Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:59:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 256 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer  (Read 387448 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:32:31 AM

InfoFront's Daily AltCoin Observation: Boolberry has one of the worst names of any altcoin. Based on that fact alone, it has an approximately 0% chance of success.
This has been brought up in their thread countless times. I think CZ has some kind of emotional attachment to the name. Boolberry: because I want a currency that could reasonably be mistaken for fruit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:44:09 AM

InfoFront's Daily AltCoin Observation: Boolberry has one of the worst names of any altcoin. Based on that fact alone, it has an approximately 0% chance of success.
This has been brought up in their thread countless times. I think CZ has some kind of emotional attachment to the name. Boolberry: because I want a currency that could reasonably be mistaken for fruit.

'Boolberry' is a great name.  It's distinct, memorable, and playful, with a pun in there for math nerds, just like 'Google.'

The logo is also very sweet and much better than Monero's boring 'serious professional' orange/grey nastiness.

But please keep complaining about it, because the more publicity BBR gets the more valuable my stack becomes!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:46:18 AM

The "Play nice" people seem to think there can be more than one winner in this space.  

This was an interesting quotation to me as I do try to play nice. I had a keen eye on BitMonero when it was planned for launch, trying to reason with thankful_for_today et al about renaming the coin before it was launched and other general things. It was obvious that we were dealing with someone from the original Bytecoin coding team, so even after the disagreements between him and some of us who were following the ANN thread, we stuck around and when I saw the others who were into BitMonero, I knew it would have success. By the way none of the current vocal members of XMR were there when all of this was taking place. I never envisioned others would be promoting it so hard, and in my mind I knew that this would be the CN coin to go with even if there were no Heroes around.

When Boolberry came on to the scene, I rejected it and saw it as an unnecessary noise that would create some unwanted competition with XMR and the name didn't help the case to get acceptance. I didn't mine it and didn't even care what was happening with it, just like I hadn't cared for the Quazarscam (though Qcn was very frustrating crapping on the BMR thread those days). But then the pump happened and I saw people discussing it here and there and I checked the thread. I knew it was being the victim of FUD, deliberations and financial attacks right away. By that time it was hitting the current bottom in prices and it wasn't matching up with all the technical developments that were showing up in the thread. I made my own assumption that zoidberg was probably also one of the core CN reference devs with the command he had. Despite all this I can understand why playing nice is not part of the game and why people continue to defame him personally and ridicule his technical progress along with other absurdities.

I just refuse to play that game. I am not saying others need to do it too, but till date there have been zero reasons provided on this thread or elsewhere that makes me want to dispose of the BBR I procured earlier in August. People love an underdog story. It may be me today, but I bet people are going to question the market dynamics of BBR down the road once they find out too.

Maybe I should have put this another way.  I feel major adoption is inhibited until there is a clear cut winner.  I don't think that means shill louder or all the other shit that goes on.  More of a technical / adoption aspect.  

I think your point was quite clear and you may be correct in the hypothesis. Coincidentally, I have been thinking along those lines myself once I evaluated BBR a few weeks ago and had also come to my own conclusion that put me in a rather comfortable personal zone;

There will never be a consensus on any solitary crypto currency.  

I don't want to lead the debate about this conclusion, but will certainly chime in with my thoughts in time.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:48:59 AM

'Boolberry' is a great name.  It's distinct, memorable, and playful, with a pun in there for math nerds, just like 'Google.'

The logo is also very sweet and much better than Monero's boring 'serious professional' orange/grey nastiness.

But please keep complaining about it, because the more publicity BBR gets the more valuable my stack becomes!   Cool

Monero sounds like money, Boolberry sounds like fruit. It's a different approach, which is fine, but I think it's pretty obvious which CN coin will be #1. I do however agree that the Monero color scheme and logo are nasty.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:56:21 AM

^I do wish the input for the logo design and color scheme was a bit more openly crowdsourced.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:06:47 AM

^I do wish the input for the logo design and color scheme was a bit more openly crowdsourced.

It was very open.  There was a competition thread.  Many entries were submitted.  I have no idea of the mechanism by which the winner was selected.  I think it involved a consultant.  If so, they paid too much.  Boolberry's logo is not all that suitable, but it is an order of magnitude better.  Perhaps one day a reimaging might be considered.  I think it would be premature now.  The present choice has many virtues, in any case.  Even if it is ugly and orange.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:25:14 AM

I like the logo.

The logo is not important.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:10:21 AM

Monero sounds like money, Boolberry sounds like fruit. It's a different approach, which is fine, but I think it's pretty obvious which CN coin will be #1. I do however agree that the Monero color scheme and logo are nasty.

Infoseek sounds like a search engine.  Webcrawler sounds like a search engine.  Savvysearch sounds like a search engine.

Google sounds like a very large power of 10, as named by a 9 year old.

Yahoo sounds like a rude degenerate person who flings poo from a tree.

I think it's pretty obvious which search engine will be #1.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:23:47 AM

Add 'ogle' and 'goggle' to your vocabulary.

Yahoo(ooo...) is an exclamation of delight. Perhaps it is more well known in the USA. We used to yell it as kids before or after we did some exciting thing such as jump off buildings. The British and Americans diverge on language in some cases, and I believe we (Americans) created the internet.

P.S. I been regularly eating blueberries for the past week and seems to make my health excellent. They are apparently a very powerful anti-oxidant and aid mental function.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:34:59 AM

Yahoo is an exclamation of delight. Perhaps it is more well known in the USA. We used to yell it as kids before or after we did some exciting thing such as jump off buildings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googol  "A googol is a large number, the digit 1 followed by 100 zeroes
The term was coined in 1938[1] by 9-year-old Milton Sirotta, nephew of American mathematician Edward Kasner. Kasner popularized the concept in his 1940 book Mathematics and the Imagination."

I'm very sorry you never read Gulliver's Travels.  Swift was a genius working in the medium of satire, and his texts were the South Park of his era.

The set of terms presently forgotten from my vocabulary approximates the entirety of your own at its zenith.   Wink

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/yahoo

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:35:40 AM

Now I am going to teach you something if you are not already aware of the distinction. Data driven marketing is a refinement mechanism.

I am familiar with both the distinction and the characterisation but it may be new to others.

My target market thoughts. The abnormal inequality of distribution (by design) is killing crypto-currency.

Thud.  Tongue

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Who cares?

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:46:37 AM

'Boolberry' is a great name.  It's distinct, memorable, and playful, with a pun in there for math nerds, just like 'Google.'

But please keep complaining about it, because the more publicity BBR gets the more valuable my stack becomes!   Cool

I though I was the only one who felt that way about the name.
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:37:05 AM

Is it the time to buy XCN yet?
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:59:11 AM

I'm not really familiar with how his other projects intend to make money.
You make certain assumptions there, for which I would like to see evidence.  Evidence would certainly make me much more positively disposed to James' ... projects.

Assumptions that his other projects make money? I have no idea personally, but unsurprisingly he's convinced they will. So I guess I'd believe him until I see evidence other wise, the fact that people are investing millions of dollars in his projects suggests something at least.

Until recently jl777 was just a vaguely familiar name to me that was somehow related to NXT. I've only recently learned about him being responsible for creating all these assets valued at millions of dollars. That sparked my interest and from what I can tell he's created the NXT Multi Gateway which is currently in use, so at least on that end there is evidence that he's been producing something. I don't claim to know much about what he's doing, I'm just an observer with no vested financial interest giving my opinions. I honestly don't know either way and I'm just waiting to see the results of all these projects.

I guess you could boil it down to the fact that there is big money involved and apparently code as well. If it were just a bunch of money I probably wouldn't be so interested. It seems like he has a lot of work ahead of himself though.

cannot agree with you more, Este Nuno.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:23:18 AM

There is always the possibility of a long con going on, and sometimes the line between a financial services innovator and a con artist is not easy to draw. Scammy systems are hailed as new paradigm if/as long as they manage to stay a float, and honest systems are labeled as scams just because they failed.

I was asking if there is anyone having anything negative to say about jl777's past. Nothing so far. A man without past is a red flag. Especially if he uses sockpuppets to paint a rosy picture, which has been alleged if not admitted(?)

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:29:51 AM

Here is there is really not much to do, other than chase girls, eat fruit, or be on the computer.
It seems a helpful venue then, to focus one's priorities.  You have made the Philippines much more attractive to me than I had thought possible.  Despite, or perhaps in part because of, the death squads.

He forgot to mention Escrima/Kali Wink
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 08:45:18 AM

I was asking if there is anyone having anything negative to say about jl777's past. Nothing so far. A man without past is a red flag. Especially if he uses sockpuppets to paint a rosy picture, which has been alleged if not admitted(?)

I, as a "member" of NXT community, will briefly show my opinion about James (jl777) :

First thing, without any doubt, he is  working 24/7 on his "investments" (working, in the widest sense of the word). Besides all his "coding" hours he is by far the most prolific poster at nxtforum. In fact, he writes so many posts and so long  that one can wonder where he takes his time to code (or developing his dozen of projects) and live. Therefore, most of their "haters" attack him by saying he would not complete any of his projects and they would end being vaporware.

On the other hand, lots of people trust him and invest quite large quantities of money on his assets-projects. Actually, his great "project" (IMHO) is 99% finished (Multigateway in NXT asset-exchange) and this has made the majority of the nxtcommunity to trust him.

My opinion is that he is some sort of brilliant individual with one of the most restless brains. But, of course, he could end failing completely.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:00:10 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 09:31:10 AM by r0ach

It sounds like a random Chinese guy was trying to rip off Blackberry with a fugazi.  

I'm not really big on cryptonote since it seems to be objectively less future proof than Bitcoin in a number of areas.  While Bitcoin faces a somewhat enormous battle against things like Shors & Grovers, Cryptonote seems to face an impossible battle.  Before people can really take crypto seriously (if ever), it has to have many decades of future proofing, or at least some good contingency plans to deal with things.

There is a reason the Bible says you can only lend at interest to a stranger, not to one of your own.

99% sure the part you're referencing says a Jew can't lend to another Jew at interest but to a "Goyim" he can.  At least that's how they "interpret" it.  Many parts of the Talmudic cult are identical to Nazi ideology but they refuse to admit it.  

I'm not religious, but isn't everyone supposed to be a son of God or whatever....  If so, it seems like he wouldn't allow lending at interest to anyone.  Seems like some random jackass scribbled that part in there to try and make some cash.

It will be interesting when God himself strikes down Sunny King for inventing Bitcoin interest.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 09:10:00 AM

Yahoo is an exclamation of delight. Perhaps it is more well known in the USA. We used to yell it as kids before or after we did some exciting thing such as jump off buildings.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/yahoo

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/yahoo

Both definitions, the noun and the interjection, are well known and popular.
Apparently not always both to the same people.
The rude noun is the older usage of the two predating the celebratory interjection by about 150 years, the interjection not arriving in literature until the 1870s.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:46:28 AM

I, as a "member" of NXT community, will briefly show my opinion about James (jl777) :

First thing, without any doubt, he is  working 24/7 on his "investments" (working, in the widest sense of the word). Besides all his "coding" hours he is by far the most prolific poster at nxtforum. In fact, he writes so many posts and so long  that one can wonder where he takes his time to code (or developing his dozen of projects) and live. Therefore, most of their "haters" attack him by saying he would not complete any of his projects and they would end being vaporware.

On the other hand, lots of people trust him and invest quite large quantities of money on his assets-projects. Actually, his great "project" (IMHO) is 99% finished (Multigateway in NXT asset-exchange) and this has made the majority of the nxtcommunity to trust him.

My opinion is that he is some sort of brilliant individual with one of the most restless brains. But, of course, he could end failing completely.

Yes, the fact that it appears he's already delivered with the NXT MGW is what really makes this interesting. If he were all talk and no results we probably wouldn't be having this discussion and people wouldn't be literally promising thousands of BTC towards his newest idea. It was ~2700 BTC pledged a couple of days and ago and I haven't been reading the NXT threads where the pledges were being made, so it could be more by now. And the Poloniex IPO hasn't even started yet so it's safe say we might be looking at the biggest crypto investment in recent memory next to Ethereum.
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 256 »
  Print  

Jump to: