Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:02:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609536 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:28:51 PM

Actually, the whole foundation as of current have only about 250,000 BC in holdings personally, divided amongst the 5 members.

I'm going to call BS on that.....  And no way to prove it either.

is it that hard to believe that blackcoin has garnered the interest of miners, investors and traders from both within and outside of crypto?
Subtuppel

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:28:59 PM

the first 20 adresses in richlist owns over 30millions BC!!! that is not a good thing...sorry.the big holder have to support the foundation in the next few weeks or i  cant trust this coin anymore.
you should not forget that the exchanges have wallets, hmm?
Does anyone know how much coins are on exchanges est.?
-20-30% IMO - small/middle holders won't bother even to download wallet.
yeah, that would be my guess as well. I dunno if the exchanges have coins staking (since the top wallets do not change at all, the 3 million ones would make around 250 coins a day, probably not) so if we knew the amount of staking coins that could be a hint.

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:32:16 PM

i only have like 4k lol, but i has a wallet :]]]
belive me not many think that way.
Look eg at Cinni today  it had over 4000k BTC volume
Market cap = 1,9m while volume $ 1,5m
In same time only 1664 unique addresses.
So i think that 70-80% people keep coins on exchange. Volume they have higher than Doge+BC+...

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:37:09 PM

"3. Maintaining investor and media relationships
The foundation publically represents Blackcoin, the community and the developers. The Foundation is a central point of contact for all parties interested in Blackcoin."

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______

- I don't like that part it looks like we are trying to centralize something which is decentralized by default.
BTC is growing fast because BTC foundation not trying to centralize it and never will be.
Many projects is runned parallel because no one can RULE BTC ind this is growing evolving on their own.
Foundation only trying to help get business to community but this is not only one way.
I can just ask you kindly to change sound of that sentence because it look bit to autocratically for me.
I would change that statement to something like that / i am not native english speaker but look at both statements:

The foundation will try publicly represents Blackcoin, the community and the developers. The Foundation can be considered as central point of contact for all parties interested in Blackcoin - we will pay many effort to fulfill both roles perfectly.
Community can make their projects on their own but we believe The Foundation can help organize and back up your hard work.

VS

The foundation publically represents Blackcoin, the community and the developers. The Foundation is a central point of contact for all parties interested in Blackcoin."

Thank you for your feedback, we have changed it!

The foundation publically represents Blackcoin, the community and the developers. The Foundation is a convergence point for all parties interested in Blackcoin.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
ToBoGe9

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:41:43 PM

i was just thinking, could somebody explain to me how coinkite implementation does effect the price of BC?
everyone who is a little involved with crypto, knows about BC and know coinkite.
sow only people who are involved with crypto will know about coinkite and what coinkite is
so the news about coinkite is already old???

i'm just wondering how you guys are thinking about this
digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:42:21 PM

the first 20 adresses in richlist owns over 30millions BC!!! that is not a good thing...sorry.the big holder have to support the foundation in the next few weeks or i  cant trust this coin anymore.

Based on observation and conjecture (I'm not directly involved with either) I would say that the top 3 addresses are MintPal cold wallets... the ones that are an even 3M each and the one that's 2.3M currently.  That's because they filled during the big volume run-up at MintPal, and Jay has stated that they always keep the majority of their coins in cold storage.

Note that these wallets have never been staked which is different from the wallets at Cryptsy (though I'm not sure which those are as I don't know their size and as they stake their wallets - it's not visibly different from any other large BC holder).

There are currently eleven coin exchanges and four fiat exchanges according to the BlackCoin directory on the main site.  Naturally, almost all of the volume is at MintPal and Cryptsy so that's where the largest wallet addresses are likely to be, but it's unknown (to me at least) if the others keep single addresses or use a single address per user with deposts.  I would guess that less than 50% of the top 20 addresses are individuals.

Of course, the amount allocated to a single address is relatively meaningless.  If I pooled all of the BC I had into a single address I would still be in the top 30 (barely) but as it is none of my addresses even appear in the top 100 as I made separate receiving addresses for each exchange and each pool during PoW and now for the two main multipools.  Someone could easily have 1M BC and not have a single address visible in the top 25 addresses just as someone could have 50BC sitting on Mintpal and actually their coins are in that #1 address and only MintPal's database knows that. Smiley
fayoling

Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:43:08 PM

Tonight we will be making the final tweaks and running one last lottery test.

We were just discussing letting people participate in tonight's test/draw. The more people/tickets, the better the test. So would anyone consider buying some tickets? All profit would be donated to the project of the participants choice, and the winners would obviously get their reward.

Twitter Lottery Bot
@blklottery
http://cosmiclottery.com/

maarx

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:44:37 PM

i was just thinking, could somebody explain to me how coinkite implementation does effect the price of BC?
everyone who is a little involved with crypto, knows about BC and know coinkite.
sow only people who are involved with crypto will know about coinkite and what coinkite is

Coinkite is an effort to push crypto's forward (towards merchants and the general public). Blackcoin uses Coinkite. If Coinkite succeeds, Blackcoin will be pushed forward.

That's sorta how I see it.

ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
digicidal

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:49:44 PM

I think the 'pop' for coinkite itself, is already baked in somewhat, and like you said is "old news".

What will be of particular interest to those outside the 'inner circle' of crypto-enthusiasts will simply be that their local record store is now accepting payment in BTC/LTC/BC as payment.  They won't care how they do it, or what products/exchanges/etc. are involved in the process - but they will be interested in why the fiat they are familiar with isn't the only option any longer.

It's similar to having a Mom & Pop restaurant in your neighborhood announce that they accept credit/debit card payments after being cash/check only for years.  No one asks what payment processor or what version of card swiper/POS terminals they are using to do it... they just think "Hey that's convenient, next time I'll use my card".

The difference is that suddenly you have a situation where it's almost the same as a debit card - except that instead of paying .25% interest (or nothing as many checking accts pay now), it pays 1% interest and has the possibility of paying much, much more than that in price appreciation than it does in staking. Smiley
KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:52:17 PM

The formation of a foundation is great news at this point. Groups of developers and investors coming together to support the marketing and development of BlackCoin for the future is exactly what we should be striving for. This particular foundation is made up of a lot of the people who have been working for this coin for a long time already. There's no reason there can't be many organized groups working to advance BlackCoin. We're a top ten coin. It takes a lot more organization and real value added to rise from here. BlackCoin has top-3 potential and I think investment groups/foundations working to build infrastructure, and a huge PR push will help us get there.  Cool
KingSchultz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:57:19 PM

Coinkite is an effort to push crypto's forward (towards merchants and the general public). Blackcoin uses Coinkite. If Coinkite succeeds, Blackcoin will be pushed forward.

That's sorta how I see it.

I think CoinKite is going to be biiiigggg. Cheesy

https://www.facebook.com/troypapas

This Papa Romano's / Mr. Pita 5 miles from my house in Troy MI posted that they are taking Crypto through CoinKite (so BLK starting Jun 1, but they are already taking BlackCoin wallet transfers).

So, I don't know about the rest of you, but I can go buy pizza and subs with my BlackCoin. Grin
ToBoGe9

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:07:32 PM

I think the 'pop' for coinkite itself, is already baked in somewhat, and like you said is "old news".

What will be of particular interest to those outside the 'inner circle' of crypto-enthusiasts will simply be that their local record store is now accepting payment in BTC/LTC/BC as payment.  They won't care how they do it, or what products/exchanges/etc. are involved in the process - but they will be interested in why the fiat they are familiar with isn't the only option any longer.

It's similar to having a Mom & Pop restaurant in your neighborhood announce that they accept credit/debit card payments after being cash/check only for years.  No one asks what payment processor or what version of card swiper/POS terminals they are using to do it... they just think "Hey that's convenient, next time I'll use my card".

The difference is that suddenly you have a situation where it's almost the same as a debit card - except that instead of paying .25% interest (or nothing as many checking accts pay now), it pays 1% interest and has the possibility of paying much, much more than that in price appreciation than it does in staking. Smiley

ok let's hope a lot stores, bars,.... will add coinkite. Smiley
digicidal

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:31:07 PM

They will... but you might have to help convince the ones around your area! Wink

I know I have a list of places I'm going to be hitting, and a few I've discussed the possibility with already.  The main reason that it's not a big deal to me to wait until things firm up and settle somewhat (contrary to the approach some have discussed) is that most business owners I've spoken to fall into three categories:

1) I'm not interested in anything that my banker doesn't do for me.  I've never heard of your coin and what I've read about Bitcoin tells me that I probably don't want to associate my business with it.

2) I understand and am somewhat familiar with alternate payment forms, and I would like to drive more customers to my business... but I'm afraid that the accounting ramifications will simply be too burdensome for be to bother with it in relation to the amount of sales I'm likely to see even if I accepted every coin.  If I ever do this, it would have to be simple, cost-effective, and guarantee me the greatest sales exposure with the least security and infrastructure requirements.

3) I love it!  I'm very familiar with crypto currencies and I think I read something about BlackCoin even on a website I frequent.  I've considered integrating a crypto payment platform before, but basically I have so little Internet presence and so much walk-in traffic that I would probably just do it on a personal basis and only if a customer specifically requested paying me in cryptos - and for that trouble, I'd probably just use BTC because I don't want to worry about multiple exchanges, wallets, and apps to just increase sales by .0001%.

With #1 and #2, all you can do is a brief introduction and move on.  Until you have everything (including CoinKite hardware) as well as some press and references indicating a long successful implementation by other businesses... they're not going to budge.

With #3 you have a great opportunity to not only turn someone on to BC but potentially create sales and therefore coin-demand from future customers as well.  Unfortunately this is also where you have the greatest risk.  If you jump the gun and turn them into a beta-test victim for CoinKite... you might actually be causing a loss for all of cryptocurrencies - and creating an actual enemy of BC as that's why you approached them in the first place.  They need to know that all of the bugs have been thoroughly worked out before they bother... but then they will become the strongest adopter of all.

I guess there's a #4 possibly - but you don't have to tell them anything other than the fact that you hold BC and would love to spend some of it on their goods/services if they accepted it.  There are hardly any of these in the world at the moment, but there are a few - however they will already be looking at what is up and coming and might only need to be directed to consider CoinKite as their PoS system for cryptos.  Smiley
ToBoGe9

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:50:15 PM

They will... but you might have to help convince the ones around your area! Wink

I know I have a list of places I'm going to be hitting, and a few I've discussed the possibility with already.  The main reason that it's not a big deal to me to wait until things firm up and settle somewhat (contrary to the approach some have discussed) is that most business owners I've spoken to fall into three categories:

1) I'm not interested in anything that my banker doesn't do for me.  I've never heard of your coin and what I've read about Bitcoin tells me that I probably don't want to associate my business with it.

2) I understand and am somewhat familiar with alternate payment forms, and I would like to drive more customers to my business... but I'm afraid that the accounting ramifications will simply be too burdensome for be to bother with it in relation to the amount of sales I'm likely to see even if I accepted every coin.  If I ever do this, it would have to be simple, cost-effective, and guarantee me the greatest sales exposure with the least security and infrastructure requirements.

3) I love it!  I'm very familiar with crypto currencies and I think I read something about BlackCoin even on a website I frequent.  I've considered integrating a crypto payment platform before, but basically I have so little Internet presence and so much walk-in traffic that I would probably just do it on a personal basis and only if a customer specifically requested paying me in cryptos - and for that trouble, I'd probably just use BTC because I don't want to worry about multiple exchanges, wallets, and apps to just increase sales by .0001%.

With #1 and #2, all you can do is a brief introduction and move on.  Until you have everything (including CoinKite hardware) as well as some press and references indicating a long successful implementation by other businesses... they're not going to budge.

With #3 you have a great opportunity to not only turn someone on to BC but potentially create sales and therefore coin-demand from future customers as well.  Unfortunately this is also where you have the greatest risk.  If you jump the gun and turn them into a beta-test victim for CoinKite... you might actually be causing a loss for all of cryptocurrencies - and creating an actual enemy of BC as that's why you approached them in the first place.  They need to know that all of the bugs have been thoroughly worked out before they bother... but then they will become the strongest adopter of all.

I guess there's a #4 possibly - but you don't have to tell them anything other than the fact that you hold BC and would love to spend some of it on their goods/services if they accepted it.  There are hardly any of these in the world at the moment, but there are a few - however they will already be looking at what is up and coming and might only need to be directed to consider CoinKite as their PoS system for cryptos.  Smiley

i hope i can convince some shops, but i live in a country where it is very hard to explain what crypto is Smiley
when i talk to people who are working in the IT, the answer is always" what are you talking about", it is not easy to convince them that crypto is the future
dcm987

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:51:11 PM

i hope i can convince some shops, but i live in a country where it is very hard to explain what crypto is Smiley
when i talk to people who are working in the IT, the answer is always" what are you talking about", it is not easy to convince them that crypto is the future
where do you live?just wondering
fayoling

Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:58:24 PM

Of course it will be difficult to convince them if you are going in with that mindset.

If you changed what you wrote, and how you thought to:

i hope I can convince some shops, but I live in a country where it is very hard easy to explain what crypto is Smiley
when i talk to people who are working in the IT, the answer is always" I love what are you talking about", it is not easy to convince them that crypto is the future

maarx

cloverdex.io

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:59:31 PM

What I always do is say something like this:

Blackcoin is a decentralised digital currency with near- instant transaction speeds and neglectible transaction fees.

It's a less techie explanation.. Smiley

ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
digicidal

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:03:32 AM

Las Vegas - which is admittedly much more crypto friendly than much of the world.  After all, we're built upon people exchanging fiat into 'credits' or 'chips' and the concepts of each casino having their own 'currency' of sorts is much easier to grasp for entrepreneurs.

That being said - it's still an uphill battle to convince most non-tech related brick and mortar operations to consider cryptos as payment even here.

I understand it's different most places - after all we're the home of one of the Bitcoin ATM manufacturers - so I guess we're ahead of the curve here.  You'd think that would be nothing but all green lights... but it's a weird climate here regardless.  Even though Robocoin is located here - we don't have a BTC ATM actually located here (other than as a demonstration) as far as I am aware. Sad
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 12:04:31 AM

the first 20 adresses in richlist owns over 30millions BC!!! that is not a good thing...sorry.the big holder have to support the foundation in the next few weeks or i  cant trust this coin anymore.

Based on observation and conjecture (I'm not directly involved with either) I would say that the top 3 addresses are MintPal cold wallets... the ones that are an even 3M each and the one that's 2.3M currently.  That's because they filled during the big volume run-up at MintPal, and Jay has stated that they always keep the majority of their coins in cold storage.

Note that these wallets have never been staked
which is different from the wallets at Cryptsy (though I'm not sure which those are as I don't know their size and as they stake their wallets - it's not visibly different from any other large BC holder).

How do you know these wallets have never been staked?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:19:17 AM

Hey Guys if you want to do something to make some quick black coin. Just sign up to https://sharexcoin.com/market/CFC_BTC then go https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=596562.1540 and post your wallet address in your signature.  Takes about 10 minutes and SR members will get about 0.08btc worth of free CFC (Theres only a bit of buy support so you will have to be quick) then take your bitcoin and buy black coin!

250 Blackcoin for 10 mins work!

That's more then a month of mining with a 280x. Not bad. Too bad I am not at home Tongue

Just looked today and not only is it still available its actually climbing in price (Slightly, still not much buy support) But considering you don't have to even download the wallet, just use the exchanges its literally 10 minutes work and is now worth approximately 0.11btc or Around 375 Black coins!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: