Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:25:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new Uro logo?
Yes - 69 (54.3%)
No - 33 (26%)
I like the new and old ones equally - 8 (6.3%)
Undecided - 17 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 127

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][URO] A Real Long Term Currency: 1 Uro = 1 Metric Tonne Urea Fertilizer  (Read 247320 times)
Frigga77

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:01:43 AM

Dev what happens to the coin? People just sell nobody buys
just bought some more, could not resist.
It will go up soon enough, people are just trying to get them cheap atm Grin
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:21:14 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 08:45:53 AM by nathalie20

Facebook, Twitter, Website: added advertising to promote UroCoin ( Ads are payable which ensures that the person will visit UroCoin )

UroCoin has promoted videos on youtube?
davisgreen

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:30:06 AM

Facebook, Twitter, Website: added advertising to promote UroCoin ( Ads are payable which ensures that the person will visit UroCoin )

Great job..we need more exposure for the URO. And the community needs to step up. Also start actively voting on Mintpal  http://www.minpal.com/voting

I can see easily the community focuus shifting from anon to commodities backed crypto and URO is the trend setter and a great purpose.

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:37:37 AM

question: currently the basis of the wallet and coin is just a simple clone. Will there be any additional features added to Uro in the future?
I don't mean gimmicks like anonymity or fancy skins for wallets, but features which change the flexibility of the coin, such as forking to a proof of stake method? reduce mining period? anything that us coin-geeks can drool over?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
nathalie20
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:48:54 AM

Great job..we need more exposure for the URO. And the community needs to step up. Also start actively voting on Mintpal  http://www.minpal.com/voting

I can see easily the community focuus shifting from anon to commodities backed crypto and URO is the trend setter and a great purpose.

I think Mintpal is good but must wait. Now you need to take care of the price at bittrex. Because it is far too low (41 k sats) in my opinion should be at least 80-120k.

We need a higher price to persuade new investors and new miners

https://www.mintpal.com/voting#URO
raskul

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:50:28 AM

Great job..we need more exposure for the URO. And the community needs to step up. Also start actively voting on Mintpal  http://www.minpal.com/voting

I think Mintpal is good but must wait. Now you need to take care of the price at bittrex. Because it is far too low (41 k sats) in my opinion should be at least 80-120k.

I don't think we need any toy exchange. That's not the purpose of the coin.
Lets get some real world work going on, I'm keen to see the outcome of the AGM next week.
Will there be a webcast of it? Can someone do this for us please?

nathalie20
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 09:58:28 AM

Dev maybe a new logo for UroCoin?
davisgreen

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:07:59 AM

Lets get some real world work going on, I'm keen to see the outcome of the AGM next week.

well - every little helps- dont just ignore the significance of being added to mintpal- it will be a great boost and right now we are at almost the bottom- as it rises up the voting list, the interest will grow.

Of course the outcome of AGM is more important, but as i said everything else to market and promote is too.

Bittrex price for URO is easily manipulated- theres hardly any sell walls, i alone can bring the price to 100k sat, without any pinch to my wallet Smiley.

I am voting every hour on mintpal. come join me Smiley)

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

raskul

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:15:12 AM

Great job..we need more exposure for the URO. And the community needs to step up. Also start actively voting on Mintpal  http://www.minpal.com/voting

well - every little helps- dont just ignore the significance of being added to mintpal- it will be a great boost and right now we are at almost the bottom- as it rises up the voting list, the interest will grow.

Of course the outcome of AGM is more important, but as i said everything else to market and promote is too.

Bittrex price for URO is easily manipulated- theres hardly any sell walls, i alone can bring the price to 100k sat, without any pinch to my wallet Smiley.

see bold
now, i'm not expecting you to put your money where your mouth is here, but comments like that, without evidence and action to back it up, are nothing but hot air blowing out of your arse. Sorry to be so blunt.

I'm buying up Uro intermittently, at sensible prices because I want to do good with it once the full plan of action is in force. I'm not buying it with the foresight of selling it at a higher price. I bought 200 yesterday and i'll maybe buy 200 more, but I'm not giving credence to your comment until I see some real bullish action on the exchange. Once that happens, I may well join in because nomatter my intent with the Uro that I buy, I'd like it to be realised at the real world price 1URO = 1MT UREA. Getting to this level, will show the coin as serious and valid for it's purposes. I could take it to that price today, but i'm not going to - i'm buying up for the sole purpose of being able to give charitable offerings in the future. And i'll buy in small increments, on an irregular basis

davisgreen

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:22:12 AM

see bold
now, i'm not expecting you to put your money where your mouth is here, but comments like that, without evidence and action to back it up, are nothing but hot air blowing out of your arse. Sorry to be so blunt.

I'm buying up Uro intermittently, at sensible prices because I want to do good with it once the full plan of action is in force. I'm not buying it with the foresight of selling it at a higher price. I bought 200 yesterday and i'll maybe buy 200 more, but I'm not giving credence to your comment until I see some real bullish action on the exchange. Once that happens, I may well join in because nomatter my intent with the Uro that I buy, I'd like it to be realised at the real world price 1URO = 1MT UREA. Getting to this level, will show the coin as serious and valid for it's purposes. I could take it to that price today, but i'm not going to - i'm buying up for the sole purpose of being able to give charitable offerings in the future. And i'll buy in small increments, on an irregular basis

What are you talking about- all am trying to say when u mentioned that the price is 40k and it should be 80-120 k. So what i meant is that the price can easily be on 80-120k with just buying the URO with 0.55 btc right now . Thats what separates it. which is not a big deal

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

raskul

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:25:52 AM

see bold

What are you talking about- all am trying to say when u mentioned that the price is 40k and it should be 80-120 k. So what i meant is that the price can easily be on 80-120k with just buying the URO with 0.55 btc right now . Thats what separates it. which is not a big deal

I'm talking about the action-plan for Uro, which you have clearly missed. Toy exchange prices are irrelevant.

pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 11:01:32 AM

X11, good.

Cryptostats.es
nathalie20
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:29:04 PM

Nicely Uro jumped to 50-58 and already we have 4 in mining on http://whatmine.com/

In the week I will try to get involved in the trial Logo Uro. I do not promise because I do not know how I'll find free time.
mistersushi

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:12:09 PM

see bold

I'm talking about the action-plan for Uro, which you have clearly missed. Toy exchange prices are irrelevant.

Yeah, who gives a rat's patoot if the usual day traders and speculators are buying?  What's important is that farmers buy URO.
true-asset (OP)

Activity: 252

Uro: 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 04:14:59 PM

question: currently the basis of the wallet and coin is just a simple clone. Will there be any additional features added to Uro in the future?
I don't mean gimmicks like anonymity or fancy skins for wallets, but features which change the flexibility of the coin, such as forking to a proof of stake method? reduce mining period? anything that us coin-geeks can drool over?

* All software below are open source licensed under GPLv3 unless the origin code base is incompatible - in which we will fallback to GPLv2, LGPL, Apache or MIT in that order.
* Community involvement is welcome if you want to contribute programming time, PM or email to foundation@uro.io.

Under development:

1. Nuro: an Android, iOS, and Windows Phone hybrid mobile app made with Intel XDK for managing a "Virtual Account" Uro wallet. Virtual Accounts are brain wallets that deterministically map a username and password combination to an address/private key via client-side Javascript. The web server side of the solution only broadcasts client-side signed payments and reads data from the blockchain - so there will be no risk to funds if the server is compromised - this architecture also permits multiple servers for scalability - similar to the way Electrum works. The solution is based on https://github.com/bitcoinjs. This app has a quick single tap feature to show the unspent balance of a paper wallet by scanning its QR code. The app also has a feature to exchange fiat currency/BTC to Uro via local exchange APIs. So far, only Coinbase (USA) supports automated, secure third party authentication via OAuth as well as a buy API call - but once the app works with Coinbase, adaptation to other nations/exchanges will be easy when they start providing OAuth and buy API calls (for other exchanges: at the moment, the current API Key authentication method can be used, but the user has to manually to create an API Key from the exchange website - quite a few exchanges also do not have a buy API call). The Uro will come from a hot wallet that is regularly replenished via purchases of Uro from cryptocurrency exchanges like Bittrex.

2. Two party and 3 party (escrow) Javascript client side web tools for Uro adapted from https://bit2factor.org/ and https://bitescrow.org/

Planned for implementation after the above have been completed:

1. Local block explorer based on https://github.com/etotheipi/PyBtcEngine

2. Virtual Account compatible desktop SPV light wallet using bitcoinj based backend with simplified GUI based on https://github.com/pavel4n/vertigowallet.org

3. Embedding of two party and 3 party transaction features into the SPV lite wallet.

4. Decentralized DNS based on Namecoin, with the main purpose to:

a) resolve 10 digit IDs to paper wallet addresses along with a accompanying tool to generate these paper wallets and automatically register the 10 digit ID.

b) provide easier to remember names for instant messaging

Pending results of feasibility study:

1. Automated phone/SMS system for checking unspent balance of paper wallets via 10 digit IDs - feasibility is based on access to telephones/mobiles by the intended users (farmers).

2. Extension of the hybrid mobile app to facilitate Uro purchase via PayPal Donations API (which accepts credit cards directly as well as PayPal funds and bank accounts in many of countries). The main feasibility issue is of course the PayPal policies on this matter - which is under investigation.

3. Direct instant messaging via Uro addresses in the wallet based on https://github.com/talkcoin,  https://github.com/Bitmessage or another solution. At the moment it is not clear it these feature can port easily to the mobile wallet - further investigation is needed to determine feasibility.

Uro: A Real Long Term Currency, 1 URO = 1 metric tonne of Urea N46 fertilizer[/url]
Urea N46 tracks gradual increases in energy and food prices over the long term.
raskul

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:31:43 PM

great, thank you for the very detailed and professional reply.

Smiley

davisgreen

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:14:26 PM

+1 dev
Best of luck

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:24:25 PM

is this coin a joke?

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
nathalie20
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:38:26 PM

is this coin a joke?

You're a joke, kid. How do you want to clutter up this post it is better to get out

Remember to vote on Mintpal
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 10:07:50 PM

* All software below are open source licensed under GPLv3 unless the origin code base is incompatible - in which we will fallback to GPLv2, LGPL, Apache or MIT in that order.
* Community involvement is welcome if you want to contribute programming time, PM or email to foundation@uro.io.

Under development:

1. Nuro: an Android, iOS, and Windows Phone hybrid mobile app made with Intel XDK for managing a "Virtual Account" Uro wallet. Virtual Accounts are brain wallets that deterministically map a username and password combination to an address/private key via client-side Javascript. The web server side of the solution only broadcasts client-side signed payments and reads data from the blockchain - so there will be no risk to funds if the server is compromised - this architecture also permits multiple servers for scalability - similar to the way Electrum works. The solution is based on https://github.com/bitcoinjs. This app has a quick single tap feature to show the unspent balance of a paper wallet by scanning its QR code. The app also has a feature to exchange fiat currency/BTC to Uro via local exchange APIs. So far, only Coinbase (USA) supports automated, secure third party authentication via OAuth as well as a buy API call - but once the app works with Coinbase, adaptation to other nations/exchanges will be easy when they start providing OAuth and buy API calls (for other exchanges: at the moment, the current API Key authentication method can be used, but the user has to manually to create an API Key from the exchange website - quite a few exchanges also do not have a buy API call). The Uro will come from a hot wallet that is regularly replenished via purchases of Uro from cryptocurrency exchanges like Bittrex.

2. Two party and 3 party (escrow) Javascript client side web tools for Uro adapted from https://bit2factor.org/ and https://bitescrow.org/

Planned for implementation after the above have been completed:

1. Local block explorer based on https://github.com/etotheipi/PyBtcEngine

2. Virtual Account compatible desktop SPV light wallet using bitcoinj based backend with simplified GUI based on https://github.com/pavel4n/vertigowallet.org

3. Embedding of two party and 3 party transaction features into the SPV lite wallet.

4. Decentralized DNS based on Namecoin, with the main purpose to:

a) resolve 10 digit IDs to paper wallet addresses along with a accompanying tool to generate these paper wallets and automatically register the 10 digit ID.

b) provide easier to remember names for instant messaging

Pending results of feasibility study:

1. Automated phone/SMS system for checking unspent balance of paper wallets via 10 digit IDs - feasibility is based on access to telephones/mobiles by the intended users (farmers).

2. Extension of the hybrid mobile app to facilitate Uro purchase via PayPal Donations API (which accepts credit cards directly as well as PayPal funds and bank accounts in many of countries). The main feasibility issue is of course the PayPal policies on this matter - which is under investigation.

3. Direct instant messaging via Uro addresses in the wallet based on https://github.com/talkcoin,  https://github.com/Bitmessage or another solution. At the moment it is not clear it these feature can port easily to the mobile wallet - further investigation is needed to determine feasibility.

Good answer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: