Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:29:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:28:05 PM

Hey guys, now don't take it the wrong way because I'm really not trying to troll.  VRC has proven itself to be a solid coin with talented devs who seek to innovate and aren't afraid to put time and effort into making the coin a success.  VRC and the team behind it get a big thumbs up in my book.

What I am about to say is more of a criticism of alt coins in general.

It kinda says something about the whole idea of alts when the latest fancy feature to cause a stir is "Hey, look at VRC, now you can use it everywhere BTC is accepted!".  Now I own many alt coins, I mine alts, I trade alts, but yet again, it begs the question no alt has ever been able to answer to my satisfaction which is, "Why wouldn't I just use BTC?".

I see btc like gold, and alts like currencies, btc will be the value rock on which alts get built, so btc will contain the value, the alts will contain the functionality and there will be a 2 way relationship between the 2.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alwa1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:28:47 PM

Looking at mintpal I dont see in wich coin I can invest, I rebought Veri for the long run. If this was the dump we recovered pretty well
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:29:30 PM

People talking about moving to other coins when this one dropped from 55 to 45k... hahaha ? Also, which coins ? Shitclones with devs more anonymous than the coins they are releasing ? DRK, XC and Vericoin are still at the top, even if their momentum will fade away for a while.

If DRK can ever actually deliver, it's already got the highest profile by miles and miles.  If it works, it's going to do very well, it's already done the hardest part of getting known to a wider audience.

Drk had a large lead, dev is out of his depth though and it's showing, that lead is evaporating...

T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:36:50 PM

People talking about moving to other coins when this one dropped from 55 to 45k... hahaha ? Also, which coins ? Shitclones with devs more anonymous than the coins they are releasing ? DRK, XC and Vericoin are still at the top, even if their momentum will fade away for a while.

If DRK can ever actually deliver, it's already got the highest profile by miles and miles.  If it works, it's going to do very well, it's already done the hardest part of getting known to a wider audience.

Drk had a large lead, dev is out of his depth though and it's showing, that lead is evaporating...

I disagree. Go to Darkcointalk and watch the developer threads. They are by far and away the most serious, active and open dev team in altcoins at the moment.

If there is a weakness about Dark it may be that they are too serious... and don't spend enough time doing hype talks on Google hangout.  Grin

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
alwa1

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:39:56 PM

I disagree. Go to Darkcointalk and watch the developer threads. They are by far and away the most serious, active and open dev team in altcoins at the moment.

If there is a weakness about Dark it may be that they are too serious... and don't spend enough time doing hype talks on Google hangout.  Grin
Both devs ares serious, dark hasn't focused on marketing yet and where darkcoin can be spend
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:42:15 PM

If they are the most serious active and competent, why all the problems that are then said to be 'simple' fixes after the event? Sorry i disagree...

jackylee

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:44:47 PM

I am very optimistic VeriCoin
blackbird307

Activity: 238

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:46:09 PM

If I can spend my VeriCoins anywhere I can spend bitcoins, it's already better than litecoin, regardless of the fee.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:47:21 PM

Kiss
Has VRC dev's released any working features yet?  Or are we still waiting on promises?

You mean VeriSMS, VeriSend, and VeriBit? Or do you mean the OBA or the MultiPool or maybe the Variable POS?

I was asking if these features have already been released in a downloadable wallet to the public.  Can you verify this?  Thanks

Variable POS is. We are releasing VeriSend and VeriBit integrated into the wallet tonight.

When u say tonight ... what ~time EST ??

And will it be avaiable on vericoin.info ?

OBJECT NOT FOUND
gnarl

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:48:19 PM

Hey guys, now don't take it the wrong way because I'm really not trying to troll.  VRC has proven itself to be a solid coin with talented devs who seek to innovate and aren't afraid to put time and effort into making the coin a success.  VRC and the team behind it get a big thumbs up in my book.

It kinda says something about the whole idea of alts when the latest fancy feature to cause a stir is "Hey, look at VRC, now you can use it everywhere BTC is accepted!".  Now I own many alt coins, I mine alts, I trade alts, but yet again, it begs the question no alt has ever been able to answer to my satisfaction which is, "Why wouldn't I just use BTC?".

Speed is a big reason, bitcoin is really slow these days.
Vericoin also pays interest while you are holding, and Bitcoin does not. Best reason ever.

Too bad it isnt a better POS interest rate though, the 10% -20% apr is lookin real good on some of the new coins.
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:51:06 PM

Both devs ares serious, dark hasn't focused on marketing yet and where darkcoin can be spend

The Problem with Darkcoin is they are workin on something so complex , that they barely capable to release it fully functional. Yes it is a good idea what they are doin..but is there not a more efficient way to do anonymous transaction?

Who knows maybe it will turn out theres a better way to hideyourass Wink.

DRK is are real competetitor to litecoin.
But maybe...

Litecoin Darkcoin and Vericoin ..and maybe some mysteriousCoin4... are just the 4 natural BitcoinHunters , while litecoin becomes old and slow..and get eaten by Hyena.

Cheesy

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:04:16 PM

Speed is a big reason, bitcoin is really slow these days.
Vericoin also pays interest while you are holding, and Bitcoin does not. Best reason ever.

Too bad it isnt a better POS interest rate though, the 10% -20% apr is lookin real good on some of the new coins.

VeriBit will be slightly slower than using BTC directly. It is an automated conversion of VRC to BTC and then sending of the BTC to the target address.
alwa1

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:05:04 PM

https://twitter.com/pnosker secong google hangout
T.Stuart

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:08:51 PM

The Problem with Darkcoin is they are workin on something so complex , that they barely capable to release it fully functional. Yes it is a good idea what they are doin..but is there not a more efficient way to do anonymous transaction?

It's actually very hard to make the anonymity work well and in as much of a decentralised way as possible. And they are wrapping up the anon feature within the POS (Proof of Service) model that pays Dark holders to contribute towards making the anon tech work by running masternodes.

The development is far advanced and the masternodes payment system is working right now as I write this. The issue has been getting everyone in the network to update in a timely manner.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:16:06 PM

Max Kaiser interested ?

https://twitter.com/KeiserReport
sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:21:20 PM

Max Kaiser interested ?

Inviting Vericoin team to join the show?
Crindon

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:22:26 PM

Max Kaiser interested ?

This should be exciting. It will give more awareness to an already booming coin.

Some more exciting events and maybe a major news source will pick us up.

Maybe another CoinDesk article.
T.Stuart

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:25:01 PM

Max Kaiser interested ?

This should be exciting. It will give more awareness to an already booming coin.

You must be kidding? The moment Keiser gets involved is when things implode. He's one of the strongest sell signals out there!

▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
alwa1

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:28:51 PM

Max Kaiser interested ?

You must be kidding? The moment Keiser gets involved is when things implode. He's one of the strongest sell signals out there!
Max Keiser is involved from a long time
blackbird307

Activity: 238

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:30:47 PM

Vericoin needs it's own forum, start a community.

Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: