Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:23:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 [1720] 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667062 times)
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 11:06:47 PM

oooh what am I?

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4873

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:51:57 PM

oooh what am I?

Dash President!!!

Fuck thats great! Tongue

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:45:37 AM

I probably relayed your message to the developers, but forgot to open a specific issue for it. Hence, it might have been overlooked. I've opened an issue now for more visibility.

https://github.com/monero-project/monero-core/issues/655

Got it! Thanks for doing this. Coolness! Other than that, really nice new features in the current release.

The release notes mentioned "unsigned transaction" and "Cold transaction signing". Do these mean that offline transaction signing is now possible with this release? If so, is there a step-by-step guide/instruction on how to go about it posted somewhere?

Yes and this is as close to a guide as I could find:

https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/2160/how-do-i-use-cold-transaction-signing

https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/2868/is-there-any-way-to-construct-a-transaction-manually/

Note that these guides use the CLI, so they might need some tweaking for the GUI.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 04:47:39 PM

So can a US citizen buy XMR with USD on Bitfinex, I'm sick of signing up on these sites and finding out that we in the US can't because of regulation bullshit.

Also isn't this the exchange that got hacked because they gave peoples key to a third party? Is it safe now?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Peanutbutterpolka

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:10:54 PM

Is mymonero site working for you guys? It's hung up on a transaction now for a few hours, what gives?

It seemed a little iffy yesterday as well.

How long do these hang ups normally last? I can't send anything else right now either. My account is in essence frozen as it says unconfirmed for a few hours now. I can't even make any other transactions.  Sad

Do transactions time out on mymonero? What is the normal wait when something is hung up?
I might have posted this in the wrong place initially
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:46:09 PM

Oh, look at that! Seems like a very bright future ahead for Monero:
https://steemit.com/fiction/@xwerk/cryptocurrency-market-cap-in-the-year-2020-or-bitcoin-ethereum-komodo-monero-bitcore-steem-decred-byteball-litecoin-lbry  Cheesy

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:22:41 PM

Is mymonero site working for you guys? It's hung up on a transaction now for a few hours, what gives?

How long do these hang ups normally last? I can't send anything else right now either. My account is in essence frozen as it says unconfirmed for a few hours now. I can't even make any other transactions.  Sad

Do transactions time out on mymonero? What is the normal wait when something is hung up?

Posted this in the other thread:

Probably best to contact their support (support@mymonero.com).

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:25:48 PM

So can a US citizen buy XMR with USD on Bitfinex, I'm sick of signing up on these sites and finding out that we in the US can't because of regulation bullshit.

Also isn't this the exchange that got hacked because they gave peoples key to a third party? Is it safe now?
Bitfinex accepts U.S. customers.  I used to wire usd to them from a U.S. bank account.  Bitfinex uses a Taiwan bank.  Bitfinex also handles usdtethers, so if you have usdt on Polo for example, you could send your dollars from there to Bitfinex easily and cheaply.  And Bitfinex doesn't distinguish between tethers and dollars; once it's in your account, it's just dollars, and if you want to withdraw it you can do so either by bank wire or by sending usdtethers somewhere.
Yes, they got hacked because they used some third party security "solution."
I had no funds on the exchange at the time of the hack (lucky for me).
Bitfinex effed up bigly, but I think they learned their lesson.  To me, bfx feels no more risky than any other exchange now.
And I'm thinking about going back to using Bitfinex, because they promise that if you have btc loaned out and a hard fork hits, they will give you BTU.
Exact opposite of Polo, which states explicitly that you won't get BTU if your BTC is loaned out.
Peanutbutterpolka

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:27:02 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 05:02:23 PM by Peanutbutterpolka

How long do these hang ups normally last? I can't send anything else right now either. My account is in essence frozen as it says unconfirmed for a few hours now. I can't even make any other transactions.  Sad

Posted this in the other thread:

Probably best to contact their support (support@mymonero.com).

Thanks,

I found this as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/63916k/transaction_not_being_confirmed/

Others having a similar issue.

Edit. Update: It took a while but it went through.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:36:44 PM

No "real"proof except for the funds would have would not be sent out in little amounts stretched over a long period of time. If i was to move my funds it would be all at once. I was greeted with a you must update you wallet files, so I wanted to make sure I didn't screw anything up. I guess I could fire up an old wallet show you screenshots of the screen with the funds there but at soon as it hits that day the balance drops to 0.

Again, just looking for some advice on what appears to have happened. I still have the original wallet files and keys. I made backups before I started the update process. Have also only used the command line wallet.

So I assume the coins are gone, but I was wondering it there was any significance to that date (1/17/2016).

Thank you again.

Also my main name on here was sk00t3r, I'm fairly confident that it was hacked, these is not my first two posts. I have tried everything to recover my original account.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=316944

You can clearly tell someone hijacked my btctalk account look at the grammar at my early posts, the last post by me was October 16,2014. Then look at what it has turned into in later posts starting with the very next post February 3rd 2016. Something happened in those 3 months and I can promise you it was not me making any post after my final post on October 16, 2014.

Thank you all again.

I am sorry for your loss!
What Operating System were/are you using to store your XMR. If you usr products from Richmond US you should consider changing that to an UNIX'isch for that porpuse since we all know that WIN is the same like FB in terms of privacy and security of your data.

Hope you find that bastard  Roll Eyes Cheesy

These are some strange and interesting developments.

Be sure to use 16 digit passwords, and don't use the same ones for any other accounts than BTCtalk. You may even consider using Apple products and VPN/TOR for added security - although the captchas are not fun LOL

LOL, this is a joke right? And using VPN doesn't protect you if the VPN provider is the one screwing you.

TOR is useless. Known backdoor that US Government uses. The FBI let a pedo walk because a judge asked them to to provide, in detail, how they discovered him when he used TOR. Processors are infiltrated / back-doored at source, o/s are too. Including all Linus flavors. If it is digital you are tracked. Period. That being said Private Internet Access Inc's VPN service is legit. They do not log anything on any server. If you trust them, they are about as safe as it gets. Doesn't negate fact that tech giants are in bed with big brother and allow backdoors at source. The USA Alphabet agencies are the single largest threat to the US Economy.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:37:58 AM

No "real"proof except for the funds would have would not be sent out in little amounts stretched over a long period of time. If i was to move my funds it would be all at once. I was greeted with a you must update you wallet files, so I wanted to make sure I didn't screw anything up. I guess I could fire up an old wallet show you screenshots of the screen with the funds there but at soon as it hits that day the balance drops to 0.

Again, just looking for some advice on what appears to have happened. I still have the original wallet files and keys. I made backups before I started the update process. Have also only used the command line wallet.

So I assume the coins are gone, but I was wondering it there was any significance to that date (1/17/2016).

Thank you again.

Also my main name on here was sk00t3r, I'm fairly confident that it was hacked, these is not my first two posts. I have tried everything to recover my original account.

You can clearly tell someone hijacked my btctalk account look at the grammar at my early posts, the last post by me was October 16,2014. Then look at what it has turned into in later posts starting with the very next post February 3rd 2016. Something happened in those 3 months and I can promise you it was not me making any post after my final post on October 16, 2014.

Thank you all again.

What Operating System were/are you using to store your XMR. If you usr products from Richmond US you should consider changing that to an UNIX'isch for that porpuse since we all know that WIN is the same like FB in terms of privacy and security of your data.

Be sure to use 16 digit passwords, and don't use the same ones for any other accounts than BTCtalk. You may even consider using Apple products and VPN/TOR for added security - although the captchas are not fun LOL

LOL, this is a joke right? And using VPN doesn't protect you if the VPN provider is the one screwing you.

TOR is useless. Known backdoor that US Government uses. The FBI let a pedo walk because a judge asked them to to provide, in detail, how they discovered him when he used TOR. Processors are infiltrated / back-doored at source, o/s are too. Including all Linus flavors. If it is digital you are tracked. Period. That being said Private Internet Access Inc's VPN service is legit. They do not log anything on any server. If you trust them, they are about as safe as it gets. Doesn't negate fact that tech giants are in bed with big brother and allow backdoors at source. The USA Alphabet agencies are the single largest threat to the US Economy.

OLD news, can you prove the bolded? Didn't know they let a criminal walk because they didn't want to admit they compromised tor. Link? I guess i could search but i don't care too much. All nodes after a specific date are suspect. If i used it i'd have those dates memorized lol.

I only highlighted the absolute funniest statement I have seen in forever. Smiley

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:39:38 AM

Bitfinex accepts U.S. customers.  I used to wire usd to them from a U.S. bank account.  Bitfinex uses a Taiwan bank.  Bitfinex also handles usdtethers, so if you have usdt on Polo for example, you could send your dollars from there to Bitfinex easily and cheaply.  And Bitfinex doesn't distinguish between tethers and dollars; once it's in your account, it's just dollars, and if you want to withdraw it you can do so either by bank wire or by sending usdtethers somewhere.
Yes, they got hacked because they used some third party security "solution."
I had no funds on the exchange at the time of the hack (lucky for me).
Bitfinex effed up bigly, but I think they learned their lesson.  To me, bfx feels no more risky than any other exchange now.
And I'm thinking about going back to using Bitfinex, because they promise that if you have btc loaned out and a hard fork hits, they will give you BTU.
Exact opposite of Polo, which states explicitly that you won't get BTU if your BTC is loaned out.

Thanks for the great response man! You hit every point I needed to know with info I didn't even know I needed to know! Cheesy

birr

Activity: 867
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:26:07 PM

Thanks for the great response man! You hit every point I needed to know with info I didn't even know I needed to know! Cheesy
"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know."
Donald Rumsfeld
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:33:37 PM

"As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know."
Donald Rumsfeld

I remember years ago reading news reports about Rumsfeld saying that and was really surprised at how many people were skewering him for either making that up or "being creative while saying nothing," even though it's 101-level risk management. Good stuff.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:41:31 PM

Donald Rumsfeld

I remember years ago reading news reports about Rumsfeld saying that and was really surprised at how many people were skewering him for either making that up or "being creative while saying nothing," even though it's 101-level risk management. Good stuff.

He was know for rambling on and on without actually saying anything. If he had actually answered any of those questions directly this country would be in a much better position. IOW he bamboozled them and they were too stupid to see it.

Similar to when Congress was being brought to task and all of a sudden we needed a huge controversy to distract the public so they picked flag burning.

solix

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:13:40 AM

Thank you again.

Thank you all again.

I agree with this completely. I use a logless VPN. It's a bit like a "decentralized" Tor if you think about it, and you hope to get lost in the noise by the time anyone gets interested it's already old news. The only point of failure there is if your provider is somehow compromised, which is why, as a US citizen, I use chained VPNs outside of my country (all logless). I actually feel much safer doing that then Tor. You want to be a drop in the ocean here...

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:51:13 AM

I agree with this completely. I use a logless VPN. It's a bit like a "decentralized" Tor if you think about it, and you hope to get lost in the noise by the time anyone gets interested it's already old news. The only point of failure there is if your provider is somehow compromised, which is why, as a US citizen, I use chained VPNs outside of my country (all logless). I actually feel much safer doing that then Tor. You want to be a drop in the ocean here...

I'm sure eveyone in the US is running through one of these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A

elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:02:47 AM

I'm sure eveyone in the US is running through one of these.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_641A

Well, only a few countries can "afford" this kind of surveillance...

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 12:28:25 PM

Is Kovri going to accomplish the same thing vpn does, i.e. obscure your ip address, and will it work for more than just running monerod, i.e. general internet surfing?
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:48:43 PM

ive been aware of Monero as its near the top of coinmarketcap and curious about it. Why does it have such a high MK? What does it offer and whats in the plans for the future?

Im a long term investor and looking to invest in future potential. Ive read the 1st page of the thread but just reads like all others so asking on here if i can have a 2-3 sentence cut down explanation

cheers
Pages: « 1 ... 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 [1720] 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: