words. Cant miss out on a pump when I see it coming a mile away. Setting up a target slightly below 0.16 BTC and taking all my monero off the exchange. Will grab another pile when the new uptrend is confirmed, gotta say that the whole image of monero has improved greatly since the last time I was in.

When are they going to have new design on their site? Their site looks quite old and console wallet scares people, so Monero indeed can rise when they finally get two these things done.

[1] There's a proposal for a redesign, see:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/605lxj/getmoneroorg_redesign_please_critique_and_discuss/

[2] You don't necessarily have to use the command line, because there is a GUI beta:

https://getmonero.org/2016/12/22/monero-core-gui-beta-released.html

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
poptop
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1246

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:07:14 PM

Did someone write to Ledger/Trezor devs about adding monero?

Moжeт ли дoмaшкa вocьмиклaccникa cтoить 1 битoк?  Huh Pынoк кpипты пepeгpeт, нo пepeгpeт ли pынoк гoлoвoлoмoк c кpиптoй? Кaк мoжнo пpятaть cвoи битoчки oт пocтopoнниx глaз? Huh Paзгaдывaeм нeдaвниe дaвниe гoлoвoлoмки Энди Бayчa вмecтe
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 10:08:46 PM

"Monero (XMR) Margin Trading Now Available On Kraken"

http://blog.kraken.com/post/158752233887/monero-xmr-margin-trading-now-available

Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:35:42 PM

OK, im really disappointed right now, as ive got all this XMR which is useless to me, considering its price now, because the payments made to me by the mining pool were so small that the cost of cleaning up the wallet is almost that of my XMR!

I dont get why there is even a fee involved, and this fee should be wiped.
Secondly, if this is the hassle with small payments, how is this going to be practical as the marketcap increases?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
vanhalendlrband

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:54:36 PM

I'm not sure but mining is not usually profitable anymore unless you have a good setup. And some pools just take you might want to ask more questions to the pool owners
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:00:43 PM

I'm not sure but mining is not usually profitable anymore unless you have a good setup. And some pools just take you might want to ask more questions to the pool owners

I have not mined since early days, have had all these funds sitting in my wallet. I was earning about 2XMR a day, I wish i mined for longer Sad

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:19:47 PM

OK, im really disappointed right now, as ive got all this XMR which is useless to me, considering its price now, because the payments made to me by the mining pool were so small that the cost of cleaning up the wallet is almost that of my XMR!

I dont get why there is even a fee involved, and this fee should be wiped.
Secondly, if this is the hassle with small payments, how is this going to be practical as the marketcap increases?

Have you asked in Dev channel? If there is nothing you can do then I would auction it off and someone will hold it until there is something that can be done. Smiley

EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:05:21 PM

Can anyone assist with an issue re. the GUI wallet please:

I want to withdraw XMR from Polo to keep in my local GUI wallet and after the wallet is synced etc. I am being presented with the receiving addresses:

So, I enter the receiving address and payment ID from the XMR wallet:

and I get:

I then tried to send 1 XMR to the same address without the payment ID and get an error:

Anyone know whats wrong?

When I use the 'Integrated Address' is seems to work.

Soooooooon...............
Ramone Estavez

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 01:17:08 PM

I want to withdraw XMR from Polo to keep in my local GUI wallet and after the wallet is synced etc. I am being presented with the receiving addresses:

https://i.imgur.com/40W30JR.png

https://i.imgur.com/b8SVlKs.png

and I get:

https://i.imgur.com/lXXuW0X.png

I then tried to send 1 XMR to the same address without the payment ID and get an error:

https://i.imgur.com/KDGKNIJ.png

Anyone know whats wrong?

The mojo is strong with this one, let him pass into fungible bliss without disgrace for his alt coin sins and bluster of digital scarcity. He is weak and sorrowful with many forks.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 02:16:57 PM

and I get:

Anyone know whats wrong?

You are sending this to your personal wallet right?

You can skip the whole payment id part if so... the only need for a payment id is to distinguish where a transfer came from... and you already know that.  Just send without a payment ID.
dollarmoney

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 06:25:50 PM

where i can find latest news???

c789

Activity: 850

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 06:59:27 PM

where i can find latest news???

https://www.monero.how/monero-news

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:00:23 PM

Since January Monero already has a working GUI wallet and its second beta is coming soon too. I hope that someone will finally put the GUI on the current monero site getmonero.org, or at least on the upcoming new disign site. It's confusing otherwise.

Yes, if you don't have it on the site that implies it is a beta test version and not ready. Is this fully tested and safe to hold any amount of XMR, without any risk based on the code, or still a beta version? Serious question. I understand software is always being improved, but how far along is this compared to a Bitcoin Core wallet?

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:16:14 PM

and I get:

Anyone know whats wrong?

You are using a short, encrypted payment ID and Poloniex currently doesn't support those. In addition, if you are sending to your own wallet, you don't need to add a payment ID. Thus, for you situation, I'd advise to only fill in the address.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:44:49 PM

Integrated address incorporates the short payment id into the address, thus it is not necessary to also include a payment id if you are using the integrated address.

Also, as debruyne mentioned, Poloniex only supports standard payment ids, which are of 64 character length.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:52:10 PM

Yes, if you don't have it on the site that implies it is a beta test version and not ready. Is this fully tested and safe to hold any amount of XMR, without any risk based on the code, or still a beta version? Serious question. I understand software is always being improved, but how far along is this compared to a Bitcoin Core wallet?

Hi - longtime XMR user here - Won't lie - Definitely still a beta version, that's why it's not out for general download. I Have had a LOT of XMR in the GUI wallet since it was released and haven't had any issues at all with anything to be honest. (I have multiple copies of both my keys files and my seed as well before I updated them, so I'm all good should it crash. Not worried about losing my coins at all to be honest - well, unless I get some shitty virus or something Tongue

Small things to note:

TXids can sometimes take a bit to show in history - sometimes a client/daemon restart fixes this, sometimes just waiting a while is fine
History function is very nice - good to see organized lists of txids I have done in over 2 years - also kind of sad to see how much profit I could have made had I held out longer on some positions...
It's nowhere near polished code like btc core, but it is stable on windows 10. beta 2 looks to be nicer, so you may want to wait... Either way, no probs here, still love it actually! Cheesy

Good luck!

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Pages: « 1 ... 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: