Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:25:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:39:24 AM

In response to VeriBit being some gimmick.  No regular alt-coin in the near future will have BitCoin's market penetration, it is the Achillies heel of alt-coins.  However as far the end user convenience is concerned VeriCoin actually has more market penetration than Bitcoin.  All of Bitcoin's plus a few exclusive for VeriCoin.  That's a significant difference overnight.

Regarding convenience, that is why money and digital currency exist, it's more convenient than gold.

Again, how is veribit different than me taking another coin, say DRK, and exchanging it for btc on mintpal to make a purchase? Veribit doesn't revolutionize anything.  And guess what, both methods will take a similar amount of time and effort to make a purchase.  But Veribit has a 1 btc max right?...

Veribit is a gimmick and nothing more.

In fact, veribit is harmful.  The more people use veribit, the more VRC will be dumped into the markets (as it is being exchanged for btc to make the purchase), only dragging down the price. Looks like vericoin has invented the ultimate dumping machine as it becomes increasingly more "popular."  

VeriCoin is not a stock. It is money, and money is useless unless it is spent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:43:59 AM

I've not seen a bigger gimmick than veribit in all my years in crypto currency.  How do you guys not see this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

If it is such a gimmick, what coin do you see as having lasting value and not being gimmicky?
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:45:17 AM

This is just the calm before the storm
GridWorker

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:50:36 AM

Hey everyone, I am totally new in altcoin world.

Is the VRC availability going to have a side effect of bringing BTC to more people as well? Sort of boosting two coins simultaneously? Just wondering if I am understanding this correctly.

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
Autodidact

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:52:06 AM

A gigantic push for most alternative crypto-currencies is "merchant adoption" so that you can use the dang things outside of crypto exchanges and a couple random host services/online hot sauce vendors... VeriCoin solves that problem in it's own wallet RIGHT NOW.  It's a building-block to support the network of users.  You can't just build a huge support network of vendors over night, until you implement a feature such as this!!  In the future, the hope is that more and more vendors will accept VeriCoin directly, but for the time being, this is an amazing way of getting around that issue!
pratico

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:52:53 AM

I've not seen a bigger gimmick than veribit in all my years in crypto currency.  How do you guys not see this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

If it is such a gimmick, what coin do you see as having lasting value and not being gimmicky?

Any coin that offers truly innovative technology over the bitcoin platform, and also is backed by a legit dev team, is worth holding. Veribit holds no advantage over bitcoin, and in fact is subservient to bitcoin.

Verisend, if it becomes trustless and decentralized, would be one such example of an innovative feature.  But they are WAY behind in the race compared to DRK and XC which are both rushing for finished (non-beta) products.
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:55:57 AM

Hey everyone, I am totally new in altcoin world.

Is the VRC availability going to have a side effect of bringing BTC to more people as well? Sort of boosting two coins simultaneously? Just wondering if I am understanding this correctly.

I would agree with that. Bitcoin has a huge monopoly when it comes to digital currency, so much of what we do with VeriCoin (and other altcoins) often involves Bitcoin. Part of VeriCoin's targeted demographic are those new to digital currency, so any new people becoming involved with VeriCoin will most likely become involved with Bitcoin to some extent. In a nutshell, VeriCoin's success benefits Bitcoin.

Autodidact

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:57:47 AM

Any coin that offers truly innovative technology over the bitcoin platform is worth holding. Veribit holds no advantage over bitcoin, and in fact is subservient to bitcoin.

Verisend, if it becomes trustless and decentralized, would be one such example of an innovative feature.  But they are WAY behind in the race compared to DRK and XC which are both rushing for finished (non-beta) products.
You can keep mentioning DRK and XC, and you could even talk about NXT and Monero for their innovative technologies (and there's more to that list)... but at the end of the day, crypto currency needs to be functional, easy to use, and fairly distributed.  There are a ton of problems for every single crypto currency that can be talked about right now, and I hope you don't disagree, because that would be insane.  None of these technologies are ready for mass adoption/usage, but we are working to get there!
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:59:03 AM

Any coin that offers truly innovative technology over the bitcoin platform is worth holding. Veribit holds no advantage over bitcoin, and in fact is subservient to bitcoin.

You are joking. Right. Almost ALL altcoins have a technological advantage over Bitcoin. The only thing Bitcoin has going for it is it's monopoly of cryptocurrency. As that disappears over time, so will Bitcoin.

pratico

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:01:47 AM

You can keep mentioning DRK and XC, and you could even talk about NXT and Monero for their innovative technologies (and there's more to that list)... but at the end of the day, crypto currency needs to be functional, easy to use, and fairly distributed.  There are a ton of problems for every single crypto currency that can be talked about right now, and I hope you don't disagree, because that would be insane.  None of these technologies are ready for mass adoption/usage, but we are working to get there!

VRC seems to be a solid coin with a solid dev team. I'm not saying sell, I'm just saying veribit is not that great, IMO. Ultimately, I can do the same thing with any other altcoin as I can do with veribit, which is trade for btc to make a purchase... Can I not?
HoodRich

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:03:50 AM

This is just the calm before the storm

I 100% agree with you. No one knows the future, as in exact date. However, I believe we are going to see a huge Blast off that will send all the other alts crashing. When the dust settles, Vericoin will be #2 and will have reached a 1billion market cap, before settling back in to a range.

Why do I say this? Because, no other coin is even close. Not even LTC. These continued Pump and Dumps of Alts are driving people to quality. Once the Positive feed back loop starts (with the pricing going parabolic), there will be little stoping VRC. I am not a cheerleader, but really what other coin is better at this point?

List them below: 1. Let us know where we can use them.  2. Tell us about the dev team.  3. Can we buy them from our wallets? 4. Does there technology work? 5. What is there roadmap for mass adoption?

If you are going to try to poke holes in VRC, let us now where we can make some money in July 2014... Grin
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:04:32 AM

VRC seems to be a solid coin with a solid dev team. I'm not saying sell, I'm just saying veribit is not that great, IMO. Ultimately, I can do the same thing with any other altcoin as I can do with VRC, which is trade for btc to make a purchase... Can I not?

no you cannot do that as easily as you can with vericoin... lol nice try
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:07:50 AM

VRC seems to be a solid coin with a solid dev team. I'm not saying sell, I'm just saying veribit is not that great, IMO. Ultimately, I can do the same thing with any other altcoin as I can do with veribit, which is trade for btc to make a purchase... Can I not?

Nobody is disputing that. If you want to take the time, sure, why not. You'll save yourself a few pennies. As for me, I like the convenience, and judging from public reaction, so do many others.

pratico

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:10:32 AM

Nobody is disputing that. If you want to take the time, sure, why not. You'll save yourself a few pennies. As for me, I like the convenience, and judging from public reaction, so do many others.

Ya but the way you guys are marketing it is like its pure innovation, "use VRC anywhere btc is accepted," well, according to my previous statement, which you just agreed with, this same statement can thus be made of every altcoin. But VRC is acting like "use VRC anywhere btc is accepted" is unique to VRC. But we just both agreed any altcoin can be used to get the same end result that veribit gives. How is this not a marketing gimmick then?
MAD945

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:12:35 AM

I've not seen a bigger gimmick than veribit in all my years in crypto currency.  How do you guys not see this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

Verisend, if it becomes trustless and decentralized, would be one such example of an innovative feature.  But they are WAY behind in the race compared to DRK and XC which are both rushing for finished (non-beta) products.
You can keep mentioning DRK and XC, and you could even talk about NXT and Monero for their innovative technologies (and there's more to that list)... but at the end of the day, crypto currency needs to be functional, easy to use, and fairly distributed.  There are a ton of problems for every single crypto currency that can be talked about right now, and I hope you don't disagree, because that would be insane.  None of these technologies are ready for mass adoption/usage, but we are working to get there!

Ya but the way you guys are marketing it is like its pure innovation, "use VRC anywhere btc is accepted," well, according to my previous statement, which you just agreed with, this same statement can thus be made of every altcoin. But VRC is acting like it's something unique to VRC. How is this not a marketing gimmick?

Sorry Guys...this ones not getting it! I think this ones broken...
pb2014

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:18:15 AM

Ya but the way you guys are marketing it is like its pure innovation, "use VRC anywhere btc is accepted," well, according to my previous statement, which you just agreed with, this same statement can thus be made of every altcoin. But VRC is acting like "use VRC anywhere btc is accepted" is unique to VRC. But we just both agreed any altcoin can be used to get the same end result that veribit gives. How is this not a marketing gimmick then?

Soon you will be able to exchange USD to Vericoin through the wallet. Everything will be done through the wallet. No need to make exchange accounts. Can it not be any more convenient than that? Also being able to send Vericoin through SMS is going to be huge. Especially in third world countries many people do not have computers but they have cellphones. 
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:18:25 AM

I've not seen a bigger gimmick than veribit in all my years in crypto currency.  How do you guys not see this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills...

Verisend, if it becomes trustless and decentralized, would be one such example of an innovative feature.  But they are WAY behind in the race compared to DRK and XC which are both rushing for finished (non-beta) products.
You can keep mentioning DRK and XC, and you could even talk about NXT and Monero for their innovative technologies (and there's more to that list)... but at the end of the day, crypto currency needs to be functional, easy to use, and fairly distributed.  There are a ton of problems for every single crypto currency that can be talked about right now, and I hope you don't disagree, because that would be insane.  None of these technologies are ready for mass adoption/usage, but we are working to get there!

Ya but the way you guys are marketing it is like its pure innovation, "use VRC anywhere btc is accepted," well, according to my previous statement, which you just agreed with, this same statement can thus be made of every altcoin. But VRC is acting like it's something unique to VRC. How is this not a marketing gimmick?

Sorry Guys...this ones not getting it! I think this ones broken...

+ 1000000000 agreed send him back for reprocessing Tongue
sdmathis

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:19:10 AM

You do use VeriCoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted. Right from your wallet. You don't waste your time changing VeriCoin into Bitcoin or Bitcoin into USD or anything like that. You enter the Bitcoin address into your wallet and push send. That is innovation. If you can't see that, you are blind and there is nothing more we can say. You will continue in your ignorance and we will continus to spend VeriCoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted.

Cheers.

pratico

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:23:18 AM

You do use VeriCoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted. Right from your wallet. You don't waste your time changing VeriCoin into Bitcoin or Bitcoin into USD or anything like that. You enter the Bitcoin address into your wallet and push send. That is innovation. If you can't see that, you are blind and there is nothing more we can say. You will continue in your ignorance and we will continus to spend VeriCoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted.

Cheers.

Cool, I'll continue to spend the other 10 alts I own anywhere bitcoin is accepted as well, by trading them for btc, just like veribit does. Enjoy your gimmick for the p&d.
GridWorker

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:24:35 AM

we will continus to spend VeriCoin anywhere Bitcoin is accepted.

Is it possible through awareness and growth of the Vericoin name that some places may choose to accept Vericoin prior to consideration of BTC? Not exactly as a competitor to BTC, but in similar fashion to how some businesses accept Discover card and others accept American Express. Obviously this would be a ways off, but if the hype continues in the fashion it is, name dropping by important people, it seems plausible.

vrc: VBL3M6EzwcYZWeuDpgjG9bDQzTKb4ydiDy
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: