Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:43:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667230 times)
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:48:06 PM

It seems you forget a critical point that CryptoNote is a totally new code base, you can't just simply copy Bitcoin GUI client just like Darkcoin and other Bitcoin clones are doing.

:facepalm:

i'm a developer, what are you talking?
It seems you never developed something.

like i said

The devs and community are waiting intentionally for make a true accessibility, because they want to mine a tons of this coin before anybody. Alot of peoples know it

You came here promoting Darkcoin and bashing Monero just because of the "GUI wallet". Darkcoin was also released without Qt at first. So what's your point ?

You are talking bullshit Smiley because i was here the first day of darkcoin Wink

And i said i mine monero but this coin start badly.

I like how the non-coder peoples are trying to blame me xD

I was on the darkcoin launch and there was NO QT

Since were on the talk about dark, shall we talk about the instamine?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aeiry82

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:56:45 PM

What about the discussion of the future emission of this coin?
As drawingthesun stated there should be a guideline more soonish than later. I guess this uncertainty currently hurts Monero a lot.
Because big investors want to know what they are investing in. Uncertainty is the worst that can happen.
And I think it is not only about the investors but about the time window for Monero to establish as THE reliable anonymous coin.
Although I don't think DRK or some other coin will establish in this niche overnight I sense that there is no time to loose.

Considering myself I would be very cautious with a too high inflation. 1% is a lot as time goes by!
I think the constant emission model (1 MRO per 2 minute block) is really nice.
Gablez

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:59:29 PM

Looks like a good buy right now, the price will likely push up the next 24 hours.

TTM

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:04:47 PM

As drawingthesun stated there should be a guideline more soonish than later. I guess this uncertainty currently hurts Monero a lot.
Because big investors want to know what they are investing in. Uncertainty is the worst that can happen.
And I think it is not only about the investors but about the time window for Monero to establish as THE reliable anonymous coin.
Although I don't think DRK or some other coin will establish in this niche overnight I sense that there is no time to loose.

Considering myself I would be very cautious with a too high inflation. 1% is a lot as time goes by!

The emission rate is likely to stay the same. The change would be insreased block time to 2 minutes but rewards also increased to keep up with original rate. I totally support this.

Reducing emission rate by now would only scare away new adopters and miners, because these people see this as unfair and "instamine".

The "1 MRO per 2 min block" talk was about the producing rate AFTER 18 million coins was mined (a very far future)
aeiry82

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:13:38 PM

The emission rate is likely to stay the same. The change would be insreased block time to 2 minutes but rewards also increased to keep up with original rate. I totally support this.

Reducing emission rate by now would only scare away new adopters and miners, because these people see this as unfair and "instamine".

The "1 MRO per 2 min block" talk was about the producing rate AFTER 18 million coins was mined (a very far future)

I know that this issue is far in the future. But I believe that this aspect is an important one to solve because it has a great impact on the coins basics.
And after coming up with a sub-optimal emission curve (it is too steep) at least this should be done right.

Side question: How far into the future would it be to hit 1 MRO / 2 minutes with the emission curve?
emontmon

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:15:39 PM

Could the dev team here let us know what's needed to accelerate development of a user-friendly GUI wallet and easy exchange transfers - the absence of this is apparently hurting the coin.

It's technically superior to DRK and anyone else's anon tech - shame for something as minor as this to be holding it back.

disagree with this. lack of gui wallet has not held us back. on the contrary. it has clearly established itself as unique. lack of wallet is now part of its history. community comming together and created a bounty for the wallet is also part of what makes this coin great. people comming together and slowly building a community and culture.

this coin has not been held back at all. look at hash rate. look at postion on coin market cap. held back compared to what. grass roots build up is what will solidify this coin in the cryptocurrency market.

thanks
Quanttek

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:15:42 PM

All simulations start after the initial 18,000,000 have been minted (I know it's not exactly 18,000,000, but it makes little difference.)

(Matlab code included in case I screwed up the math or something)

1 MRO released every 120 seconds
http://pastebin.com/UWLVZaam

1 MRO released every 60 seconds
http://pastebin.com/dkVYBFj3

0.33333333 MRO released every 60 seconds.
http://pastebin.com/GwQJQzje

Inflation at 1%
http://pastebin.com/3K0dMnZe

Inflation at 0.5%
http://pastebin.com/6tJtdrqP

Also, for fun times, Inflation at 5%
http://pastebin.com/z5vmmW3z

As you might see, 1MRO is at the first years much more inflation than 1%. I personally would suggest an variable inflation in % between 0.2 and 1.5 based on tx-fees and difficulty

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:28:06 PM

You are a liar.  darkcoin was launched without a qt wallet and was linux only.  That is facts.  darkcoin was also instamined because of supposedly difficulty issues.  There were 500 coin blocks every second for hours.

Monero launched as bitmonero was a fair launch.  It's just that nobody took it seriously because it was command line.  So the first people that started mining got coins.  Once people saw what the coin was then everyone started mining and difficulty went way up.  I was mining in beginning when difficulty was under 200000.  Lots of coins but everyone had a chance to see the ANN and start mining.

The darkcoin wallet was released faster than monero, by the devs (yes.. with monero is the community who will make a GUI, it's strange i think.. some questions, like why the community and not the devs?)

The unaccessibility of monero to public is like a non pre-ann.

ps: but why talk about darkcoin? darkcoin was just a example of new coin...

Haha Darkcoin has no code, it is a clone.
It is 100% marketing and spamming.

Once Darkcoin fall, it'll never recover.

Lol, Darkcoin is not a clone, it was the first x11 coin.
I remember you, yes you are this french guy who blame and diffame all the others coins because you invested in the nextcoin lol now you do the same with monero.

Now you said:

I'm 50% Monero / 50% Boolberry. The rest must die.

haha, you are a dumbass, see how you don't know how invest like a boss. In 3 months you will said "I'm 100% randomcoin, the rest must die".
Even if i think than monero is a good investissement, you was wrong about nxt Cheesy

Also i'm not here for talk about darkcoin. It was just a example... don't cry or be jealous, like i said monero can be the best, actually is not, cause of unaccessibility.

I'm mining Monero, so now stop create a competition between Monero and Darkcoin

Darkcoin wallet was released faster than Monero?  You are wrong again.  Monero HAD a windows wallet on release.  It was command line but it was available on launch. 

If your not here to talk about darkcoin then why bring up?

Lots of doubletalk from you.  Makes me laugh because you funny clown is all.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
emontmon

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:28:13 PM

The darkcoin wallet was released faster than monero, by the devs (yes.. with monero is the community who will make a GUI, it's strange i think.. some questions, like why the community and not the devs?)

The unaccessibility of monero to public is like a non pre-ann.

[/quote]

first: the "devs" are the community. there is no paid dev for this coin. The developers of the techonology are the cryptonote group. This clearly outlines your ignorance.

second: re UN-accessibility as you put it. this is not true either. there are many people in this coin who have never been involved in crypto currencie. reviewing the thread would clarify this for you. I am one of them. The coin I feel is very accessible.

please. no more FUD. If you feel dark is better stay there and educate new commers to your coin. I doubt you will change anybodies mind regarding monero at this stage.

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:33:45 PM

Serious investors simply diversify among all the CryptoNote coins...
It's waaaaay too early to be picking winners.
sonoIO

Activity: 209

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:46:09 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 07:22:45 PM by sonoIO

I've been following discussion in this topic about whether or not to have a fixed inflation, and how much it should be. I am not economist
 but it is only natural to have fixed inflation in some equilibrium. The amount of inflation depends strongly on entropy
 production e.i. efficiency of the processes of the world we currently live in (now is rather high because wars and corruption among others I suppose). I don't mean here just production by miners, but our World as a whole. If one finds proper metrics for entropy production (at the current state of the development and utilization of energy flows) I suppose that block size can be made such that value of the coin stays rather constant in time (if there are no to strong influence by speculators)... But I've been wrong before. Before that metrics, I vote for 1% Smiley

BTW, how does one compile Monero daemon without UPnP?
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:13:58 PM

Is it possible to solomine with cpuminer-multi ?? which port to use??

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Quanttek

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:30:03 PM

For that you have to use the wallet/daemon: Just type "start_mining NUMBER OF THREADS" into your wallet and he will start solo mining

Enthusiast. Neither trader, nor miner and also no big investor.
Community Manager for Monero
PM if you need mine to exchange or anti-cheat algorithm for node-cryptonote-pool
emontmon

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:33:17 PM

For that you have to use the wallet/daemon: Just type "start_mining NUMBER OF THREADS" into your wallet and he will start solo mining

think the reason he/she was asking is because cpu miner is slightly more efficient than simple miner. by 10 percent i believe.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 07:34:31 PM

Could the dev team here let us know what's needed to accelerate development of a user-friendly GUI wallet and easy exchange transfers - the absence of this is apparently hurting the coin.

It's technically superior to DRK and anyone else's anon tech - shame for something as minor as this to be holding it back.

You can't accelerate it - with more people working on it you have diminishing returns (and, more likely, negative returns) as they need to communicate constantly with each other to ensure they are working on different parts of it. You need a very small, very tight-knit group of UI/UX/C/C++/Qt developers to attack this, and that is what we have. If this was my team and I were talking to a client I'd tell them that it's 3-4 months of work to do it properly.

dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:35:08 PM

think the reason he/she was asking is because cpu miner is slightly more efficient than simple miner. by 10 percent i believe.

While true if your wanting to solo mine without a pool you need a fair few hashes to stand a chance at finding a block. If you have that sort of hashing power then you would be better off hosting your own private pool or joining another one. It doesn't make much sense to solo mine on a single desktop/laptop processor.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 07:36:11 PM

It's not possible without running the daemon + pool software locally (or in your own private pool).

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:43:13 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2014, 07:55:19 PM by Johnny Mnemonic

Cryptocurrencies face a number of future problems, including but not limited to:

- transaction witholding attacks
- centralized distribution via lending of promisory notes (back to fiat)
- transaction fee escalations
- network centralization of wealth

These issues can all be solved or greatly mitigated with a reasonable, fixed inflation. There are no other solutions that I know of that are nearly as elegant.

I positively disbelieve that reasonable fixed inflation can solve any of these which are not solved by constant-reward inflation.

If there is discussion, I think it should be in the Monero Economy thread.

It is all too likely to devolve into a Keynesians vs Austrians imbroglio:  As humans, oftentimes our micro-issues reflect our strategies for rationalizing our macro-ideologies.

The problem I see with constant-reward inflation is that if we expect the network and transaction volume to grow over time, then we can expect the value to perpetually trend upward and never stabalize (more work, same reward).  A fixed percentage block reward, if sufficient, leaves little incentive for transaction witholding attacks and spiraling fees.  I actually think the best solution is a variable, "smart" inflation based on volume/hashrate that you and I talked about in the economy thread. However, that brings its own challenges and I feel a 1% debasement to be a reasonable first step.

A finite money supply is the exact cause of the four issues stated above, and constant-reward inflation is just a fancy-pants way of making a finite money supply look like it isn't finite.  The significance of that static block reward will perpetually drop until we're right back in the same situation.  The block reward must always be proportionally significant, or we will have a problem.
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:50:26 PM

It's not possible without running the daemon + pool software locally (or in your own private pool).

So there's no way to combine cpuminer-multi with the synced daemon  Sad

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
33zer0w0lf

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 08:22:54 PM

Come visit and mine with us at Extremepool.org

Pool running latest Daemon at http://mro.extremepool.org!!!

http://www.extremepool.org (BCN) (MRO) (QCN) (XDN) (BBR) (AEON) (ORION) (DSH) (CRR) (INF8)
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: