June 28, 2024, 02:38:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LIBERTYCOIN][XLB] v1.0.3.0 | X11 | 100% POS | No IPO | No Premine |  (Read 359767 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:31:04 PM

Sadly the only thing that can save this coin is for Iconic to take it over.

You are basically passing a judgement under the garb of veiled and loosely put together logic and a vague sense of Bouzy-allegiance. I am not saying you are an alter ego of Bouzy but there is a difference between sparking a debate and blatant endorsement. This is the latter.

If you like iconic, go follow him to whatever his new coin is going to be.  The community that he brought with him never was the Libertycoin community, and they are gone now.  What remains is the real Libertycoin community.  If that is not to your liking, you should move on.

Why the anger at me for giving my honest assessment?  I put in good money and got left holding a bag just like everyone else here.  My assessment was not one sided and was very fair.  If you look at my history I have disagreed with Iconic on multiple occasions.  I disagreed when he suggested the BC pump.  I disagreed with how he handled the wall street donations.  To label me a groupie and tell me to just follow him is rather narrow sighted.  Read the history.  History don't lie.
judgecrypto

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:36:27 PM

Judge Crypto

You and IconicExpert seem to be birds of a feather.  You two should make a coin together, perhaps produce offspring together. 

Did I wake up in the 3rd grade?  That is the last time I have heard an argument like that.  How am I like Iconic?  If you are going to throw around accusations, please support them.
mistersushi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:37:05 PM

You are basically passing a judgement under the garb of veiled and loosely put together logic and a vague sense of Bouzy-allegiance. I am not saying you are an alter ego of Bouzy but there is a difference between sparking a debate and blatant endorsement. This is the latter.

If you like iconic, go follow him to whatever his new coin is going to be.  The community that he brought with him never was the Libertycoin community, and they are gone now.  What remains is the real Libertycoin community.  If that is not to your liking, you should move on.

Why the anger at me for giving my honest assessment?  I put in good money and got left holding a bag just like everyone else here.  My assessment was not one sided and was very fair.  If you look at my history I have disagreed with Iconic on multiple occasions.  I disagreed when he suggested the BC pump.  I disagreed with how he handled the wall street donations.  To label me a groupie and tell me to just follow him is rather narrow sighted.  Read the history.  History don't lie.

As someone with just a tiny bit of good sense, I wouldn't buy a taco from that guy.
judgecrypto

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:39:20 PM

Why the anger at me for giving my honest assessment?  I put in good money and got left holding a bag just like everyone else here.  My assessment was not one sided and was very fair.  If you look at my history I have disagreed with Iconic on multiple occasions.  I disagreed when he suggested the BC pump.  I disagreed with how he handled the wall street donations.  To label me a groupie and tell me to just follow him is rather narrow sighted.  Read the history.  History don't lie.

As someone with just a tiny bit of good sense, I wouldn't buy a taco from that guy.

At least you supported the measurement of your sense accurately.  Thanks!
acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:39:53 PM

My post want intended be be angry, just direct and matter of fact.  I am sure that the developers would like suggestions, but you need to understand that they are free to accept or reject them as they see fit.  The coin isnt a democracy.  Owning the coins doesnt give you a vote.

You can be upset that the direction of the coin has changed (or at least the direction that was being promoted), but at least now everything is upfront.  No one is hiding anything anymore.  You have full information now.  Make your decisions based on that.
mistersushi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:42:42 PM

Judge Crypto

You and IconicExpert seem to be birds of a feather.  You two should make a coin together, perhaps produce offspring together.  

Did I wake up in the 3rd grade?  That is the last time I have heard an argument like that.  How am I like Iconic?  If you are going to throw around accusations, please support them.

Well, first, I find it hard to believe that anyone of good conscience would want a thieving jackass like IconicExpert to lead this coin.  Second, your name, Judge Crypto, comes across as pretentious, just like IconicExpert.  It betrays an over-the-top effort to command respect on the basis of FIAT, typical of con-artists and cult leaders.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:45:30 PM

First of all let me say this...

I am a little bit peeved at Iconic Expert for posting his announcement that he would work it out to get control of the coin when in fact he was not sure he could.  I like many others purchased the coin on his announcement and lost some money when it tanked.  In hindsight he should have done more due diligence before he made statements he could not reasonably back up, regarding taking over the lead dev role.  He should have also interviewed the dev team before becoming involved.  In the midst of it all I sent him a PM asking if I should sell or hold which was unanswered, which again peeved me.  Now Iconic does not owe me anything.  I am just someone that admired his work and if you are going to get and keep a following I think it is important to take care of people that follow you.

The racial comments on this thread really irritate me.  People who use racial comments should be banned period.  There is no place in this world for that kind of bigotry.  

People here, like myself learned an important lesson.  A coin with a low amount of coins is not a scarce resource in and of itself (There are PLENTY of those).  There has to be innovation.  They have to be doing something different.  Does Liberty coin offer anything right now?  If they deliver on a new innovation the market will respond.  If not the coin will die or anguish like others that have imploded.

Sadly the only thing that can save this coin is for Iconic to take it over.   I did not see anything in the chat logs or PM posts that indicated that Iconic was doing any sort of scam.  He was simply trying to lead the only way he knows how.  To me Iconic is guilty of being arrogant and hot tempered.  These are not crimes and many successful corporate executives share these traits.  

As far as his Wall Street donations.  I said in another thread that he should simply give the funds to the Blackcoin foundation and be done with it.  I don't believe he was scamming it but it is easy to twist his keeping it as scamming.  I know he cringes at giving it back to the BC foundation but it would get that stupid monkey off his back.  This is where his arrogance is a hindrance.  Sometimes he takes actions that he should not simply because he feels a medieval sense of honor or is angry...

I ordered and received two of the limited edition cards.  They were packed well.  I believe Iconic to be an honest guy.  I believe the only way he will succeed in a coin is if he works with someone who has a bigger ego than his that he respects or he makes his own coin, which I believe would be successful.

Judge Crypto

Agreed. But I don't know if someone with a big ego can respect someone with a bigger ego. It just doesn't seem like they'd find any mutual ground and will always be a struggle for power.

We don't even know the whole story and never will, but someone made a lot of money off us.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:51:52 PM

I have been trying to simplify the discussion here related to Libertycoin.  In my opinion, there are two ways to interpret the future of the coin:

1)  The developers skills and vision will bring the coin to ultimate success (think Mark Zuckerberg from Facebook)

2)  The developers skills and vision will not be up to the task and the coin will fail (think 99% of all tech startups)

Either is possible, and the risk will be equal to the potential reward.  Invest accordingly.
Boomslang

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:54:44 PM

I have been trying to simplify the discussion here related to Libertycoin.  In my opinion, there are two ways to interpret the future of the coin:

1)  The developers skills and vision will bring the coin to ultimate success (think Mark Zuckerberg from Facebook)

2)  The developers skills and vision will not be up to the task and the coin will fail (think 99% of all tech startups)

Either is possible, and the risk will be equal to the potential reward.  Invest accordingly.
Succinct.  Well put.
judgecrypto

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Judge Crypto

You and IconicExpert seem to be birds of a feather.  You two should make a coin together, perhaps produce offspring together.  

Did I wake up in the 3rd grade?  That is the last time I have heard an argument like that.  How am I like Iconic?  If you are going to throw around accusations, please support them.

Well, first, I find it hard to believe that anyone of good conscience would want a thieving jackass like IconicExpert to lead this coin.  Second, your name, Judge Crypto, comes across as pretentious, just like IconicExpert.  It betrays an over-the-top effort to command respect on the basis of FIAT, typical of con-artists.

I chose Judge Crypto because I do an internet Psychic show under Judge Neil... so it followed if I was getting into crypto I would take Judge Crypto. www.judgeneil.com.  My show is on iTunes internet radio and windows media guide.  I am also getting ready to do an internet crypto radio show....

Things in life are not black and white.  Polarized views help no one.  I will be watching his thread for progress and write or broadcast accordingly.  Attacking me ad hominem when I was giving an unbiased opinion makes no sense.  Maybe you disagree.  Attack the argument, not the man.

As far as people owning coins.  The premis of an distributed and open source crypto currency is that no one owns it.  Anyone is free to write a new fork of Bitcoin or any other open sourced coin, and if they get enough hash support they could control the fork for a time.  In that way crypto in its nature is democratic.  Asia coin and White coin are examples of community take overs of coins. You should embrace the democratic nature of crypto especially as your name is Liberty coin.

mistersushi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:56:09 PM

What!? You mean don't gamble the rent money on it?  Dammit!
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:58:31 PM

Regarding the Libertycoin statement:
https://libertycoin.co/official-statement-regarding-the-iconic-expert/
"Basically, he said he was leaving Blackcoin and launching his own coin, but never returned the money."
He posted on the BLK forum with a refund schedule and dates and appears to be willing to work with the BLK community.

"We have confirmed so far that he uses other ‘proxy’ accounts, like Barabbas, to post in Bitcointalk and Twitter."
How was this confirmed? Can you post proof. Thanks.

While I'm at it, why is this altcoin 1% APY after 8 hour coin age? Where were the reasons behind this?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:25:10 PM

Regarding the Libertycoin statement:
https://libertycoin.co/official-statement-regarding-the-iconic-expert/
"Basically, he said he was leaving Blackcoin and launching his own coin, but never returned the money."
He posted on the BLK forum with a refund schedule and dates and appears to be willing to work with the BLK community.

"We have confirmed so far that he uses other ‘proxy’ accounts, like Barabbas, to post in Bitcointalk and Twitter."
How was this confirmed? Can you post proof. Thanks.

While I'm at it, why is this altcoin 1% APY after 8 hour coin age? Where were the reasons behind this?

I can shed some light on this (just from watching this thread when it was all going down)

According to what was posted here:
IconicAmateur had an administrator check the ip addresses that IconicExpert and Barabbas used to log in, and they were exactly the same. (I think from IRC)

He alluded that he found 2 other alias accounts that had that same ip address, but I never saw them posted here.

IconicAmateur can probably explain better.
mistersushi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:25:24 PM

Judge Crypto

Well, first, I find it hard to believe that anyone of good conscience would want a thieving jackass like IconicExpert to lead this coin.  Second, your name, Judge Crypto, comes across as pretentious, just like IconicExpert.  It betrays an over-the-top effort to command respect on the basis of FIAT, typical of con-artists.

I chose Judge Crypto because I do an internet Psychic show under Judge Neil... so it followed if I was getting into crypto I would take Judge Crypto. www.judgeneil.com.  My show is on iTunes internet radio and windows media guide.  I am also getting ready to do an internet crypto radio show....

Things in life are not black and white.  Polarized views help no one.  I will be watching his thread for progress and write or broadcast accordingly.  Attacking me ad hominem when I was giving an unbiased opinion makes no sense.  Maybe you disagree.  Attack the argument, not the man.

As far as people owning coins.  The premis of an distributed and open source crypto currency is that no one owns it.  Anyone is free to write a new fork of Bitcoin or any other open sourced coin, and if they get enough hash support they could control the fork for a time.  In that way crypto in its nature is democratic.  Asia coin and White coin are examples of community take overs of coins. You should embrace the democratic nature of crypto especially as your name is Liberty coin.

A psychic, eh?  I guess I wasn't far off!  My name isn't LibertyCoin, but since you're a psychic, you already know that.  In fact IE used the LibertyCoin account to delete a couple of my posts.  Made a thread about it, in fact.  Like to hear it?  Here it goes:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?  As far as things being gray with IconicExpert, what's taking him so long to give back the money?  If it was me I would be giving it back like hot potatoes--unless I'd already blown it on something.  Are things really gray or is the psychic trying to muddy the water?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626365.msg6958554#msg6958554

As for the ad-hominem, I'm attacking the entire package, because there really isn't much in the way of argument to attack.  Second, democracy left to its own is destructive of liberty, as it has been shown time and time again.  America wasn't created as a democracy, but as a republic with democratic representation.  What you are calling "democracy" is called in more accurately, a coup or junta, typical of 3rd World dictatorships.  IconicExpert isn't Thomas Jefferson, he's Benedict Arnold.
acseric

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:28:33 PM

https://twitter.com/BryceWeiner/status/472095337016881152

They are saying on Twitter that there are 2 Billion coins, not 16.5million, is this true?

Now if this is true, expect more Yay posts!
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:33:12 PM

They are saying on Twitter that there are 2 Billion coins, not 16.5million, is this true?

Nope not true. There are 16.5 million coins, but as it's POS they just put i line 39 Max coins 2 Billion. This is so there is no errors staking coins. The number could be 10 trillion. Just more rubbish to lower the price.
abcdefg1234

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:44:55 PM

It's always the guys from Blackcoin spreading this shit. I think the BC crew are intent on destroying all other competition to be honest!

Bruce is most definitely not BC. lol
judgecrypto

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:49:52 PM

Judge Crypto

A psychic, eh?  I guess I wasn't far off!  My name isn't LibertyCoin, but since you're a psychic, you already know that.  In fact IE used the LibertyCoin account to delete a couple of my posts.  Made a thread about it, in fact.  Like to hear it?  Here it goes:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?  As far as things being gray with IconicExpert, what's taking him so long to give back the money?  If it was me I would be giving it back like hot potatoes--unless I'd already blown it on something.  Are things really gray or is the psychic trying to muddy the water?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626365.msg6958554#msg6958554

As for the ad-hominem, I'm attacking the entire package, because there really isn't much in the way of argument to attack.  Second, democracy left to its own is destructive of liberty, as it has been shown time and time again.  America wasn't created as a democracy, but as a republic with democratic representation.  What you are calling "democracy" is called in more accurately, a coup or junta, typical of 3rd World dictatorships.  IconicExpert isn't Thomas Jefferson, he's Benedict Arnold.

Your arguments make no sense.  I have said my peace.  Good luck.
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:57:46 PM

Libertycoin devs are scammers, get out while you can! I'm not saying this to FUD, i'm out since the crash, be sure you put your own safe exit points, don't let the dev run away with your hard earned money:
Another example of the scam:

https://twitter.com/Bird8880/status/472093983980527616/photo/1

Do you understand how POS works?
mistersushi

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:58:54 PM

Nope not true. There are 16.5 million coins, but as it's POS they just put i line 39 Max coins 2 Billion. This is so there is no errors staking coins. The number could be 10 trillion. Just more rubbish to lower the price.

Exactly.  Since BlackCoin came up, its code reads the same way.
Pages: « 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 [299] 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: