Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:43:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:06:41 PM

Sounds reasonable, and consider yourself lucky if you start getting coins that stake within a week. With the current difficulty you should start seeing more and more stakes in about a month.

Just curious, why do you say "in a month"?  I thought coin age doesn't really matter with clam staking.. unless I'm missing something.

Just compare the weight of each stack today compared to yesterday and you will see as time passes(age) the weight of each stack will grow. Probably need to get a best practices for staking guide going so its clear. I remember when you only needed a few coins in a stack to have a decent chance at staking.

Just view your coins in list mode and order them by weight and you will see what I am talking about with age and weight
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:20:16 PM

It's fairly deceptive to slowly leak your investment into Just-Dice at the opening rather than investing what you had to start with.

I don't think so. While it is true that I didn't invest all my coins at once, I wasn't aiming to deceive anyone. The whole reason for having a crowd-sourced bankroll is that I never wanted to have too high a percentage of the bankroll. It's risky bankrolling a dice site, and I would rather that risk be shared between multiple investors.

I understand though and it's just part of the game when you corner a market, but still want to appear fair.   Roll Eyes

I don't know if you are aware of it or not, but you owned more CLAMs than I did when Just-Dice launched with CLAMs. I mentioned to you that I was working on getting the CLAM client into a state that it would work with Just-Dice and you immediately set about buying up all the CLAMs you could. If anyone was trying to "corner a market", it was you.

I have just over 500 in my wallet [...]. Can I reasonably expect to average 1 a day?

I look at it like this:

Just-Dice is staking 1134k CLAMs at the moment, and stakes around 1220 times per day. Dividing those two numbers, it takes 929 CLAMs to stake once per day.

Note that CLAM outputs have zero weight for the first 4 hours after they arrive in your wallet. They don't start trying to stake until they have rested for 4 hours after being involved in a transaction, and so the estimated time to stake won't drop until 4 hours after any new CLAMs are deposited to your wallet.

BTW this has nothing to do with the ongoing controversy. I have nothing but admiration for Dooglus and Deb. I am willing to give up the bankroll proceeds to help the CLAMS network.  LLTGC   

I agree with what you are doing. A few days ago someone withdrew 17k CLAMs and split them into piles of 100 for staking. I think this is good for CLAM as a whole, to have the staking distributed more.

Just curious, why do you say "in a month"?  I thought coin age doesn't really matter with clam staking.. unless I'm missing something.

Coin age isn't relevant, other than the "510 blocks after staking" and "4 hours after transacting" rules. After that, each 1 CLAM has a weight of 1. After a month, your balance will have grown by X%, but the total network stake will probably have also grown by X% and so your share of it will be roughly constant. And that's ignoring the effect of digging, which will cause your share to slightly reduce. But also ignoring the effect of some people (eg. poloniex) not staking, which will cause your share to slightly increase...

I am not sure I understand, why do I see the weight of stacks grow with age?

Are you saying that a 10 day old stack of 20 with a 200 weight has the same chance to stake as a stack of 20 with 1 weight?

If so I have been pretty lucky in spite of myself over the past year

I think what's going on is that the Qt client hasn't been updated to know that stack weights don't increase over time. So it shows the weights increasing over time when they don't really. Stacks of 20 CLAMs all have a weight of 20 once they are mature (and have rested for 4 hours), whatever the Qt client shows. I just checked, and I removed the 'weight' column from Qt's coincontrol dialog in September.

Maybe you aren't running the latest release, or maybe that change isn't in a released version yet. Either way, it's going to go away. In fact I just noticed that the above commit didn't remove the column fully, it just removed its content. I've now pushed a change which removes the column itself as well.

Doog did say I was a liar though.

I didn't call you a liar. I called your statement that the CLAM developers were threatening to remove digging "a lie" - since it isn't true.

I said I bought into CLAM on my own research of studying his post.  This was a lie and Dooglus was deceptive by not correcting it, but he never lied about it.

Are you saying that I have a responsibility to correct every incorrect statement I see people post, otherwise I am being deceptive? That seems like quite a lot of work you're putting on me.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Cicero2.3

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:30:58 PM

Thanks Dooglus for the detailed information. It is exciting to be an "early adopter" in this coin. 
thefix
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:44:09 PM

Thank you for clearing that up Dooglus and thank you for fixing the client to show the correct weight relative to the size of the stack.

The incorrect data in the client led me to believe that the growing weight was a factor.

My mistake based on the data I had available in the client
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:58:44 PM

Thank you for clearing that up Dooglus and thank you for fixing the client to show the correct weight relative to the size of the stack.

Well, my first fix, back in September, left an empty column called "12":

And today I removed the empty column, so now there's no "weight" at all:

I figure there's no point showing the weight when it's just the same as the value in CLAMs.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ReallyRedRum

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:16:06 PM

I like staking clams.  Grin

https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=8768
https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=JuvbcI1CzI
https://www.bitmex.com/register/f1qY9q
https://www.okcoin.com/?invid=2076079
https://simplefx.com/?sfx-r=fb817c64-a4af-4d28-9d5e-8eb918121483
https://bit4x.com/invite/2c724af5
https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=4vi3
https://www.quadrigacx.com/?ref=jsmu1vwd8mir1a35fa67ogwb
https://primedice.com/?ref=CarlJeff
https://purse.io/?_r=B2Z_KK
thefix
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:27:41 PM

Well, my first fix, back in September, left an empty column called "12":

And today I removed the empty column, so now there's no "weight" at all:

I figure there's no point showing the weight when it's just the same as the value in CLAMs.

Awesome, and it turns out I was running an older client

With the current estimate of  a stack of 900 + clams in order to stake daily would it be correct for me to calculate that it might take more than a month for a stack of 20 to stake? Something like 40 + days is what my estimates are

Was the reasoning behind using stake size to discourage people from having a ton of small stacks?
djhomeschool

Activity: 340
Merit: 164

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:31:50 PM

No, it's just how things have panned out over time/as a result of the lotto style of staking. When there were less CLAM, it was easier to obtain the number needed to stake daily, which is approximately (# of CLAMs in existence / 1440)

Doog's estimate will be more accurate because it accounts for stake weight - ie, CLAMs in existence not being staked.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:00:29 PM

Can I use setstakesplitthreshold command in console to prevent my blocks from splitting below the size I want them to split?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
VultureFund

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:43:08 PM

OK LADIES LAST ADVICE

SELL YOUR CLAMS NOW, THE PARTY IS OVER

SUB 0.001 BY THE END OF NEXT WEEK, MARK MY WORDS

REALLY, I'M NOT KIDDING  Wink
Cicero2.3

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:17:25 PM

OK LADIES LAST ADVICE

You better hit your faucet rotation hard then. Will take an awful lot of clam to drive it down that far.

How is that iota pump going?
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:38:58 PM

OK LADIES LAST ADVICE

Lets make a deal. If CLAM is not 0.001 by the end of next week then you disappear from here and stop posting here. You stop the fudding and preferably disappear from this forum in general. Looks like a real good chance to prove yourself and show others you are just not full of hot air.
VultureFund

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:12:45 PM

OK LADIES LAST ADVICE

Lets make a deal. If CLAM is not 0.001 by the end of next week then you disappear from here and stop posting here. You stop the fudding and preferably disappear from this forum in general. Looks like a real good chance to prove yourself and show others you are just not full of hot air.

Accepted.

IF THIS SHITCOIN IS NOT BELOW 0.001 BY NEXT SUNDAY, I PROMISE TO DISSAPPEAR FROM THIS SHITCOIN THREAD FOREVER

Anyway, I'm not gonna dissapear of the forum. My mission is to support clean, valuable and innovative projects, and to crash shitcoins like this one. And of course, to have good profits by doing so. Grin

A PROMISE IS A PROMISE, AND I NEVER WAS, NEVER BE, AND NEVER WILL BE A TRAITOR

PD: Remember to sell, it's your last chance to enjoy these prices. 

edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:15:42 PM

OK LADIES LAST ADVICE

Accepted.

IF THIS SHITCOIN IS NOT BELOW 0.001 BY NEXT SUNDAY, I PROMISE TO DISSAPPEAR FROM THIS SHITCOIN THREAD FOREVER

Anyway, I'm not gonna dissapear of the forum. My mission is to support clean, valuable and innovative projects, and to crash shitcoins like this one. And of course, to have good profits by doing so. Grin

Thank you. If what you say is correct then we will see some serious action in the coming day's. If it is not then this project moves on as it has and everything will go back to normal. Leaving the thread will be fine, and im pretty sure everyones fine with that.
Let the games begin!
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:37:45 PM

Can I use setstakesplitthreshold command in console to prevent my blocks from splitting below the size I want them to split?

No, but you can put:

splitsize=10

in clam.conf in the same folder as your CLAM wallet.dat and it will only split to size 10 or more.

You need to restart for changes to that file to take effect.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:54:13 PM

OK LADIES LAST ADVICE

REALLY, I'M NOT KIDDING  Wink

Accepted.

Thank you. If what you say is correct then we will see some serious action in the coming day's. If it is not then this project moves on as it has and everything will go back to normal. Leaving the thread will be fine, and im pretty sure everyones fine with that.
Let the games begin!

I'll watch with interest.

One problem - I'm seeing "end of next week", and "next Sunday" thrown around.  

How about some dates.  To me, "next Sunday" as it's being used here is January 24.  So the game ends one minute after 23:59 (poloniex time?) on Sunday, January 24, right?

One more thing - is VultureFund another name for BCX, or is he just the winner of the "Miss BCX" award at this year's cryptocurrency cosplay gala?

One more more thing - As VultureFund points out about himself, he is a good guy on a good mission, not unlike Mother Theresa or Donald Trump or Ross Ulbricht.  But can he please stop using such shitty language?  It will complicate the canonization process.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
VultureFund

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 08:14:48 PM

OK LADIES LAST ADVICE

Accepted.

Let the games begin!

How about some dates.  To me, "next Sunday" as it's being used here is January 24.  So the game ends one minute after 23:59 (poloniex time?) on Sunday, January 24, right?

One more thing - is VultureFund another name for BCX, or is he just this year's winner of the BCX cosplay competition?

One more more thing - As VultureFund points out about himself, he is a good guy on a good mission, not unlike Mother Theresa or Donald Trump or Ross Ulbricht.  But can he please stop using such shitty language?  It will complicate the canonization process.

Correct, I meant one minute after January 24 at 23:59 poloniex time.

I dont know WTF is BCX or what are you talking about.

And yes, I am a very good guy, but only with the good ones. Wink Wink Sorry for my english, in my country we studied only a couple years english language, so my vocabulary is very short. I say "shit" multiple times cause I don't know any more disgusting words, and google doesn't help...

You should see what I see everyday to understand, lot of misery. This scammy world is giving me an opportunity to profit, but most of this profits go to a good cause, I promise.

Luckily, by the end of this month, our patrimony will go to a next dimension. You know why? Cause our golden girl will be born. Yes, you know which coin am talking about. Wink

You just cannot imagine what I can do with a single BTC in my country.  Cheesy
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 04:34:06 AM

OK LADIES LAST ADVICE
Accepted.
Let the games begin!
One more thing - is VultureFund another name for BCX, or is he just this year's winner of the BCX cosplay competition?
Correct, I meant one minute after January 24 at 23:59 poloniex time.
I dont know WTF is BCX or what are you talking about.
And yes, I am a very good guy, but only with the good ones. Wink Wink Sorry for my english, in my country we studied only a couple years english language, so my vocabulary is very short. I say "shit" multiple times cause I don't know any more disgusting words, and google doesn't help...
You should see what I see everyday to understand, lot of misery. This scammy world is giving me an opportunity to profit, but most of this profits go to a good cause, I promise.
Luckily, by the end of this month, our patrimony will go to a next dimension. You know why? Cause our golden girl will be born. Yes, you know which coin am talking about. Wink
You just cannot imagine what I can do with a single BTC in my country.  Cheesy

I will be leaving your most recent 'market prediction'. 

I will be deleting all future 'market predictions' you post.

This is the announcement and development thread for CLAM; not a trader's forum.

You are being asked to refrain from making any additional posts of this nature.

If you have substantive relevant information to contribute to the conversation; feel free to continue posting.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 05:13:43 AM

Good eyes dooglus https://github.com/alerj78/lucky7coin/issues/1

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2016, 05:23:31 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 05:45:35 PM by SuperClam

Posted March 8th, 2015....

sighs

EDIT: For the record, it appears the Cryptsy 'hack' is claimed to have occurred prior to above issue report.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
Pages: « 1 ... 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: