Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:50:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: na
na
na

Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY  (Read 816000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AtlanticWaves

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:39:32 PM

OK great, so I received a stake of just shy of 1% of the staked coin value, if for arguments sake I want to reserve 100% and have access to all my coins are the staked coins now locked down for 1% of a year, 30 days, other?

if you want to 'reserve' 100% of your wallet balance, simply encrypt it and keep it locked - you can change the reserved amount at any time, but always unlck your wallet before you want coins to mint.

Let me cone at this another way.  Lets' say I have 2.5 sync listed as staking and I have received my stake for those coins.  If I make the change in my wallet options to reserve those 2.5 coins so they won't stake, how long will it take for the 2.5 coins to be moved back to the spendable box so I can get access to them to move to an exchange?

I tried reserving a portion but the coins did not move to spendable.  It seems like once the coins have staked I have committed to some type of time contract that the coins must stay"unspendable" am I wrong?

And thank you for your help with this Raskul, I'm sure I'm just not explaining myself correctly.

50 confirmations.

reserve will only prevent it move to stake, will not move stake amount back to spendable. yes, 50 confirmations.

OK, BUT  Smiley I have 132 confirms on my first stake so I would think I could move at least some small portion of my coins back to spendable but I can't seem to.  Maybe I need 50 confirms AFTER making the reserved switch in the wallet preferences?
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:41:57 PM

OK great, so I received a stake of just shy of 1% of the staked coin value, if for arguments sake I want to reserve 100% and have access to all my coins are the staked coins now locked down for 1% of a year, 30 days, other?

if you want to 'reserve' 100% of your wallet balance, simply encrypt it and keep it locked - you can change the reserved amount at any time, but always unlck your wallet before you want coins to mint.

Let me cone at this another way.  Lets' say I have 2.5 sync listed as staking and I have received my stake for those coins.  If I make the change in my wallet options to reserve those 2.5 coins so they won't stake, how long will it take for the 2.5 coins to be moved back to the spendable box so I can get access to them to move to an exchange?

I tried reserving a portion but the coins did not move to spendable.  It seems like once the coins have staked I have committed to some type of time contract that the coins must stay"unspendable" am I wrong?

And thank you for your help with this Raskul, I'm sure I'm just not explaining myself correctly.

50 confirmations.

reserve will only prevent it move to stake, will not move stake amount back to spendable. yes, 50 confirmations.

OK, BUT  Smiley I have 132 confirms on my first stake so I would think I could move at least some small portion of my coins back to spendable but I can't seem to.  Maybe I need 50 confirms AFTER making the reserved switch in the wallet preferences?

your minted coins should go back to spendable automatically after 50 coinfirms (see what i did there?)
 can you post a screenie of the 132 confirms?

and make sure your wallet is unlocked.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
johntseng

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:42:47 PM

50 confirmations.

to clarify, 50 confirmations of the minted amount.

Nanolite : KStrzPctAn8Qr1QppWDMwhqdG9rzmtQNWV
endchat

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:46:01 PM

My wallet is stuck at 8200 with a 166 remaining.
I just downloaded a new wallet this morning and kept my wallet.dat and tried to redownload the blockchain.

Is there a fix?

yes - the fix is to Close the wallet and reopen it

Yes I had read to dothat if it was stuck at 10 blocks left.

Doing it now and it advanced by 3 blocks so I guess its working.
Thank you

edi: it got stuck again 2x...and I keep closing and reopening it.

Is this normal?
AtlanticWaves

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:47:00 PM

Let me cone at this another way.  Lets' say I have 2.5 sync listed as staking and I have received my stake for those coins.  If I make the change in my wallet options to reserve those 2.5 coins so they won't stake, how long will it take for the 2.5 coins to be moved back to the spendable box so I can get access to them to move to an exchange?

I tried reserving a portion but the coins did not move to spendable.  It seems like once the coins have staked I have committed to some type of time contract that the coins must stay"unspendable" am I wrong?

50 confirmations.

Minted coins are in spendable after 50 coinfirms yes that is working great.  Just trying to move (some) of the original stake coin back to spendable.  I did not shut wallet off after changing the option > reserve setting I just hit apply.  Will try that now.

No love still in stake.
raskul

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:47:10 PM

I just downloaded a new wallet this morning and kept my wallet.dat and tried to redownload the blockchain.

Is there a fix?

Thank you

Is this normal?

pretty much the same experience with many many new coins, yes.
once you get it to synchronise, it'll stay that way.

raskul

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:49:12 PM

Minted coins are in spendable after 50 coinfirms yes that is working great.  Just trying to move (some) of the original stake coin back to spendable.  I did not shut wallet off after changing the option > reserve setting I just hit apply.  Will try that now.

i don't think that'll work... but if your coins are staking.. you got no real issues? of course.... with every PoS coin, it's always the case, your staking coins will not be available until after they have fully forged new minted coins (that's just how it works i'm afraid)

johntseng

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:50:03 PM

50 confirmations.

if you still have coins at stake, that means you still have minted coin no 50confirmations yet and you have no method to move it back to spendable manually.

endchat

Activity: 269

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:51:56 PM

Is there a fix?

Thank you

Is this normal?

Ya I am officially stuck at 8234 with 135 to go

Sad
CodyF86

Activity: 161

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:52:06 PM

Since were about another 100 blocks in here is an updated bootstrap...Delete your block chain (blk001.dat) copy bootstrap.dat into users/appdata/roaming/sync then start your client.

If it is still wonky do the same thing again, but rename bootstrap.dat to blk001.dat and copy it to your appdata folder then start the client again.

SYNC Blockchain Bootstrap (Block 8369) - http://d-h.st/0VP
AtlanticWaves

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:53:24 PM

i don't think that'll work... but if your coins are staking.. you got no real issues? of course.... with every PoS coin, it's always the case, your staking coins will not be available until after they have fully forged new minted coins (that's just how it works i'm afraid)

OK so thats what I'm not clear on the staking process is not a one time payout for say June and then I can't stake for a month, it happens everyday or two?  

So , I just need to set some type of reserve and then wait to see when it "releases" the coins from stake...

Thanks
raskul

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:56:03 PM

OK so thats what I'm not clear on the staking process is not a one time payout for say June and then I can't stake for a month, it happens everyday or two?  

So , I just need to set some type of reserve and then wait to see when it "releases" the coins from stake...

Thanks

i'd say yes. as long as the reserve thing works OK, once coins have minted and the amount is back to spendable, from the staking part, then reserve *should* click them in.. but don't lock up your wallet until all your stake is minted (if that makes sense) - for PoS coins, it's always a good idea to leave the wallet unlocked at all times, and just use the reserve function.

AtlanticWaves

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:02:34 PM

Thanks

i'd say yes. as long as the reserve thing works OK, once coins have minted and the amount is back to spendable, from the staking part, then reserve *should* click them in.. but don't lock up your wallet until all your stake is minted (if that makes sense) - for PoS coins, it's always a good idea to leave the wallet unlocked at all times, and just use the reserve function.

So is staking a once a month process like a regular savings account?  After all coins get staked they will become immature for 30 days and then start over again?
raskul

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:03:51 PM

Thanks

So is staking a once a month process like a regular savings account?  After all coins get staked they will become immature for 30 days and then start over again?

no, stake is totally random, it works on coin weight (which I know little about) - but you will likely stake coins once every few days on average and the amount you stake will be relative to 100% per annum.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:07:54 PM

I think SYNC doesn't have enough problems, so add one more from me Cheesy Wallet crashes windows if left open (is overnight long time??? is 3-4 hours long time???). It crashed my system twice already, running no other programs but OS and wallet. I think it causes windows to BSOD.

I'm Windows superuser so don't even try to tell me to do some bulls**t, like install updates or drivers. My system is Win7 x64, has all updates and drivers and other stuff and it runs just fine for long periods of time.

buy a mac
I'd rather have a quarter pounder with cheese. Never liked thousand island on my burger. But about this gentleman's computer...
AtlanticWaves

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:09:17 PM

Minted coins are in spendable after 50 coinfirms yes that is working great.  Just trying to move (some) of the original stake coin back to spendable.  I did not shut wallet off after changing the option > reserve setting I just hit apply.  Will try that now.

Thanks

no, stake is totally random, it works on coin weight (which I know little about) - but you will likely stake coins once every few days on average and the amount you stake will be relative to 100% per annum.

Very good.  So in my case most of my wallet balance arrived from Bittrex in one large transaction.  I should probabaly break that into smaller parts and separate them by 6 hours or so just so I always have options for spendable coins once the high price madness starts.   Cheesy

Because with my luck the coins will go into stake the exact second that the price spik3es to 10 BTC.
johntseng

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:15:13 PM

Minted coins are in spendable after 50 coinfirms yes that is working great.  Just trying to move (some) of the original stake coin back to spendable.  I did not shut wallet off after changing the option > reserve setting I just hit apply.  Will try that now.

Thanks

Very good.  So in my case most of my wallet balance arrived from Bittrex in one large transaction.  I should probabaly break that into smaller parts and separate them by 6 hours or so just so I always have options for spendable coins once the high price madness starts.   Cheesy

Because with my luck the coins will go into stake the exact second that the price spik3es to 10 BTC.

no.
every time it stake, it will separate to 2 similar amount.

corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:17:14 PM

do you know if bttrex is on a wrong blockchain?

Not received yet a SYNC withdrawal from bttrex since this morning...

I will try to talk to him on IRC now.

I just sent you a PM with all data about this SYNC withdrawal from bttrex.
Thanks again
Matni

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:19:44 PM

getstakeinfor returned this just now:

{
"enabled" : true,
"staking" : false,
"errors" : "",
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00000095,
"search-interval" : 1,
"weight" : 0,
"netstakeweight" : 4,
"expectedtime" : -1
}

current block is 8367. Haven moved anything from wallet in days and no staking yet. does anything jump out at any of you coders out there?

I'm upto date with wallet and blockchain yet I get this from getstakinginfo

{
"enabled" : true,
"staking" : false,
"errors" : "",
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00000103,
"search-interval" : 0,
"weight" : 0,
"netstakeweight" : 4,
"expectedtime" : -1
}

Shouldn't the blocksize be 1000?

https://twitter.com/CryptoMatni
"I am Lindsey Lohannnnnnnn"
coinjohn

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 03:26:10 PM

the tx fee's need to be hardcoded on every type of transaction, probably the reason some people have already 100+ confirmations on minted coins and can't use them yet.

is there any other issue/issues that need/s to be mitigated?

if there is/are, can we make a concise list of them and address the dev asap?

p.s.1 hopefully only members interested for the coin are left in this thread that don't wish to see both their investments and time become worthless (we can assume it's troll free now)
p.s.2 and once issues have been mitigated it would be wise to give some pump to the coin and see things progress on their own
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: