Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

For those who got miners feel free to post your own experiences and hashrates in the review thread I created. It would make sense to see how consistent performance is with them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=752116.0

For the most part this is just to get some data on the hardware itself from those who have gotten their order. Again regardless of all the other drama and MPP issues we can improve on this on our own. I am looking at the image and will post a complete image dump up later tonight for community review. If your AMT miner is underperforming that would be good to know as well. Since support is almost non-existent, at least we can help each other out. As I have said before I believe in the open source model and sharing info helps us all. Not everyone shares this mentality, but I have seen it work and try to apply it.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:07:29 AM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

I would never want to void the miner, by breaking any clauses in the terms of sale.

Speaking of the terms of sale,

"AMT warrants that its Product(s) will, at the time of shipment and for a period of ninety days thereafter, be free from defects in components and workmanship. "

I'm pretty sure that the PSU is a component as you specifically list it as one in the terms of sale. The proper installation of the PSU would be workmanship on your part.

I do believe you are in violation of your own terms of sale.

It's ok though because you've given yourself an option.

"Buyer must advise AMT in writing of any claims within the warranty period, obtain AMT’s return authorization, and return the Product(s) to a facility or location directed by AMT. If the Product(s) are not as warranted, AMT shall, at AMT’s option, either refund the purchase price of the Product."

Oddly you only gave your self one option, which is to refund the purchase price of the product. I thought the other option would have been a repair, but I'll take that refund right now please.

image upload
[/quote]

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
opieum2

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:09:28 PM

Posted in the event it gets deleted. This was monumentally shitty judgement on AMT's part. But at least its a resolvable issue. Hopefully this helps a few people get up and running.

FYI for anyone working on the networking, check the sticker on the back of the miner by the ethernet port. That is the IP. 1.X (a number is there) In my case it was 1.59 and 1.67 which were the static IPs assigned to the machines. They are NOT using a uniform IP. IF there is no sticker the same number will be written on the SDcard as well which requires opening the case and pulling it. That should solve a number of issues. I made this discovery after wondering what the numbers meant and then looking at the actual linux configs for the miner software from another machine.

IF you are comfortable with linux and have access to a linux machine (or a VMware player/workstation) you can mount the SDcard in there and find the /etc/network/interfaces file and edit the file to your desired IP. You will note it matches exactly with the outside numbers as well. However its also possible neither is available so the mounting SDcard method is the last resort.

rik_khaos

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:12:15 PM

Holy hell, it really does sound like a damn vacuum cleaner,my wife will not be pleased.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:38:16 PM

Holy hell, it really does sound like a damn vacuum cleaner,my wife will not be pleased.

Tell her how much money the scammers at AMT cost you and she'll probably forget about the jet engine noise   Sad
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:45:13 AM

Tell her how much money the scammers at AMT cost you and she'll probably forget about the jet engine noise   Sad

"Thanks to AMT my wife left me, so I'm out shopping for love in all the right places."
rik_khaos

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:55:44 PM

Lol, wow that didn't take to long. http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/amt-ceo-joshua-zipkin-naughty-nice-list/2014/08/25

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:12:28 PM

And, the fucker takes it as an endorsement!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=756280.0

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:14:23 PM

Joshua received my inquiry for comment and replied to my editor with the following:

We just received a very disturbing message from the email below, is this person associated with your news site?

What the writer is referring to is a falsified chat which has been spread around the forum by a troll named Bruno Kucinskas who constantly makes antisemitic, racial and [prejudice] allegations against myself and our company and has done acts like this daily basis, almost  everyday for the last 8 months. They’ve pushed us to the point where we actually have to release tracking numbers on our thread [so that] they shut up. I never participated in any Skype chat. Again, I never wrote, attended, or participated in that fake chat.

Someone spent a lot of time on this, and [they're] going to great lengths to hurt our reputation by creating some fake Skype chat and claiming that I wrote there. I think this is because we are releasing our new miners. Our reputation is bad enough due to the harassment we receive every day on that forum. We don’t need it from a reputable crypto news site as well. We’ve understood there are few other people involved that work in the miner hosting arena who are trying hurt our rep, but we don’t know who they are exactly. We are due to launch our hosting next week, maybe that’s what brought this on Bruno’s more frequent attacks. Because it’s [a] less than $1 per Ghs hosted-solution could be looked [at] as a threat maybe.

We have new rack mount miners shipping next week [with] universal casing [that] is standardized and contains swappable modules for different chips.  Our miners work with be200 as well. We have some real stories if you’d like a few, but this skype chat in questions is just not real, and its been created to try and hurt our rep either by this Bruno guy (who was spreading it everywhere) or a few other guys which are involved in one of a hosting co. Or the lead plaintiff in a [lawsuit] against us who goes to such lengths now and then as well. We’ve heard rumors that a hosting co was hiring trolls to write about us, but we don’t which hosting co it was.

Please let me know if the email below is one of your writers or if this is some joke.

Thank you.

Josh

Fuck me! Josh Zipkin has left the forum.

"Joshua Zipkin...come out to play-ee-ay!!"

That picture is fucking creepy...like Harry Potter on weed with no glasses and cooking meth...with an immense noggin...something incredibly creepy about that pic.

Besides the jokes I do feel the need to confirm now that those chats are indeed myself as customer1, I am not in agreement with the chats being released in this manner, but it is what it is. I will let the others out themselves should they choose to as right now people can only guess who they are. The chats are 100 percent authentic skype chats. The leaker is someone else who was not a customer but got pissed off seeing the stuff that was happening. I was accused however of being the leaker despite the actual leaker confessing before leaving the chat, so I figure I will set the record straight publicly. Make of that what you will. I still appreciate his attempts to preserve the privacy of the group.

I still have no order and various calls to DHL confirm that my order was not any of the tracking numbers sent out. You can take a guess as to what list I am on. Go on have your fun now rubbing it in. The I told you so's lol. At any rate they pretty much screwed everyone and its pretty evident in the chats the real deal. I had it out with him tonight because he assured me my miner was on its way.

I confirm the above. The leaker did not release any of the names, including his, but I deduced all the names, including the leaker and yours, but wasn't planning on releasing your name unless it was duly warranted.

C2 was a little fuzzy, but I figured it out.  Wink

To reiterate, opieum2 was not the leaker.

Later, bud.

~Bruno Kucinskas

As you can see, opieum2 and NotFuzzyWarm were two of the other Skype posters, and I was not privy to any of the dialog until it was leaked to me.

Here's what else was leaked to me depicting when Joshua Zipkin's parents disowned him:

"No, Mommy. I didn't eat the Sprinkles."

"I'll stick it up the world's ass once I become a Freemason."

"One Jewish doll for Joshua... WFT! I don't think so!"

CAUTION: If opened, will manifest into a Joshua Zipkin.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:15:36 PM

Our reputation is bad enough due to the harassment we receive every day on that forum.

I'll be a Zipkin's Uncle! It was the harassment on this forum toward AMT that caused its demise, and nothing that the venerable Jewish Bulgarian Freemason Gimp, Joshua Zipkin, had done.  Roll Eyes
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:16:07 PM

We are due to launch our hosting next week, maybe that’s what brought this on Bruno’s more frequent attacks. Because it’s [a] less than $1 per Ghs hosted-solution could be looked [at] as a threat maybe.

Me so scared! Why? Because me not a miner. The only fucking thing I know about mining pertaining to the above is that $1 per Ghs is less than $1.34 Ghs, and sans looking it up to confirm, I'm pretty sure Ghs stands for Giga Hashes per Second.

Yep, Joshua Zipkin's AMT is a fuckin' threat to my bitcoin farm hence doing everything in my power to shut him down so that I don't lose a single satoshi due to his noble efforts stemming from his venerable enterprise, Fuck 'em in the Ass Miners and Make 'em Like It.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:16:43 PM

What the writer is referring to is a falsified chat which has been spread around the forum by a troll named Bruno Kucinskas who constantly makes antisemitic, racial and [prejudice] allegations against myself and our company and has done acts like this daily basis, almost  everyday for the last 8 months.

I honestly believe that me calling Joshua Zipkin a Nigger-JEW is neither antisemitic nor being racist. It's just a motherfuckin' hyphenated word that I made up the other day to refer to the thieving prick Josh Zipkin of AMT. If, by happenstance, the fucker is real offended by it, then he's truly fucked up in the head or... GOOD, I accomplished something.

I've even sent PMs to the fucktard using that same term that I made up in hopes of him suing me like he's promised since early spring of this year.

I demand again: Sue me, Joshua Zipkin, or crawl back into your mother's Jewish pussy and don't return.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:17:15 PM

They’ve pushed us to the point where we actually have to release tracking numbers on our thread [so that] they shut up.

We were pushed to our limits, not knowing our left hand from our right so, in dire straits hoping that they would shut up, we posted tracking numbers so that hopefully their rigs could be hijacked while in route. We're still at a lost as to why nobody opted to hijack them viable goods. Maybe we'll get lucky next time with our next gen miners now that this valuable article about AMT has been put out in the wild.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:17:45 PM

"Just need the private key we mailed to you, Josh, and you're in."
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:25:41 PM

Usually, the plaintiff bears the burden of proof and as such, must establish by a "preponderance of evidence" that the defendant's statements were false at the time they were made.

I never participated in any Skype chat. Again, I never wrote, attended, or participated in that fake chat.

What the writer is referring to is a falsified chat which has been spread around the forum by a troll named Bruno Kucinskas who constantly makes antisemitic, racial and [prejudice] allegations against myself and our company and has done acts like this daily basis, almost  everyday for the last 8 months.

The way I read it is that Joshua Zipkin is formally on record in stating that I, Bruno Kucinskas, was the one who penned the Skype chat and posted it on the internet to cause AMT harm, namely future profits.

Seems to me is that all I need are the official Skype logs to prove that I indeed DID NOT pen what Joshua Zipkin personally penned but putting the blame on me, ergo I honestly believe that I'm in the driver seat in suing his ass since he's not planning on suing my ass even though I'm on record in requesting such since early spring of this year to no prevail.

What are my chances of winning? Moreover, what can I win if I win? Moreover, moreover, what would fuzznuts settle for so that this doesn't go to trail?

Seeking an honest assessment to the above questions, for my character's been defamed.

~Bruno Kucinskas
opieum2

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:42:43 PM

What you need is one of the participants of the chat if not the leaker himself to come forward. As I was a participant, but not a leaker, I have come forward with a full thread dedicated to the matter.  Regards

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:43:26 PM

The boicoin network now has 180'000 TH/s, so, by my arithmetic, a 1.2 TH/s machine is expected to yield about 12 US$ worth of bitcoins per day, on the average.  (is my math correct?) How much electricity does it consume per day?

It would take 480 days for it to repay a 6000 US$ investment, if nothing changed.  But of course difficulty will increase, and the BTC price may not increase.

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:15:07 PM

The boicoin network now has 180'000 TH/s, so, by my arithmetic, a 1.2 TH/s machine is expected to yield about 12 US$ worth of bitcoins per day, on the average.  (is my math correct?) How much electricity does it consume per day?

It would take 480 days for it to repay a 6000 US$ investment, if nothing changed.  But of course difficulty will increase, and the BTC price may not increase.

Assuming 1200 watts and $.15/kwh that's $4.32 per day in electricity.

Buy & Hold
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:31:36 PM

So, what's the problem? 6000/8 = 750 days or 2 years. Since the difficulty increases every two weeks, it'll take a tad longer.

Luckily, Josh Zerlan of BFL has a better solution: Host it at one of BFL's hosting outfits using the EMC pool for ONLY $9 a day, thus losing ONLY $365 a year. But, to hedge your lost, buy $365 worth of BTC for two years, and when the rate doubles you win. In the same vain, purchase $1,000 worth of BTC and when it increases 7 fold, you'll get your $6,000 back, probably in about a couple years, just in time for you to pre-order the 14nm-based miners for the (insert name of some Norse God here) Miner produced by some TBD outfit fully backed by the scumbags operating now ready to lock their doors. If you don't believe me, blow your (directed at nobody in particular) fuckin' brains out, for we don't need your kind procreating.
opieum2

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:00:56 PM

So, what's the problem? 6000/8 = 750 days or 2 years. Since the difficulty increases every two weeks, it'll take a tad longer.

Luckily, Josh Zerlan of BFL has a better solution: Host it at one of BFL's hosting outfits using the EMC pool for ONLY $9 a day, thus losing ONLY $365 a year. But, to hedge your lost, buy $365 worth of BTC for two years, and when the rate doubles you win. In the same vain, purchase $1,000 worth of BTC and when it increases 7 fold, you'll get your $6,000 back, probably in about a couple years, just in time for you to pre-order the 14nm-based miners for the (insert name of some Norse God here) Miner produced by some TBD outfit fully backed by the scumbags operating now ready to lock their doors. If you don't believe me, blow your (directed at nobody in particular) fuckin' brains out, for we don't need your kind procreating.

365 dollars? That is literally a dollar a day!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: