Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:14:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
leckey

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:52:22 PM

This whole "my dad's bigger than your dad" debate is getting rather tedious...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:53:30 PM

Wallet missed deadline? Not surprised... Considering all the time the devs spent hyping their gimmick wallet "features'' on forums and video casts... Instead of coding.

pratico
Newbie    <<<<<<<<<<<

Luckily the forum aknowledges your level of presence.

ezimedia

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 12:57:58 PM

Not me, just someone from twitter, not the developers  Grin

313 btc is like $186,000 usd... nothing really but look at this again in 3-5 years and that $186,000 well will lol , I count can't that high..

makes my 380 coins look really  really sad...

Vericoins Here = VXCBhfbtwJDxnnQQRpUcpKKMwcsVGsT1AJ
LetsTalkBitcoin: http://ecoinincome.com.au/LetsTalkBitCoin.php
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 12:59:19 PM

About how much longer until I see my first pay out in vericoin from my mining rig? What determines when I've passed a certain threshold to where coins can be transferred into my vericoin wallet. Im kind of freaking out because I dont even see my VRC address in the worker stats. It will be there maybe like 1 out of every 10 times that I check. Just started about a half a day ago.

cgminer version 3.7.3 - Started: 2014-06-29 05:09:59 - 0 days 01:48:15
 Pool management GPU management Settings Display options Quit
 5s:198.0M (avg):190.5Mh/s | A:256  R:0  HW:0  WU:2.8/m  WUE:0.0%
 ST: 2  SS: 0  NB: 247  LW: 1276  GF: 7  RF: 0
 Connected to pool.vericoin.info diff 32 with stratum as user VGoTxH3RfGnWNGVSuA8p5cmEJ5VPVbbd4d
 Pool 0  Diff: 1.31M  Started: 06:57:52  Best share: 1.25K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 GPU 0:  70.0C 100%    | 197.2M/190.6Mh/s | R:0.0% HW:0 WU:2.8/m I: 5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Accepted difficulty shares: 1000
 Rejected difficulty shares: 0
 Reject ratio: 0.0%
 Items worked on: 436
 Discarded work due to new blocks: 512
 Stale submissions discarded due to new blocks: 0
 Unable to get work from server occasions: 7
 Submitting work remotely delay occasions: 0

I believe someone was working on a FAQ.  It would be great if that was posted on the veripool site.  I'm tired of answering the same questions...  If you search this forum for "veripool" you'll see that a lot of your questions have already been answered.  Off the top of my head, from what I have seen in your posts, it looks like you are trying to mine SHA256 with a GPU - no bueno.  Point it at the scrypt URL.  Also, I thought you said you didn't have a wallet yet.  You need a wallet and an address to mine into.  Also also, to search, just hit <ctrl>F and paste your address in the search box.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
onsightit

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:03:07 PM

Sure, however, this particular Wallet release is being heard but by Dev3, but effects. I'm working with moolah. Io on the next with fiat.

You sound tired - get some sleep and put out a quality product.  Ignore the FUD here... it's just bag holders in other coins talking.  My old wallet is chugging along just fine.

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
Rekatan

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:07:33 PM

I'm new around here so I probably missed the hype that has ppl in an uproar about this new wallet, but aren't we talking about a coin that's only a month and a half old here?! It's unfortunate that the target was missed but it's not like this is a deadline that was going to make or break the coin. If it happened habitually that'd be one thing, but once in a rare while is completely understandable, particularly since for most of us, cryptocurrency isn't our first job.
patronis

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:15:50 PM

I'm new around here so I probably missed the hype that has ppl in an uproar about this new wallet, but aren't we talking about a coin that's only a month and a half old here?! It's unfortunate that the target was missed but it's not like this is a deadline that was going to make or break the coin. If it happened habitually that'd be one thing, but once in a rare while is completely understandable, particularly since for most of us, cryptocurrency isn't our first job.

THe whole point is that there is no real FUD just children bought in during yesterdays pump and now waiting for the wallet release so the price goes up , so they can cash out and make couple bucks , fuders dont care about development or inovation , most of them ride the hype wave and yes most of them loose because they get too greedy. So thats why they travel from tread to tread and bitch around and blame other for there lost.
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:17:17 PM

Throughout the day not a shred of doubt it would be done. And then it was not. That is the only issue.

IMO Developers could to air on the side of caution rather than telling everyone its going to be out x day and then no word until the deadline passes. All day yesterday people on twitter had the chance to temper down expectations. Instead, they kept getting increased.

The roadmap said these would be released before if all work was done. So, all the hype that went into it, and not 1 bit of a heads up things might not be released that day. I mean why not come out and say, issues are happening, our devs could really use the extra 24 hours to put out a premium wallet.

Trust is very important in the crypto community.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
xCryptoManiaX

Activity: 361
Merit: 137

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:21:22 PM

THe whole point is that there is no real FUD just children bought in during yesterdays pump and now waiting for the wallet release so the price goes up , so they can cash out and make couple bucks , fuders dont care about development or inovation , most of them ride the hype wave and yes most of them loose because they get too greedy. So thats why they travel from tread to tread and bitch around and blame other for there lost.

is this meant to be ironic?

ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:25:03 PM

SHIT JUST GOT REAL     https://twitter.com/Cody772772/status/483235518566920192

Shocked
Rekatan

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:36:01 PM

Throughout the day not a shred of doubt it would be done. And then it was not. That is the only issue.

IMO Developers could to air on the side of caution rather than telling everyone its going to be out x day and then no word until the deadline passes. All day yesterday people on twitter had the chance to temper down expectations. Instead, they kept getting increased.

The roadmap said these would be released before if all work was done. So, all the hype that went into it, and not 1 bit of a heads up things might not be released that day. I mean why not come out and say, issues are happening, our devs could really use the extra 24 hours to put out a premium wallet.

I think we've all been bitten too often by scam coins to the point of becoming paranoid. Vericoin development's track record has been very good thus far. I got in late solely because I was seeing a lot of "too good to be true" but even I was sold on it. I think the least we can do is give them a bit of latitude with one missed target and some undercommunicating. Those issues can easily be corrected in the future.

Obviously though, if a month from now, the wallet still has never been released, I'll be singing a different tune, but that's a whole different problem by that point.
juanbond

Activity: 96
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:46:11 PM

How do I know if my coins are staking?  I've had some in my wallet for over a day now but nothing showing in the "Stake"...

leckey

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:47:16 PM

How do I know if my coins are staking?  I've had some in my wallet for over a day now but nothing showing in the "Stake"...

Hover over the blue VeriCoin logo in the status bar on the bottom right, it'll give you the staking info.

Rekatan

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:52:54 PM

In the lower right corner, you'll see the vericoin logo. If you mouse over it you'll be able to see whether your staking, and if not, why. More than likely you aren't if you encrypted your wallet or just recently deposited - you need to hold for 8 hours and need to have the wallet unlocked.

You won't see anything in the Stake section until an interest payout actually occurs.
onsightit

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:53:09 PM

"why i am mining and no payments yet?" (half day mining )
maybe coz it pays once every 24h like almost all the other multipools converting the payout from btc to other alts?

That is incorrect, and the FAQ on VeriCoinSupport.com is incorrect as well.  Payments are roughly every hour AFTER the first VRC has been "mined".

Whoever is doing the FAQ needs to go through this forum and dig out the correct answers or just take it down.

Ps: Search my posts related to mining. Most of my information has been from Pat, but I do not guarantee it's accuracy.  I've had to deduce alot...

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:55:20 PM

I think we've all been bitten too often by scam coins to the point of becoming paranoid. Vericoin development's track record has been very good thus far. I got in late solely because I was seeing a lot of "too good to be true" but even I was sold on it. I think the least we can do is give them a bit of latitude with one missed target and some undercommunicating. Those issues can easily be corrected in the future.

Obviously though, if a month from now, the wallet still has never been released, I'll be singing a different tune, but that's a whole different problem by that point.

You know, you are probably right. A majority of people, probably those from the penny stock community have a fair bit of skepticism. Usually when something is to good to be true it is.

Thats why words scare me so much. It actually turns me off if I would be trading this right now.

Actions at the end of the day are ALL that matter.

Release the features, and then talk about it is the way I would want to do it if I had a really innovative product. The more time you talk about, and not do it gives the competition time to beat you to market.

As of now we have words. And no features in a wallet. Now do I believe its not coming or you all been scammed? Not in the least. I got a lot of intellectual property in this coin that I am not going anywhere soon. What I do believe is now others are competing to put out similar products. Any further delays could see us being second to market, which would be a disaster at this point considering we could have kept quite and done this under the radar while others went on oblivious to the awesome things happening.

Just think about it. Rely on actions, not words my friends. Today is a big day!

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 01:59:24 PM

"why i am mining and no payments yet?" (half day mining )
maybe coz it pays once every 24h like almost all the other multipools converting the payout from btc to other alts?

That is incorrect, and the FAQ on VeriCoinSupport.com is incorrect as well.  Payments are roughly every hour AFTER the first VRC has been "mined".

Whoever is doing the FAQ needs to go through this forum and dig out the correct answers or just take it down.

Someone just said a day in forum to the question. I updated the F.A.Q with the correct answer. ty for correcting me.

Also, if you, or anyone else can think of good, relevant questions, with the correct answers I can update the F.A.Q with a lot more info today. As we speak I am moving it to a new theme and working on making that website more functional.

If anyone wants to send me a few VRC so I can try services for myself Smiley I'm here for the tech. Trying to create something in the next few years that will bring crypto to the next level. The only crypto currency I own currently is 1.00025 VRC that I got from a donation, and faucet Smiley

onsightit

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 02:22:57 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 02:48:46 PM by onsightit

Question for the devs:  Someone brought up a good point in the Google hangouts (I think) comments.  If veribit has to exchange vrc for btc, how can vericoin purchases be any faster than bitcoin?  The solution (if you have not already thought of it, and I'm sure you have) would be to use the VeriFund to pre-auth the transaction within seconds (fewer confirms?), and then the transaction slogs through the bitcoin network as per normal.  Is this the case?  If so, it should be made public knowledge to quench some of the fud out there.  If it's not the case, feel free to use the idea.

EDIT:
Also, I am still concerned about the 2 VRC (now 1 VRC) transaction fee.  I think for VeriBit to be accepted, the fee should be a percentage of the transaction value. I'd pay 1% up to a max of 1 VRC per transaction.  Like I mentioned earlier, if VRC is at 0.25 BTC and BTC is at $1000 USD, no one will use VeriBit.  Until VeriCoin is accepted natively, this seems like a fair fee to pay for the convenience.

SumthngsWrong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:23:19 PM

Hello Community!
 -I'm brand new here, but I have read numerous member's concerns here and elsewhere regarding the silver physical Vericoins, and I just wanted to paste this in here- (I bought mine yesterday)

Taken from the StartJOIN website:   https://www.startjoin.com/updates/project/physvericoin

Thanks to everyone for all the work you put into this (and other) forums- this has helped me stay informed, but alas, I feel I should join in, though I will admit that I really doubt I will contribute anything usefull for some time! Veri NOOB, I have so much to learn.

buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 02:24:46 PM

Hello Community!
 -I'm brand new here, but I have read numerous member's concerns here and elsewhere regarding the silver physical Vericoins, and I just wanted to paste this in here- (I bought mine yesterday)

Taken from the StartJOIN website:   https://www.startjoin.com/updates/project/physvericoin

Thanks to everyone for all the work you put into this (and other) forums- this has helped me stay informed, but alas, I feel I should join in, though I will admit that I really doubt I will contribute anything usefull for some time! Veri NOOB, I have so much to learn.

Welcome! The community is pretty helpful here, If you have questions or anything make a post and someone, often times a developer will respond to your concern.

Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: