Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:52:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:08:31 PM

I was not expecting a delivery this morning, since I gave up reading the forums and lost all hope, but DHL knocked on my door and handed me a box with a miner inside. I have no idea how much mining power it has since I was on my way out and there was no information either, but I will power it up when I get home and post my results. I originally placed 2 orders with AMT, 580 and 650. I received the Kits but those don't work anymore, the chips stopped working one by one. The kits of 2 x 1.2TH/s only yielded 540GH/s at first and then died off. I asked AMT for RMAs but never received an answer in the past 2 months. So when I received this package today it was quite a surprise.

Well this is a positive development. Its something. Guess the next step is to see how it performs.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:20:34 AM

Intriguing post
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=569769.msg7962243#msg7962243

BE200 setup.

Incorporating modules into a different setup, also should been done by the end of the week.
is that this?? http://minersource.net/products/btc-garden-am-v1-310gh-bitcoin-miner-ships-7-11

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:32:18 PM

Bump: A reminder this is the non-moderated user thread for AMT hardware and the company's thread appears to be heavily moderated.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:47:34 AM

I have another idea for a way to make money with bitcoin.  (The previous one was posted to a Butterfly Labs thread.) 

Announce a somewhat-beyond-state-of-the-art miner product for, say, 5000$ apiece.  Collect payments for pre-orders. Stall for six months or more, until some other company starts shipping an equipment with the same performance for 2000$ apiece.  Buy those, stick your logo over their logo, and ship to clients.  Keep the other 3000$.

Do you think that this idea could work?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
YourPalToots (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:10:43 PM

Bump: A reminder this is the non-moderated user thread for AMT hardware and the company's thread appears to be heavily moderated.

It IS heavily moderated. Thanks for telling them how to do that.
opieum2

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:20:47 PM

It IS heavily moderated. Thanks for telling them how to do that.

Got to agree though. people do need to be aware. BUT a manufacturer should have a right to some degree to handle trolls, when someone comes on and starts going off on your ethnic and religious background instead of your product or busniess what does that have to do with the company? Addressing things on the merits of what is going on and point out WHY they would be a scam should be enough. Why drag the company's family members into it? And since the mods don't seem to hand out the banhammer for the anti-semetic comments (as far as can be seen) then yea having a self moderated thread is good.

That said I do agree it is WAY too heavy handed moderation. Legit complaints should be left to stand. Any posts (like ones insulting others, racist, or just general offtopic items) should go away.

YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:09:02 PM

Any posts (like ones insulting others, racist, or just general offtopic items) should go away.

should be handled by the mods
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:55:57 AM

Any posts (like ones insulting others, racist, or just general offtopic items) should go away.

should be handled by the mods

That isn't how it works here in Deadwood.  Fucked up? Yup but that's just the way it is.

Not sure who figured it was a good idea on a public forum to allow a company to "self moderate" a thread but man it sure doesn't take much to imagine that such an ability might get misused...
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:09:45 AM

Not sure who figured it was a good idea on a public forum to allow a company to "self moderate" a thread but man it sure doesn't take much to imagine that such an ability might get misused...

It was ckolivas who told them to lock the original thread and start a new self moderated thread.
opieum2

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:20:58 AM

Yea mods should be modding but likely they can't or just won't.  But yea self moderated just asks for this a few other vendors are doing this as well. 

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:23:24 PM

It was ckolivas who told them to lock the original thread and start a new self moderated thread.

While I agree it was definitely silly for Conman to suggest closing the original and opening a new SM thread and it's pretty likely the AMT guys aren't quite sharp enough to have figured it out on their own, It's still Admins fault for allowing SM threads in the first place.

It's like Deadwood here man, I've been here a while and it's still all completely foreign and fucking weird to me...
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:47:04 AM

AMT continues their hypocritical behavior. Calls a customer a "douche bag", yet deletes a post calling them the same thing.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Lets post some more pictures so we can make clenell look like a douche bag.

You took $6000 in payment, and you might deliver a $1000 machine. You treated most of your customers like ass with lies and failed promises. You'll always be a far bigger douche than clenell could ever be.

Buy & Hold
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 10:51:14 AM

AMT continues their hypocritical behavior. Calls a customer a "douche bag", yet deletes a post calling them the same thing.

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

You took $6000 in payment, and you might deliver a $1000 machine. You treated most of your customers like ass with lies and failed promises. You'll always be a far bigger douche than clenell could ever be.

Is it any wonder they deleted your post?  You're basically giving away their ONLY IP for free.  I hope you can't sleep at night knowing that you are now responsible for destroying AMT's business...  Well not entirely your fault, I mean PG, Clenell and IMET also helped ruin AMT.  Hell if it wasn't for you lot AMT would have delivered on time, in spec and would be a dominant market force instead of the complete and utter fucking joke it is today. Wink

This is the kind of innovation AMT brings to the table, I am waiting with baited breath for their next innovation, I bet it will be something never before seen like re-selling cloud mining contracts or re-selling bare chips, whatever it is it'll be AWESOME we know that from their history!!!!!  Cheesy
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:33:11 PM

While I agree it was definitely silly for Conman to suggest closing the original and opening a new SM thread and it's pretty likely the AMT guys aren't quite sharp enough to have figured it out on their own, It's still Admins fault for allowing SM threads in the first place.

It's like Deadwood here man, I've been here a while and it's still all completely foreign and fucking weird to me...

It's one thing for the mods to allow it but when the mods encourage it as in this case, makes me wonder.
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:05:28 PM

It's one thing for the mods to allow it but when the mods encourage it as in this case, makes me wonder.

the moderator was a complete fucking asshole for encouraging it and allowing it in the first place. makes you wonder what kind of skin in the game they got.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 11:06:45 PM

Is it any wonder they deleted your post?  You're basically giving away their ONLY IP for free.  I hope you can't sleep at night knowing that you are now responsible for destroying AMT's business...  Well not entirely your fault, I mean PG, Clenell and IMET also helped ruin AMT.  Hell if it wasn't for you lot AMT would have delivered on time, in spec and would be a dominant market force instead of the complete and utter fucking joke it is today. Wink

This is the kind of innovation AMT brings to the table, I am waiting with baited breath for their next innovation, I bet it will be something never before seen like re-selling cloud mining contracts or re-selling bare chips, whatever it is it'll be AWESOME we know that from their history!!!!!  Cheesy

this made me laugh

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:19:49 AM

The reason why they allow and encourage self moderated threads is simple. The thread is under your control and you can use it to make announcements and updates and keep it clean and don't have to close the thread, while taking some work off their hands. What is more mods rarely delete crap posts here, more often just ban the spammers , but leave their crap for others to read (which I don't condone.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:14:36 PM

It's now been well over half a year and we still have nothing to show for it... If anyone actually thinks AMT is going to give you ANYTHING I advise you think again... They stole $13k from me and plenty more from other customers. If you place an order from AMT then expect to get empty promises, ignored emails and voicemails, complete lack of respect and professionalism - but don't expect any mining hardware.

Since AMt deletes all my posts anyway I wonder how long will it take AMT to delete THIS one?
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:18:35 PM

Hey AMT_
Any news on my refund of 27k?
thanks!
J.
YourPalToots (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:19:05 PM

Anyone receive an AMT miner today? I think now is when they should be dropping as per AMT's post.

no. nothing as usual.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: