Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:18:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FCN] Fantomcoin. CN based, anonymous. Merge mine with BCN, XMR, QCN, duck.  (Read 127064 times)
BreakingBAD

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:34:12 PM

Has anyone used Fantomcoin to pay for goods or some services?

As far as I know FCN is never accepted as payment. Bitcoin is taken only in some stores to say nothing about alternative cryptocurrencies

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillieGin

Activity: 253
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:43:22 PM

I don't understand the perspectives of FCN's development.
When it reaches the max supply,nobody can't to mine it. Then circulation will be as gold's circulation cos this resource will be essentially limited as I understand?
GVanelly

Activity: 247

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:50:22 PM

As far as I know FCN is never accepted as payment. Bitcoin is taken only in some stores to say nothing about alternative cryptocurrencies

Thank you!
I'm upset. Why, then, FCN is  needed as an alternative cryptocurrency? How can it be used?  Huh

ShitHappens

Activity: 74

“Everyone Is A Bank”

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:54:50 PM

Do you think it is more profitable to buy FCN or to mine it?

BABB          |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:58:02 PM

I don't understand the perspectives of FCN's development.
When it reaches the max supply,nobody can't to mine it. Then circulation will be as gold's circulation cos this resource will be essentially limited as I understand?

This is the same for any cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin. I don't know of any super-investors (or regular investors) who consider this to be a negative. It's actually a positive since scarcity is almost always one of the qualities of things that have value. As far as fiat currencies go, we're seeing the bad results of the "we'll just print more" mentality. All this does is devalue a currency. Who'd want to repeat that?

Miners will still be needed and will be rewarded with transaction fees.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
NoDreamsWatching

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:03:44 PM

I mined 15 FCN yesterday. It is my record. Can anybody  give advice on how to speed up mining?
c789

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:10:46 PM

Thank you!
I'm upset. Why, then, FCN is  needed as an alternative cryptocurrency? How can it be used?  Huh

Even Bitcoin is still in its early stages. There aren't that many places where you can spend BTC yet, but the list of merchants keeps growing every week, as does the list of its investors. But places to spend BTC is only one part of the system. The ability to transfer money with almost no transaction fees, especially for international purposes, is huge.

If Bitcoin is in its early stages, then Fantomcoin is in its infancy. Fantomcoin has many similarities to BTC but the key feature that differentiates it is the ability to have anonymous transactions. Bitcoin is not anonymous no matter what the media says https://bitcoin.org/en/you-need-to-know . The ability to make anonymous transactions, which can be done with Fantomcoin, is great for asset protection and a myriad of other purposes.

You do touch on something that I have asked for a long time: "What does X alt-coin bring that Bitcoin doesn't?" The answer to that for 99% of altcoins is: nothing. Not so in this case. Fantomcoin offers anonymous transactions, and the demand for that feature is very large.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
c789

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:18:29 PM

I mined 15 FCN yesterday. It is my record. Can anybody  give advice on how to speed up mining?
The only mining variable that you can control is the collective speed of your processors. You can get more processors and/or faster processors.

EndlessWin

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 07:37:38 AM

I mine FCN from almost month. My power is 1600 kH/s.
I'm mining FCN and MRO, and from two weeks I don't mined not a single block of MRO. Is that because of this huge MRO diff?

1600 kH/s O_O

what kind of monster cluster you got there ?

tired of identical bitcoin forks? try out BCN - no ASICs, no transaction tracking https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0
hakertajniak

Activity: 504

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:21:18 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 01:02:08 PM by hakertajniak

I'm mining FCN and MRO, and from two weeks I don't mined not a single block of MRO. Is that because of this huge MRO diff?

1600 kH/s O_O

My bad: Its 1600 H/s :-)
It's only 40 * Core2Quad Q8300 :-) Each one have ~40H/s
Today I tested yam miner. And it shows me 45 H/s.
The speed of mining FCN is very poor right now... I have 4 blocks per 24h. We need pool!

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
feryjhie

Activity: 882
Merit: 595

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:16:56 PM

Hi fellas wanted to ask you a favor.

Could you write to the pool's marketer 33zer0w0lf and developer zone117x and rise up a question about the FCN (FCN only or merged mining) pool.

Maybe if we all could do this they will actually notice FCN and a community behind it. I've been writing them for a while now and received only 1 answer that it will be launched as soon as it's ready.

I understand that developers are busy people but it looks like all other coins got their pools. And there is not too much difference between FCN and other CN coins. (merged mining does not count - I'm not asking for it currently - it's not a trivial task)

On the side note: going to launch new marketing campaign any time soon and will try to bring more people to FCN. Details will be published later - as always, any help is welcome.

hi bitcoinbear can you read your message ?

EndlessWin

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:48:06 PM

1600 kH/s O_O

My bad: Its 1600 H/s :-)
It's only 40 * Core2Quad Q8300 :-) Each one have ~40H/s
Today I tested yam miner. And it shows me 45 H/s.
The speed of mining FCN is very poor right now... I have 4 blocks per 24h. We need pool!

4 blocks per 24h is actually a very good performance. i'm getting ~1 block per 2 days with i5.

tired of identical bitcoin forks? try out BCN - no ASICs, no transaction tracking https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0
GVanelly

Activity: 247

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:04:51 PM

Thank you!
I'm upset. Why, then, FCN is  needed as an alternative cryptocurrency? How can it be used?  Huh

Even Bitcoin is still in its early stages. There aren't that many places where you can spend BTC yet, but the list of merchants keeps growing every week, as does the list of its investors. But places to spend BTC is only one part of the system. The ability to transfer money with almost no transaction fees, especially for international purposes, is huge.

If Bitcoin is in its early stages, then Fantomcoin is in its infancy. Fantomcoin has many similarities to BTC but the key feature that differentiates it is the ability to have anonymous transactions. Bitcoin is not anonymous no matter what the media says https://bitcoin.org/en/you-need-to-know . The ability to make anonymous transactions, which can be done with Fantomcoin, is great for asset protection and a myriad of other purposes.

You do touch on something that I have asked for a long time: "What does X alt-coin bring that Bitcoin doesn't?" The answer to that for 99% of altcoins is: nothing. Not so in this case. Fantomcoin offers anonymous transactions, and the demand for that feature is very large.

Thank you! I understand FCN's development is still far from BTC's level of development cos it is new currency
I look forward to the time when the alternative currency will take its rightful place in the market as a means of payment.

BreakingBAD

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:12:17 PM

Thank you!

Don't you think that "anonymous transactions" would be a factor that will prevent the development of FCN as a means of payment? Indeed, anonymity means lack of control by the governments today, so many countries haven't legalized BTC (but it doesn't provide complete anonymity)

ShitHappens

“Everyone Is A Bank”

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:16:28 PM

Does anybody know the development of the pool is carried out or not?

BABB          |[     BANK ACCOUNT BASED BLOCKCHAIN     ]|       Everyone is a bank
▬                       JOIN TOKEN SALE                       ▬
▬▬▬▬▬     JOIN THE COMMUNITY    |    Telegram     ▬▬▬▬▬
BillieGin

Activity: 253

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:26:35 PM

Today I read about a variety of alternative cryptocurrencies and I realized that FCN is the most promising. Fantomcoin team is great cos they makes the ecosystem better every day
c789

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:35:18 PM

Don't you think that "anonymous transactions" would be a factor that will prevent the development of FCN as a means of payment? Indeed, anonymity means lack of control by the governments today, so many countries haven't legalized BTC (but it doesn't provide complete anonymity)

From a previous post of mine (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.msg7184147#msg7184147)

The way I see it is that you can divide the cryptocurrency world into two parts:

The More Public Coins. I would include BTC in this. Really, I would include only BTC in this. I'm not an altcoin fan, although I do have some (just from mining). People would use BTC because there are needs for a public register of transactions. If you are operating a business, you really want this for the purposes of disclosure, accountability, reputation, regulatory compliance, etc.

The More Private Coins, such as FCN. Yes, these are technically alt-coins, but they provide features that BTC doesn't provide -- namely anonymity -- so I see them in a subclass separate from the BTC clones. Sometimes you don't want your assets or spending to be public, and these coins fill that need.

BTC use will continue to grow, no doubt about it. And that's great - I love BTC. But FCN (and *CN) coins will continue to grow in use as well. They each meet needs that the other type can't provide.

So, there is a demand and need for both types. As for FCN being used as a form of payment, that can be done now. As for being a public, traceable payment...I don't know if the mixin_count would affect this or not. Even if it doesn't, there is still a need for anonymous transactions, even as a form of payment.

NoDreamsWatching

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:35:39 PM

The only mining variable that you can control is the collective speed of your processors. You can get more processors and/or faster processors.

It seems, it is necessary to me it's time to upgrade my equipment for mining.
PS  Thanks for the help
Lyomon86

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:41:57 PM

Does anybody know the development of the pool is carried out or not?

As far as I know, someone does it,  but when the result will be unknown. If I am wrong, please correct me
Zickafa

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 05:51:32 PM

Thank you!

Thank you! I understand FCN's development is still far from BTC's level of development cos it is new currency
I look forward to the time when the alternative currency will take its rightful place in the market as a means of payment.

I totally agree. I think that there is not enough advertising or articles,that will inform new users about FCN, or these measures are not necessary for the development of perspective cryptocurrency?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: