Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:20:45 PM

did you ever look at distribution of bitcoin or fiat? Smiley

and btw, some of the top adresses are exchange wallets, pretty sure nr.1 is mintpal wallet (they already make around 10-15% imo)

Yes i know what you meant but POW minig during 4 years is bit different than 7day mining.
BTC was build it price 4 years and have BIG infrastructure to maintain that price.
BTC owners was much more at beginig it will be stupid comparing POS to POW.

And remember if someone is kipping money on exchange wallet is is not willing keep that money for long.
I have few coins of-line because of that having them on exchange force me sometimes to sell in stupid manner.
I only keep on exchange money which i want to dump in 1st occasion.

Nobody doesn't dump all his coins at once  Cool
Nach whales do it when order book is filled and they get ROI from coin.
with some fud it cause panic sell stupid but true.

In therm of POS seciurity haveing only 1000 wallet is bad security.
PPC is mined and mined because of that wide distribution and to be able turn of
centralized checkpoints some day.

PS: GL with pump and BIG profits.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raleit2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Crypto is the Future!

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 08:25:45 PM

******effectsToCause
Please check your email. I would like to RATE VRC.
If anyone can send a message to the Dev, I would appreciate.
VRC has great potential good upward mobility.

http://cryptoanalytics.trade/

http://cryptoanalytics.trade/
1GJ6MocSnEih1tjPstsCKBxgH2PRpdBnVB
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:28:10 PM

Does anyone know if the wallet encryption key can be backed up?  Is it backed up with the wallet backup?

I'm asking because I'd like to know if an encrypted wallet backup can be restored on another computer.  I just don't have time to dig in the code right now...

im not sure if i understand your question.

If you want to know if you can restore an encrypted wallet, then the answer is yes (if you have your passphrase of course).

If you want to know if you can restore the Passphrase of your encrypted wallet, then no.

Thanks, the first answer is what I was asking about.  I'm going to test this out in a few minutes with a small wallet on an old computer.

1. Install wallet.
2. Encrypt wallet.
3. Send 1 VRC to it.
4. Stake wallet.
5. Backup wallet.
6. Copy wallet backup to another computer and import the wallet.
7. Just for fun, I'm wondering what will happen if the wallet is open on two computers...

exactly, just need to backup your wallet.dat which is located @ C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\VeriCoin

@7 hm good question, i dont think theres a problem though.

@xblade

i get your points, but the distribution is still pretty much the same.

what you fear is the dumping of early adopters, but dont you think its the same with every coin?
the important thing here is the utility and innovation of the coin, that will decide if it lives on or not.

its ok if you are only in for the short ride, alot of people probaly though the same when bitcoin went to 10$, to 30$, to 200$, to 1200$... you get what i mean?
i think vericoin is one of the few alts that really has great chances for the mid/long-term

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
patronis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:37:20 PM

[quoteQuote from: patronis on Today at 02:50:50 PM
well i said it 30min ago that it will hit 47-46 range and i got it right?Huh?(post is up)  so who was smart and sold @54n and bought @47 congrats ......atleast i did that
i'm out at 495k, tried to rebuy at 465 but never hit...  Undecided][/quote]

like i said second prediction of the day i said couple hours ago that we will reach @45 and we just did hope you guys sold high and reloaded this pump and dumps are so predictibale, such a many maker. Cheers to all that made money
bitc0000

Merit: 101

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:38:42 PM

Dumping 30 btc worth of vericoin from 55k feels like giving birth to the sun  Roll Eyes

virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 08:55:05 PM

well i said it 30min ago that it will hit 47-46 range and i got it right?Huh?(post is up)  so who was smart and sold @54n and bought @47 congrats ......atleast i did that
i'm out at 495k, tried to rebuy at 465 but never hit...  Undecided

like i said second prediction of the day i said couple hours ago that we will reach @45 and we just did hope you guys sold high and reloaded this pump and dumps are so predictibale, such a many maker. Cheers to all that made money

Will it go back to 50K?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
buy4crypto

Activity: 434

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 08:56:52 PM

Dumping 30 btc worth of vericoin from 55k feels like giving birth to the sun  Roll Eyes

Whats scary to me is. A friend I was talking with today heard me say he could use a credit card and get access to bitcoin markets. Within a few days that will be +1 new BITCOIN / VERICOIN investor. Only reason he hadn't prior to this was not wanting to set up a bank account.

If a random friend of mine just up and buys 2-3 bitcoins through VeriCoin wallet and keeps them for years. How will that effect demand? What if many others out there are in the same boat? He is the type to hold for years. I am helping him make a wallet in a few days once the integrated CC option is availible.

Pretty nuts to be in any other crypto right now.

It is everything bitcoin can be, and more. It can also be a viable option for people seeking functionality. Apple makes nice products, but they make them functional.

Why has no crypto competed with Bitcoin yet IMO? Its functionality. Everyday people don't want to mine crypto, they want its functionality.

All these other cryptos are focussed on the wrong things IMHO.

VeriCoin is special, with special people involved. Big mistake to under estimate this coin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
patronis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:58:17 PM

Will it go back to 50K?

offcourse 50k with these pumpers is 30sec and its up there. i think we will see 52 in a while , i was exaclly right 2 times today lets see if i can go 3 times  Grin
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 08:59:05 PM

Will it go back to 50K?

offcourse 50k with these pumpers is 30sec and its up there. i think we will see 52 in a while , i was exaclly right 2 times today lets see if i can go 3 times  Grin

At 52k this would be with all adjusted prices a new high, or roughly in that area due to the bitcoin price appreciation in past couple hours.

████ - freecrypto.top - btcinfo.top - DIGITAL CURRENCY DIRECTORIES - freeMonero.comfunbtc.xyz  ████
patronis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:03:21 PM

Whats scary to me is. A friend I was talking with today heard me say he could use a credit card and get access to bitcoin markets. Within a few days that will be +1 new BITCOIN / VERICOIN investor. Only reason he hadn't prior to this was not wanting to set up a bank account.

If a random friend of mine just up and buys 2-3 bitcoins through VeriCoin wallet and keeps them for years. How will that effect demand? What if many others out there are in the same boat? He is the type to hold for years. I am helping him make a wallet in a few days once the integrated CC option is availible.

Pretty nuts to be in any other crypto right now.

It is everything bitcoin can be, and more. It can also be a viable option for people seeking functionality. Apple makes nice products, but they make them functional.

Why has no crypto competed with Bitcoin yet IMO? Its functionality. Everyday people don't want to mine crypto, they want its functionality.

All these other cryptos are focussed on the wrong things IMHO.

VeriCoin is special, with special people involved. Big mistake to underestimate this coin.

Remember myspace.com the king of social media, it was cool and very popular once priced @350mil$ an then came facebook.com .Everything and everyone is replaceble my friend , its like the conversation i had with my friend who is a miner. I said Nvidia is the biggest supplier of GPUS it will think something up to compete with AMD to do mining and he said NOWAY miners use AMD fuck nvidia and now......he has 30 gtx 750ti Smiley
RJF

Activity: 616

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 09:05:10 PM

I think if you actually cared you would have PMed me by now to discuss your concerns with me. The fact that you haven't... despite replying several times, shows you don't ACTUALLY care about crypto in general but want to FUD VeriCoin. Our IIS server is very secure. You can say all you want but patched MS servers are secure.

+1 - Been running several for years. It's just like anything else in the computer industry, you can't "set it and forget it" you have admin the box which I'm sure will not be a problem here...

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:17:53 PM

Will it go back to 50K?

But it's worth keeping an eye on the lower trend because with that and slippage a trader might find themselves unable to buy back in without a loss.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Dvorakk

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:18:17 PM

Well... nice reload!  Grin
patronis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:24:08 PM

But it's worth keeping an eye on the lower trend because with that and slippage a trader might find themselves unable to buy back in without a loss.

true but even lets says someone bought @55654 and now comes the cry it still ok , i can bet him 1btc that he will make money probably in the next 24h-48h thats for sure , unless there is somehow a huge scandal involved with the devs , project dies or major fraud, but thats not happenig. Its just these days people forgot about patience and want a million VRC in an hour.  Grin
drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:24:13 PM

Only 48516 vrc outside of top 1000 wallets (top 1k has 99.82% of all coins)

Its a bit weird that the distribution has not changed at all even if vrc has these high volume days. Left hand to right hand trades to get volume up? AKA. manipulation
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/vrc/#!rich

You do relealize that a lot of those wallets are on exchanges...there might be some manipulation but not as much some other alt-coins
Yes i do, that's why I said that it is weird that it hasn't CHANGED
No new wallets created with any vrc in them
Was 2000 wallets roughly before this big run got started, during that week about 500 where created, then in past week we jumped to 4200 wallets.

I have a wallet, I have 1 VRC in it. You got people with 500k+ in top 10. It makes complete sense. Most coins are about same numbers.
Ok tbh the top 1k wallets held 99.93% of coins 2 weeks ago and now only 99.82%. My bad
Are you a troll who is butthurt he's not long this coin or just retarded.  Virtually every single virtual currency has 99% of the coins in the top 1000 wallets!!  This is because there's just not alot of people in crypto.  Now quit being a dumbass and go try to FUD your illogical BS somewhere else.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 09:24:48 PM

Will Vericoin pay taxes and will that be public record?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
patronis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:45:14 PM

Will it go back to 50K?

offcourse 50k with these pumpers is 30sec and its up there. i think we will see 52 in a while , i was exaclly right 2 times today lets see if i can go 3 times  Grin

here you go sir just like i predicted 3 time today?
buy4crypto

freecrypto.top

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 09:48:04 PM

State and local revenue (income) taxes

Again, there's no general rule that applies in every state and city. Sometimes all nonprofit income is exempt. Sometimes it matters how the income was earned, or what it's for. Sometimes the state or local rules parallel the federal tax statutes; sometimes they are completely different.

So I guess we need to establish what state VeriCoin is centralized in. That is hard to do however, as it doesn't reside anywhere.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:49:11 PM

i think as long as bitcoin does it, vericoin is good to go  Wink

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
keshuker

Activity: 395

aka. dibdab

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:50:07 PM

One question about VeriBit:

If the markets starts to crash, and ppl will liquidate vrc to btc through the veribit, will the btc buffer take market depth into account or can i get a better price of my VRC via veribit in a fast declining market? That would make the buffer bleed.

Edit:
Thinking of this some more. If we have a crashing market, veribit makes it even easier for users to dump VRC directly from wallet and you will probably get a better price than transferring to exchange, waiting for confirmation and trading.
This would accelerate the crash and bleed out the veribit buffer.

Anyone?

To add to this:
If i think price is falling, i can open up a veribit address for my mintpal btc deposit address and wait. If price drops, i can sell my vrc for the price 15 minutes ago and buy back lower. If it doesn't, i can just cancel the transaction.

Or have I misunderstood? Looks like bear market trading without risk. Of course it will consume the btc buffer in veribit
Pages: « 1 ... 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 [290] 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: