Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:02:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:25:57 AM

Well it appears that "clients_of_amt" sure hear a lot sitting in the waiting room. But since they shipped out miners they knew didn't work or could put their customers in danger combined with the fact that were vocal about not cooperating with those customers who sent in complaints I wonder if I should have them brought up on charges of attempted homicide.

Either way I'll have to send the picture of my burnt up chip to the attorneys handling the class action.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:32:05 AM

Well it appears that "clients_of_amt" sure hear a lot sitting in the waiting room. But since they shipped out miners they knew didn't work or could put their customers in danger combined with the fact that were vocal about not cooperating with those customers who sent in complaints I wonder if I should have them brought up on charges of attempted homicide.

Either way I'll have to send the picture of my burnt up chip to the attorneys handling the class action.

Ya they better hope they have all there certifications in order or they are going to be in even worse shape.
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:42:47 AM

Wouldn't it be IMT since Mr. Swim said they made the boards?

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 03:52:24 AM

Posting this here because it was suspiciously deleted by a supposed customer of AMT.

Why would an AMT customer delete this?  Why would an AMT customer have so much detail.
That's why I locked the other thread. It was a suspicious thread pretending to be a customer's thread yet was self moderated and the account was new.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:03:07 AM

Thanks for that. Yea I think we have more than enough AMT threads Wink

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:03:22 AM

On Friday, I was at at the office and I spoke with jim about the solutions they planned to offer their clients. I overheard some talk about being silenced and how if the offered those solutions via their website as planned, they would be acting illegally and therefore could not do it.

<snip>
And that is the problem I have with class-actions. Those customers who are still willing to work with the defendant to resolve their complaints become shut out from the process.

Well, the class action is the process.  

Maybe you don't realize this,  but AMT has only responded to complaints when legal force was levered on them.

There are a lot of customers here that asking about their shipment.  They haven't even realized that there was a class action lawsuit that was created a month ago.  

Not everyone is willing to be as patient with the likes of AMT, as you are.

Why you'd be willing to continue to take AMT's word and do business with them, seems bizarre to me. Let's get refunds and move on.

Not sure why their legal council hasn't given AMT that advice (REFUND EVERYONE).

Like I mentioned in the other thread I spoke to a friend of mine who handles corporate law...sometimes class actions. He speculated based on what I showed him alot of the same stuff. They would be forced into silence to further avoid incriminating themselves. That much is pretty standard apparently. But the settlement and resolution is another matter entirely. We still don't know anything about that. I agree with what you are saying tho. Not taking them at their word. But at this point does not seem like there is going to be any more word to take them at for a while. I think tho the refund or compensation route is the way they going. Only logical conclusion on this.

That's right. Companies can be silenced and it does effect/get in the way of helping to resolve the issue at hand while there is still is time to resolve the issue, rather waiting weeks and weeks for lawyers to figure out how to get nothing from a company which seems to be pretty much under water.

I also overheard that there were major manufacturer problems. That the company in Southampton Pa, IMET technologies was the one to blame. That the company was given the design from bitmine and agreed to produce the miner based on bitmine's design specifications. That IMET ordered all the boards/components and boards for this production and seemed to overcharge AMT out the ass and didn't act correctly. AMT being more of middle men/salesmen trusted IMET to get the job done. Later AMT found out IMET used components from unreliable vendors, and that IMET tried to collect a larger margin on quick turn board pricing by ordering over 900 boards when their production capacity was less than 30 boards per day, completely eliminating the need for 900 boards to be ordered quick turn in the beginning. Also there seems to be a problem with the board itself that IMET ordered the wrong board specifications and that's why there are several problems to this day.

Also there were other problems there from manufacturers side, and AMT seemed to be up in arms about all of it. Again this was all from a conversation I overheard while sitting in their waiting room. The conversation went on to issues about how the manufacturer is currently holding the remainder of their components that were purchased for the production, that the boards themselves have an issue with them, and that they felt there was nothing they could do because IMET kept on increasing the bill over and over trying charge them ridiculous amounts for production, and then again to fix broken boards as well. That the bill was over 270K or higher, of which the majority had been paid, but IMET kept increasing the bill despite the bad production. and the amount of broken/non working boards has passed the 250 range and they are currently being held by AMT until they can figure out another solution for them.

But overall it seems AMT hired a manufacturer located in Southampton, who ordered the wrong components and overcharged the crap out of them, it seems they are holding the remainder of their components hostage for final payment.

Again - this is hearsay - and I am client of AMT. My name is Mr. Swim, my order # is 333.

Me thinks you overhead too much in an office that is too small to not over hear much.

Give me a break dude!

Suing IMET or even Bitmine.ch is not an issue customers care about.   We only care about a refund.

Besides,  why am I hearing the manufacturing problems from you and not from the source AMT?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:47:09 AM

Besides,  why am I hearing the manufacturing problems from you and not from the source AMT?

Because AMT knows they can't directly blame IMET, as that would be libel, and they'd just get sued again.

Buy & Hold
Squeeky62

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:02:23 AM

So if Craig wins the class action lawsuit, what happens?
rik_khaos

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:42:31 AM

So if Craig wins the class action lawsuit, what happens?

We all get a piece.

Squeeky62

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:08:18 AM

I hope we just get refunds and some.
rik_khaos

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:19:33 AM

I'd guess not likely.

If it goes to trial maybe, but then it depends on how much they can get out of them. That could include liquidating all assets as well as those of the AMTs principal owners if charges of fraud and found to be legit.

Then the lawyers get their cut, which will be hefty because they are working on contingency. Then it will be divided between everyone in the class who signs up and says they agree to the settlement or awarded damages.

You do have the ability to sue them independently if you don't agree with any settlement or award reached from the class action.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 09:25:41 AM

On Friday, I was at at the office and I spoke with jim about the solutions they planned to offer their clients. I overheard some talk about being silenced and how if the offered those solutions via their website as planned, they would be acting illegally and therefore could not do it.

<snip>
And that is the problem I have with class-actions. Those customers who are still willing to work with the defendant to resolve their complaints become shut out from the process.

Well, the class action is the process.  

Maybe you don't realize this,  but AMT has only responded to complaints when legal force was levered on them.

There are a lot of customers here that asking about their shipment.  They haven't even realized that there was a class action lawsuit that was created a month ago.  

Not everyone is willing to be as patient with the likes of AMT, as you are.

Why you'd be willing to continue to take AMT's word and do business with them, seems bizarre to me. Let's get refunds and move on.

Not sure why their legal council hasn't given AMT that advice (REFUND EVERYONE).

Like I mentioned in the other thread I spoke to a friend of mine who handles corporate law...sometimes class actions. He speculated based on what I showed him alot of the same stuff. They would be forced into silence to further avoid incriminating themselves. That much is pretty standard apparently. But the settlement and resolution is another matter entirely. We still don't know anything about that. I agree with what you are saying tho. Not taking them at their word. But at this point does not seem like there is going to be any more word to take them at for a while. I think tho the refund or compensation route is the way they going. Only logical conclusion on this.

That's right. Companies can be silenced and it does effect/get in the way of helping to resolve the issue at hand while there is still is time to resolve the issue, rather waiting weeks and weeks for lawyers to figure out how to get nothing from a company which seems to be pretty much under water.

I also overheard that there were major manufacturer problems. That the company in Southampton Pa, IMET technologies was the one to blame. That the company was given the design from bitmine and agreed to produce the miner based on bitmine's design specifications. That IMET ordered all the boards/components and boards for this production and seemed to overcharge AMT out the ass and didn't act correctly. AMT being more of middle men/salesmen trusted IMET to get the job done. Later AMT found out IMET used components from unreliable vendors, and that IMET tried to collect a larger margin on quick turn board pricing by ordering over 900 boards when their production capacity was less than 30 boards per day, completely eliminating the need for 900 boards to be ordered quick turn in the beginning. Also there seems to be a problem with the board itself that IMET ordered the wrong board specifications and that's why there are several problems to this day.

Also there were other problems there from manufacturers side, and AMT seemed to be up in arms about all of it. Again this was all from a conversation I overheard while sitting in their waiting room. The conversation went on to issues about how the manufacturer is currently holding the remainder of their components that were purchased for the production, that the boards themselves have an issue with them, and that they felt there was nothing they could do because IMET kept on increasing the bill over and over trying charge them ridiculous amounts for production, and then again to fix broken boards as well. That the bill was over 270K or higher, of which the majority had been paid, but IMET kept increasing the bill despite the bad production. and the amount of broken/non working boards has passed the 250 range and they are currently being held by AMT until they can figure out another solution for them.

But overall it seems AMT hired a manufacturer located in Southampton, who ordered the wrong components and overcharged the crap out of them, it seems they are holding the remainder of their components hostage for final payment.

Again - this is hearsay - and I am client of AMT. My name is Mr. Swim, my order # is 333.

Me thinks you overhead too much in an office that is too small to not over hear much.

Give me a break dude!

Suing IMET or even Bitmine.ch is not an issue customers care about.   We only care about a refund.

Posting this here because it was suspiciously deleted by a supposed customer of AMT.

Why would an AMT customer delete this?  Why would an AMT customer have so much detail.

Anyway,  looks like AMT is squeezed not only by the customers but also the manufacturer.

Wait a fuckin' minute! That last story by #333, above, is very similar to what Joshua Zipkin relaid to me in the parking lot at his office when I was about to leave. Josh was so pissed about that vendor, that the only thing that went through my mind was that he was goin' to somehow get outta paying the bill.

Odd!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 09:33:49 AM

Give me a break dude!

Order #333 is the source, name Joshua Zipkin. It's code. BTW, don't believe for one sec that he's goin' tell the truth using a pseudonym when he wasn't able to using AMT's name.
asprin

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:41:49 AM

So I see it as: AMT goes bankrupt and forced to liquidate whatever assets they have.  Everybody gets a settlement out of earnings from the action, that I'm sure was priced accordingly and openly.

FIN
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:17:55 AM

I'd guess not likely.

If it goes to trial maybe, but then it depends on how much they can get out of them. That could include liquidating all assets as well as those of the AMTs principal owners if charges of fraud and found to be legit.

Then the lawyers get their cut, which will be hefty because they are working on contingency. Then it will be divided between everyone in the class who signs up and says they agree to the settlement or awarded damages.

You do have the ability to sue them independently if you don't agree with any settlement or award reached from the class action.

I tend to agree here.  We likely are not going to be made whole at all.

However, I'm going to tell you this based on my experience interacting with AMT.   I doubt you'll get anything at all from AMT interacting with them individually.

I tried to make a deal with them about just getting 50 chips.  I couldn't even swing that deal!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:11:24 PM

I'd guess not likely.

However, I'm going to tell you this based on my experience interacting with AMT.   I doubt you'll get anything at all from AMT interacting with them individually.

I tried to make a deal with them about just getting 50 chips.  I couldn't even swing that deal!

Right now the lawsuit is not set as a class action yet. Right now its only presenting 3 individuals. If it does get class action status, then everyone is already a part of it. We don't have to join it. However you have the right to opt out of a class action.

But if it doesn't make it to class action status, then the only people getting payback will be the lawyers and the 3 original purchasers in the lawsuit.

So I'm looking at my own options since AMT is refusing to email me any type of professional response.
opieum2

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:58:19 PM

So that could actually mean only those people get made whole and the rest of us get nothing and have to go our own route? If thats the case then that sucks.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:33:02 AM

I'd guess not likely.

I tried to make a deal with them about just getting 50 chips.  I couldn't even swing that deal!

Unfortunately everyone not being made whole is a pretty good possibility.  ALL the lawyers are going to make the bank on this one sorry guys.

Look at this from a business PoV and what is likely at this point (all of this is my opinion)
1) They under capitalized the start up (BIG fucking no no in the real world, it makes piercing the corporate veil easier and incidentally one of the leading reasons why the corporate veil is pierced).
2) They spent a lot (or most) of the customer money on overhead, design/manufacture and inventory (another BIG fucking no no)
3) As a result of 1 & 2 they don't have money left for refunds without killing themselves
4) Legal problems that have potentially just begun, believe it or not the class action getting certified may just be the least of their legal troubles in the coming months and years.
5) NO NEW REVENUE AND BILLS PROBABLY PILING UP FAST. (I hope the owners aren't drawing a salary and I hope even more it's not a big fat one...)

Doesn't take a genius to see where this sorry sack of shit company is going.
opieum2

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:26:15 AM

I'd guess not likely.

Unfortunately everyone not being made whole is a pretty good possibility.  ALL the lawyers are going to make the bank on this one sorry guys.

Look at this from a business PoV and what is likely at this point (all of this is my opinion)
1) They under capitalized the start up (BIG fucking no no in the real world, it makes piercing the corporate veil easier and incidentally one of the leading reasons why the corporate veil is pierced).
2) They spent a lot (or most) of the customer money on overhead, design/manufacture and inventory (another BIG fucking no no)
3) As a result of 1 & 2 they don't have money left for refunds without killing themselves
4) Legal problems that have potentially just begun, believe it or not the class action getting certified may just be the least of their legal troubles in the coming months and years.
5) NO NEW REVENUE AND BILLS PROBABLY PILING UP FAST. (I hope the owners aren't drawing a salary and I hope even more it's not a big fat one...)

Doesn't take a genius to see where this sorry sack of shit company is going.

Excellent points....And very likley situation with not just them but everyone doing this. The pre-order "investomer" method just doesn't work. There has to be some funding to back all this up and to shore things up and cover losses. It was just poor business planning. Which does happen sadly. Unfortunately we (customers) are the ones paying the price now. Hopefully they find some way to make this right. But this is likely not happening.

Stan-O

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

Stan the Man!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:53:22 PM

Does anyone else get the funny feeling that this Mr. Swim is actually one of the AMT crew, trying to put some side-spin on this, while not coming out directly as being associated with AMT.  gag order prevents any further explanation/communication from AMT on this forum, and this Swim guy is just plain puzzling.  is it Jim or Josh, trying to make excuses and/or leak info, to buy time?  Alyssa turn on them?  the packaging guy got fed up with is $10/hr job and turned whistle blower?

doesn't make any sense at all.

also, this one is for Phinn, notice the order #333.  33 being the magic masonic number.  maybe its not a coincidence that it is a previously silent customer, with order #333, finally speaking out.

odd, very odd indeed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: