Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667061 times)
Bossteck

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:36:36 PM

http://mon.hashharder.com -  0% Fee - Need miners!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:37:16 PM

I hope Darksend Masternode investors did their homework on Ring Signature technology. When coins already exist (Monero) that are more anonymous than Darkcoin/Darksend without requiring centralized nodes only accessible to those rich enough to afford the arbitrary amount, it stands to topple your whole system.

Monero is like a decentralized Darkcoin if you think about it.

This  Smiley
Price will go easy over 0.01

Funny, because Monero's Ring Signatues have horrible scaling/bloating issues.

Darkcoin's Masternodes are already as anonymous as the Ring Sigs, and don't forget Evan is going to implement Ring Sigs and I2P. Monero is left behind in the dust.

Get the fuck out with that instamined shitcoin.

+1.

DRK coin panic buyers are scared they are soon to be bag holders.

Whatever way you look at it Monero is grossly undervalued at present.
suchnekky

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:38:55 PM

monero is love. monero is life.

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:43:18 PM

I hope Darksend Masternode investors did their homework on Ring Signature technology. When coins already exist (Monero) that are more anonymous than Darkcoin/Darksend without requiring centralized nodes only accessible to those rich enough to afford the arbitrary amount, it stands to topple your whole system.

This  Smiley

Darkcoin's Masternodes are already as anonymous as the Ring Sigs, and don't forget Evan is going to implement Ring Sigs and I2P. Monero is left behind in the dust.

Evan already basically admited he can't implement ring signatures.

Monero has Ring Signatures, and now go away in your thread Darkcoin Troll.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 05:43:43 PM

This  Smiley

Evan already basically admited he can't implement ring signatures

RC3 Progress Report

I've had some substantial progress on DarkSend and have figured out how to make our existing system as secure as ring signatures. Vastly improved security, no bloat (from the ring signatures) and without actually having to trust new cryptography (it hasn't been extensively tested like what DarkSend uses) . So I think it'll give us a HUGE advantage in the coming months. More to come soon, I'm going to start implementing this tomorrow.  Grin

Nice lie. Evan says he plans to implement Ring Signatures after Darkcoin is open sourced, which will be a few months from now, rougly august.

He's also going to implement I2P as well. Monero is left in the dust.

I told Evan to reconsider the use of ring signature due to their scaling / bloat issue a bit prior to his post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6862900#msg6862900

If he can do it without ring signatures+bloat, we're great.

What we are actually discussing right now is this:

99.99% of transactions are already private/anonymous to all but a bad actor that has access to all the network. Otherwise if someone sees a DarkSend they don't know who sent what to who. (provided they'll also have IP obfuscation / TOR etc)

So, we are not talking about achieving privacy or anonymity right now. We're trying to be NSA-proof, or close to that so that the theoretical event of someone knowing what goes on is eradicated. As far as I understand, Evan has an idea on how to improve the way masternodes conduct their transactions so that even the nodes don't know what they are transacting. When that happens, even controlling all the nodes will be futile as an attack vector and almost total anonymity can be achieved - at least as far as coin mixing goes (Bytecoin is also coin-mixing, Zerocoin is in another league but has other drawbacks).

Bytecoin will also have to fix it's own issues to become NSA-proof. As it is right now, it is not. And the extremely low transaction volume in its network doesn't allow for much mixing (same applies for clones). Mixing without volume = problem. Darkcoin has a tremendous advantage in that department.
xulescu

Activity: 263

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:05:12 PM

I told Evan to reconsider the use of ring signature due to their scaling / bloat issue a bit prior to his post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6862900#msg6862900

99.99% of transactions are already private/anonymous to all but a bad actor that has access to all the network. Otherwise if someone sees a DarkSend they don't know who sent what to who. (provided they'll also have IP obfuscation / TOR etc)

So, we are not talking about achieving privacy or anonymity right now. We're trying to be NSA-proof, or close to that so that the theoretical event of someone knowing what goes on is eradicated. As far as I understand, Evan has an idea on how to improve the way masternodes conduct their transactions so that even the nodes don't know what they are transacting. When that happens, even controlling all the nodes will be futile as an attack vector and almost total anonymity can be achieved - at least as far as coin mixing goes (Bytecoin is also coin-mixing, Zerocoin is in another league but has other drawbacks).

Bytecoin will also have to fix it's own issues to become NSA-proof. As it is right now, it is not. And the extremely low transaction volume in its network doesn't allow for much mixing (same applies for clones). Mixing without volume = problem. Darkcoin has a tremendous advantage in that department.

Masternodes are such a blatantly broken idea I cannot imagine someone encourages it in good faith. How do masternodes/miners/whoever verify if a coin is not double spent and originates from a wallet with sufficient balance if they don't know what they are transacting? There are three options:

1. Zero-knowledge proofs, but that is Zerocoin at the moment and the drawbacks are catastrophic.
2. Ring signatures and similar mixing constructs that hide the sender in a subset of the network.
3. Some other information leak that is not documented.

Do you understand why there is no other way?

If the New and Improved DRK implements 2, then it has at most the same strength as MRO and possibly less, with the added bonus(?) of more, unnecessary centralization. If it implements 3, then it is a failed anonymity solution. The short answer is that ring signatures are cryptographically near-perfect mixing and no Bitcoin fork can ever natively support them.

As for your last paragraph, it is factually wrong. MRO does not need high volume because it doesn't mix transactions but outputs (even spent ones from the past). This is a tremendous advantage that MRO has and DRK doesn't, contrary to your assertion. And even gmaxwell, author of CoinJoin, sees no point in DRK.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:09:46 PM

Masternodes are such a blatantly broken idea I cannot imagine someone encourages it in good faith. How do masternodes/miners/whoever verify if a coin is not double spent and originates from a wallet with sufficient balance if they don't know what they are transacting? There are three options:

1. Zero-knowledge proofs, but that is Zerocoin at the moment and the drawbacks are catastrophic.
2. Ring signatures and similar constructs that hide the sender in a subset of the network.

If the New and Improved DRK implements 2, then it has at most the same strength as MRO and possibly less, with the added bonus(?) of more, unnecessary centralization. If it implements 3, then it is a failed anonymity solution.

+1.

Darksend also needs to be open sourced asap so it can be thoroughly vetted.
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:12:19 PM

2. Ring signatures and similar constructs that hide the sender in a subset of the network.

If the New and Improved DRK implements 2, then it has at most the same strength as MRO and possibly less, with the added bonus(?) of more, unnecessary centralization. If it implements 3, then it is a failed anonymity solution.

Your post shows how misinformed/ignorant you are.

Masternodes are an ingenius idea.

They serve to anonymous transactions
They serve as an incentive to uphold the network

Monero only has Ring Signatures going for it, which has terrible issues such as bloating and scaling, not to mention that anyone and his grandma can made a Bytecoin fork, like the devs of Monero did.
mige

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:12:35 PM

Can anyone confirm is MRO automatic withdrawal on Poloniex working or not ? I want to buy some more but really hate to request manual withdrawal.
Sometimes it's working and sometimes it's not working. Yesterday I waited 9 hours for my withdraw to be processed.

Just sent 20 min ago, . NO incoming deposits.....  
Today on my second machines , i sent MRO , and after 1 minute a see incoming transaction on poloniex.
blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280

Who cares?

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:15:55 PM

Monero only has Ring Signatures going for it, which has terrible issues such as bloating and scaling, not to mention that anyone and his grandma can made a Bytecoin fork, like the devs of Monero did.

This issue with bloating is possibly resolvable according to the boolberry dev through blockchain truncation.  There are ways around this issue and I'm sure they'll be discovered and implemented in due time.
TTM

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:16:11 PM

About Darksend, masternodes act as centralized mixing service. What will happen if some masternodes is operated or compromised by NSA or other federal agencies ? All transaction processed by those masternodes would be leaked and there will be no more privacy.

The idea of masternodes are destroying the whole purpose of cryptocurrency: decentralization.

The most notable characteristic of crypto currency is trustless, you don't have to trust anyone with your money. By using masternodes, darkcoin users have to trust them not to be NSA-operated or not to take log and give it to the government. That idea is against the purpose of cryptocurrency.
mr_random
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:16:27 PM

17 posts made by you in this topic in the last 24 hours, all bashing Monero and trying to spread fud  Cheesy

Have much of an agenda?
Xdragon

Activity: 543

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:18:28 PM

Can anyone confirm is MRO automatic withdrawal on Poloniex working or not ? I want to buy some more but really hate to request manual withdrawal.
Sometimes it's working and sometimes it's not working. Yesterday I waited 9 hours for my withdraw to be processed.

Just sent 20 min ago, . NO incoming deposits.....  
Today on my second machines , i sent MRO , and after 1 minute a see incoming transaction on poloniex.
Yesterday monero had many problems on poloniex,I saw it was frozen several times. your coins are probably safe, just wait, and save your transaction details.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:18:38 PM

Monero only has Ring Signatures going for it, which has terrible issues such as bloating and scaling

That is all Monero needs, a little bloat and scaling issues for now are a side effect of having a proper anonymous network.

Darkcoin can have both bad actors and the masternodes can be DDOS'd at any time forcing traffic to a bad actor.

Monero is the peoples anonymous coin.
doo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:18:56 PM

Darkcoin started  life as xcoin on January 18th with 80mil max coins then was  re-branded Xcoin XCO, then later to Darkcoin and max supply reduced to 22mil.
The dev is very sorry that he sits on 2 million instamined coins (~10%) because the block rewards were "erroneously" set to 500 instead of 50. Currently 4.3mil are mined.
No Windows or Mac wallet on launch and no pools.
Early google searches of "Darkcoin", lead you to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT coin with a total coin count of something like 100,000,000,000,000,000 units and an abandoned thread as the top search results, mostly since that coin came before the existing one.

It fraudulently claims to be the first anonymous coin, it is not,  its Bytecoin for 2 years now.

Is this true?
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:20:12 PM

17 posts made by you in this topic in the last 24 hours, all bashing Monero and trying to spread fud  Cheesy
Have much of an agenda?

lol. good catch. He must be a major investor protecting his assets. With that said, the past 25 pages of this thread has been a DRK/MRO pissing contest. I thought we agreed to stop discussing this.
TTM

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:22:57 PM

Darkcoin started  life as xcoin on January 18th with 80mil max coins then was  re-branded Xcoin XCO, then later to Darkcoin and max supply reduced to 22mil.
The dev is very sorry that he sits on 2 million instamined coins (~10%) because the block rewards were "erroneously" set to 500 instead of 50. Currently 4.3mil are mined.
No Windows or Mac wallet on launch and no pools.
Early google searches of "Darkcoin", lead you to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT coin with a total coin count of something like 100,000,000,000,000,000 units and an abandoned thread as the top search results, mostly since that coin came before the existing one.

It fraudulently claims to be the first anonymous coin, it is not,  its Bytecoin for 2 years now.

Is this true?

yes, it's true. Darkcoin block reward was reduced to 1/10 of previous value after 2 million coins was instamined by .... someone  Grin
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:27:17 PM

Have much of an agenda?

lol. good catch. He must be a major investor protecting his assets. With that said, the past 25 pages of this thread has been a DRK/MRO pissing contest. I thought we agreed to stop discussing this.

Please do stop. People come here looking for information about MRO. Also, if you think you are going to win an argument or even score meaningful points against the haters, trolls, and FUDsters, you are mistaken. Just let it go. If you want to have a pissing contest, bash DRK (even if deserved), or do anything else not directly related to MRO, please do it somewhere else.

(Not addressed to you personally SFT.)

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:38:26 PM

2. Ring signatures and similar mixing constructs that hide the sender in a subset of the network.

We'll find out what Evan has in store. I'm not coding the thing. I read something about the users doing the mixing

If the New and Improved DRK implements 2, then it has at most the same strength as MRO and possibly less, with the added bonus(?) of more, unnecessary centralization. If it implements 3, then it is a failed anonymity solution. The short answer is that ring signatures are cryptographically near-perfect mixing and no Bitcoin fork can ever natively support them.

Native support is not a requirement.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 06:39:09 PM

Monero only has Ring Signatures going for it, which has terrible issues such as bloating and scaling

That is all Monero needs, a little bloat and scaling issues for now are a side effect of having a proper anonymous network.

lol. Anyone talking about bloat should go see how many weeks it would take to synch the BTC blockchain from scratch. ffs.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: