Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box  (Read 186883 times)
Inspector 2211

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 09:23:43 PM

Lol as far as I know they arent sending out any!

You guys are kind of ridiculous. I know a guy with a 30Gh mining farm who doesn't have an account on the forums.

Why do you assume that if 100 people don't all post at once that no one is getting singles?

With all due respect, I think it was YOU who said that their first batch is entirely sold out (and, by implication, now they have to wait till they receive batch #2 from China).
So, if someone draws the conclusion that for the next few weeks, no one is getting singles, I cannot blame them, because I arrived at the very same conclusion (without publicly crying a river, however).

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
  ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
          ████████████▌   █
        █████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
           ▀▀  ▀▀
BTC-GREEN       ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Ecological Community in the Green Planet
❱❱❱❱❱❱     WHITEPAGE   |   ANN THREAD     ❰❰❰❰❰❰
           ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 09:50:16 PM

Took out a loan and sent $30k to Sonny for my Rig Box today.  He estimates time to shipping at about 15 weeks.  I assume they could run into problems and it would be longer, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Regardless, it's a long time to wait, but I think I'll be happy with the purchase in the end.

I could make some sacrifices and afford to pay off the loan without income from bitcoins, but it'd sure be a repetitive kick in the nuts for a few years.

The only reason I feel ok taking this kind of risk is that my wife agreed to be supportive even though she finds it very scary.  If it turns into a disaster, she agreed to look at it as a joint decision and not play the blame game.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 09:50:41 PM

Lol as far as I know they arent sending out any!

You guys are kind of ridiculous. I know a guy with a 30Gh mining farm who doesn't have an account on the forums.

Why do you assume that if 100 people don't all post at once that no one is getting singles?

With all due respect, I think it was YOU who said that their first batch is entirely sold out (and, by implication, now they have to wait till they receive batch #2 from China).
So, if someone draws the conclusion that for the next few weeks, no one is getting singles, I cannot blame them, because I arrived at the very same conclusion (without publicly crying a river, however).

Hi Inspector 2211,

If you look back I edited my post to say "Rig Boxes" and not singles. That was my fault.

Best,
gigavps
Inspector 2211

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:09:10 PM

Took out a loan and sent $30k to Sonny for my Rig Box today.  He estimates time to shipping at about 15 weeks.  I assume they could run into problems and it would be longer, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Regardless, it's a long time to wait, but I think I'll be happy with the purchase in the end.

I could make some sacrifices and afford to pay off the loan without income from bitcoins, but it'd sure be a repetitive kick in the nuts for a few years.

The only reason I feel ok taking this kind of risk is that my wife agreed to be supportive even though she finds it very scary.  If it turns into a disaster, she agreed to look at it as a joint decision and not play the blame game.

Lucky you - my wife would most certainly play the blame game and thus I keep her totally in the dark about the three GPU mining rigs, the ZTEX FPGA miner, the twelve singles I have ordered (but not received yet) and the C200 which I have tried to order (but have no order confirmation for, yet). I'm mining in my rented business office, which she also does not know about...

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
  ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
          ████████████▌   █
        █████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
           ▀▀  ▀▀
    ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
           ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:11:58 PM

Lucky you - my wife would most certainly play the blame game and thus I keep her totally in the dark about the three GPU mining rigs, the ZTEX FPGA miner, the twelve singles I have ordered (but not received yet) and the C200 which I have tried to order (but have no order confirmation for, yet). I'm mining in my rented business office, which she also does not know about...
Good grief man - and she doesn't notice the $10k missing from your bank??
Inspector 2211

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:20:18 PM

After we got married, I changed my primary checking account into a joint account, but she didn't change her primary checking account into a joint account, so I was like: "Wow. O.K. Welcome to California Feminism."

Recently, I closed the joint account and instead I just give her a monthly allowance of $1,400 for food, clothes and gasoline, and of course I pay all the bills such as mortgage, utilities, property tax, car insurance, fire insurance, credit cards, etc. etc.

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
  ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
          ████████████▌   █
        █████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
           ▀▀  ▀▀
    ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
           ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄
max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:24:46 PM

my girlfriend too is all about the blame game...3 weeks ago I spent 175$ for 2 5870's. 175 for the pair!

Max...did we really need to spend the money for that?

she would probably freak-the-fuck-out if she knew how much i plan on spending...

here is how to argue and win...

max you spent 175 on videocards?

erin, we need to include gas, they were 110 kilometers away, so add an extra 220 kilometers worth of gas...plus some food and cigarettes for the drive. So lets say I spent about 240$ in total.

WTF?

can you tell me where else I can invest 240$ and make about 1000$ in a year?

um no...

STFU then, get back in the kitchen!

just kidding, she would kick my ass if i said that...but how can you argue with this:

I can invest 240$ and make about 1000$ in a year
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:28:32 PM

I told my GF I had bought 1 single.
After going through the numbers with her she said "Why don't you buy 2!?"
"I did!" I replied.
She got upset :/

I'm not going go to tell her I actually bought 4.
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:29:48 PM

my girlfriend too is all about the blame game...3 weeks ago I spent 175$ for 2 5870's. 175 for the pair!

Max...did we really need to spend the money for that?

she would probably freak-the-fuck-out if she knew how much i plan on spending...

here is how to argue and win...

max you spent 175 on videocards?

erin, we need to include gas, they were 110 kilometers away, so add an extra 220 kilometers worth of gas...plus some food and cigarettes for the drive. So lets say I spent about 240$ in total.

WTF?

can you tell me where else I can invest 240$ and make about 1000$ in a year?

um no...

STFU then, get back in the kitchen!

just kidding, she would kick my ass if i said that...but how can you argue with this:

I can invest 240$ and make about 1000$ in a year

Yup, you can't get returns like that anywhere else.

Even further off topic, but you reminded me of a joke I heard today that made me chuckle.
If a tree falls on a woman and nobody's around to hear it, what was a tree doing in the kitchen?
max in montreal

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:30:54 PM

why are womens feet smaller than mens feet...so they can stand closer to the sink... Shocked
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 10:31:45 PM

Wow. People must be really confident to invest such a large sum. It's nice to know that there are others that believe in Bitcoin. Most people think that i am crazy but no matter how this ends, we have to tell something to our grandchildren when we are old.

BTW, ordered 2 singles today. Cheesy

max in montreal

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:42:48 PM

whats the reasoning you guys are using to buy these instead of ICARUS fpga's.

just curious.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:45:04 PM

Wow. People must be really confident to invest such a large sum. It's nice to know that there are others that believe in Bitcoin. Most people think that i am crazy but no matter how this ends, we have to tell something to our grandchildren when we are old.

BTW, ordered 2 singles today. Cheesy
My brother has 1 grandchild and a second on the way ... oddly I still don't feel very old Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:45:09 PM

After we got married, I changed my primary checking account into a joint account, but she didn't change her primary checking account into a joint account, so I was like: "Wow. O.K. Welcome to California Feminism."

Recently, I closed the joint account and instead I just give her a monthly allowance of $1,400 for food, clothes and gasoline, and of course I pay all the bills such as mortgage, utilities, property tax, car insurance, fire insurance, credit cards, etc. etc.
Ah ok, that makes sense.  Wink
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 10:45:41 PM

My ex-fiance at first tried to some blame game on expenditure, i simply told her "Well, you are a student, living on a shoestring budget, and i bring the food on the table, and now that we are living together you have nothing to worry about living expenses, so stfu and concentrate on your studies!" and that was that, she didn't even say a single word couple years later when my business ran into trouble and i was making like 100€ a month max for quite a while ... That did tho probably contribute to the break up, but we never had even an argument about money after the first time.

I would never let girlfriend/wife interfere with my business investments, if i see something is going to bring X % ROI annually, all she'd need to know is that it's going to bring the bacon on table.

I'm still investing in GPUs for the moment, maybe i'll get a single or 4 next month or whenever shipping times get lower. Just got my electricity rate lowered significantly and still got few tens of kW available to be utilized Smiley Now that original hardware has paid off 150% it's time to invest again Wink

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2012, 10:46:32 PM

just curious.

Too expensive and too slow.

380 MH/s (?) for $600, really? Thanks, no.  Rather have 2x the hashrate for the same price.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:48:07 PM

just curious.

Too expensive and too slow.

200 MH/s for $500, really? Thanks, no.

This.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:49:53 PM

just curious.

Rig box should get 20Mh/w and was priced (when I bought them) at $25k each. That's $0.50/Mh which is pretty darn good unless you are really bargain hunting for GPUs and the other items needed to run them.

When the subsidy halves, we will see a lot of GPU miner become unprofitable with 2Mh/w to 5Mh/w unless the price rises substantially. I doubt the price will jump like this in lock step with the halving (I've been wrong before) so we should see the same thing we saw when the price went to $2. Miners will quit.
max in montreal

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:51:56 PM

ok....why will miners quit?
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 10:52:25 PM

ok....why will miners quit?

Mining will become unprofitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: