Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:32:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 [1068] 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 ... 2124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667637 times)
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 06:41:27 AM

So what ever happened to cryptocoins-dice.com   Did they just steal all the funds and skip town?
Yes

As if you really had to guess.  They totally pulled a Friedcat.

Everyone got BFLPaycoinGoxBS&TAetheroFriedcatDRKDASHed

Sadface

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 07:05:51 AM

So what ever happened to cryptocoins-dice.com   Did they just steal all the funds and skip town?
Yes

As if you really had to guess.  They totally pulled a Friedcat.

Everyone got BFLPaycoinGoxBS&TAetheroFriedcatDRKDASHed

Sadface

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:51:26 AM

You guys should talk about it amongst yourselves and see what sort of commitment you can come up with for what price. I know we talked about this before and you weren't willing to commit to delivering any particular product, but maybe you could commit to full time development for a given period of time. I think that would satisfy people. If you can come up with something that we could crowd fund than im sure we could find some way of accommodating that.

We can give some tokens like Limited Edition, Flagbearer type Physical Monero to people donating a said amount to the crowdfund. We can source these coins from iourzzz. It will be good.
GTO911

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 09:52:41 AM

https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-196-distortions-towards-privacy-or-many-hands-makes-light-work

Cheesy
bybitcoin

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:24:36 AM

Any plans to give an interview on the Let's Talk Bitcoin network (alt channel so to speak). I just listened to an interview with the creator of DRK/dash and it was interesting to say the least. I would have liked a Monero guy on there to give an opposing/alternaive viewpoint. I think a little debate will help the stronger coin out. I'm in XMR's corner of course, but not reading much these days on its main competitor makes me feel a bit out of touch.

Related, can we ever have a wallet app on e.g. Android, for XMR as opposed to a web wallet- is there anything creative we can do?

IAS

Porting LightWallet to Android seems possible given reasonable inputs of time/effort/skill and/or funding/bounties.

XMR competes with BTC; Darshcoin competes with CLOAK and other shitcoins.

XMR has no serious competition in the 'legitimately trustless privacy-enabling digicash' sector.  Bitcoin, with its high-volume array of 3rd party tumblers/mixers, comes the closest.

Darsh enjoys 1st mover status in the 'scamcoin marketed as privacy-enabling digicash' field.  But its technology is unproven, and outside of the cult (who stand to profit from their Ponzi nodes) not many will trust it for security-sensitive applications.

10000 this, you'll rarely or almost never see any Bitcoin stuff making the slighest hint about Monero, unless the person really likes/understands it, after the scamcoin "bought"(subverted) dashcoin I have enough evidence to support my paranoia that Bitcoins already started to rolling behind the scenes to stop or slow down XMR acceptation. At minimum there is a silent conspiracy to ignore Monero/cryptonote.

They will catch on eventually.  Its unique codebase makes it a good hedge should flaws be found in the Bitcoin codebase.  Should this scenario manifest itself all Bitcoin based coins (DRK/ASH) would be rendered useless as well.

Does anyone know how many fairly unique code bases exist in this crazy altcoin ecosystem?

bitcoin
nxt
monero
ripple (though im not sure its really a crypto currency, you have to decide yourself)
bitshares

These are the only ones i know, can anyone add to this list
The Mini-Blockchain based Cryptonite (XCN).
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:27:23 AM

Any plans to give an interview on the Let's Talk Bitcoin network (alt channel so to speak). I just listened to an interview with the creator of DRK/dash and it was interesting to say the least. I would have liked a Monero guy on there to give an opposing/alternaive viewpoint. I think a little debate will help the stronger coin out. I'm in XMR's corner of course, but not reading much these days on its main competitor makes me feel a bit out of touch.

Related, can we ever have a wallet app on e.g. Android, for XMR as opposed to a web wallet- is there anything creative we can do?

IAS

Porting LightWallet to Android seems possible given reasonable inputs of time/effort/skill and/or funding/bounties.

XMR has no serious competition in the 'legitimately trustless privacy-enabling digicash' sector.  Bitcoin, with its high-volume array of 3rd party tumblers/mixers, comes the closest.

Darsh enjoys 1st mover status in the 'scamcoin marketed as privacy-enabling digicash' field.  But its technology is unproven, and outside of the cult (who stand to profit from their Ponzi nodes) not many will trust it for security-sensitive applications.

10000 this, you'll rarely or almost never see any Bitcoin stuff making the slighest hint about Monero, unless the person really likes/understands it, after the scamcoin "bought"(subverted) dashcoin I have enough evidence to support my paranoia that Bitcoins already started to rolling behind the scenes to stop or slow down XMR acceptation. At minimum there is a silent conspiracy to ignore Monero/cryptonote.

They will catch on eventually.  Its unique codebase makes it a good hedge should flaws be found in the Bitcoin codebase.  Should this scenario manifest itself all Bitcoin based coins (DRK/ASH) would be rendered useless as well.

Does anyone know how many fairly unique code bases exist in this crazy altcoin ecosystem?

bitcoin
nxt
monero
ripple (though im not sure its really a crypto currency, you have to decide yourself)
bitshares

That is based on the bitcoin codebase, but heavily modified. Quite possibly the most heavily modified bitcoin fork.
GTO911

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:37:25 AM

Oops posted the wrong link

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:40:55 AM

Should be reported as off topic imo.

Submissions that are mostly about some other cryptocurrency belong elsewhere. For example, /r/CryptoCurrency is a good place to discuss all cryptocurrencies.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:51:58 AM

What if monero was funded through fundraising website/programs? I know those websites usually dont allow you to give something in return to those who donate, but they could be directed to a monero exchange where they could buy some if theyd like.

Well, I got excited about checking out kickstarter, but they don't allow projects for "cash equivalent" things... they used some other word than things. I forget.

There is one that allows Cryptos. https://www.startjoin.com/ Also you could put up a crowdfunding on the Burstcoin Blockchain and get paid in burst and convert it to XMR or BTC.

EDIT: I do believe that Max Keiser is involved in startjoin.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 10:56:55 AM

Shield console coming with new cheap power. Its a set top type box for tv and gaming.

If this type of device explodes maybe there could be implications for mining.

Its sitting idle when you are not there using it. Perfect for the network.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 11:08:12 AM

Shield console coming with new cheap power. Its a set top type box for tv and gaming.

If this type of device explodes maybe there could be implications for mining.

Its sitting idle when you are not there using it. Perfect for the network.

Right, thats the idea.

Which is why the database build is important - will allow monero to run on tiny devices with little memory (raspberry pie). Next up is the smartminer to run the miner when the device (such as the Shield) is idle. Unfortunately looks like the Shield couldn't hold a full node (damn you blockchain!). But, if you own one, you could just have it mine (though you'd need to have it running a solominer pointed at a pool)

BUT the shield is built on the NVIDIA Maxwell architecture. 256 cores, which is about 1/3rd a 750 ti... so about 112 h/s if things scale by core #.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
bybitcoin

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:18:43 AM

IAS

They will catch on eventually.  Its unique codebase makes it a good hedge should flaws be found in the Bitcoin codebase.  Should this scenario manifest itself all Bitcoin based coins (DRK/ASH) would be rendered useless as well.

bitcoin
nxt
monero
bitshares

That is based on the bitcoin codebase, but heavily modified. Quite possibly the most heavily modified bitcoin fork.

LOL to your interpretation!
It uses a finite length blockchain model (the last N blocks), consisting of tx blocks, headers, account tree.. Also 7 different hashing algorithms.
Unless you recall any POW a bitcoin fork, your interpretation is quite unfair.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:42:04 AM

IAS

They will catch on eventually.  Its unique codebase makes it a good hedge should flaws be found in the Bitcoin codebase.  Should this scenario manifest itself all Bitcoin based coins (DRK/ASH) would be rendered useless as well.

bitcoin
nxt
monero
bitshares

It uses a finite length blockchain model (the last N blocks), consisting of tx blocks, headers, account tree.. Also 7 different hashing algorithms.

It's not an interpretation.
bybitcoin

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:46:11 AM

IAS

bitcoin
nxt
monero
bitshares

It's not an interpretation.
As you wish!
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:59:28 AM

IAS

bitcoin
nxt
monero
bitshares

What do you suppose the first and second copyright notices indicate?

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 12:03:04 PM

^^^ SLAM  Shocked

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
bybitcoin

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:12:11 PM

IAS

bitcoin
nxt
monero
bitshares

What do you suppose the first and second copyright notices indicate?

You can use some part of bitcoin code and still create a new thing, not a fork.
By your way, monero is a fork of bytecoin. Isn't it?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:17:58 PM

You can use some part of bitcoin code and still create a new thing, not a fork.

In software engineering, a project fork happens when developers take a copy of source code from one software package and start independent development on it, creating a distinct and separate piece of software.

By your way, monero is a fork of bytecoin. Isn't it?

Correct. Originally more of a clone with a fair relaunch and some parameter tweaks, but quite diverged by now.
thelibertycap

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 12:50:24 PM

nice Smiley
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:14:31 PM

When the internet of things replaces current models,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xOK2aJ-0Js (a very quick 10 minutes),

it will need to be private based on the need for DAC's to fulfill orders instantly without a third party being able to intercept drones by way of blockchain analysis. The counter argument would be that security drones would do the dirty work of protecting these drones or drones would use surreptitious routes to avoid being intercepted, but this is terribly inefficient when compared to just having the orders take place on a private blockchain, or misses that the more important the order, the more likely all three methods would be used for security.

Pages: « 1 ... 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 [1068] 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 ... 2124 »
  Print  

Jump to: