Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:04:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 256 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer  (Read 387451 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:07:43 AM

Yahoo sounds like a rude degenerate person who flings poo from a tree.

It may be that your memory is serving you correctly (semantically, anyway):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahoo_(Gulliver%27s_Travels)

Cheers

Graham

Edit: 1. properly escaped URL, 2. give up, use link
heskey

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:08:16 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 11:30:19 AM by heskey

Is it the time to buy XCN yet?
What's that supposed to mean? The market cap is ~30,000 60,000 are you expecting it to go lower? Tongue

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:11:17 AM

Ring signatures are unwound when the tax authorities require you to provide your password to justify your tax basis.

Use more than 1 wallet? Plausible deniability is such a nice toy. And why password? Give them a viewkey to whatever wallet you want to have exposed. Ideally you can even password protect a wallet with different keys who then unlock whichever viewkey you want to release, like the hiddenos feature of safeguard and truecrypt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deniable_encryption

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:21:55 AM

Nekomata, since you are a tiny little kid with tiny little brain which miserably tries to scam people with his prophecies (see below), I won't take as an offense the fact that you call me scammer.

Some days ago:
Any conjecture as to the reason for the dumping?

last stop before the 0.005, all aboard the cheap xmr train Cheesy

My favourite:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383959.msg4139402#msg4139402

Now, lest back to the topic.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:35:10 AM

Nekomata has been slamming NXT in a very harsh tone like it is a devil in disguise. This behavior is very suspicious.
devphp

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:37:50 AM

what one has to do to try save people

What makes you think you are qualified to save people?
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:43:24 AM

Ring signatures are unwound when the tax authorities require you to provide your password to justify your tax basis.

Use more than 1 wallet? Plausible deniability is such a nice toy. And why password? Give them a viewkey to whatever wallet you want to have exposed. Ideally you can even password protect a wallet with different keys who then unlock whichever viewkey you want to release, like the hiddenos feature of safeguard and truecrypt.

I am not understanding how you think this helps?

If the tax authorities demand my private keys so they can trace on the block chain from a particular tx that I claim to be my tax basis to the transaction where I am claiming a capital gain, then how does your suggestion alleviate that demand?

Since Monero has private keys, I can't refuse their demand if it is the law.

http://www.nestmann.com/could-the-government-force-you-to-tell-your-deepest-darkest-secrets

in fact I have deleted my post...

Impossible. bitcointa.lk has a copy you can't delete.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
devphp

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:49:15 AM

what one has to do to try save people

What makes you think you are qualified to save people?

I dont, in fact I have deleted my post, its pointless, enjoy your smokes and mirrors.

Deleting posts is immature. It means you don't think before you speak.

What makes you qualified to believe something is smokes and mirrors and not a real thing? Your assumptions are too big, but very likely you don't have a track record to back your assumptions about stuff. I am not trying to give a lecture here or insult, I just want you to look at your posts from a casual lurker point of view, they really sound childish in the very least.
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:51:36 PM

If the tax authorities demand my private keys so they can trace on the block chain from a particular tx that I claim to be my tax basis to the transaction where I am claiming a capital gain, then how does your suggestion alleviate that demand?

http://www.nestmann.com/could-the-government-force-you-to-tell-your-deepest-darkest-secrets

This is not clear as of yet. As of today, the supreme court has not covered passwords that relate to potentially self-incriminating files nor passwords that themselves are incriminating (aka, my password is "IBuredTheBodyAtGPSCoordinates38.8977N77.0366W") or passwords that unlock crypto-tokens such as BTC or the like.

It may very well be possible that the courts end up going either way on the issue. Neverthless, since it would be difficult to tie a person to an XMR address and then impossible to tie an XMR address to a particular transaction without the txid, it's reasonable to think that it wouldn't be too hard to have two accounts - one that could be provided in the case that a court does force the issue.

At that point, how would they be able to prove that this is the "wrong XMR account"?

Skinnkavaj

Activity: 469

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:57:37 PM

Boolberry is a name I can imagine will be used everywhere in the world.
I can already hear the conversation of the lady in the supermarket saying to my grand mother "That'll be 32 boolberries, thx"
 Grin

darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:00:17 PM

I can already hear the conversation of the lady in the supermarket saying to my grand mother "That'll be 32 boolberries, thx"
 Grin

"That'll be 32 boolberries, thx"  sounds like a Snack or type of Fruit/Vegetable, or Cereal.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1107

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:21:27 PM

Grin

"That'll be 32 boolberries, thx"  sounds like a Snack or type of Fruit/Vegetable, or Cereal.

The #1 choice of breakfast cereal for jewish space lobster doctors around the universe!
AnonyMint

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:23:28 PM

whateber, haters gonna hate me...

lol, i'm 22yo...

I felt no animosity towards you at all. I wasn't involved in the argument between you two, I was just pointing out you can't delete posts because they are archived else where. Just trying to help you out. Regarding your prior interest in Dogecoin, it taught me some valuable information about the market.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:25:22 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 02:47:02 PM by AnonyMint

Grin

In the Philippines, the bagger boys at the checkout counter will definitely be giggling and whispering, "grandma asked for 32 bulbols".

honey, ang kapal ng bulbol mo, ahitin mo naman.

(pubic hairs)

AnonyMint

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:44:44 PM

Neverthless, since it would be difficult to tie a person to an XMR address and then impossible to tie an XMR address to a particular transaction without the txid, it's reasonable to think that it wouldn't be too hard to have two accounts - one that could be provided in the case that a court does force the issue.

At that point, how would they be able to prove that this is the "wrong XMR account"?

If the tax authority wants to trace on the block chain from the transaction that I am claiming is my acquisition point (tax basis) to the transaction I am claiming is my disposal point (capital gain), then as far as I can see possessing a second address or wallet that doesn't trace from the former to the latter on the block chain doesn't help me in any way. Also the I2P layer is irrelevant since I am choosing to tell the tax authorities which txs on the block chains are mine because it may be a reporting requirement.

Now once I have reported those transactions and by law also reported (e.g. in the USA IRS Form 1099) the identities of who I have received the coins from and sold them to, then I've revealed my anonymity, the anonymity of the entities I transacted with, and reduced the anonymity set on the block chain for all those who mixed their ring signatures with mine.

I wrote upthread that anonymity could be unwound for ring signatures if authorities can require you to reveal your private keys (a.k.a. passwords), i.e. allow you to have privacy to the public but not to the government. Astute readers surely smugly ignored me thinking that if the authorities already know your identity in order to require your passwords, then you don't have anonymity. Well this unstated rebuttal falls apart on several levels. One as I said, you revealing your password lowers the anonymity set for those who didn't reveal. Secondly, you may wish to report for tax purposes some funds you bring from the non-reported anonymous world back into the mainstream fiat world, so then the authorities may require you reveal your passwords so they can verify the tax basis you claim for your capital gains. As you know the rulings for example in the USA is that mining is income and the tax basis for capital gains starts at the time of the coinbase transaction.

You may think this is unlikely but I can vouch for example there is a bank secrecy law in the Philippines which the TPTB have not been able to repeal, so the SOBs have apparently paid (or somehow fooled) the risk management departments into sending SMS every time there is a transaction on your account (if you are an American at least), thus the authorities know everything that is going on in your bank account. Bank secrecy thus nullified.

Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:50:00 PM

Neverthless, since it would be difficult to tie a person to an XMR address and then impossible to tie an XMR address to a particular transaction without the txid, it's reasonable to think that it wouldn't be too hard to have two accounts - one that could be provided in the case that a court does force the issue.

If the tax authority wants to trace on the block chain from the transaction that I am claiming is my acquisition point (tax basis) to the transaction I am claiming is my disposal point (capital gain), then as far as I can see possessing a second address or wallet that doesn't trace from the former to the latter on the block chain doesn't help me in any way. Also the I2P layer is irrelevant since I am choosing to tell the tax authorities which txs on the block chains are mine because it may be a reporting requirement.

Now once I have reported those transactions and by law also reported (e.g. in the USA IRS Form 1099) the identities of who I have received the coins from and sold them to, then I've reveal my anonymity, the anonymity of the entities I transacted with, and reduced the anonymity set on the block chain for all those who mixed their ring signatures with mine.

I wrote upthread that anonymity could be unwound for ring signatures if authorities can require you to reveal your private keys (a.k.a. passwords), i.e. allow you to have privacy to the public but not to the government. Astute readers surely smugly ignored me thinking that if the authorities already know your identity in order to require your passwords, then you don't have anonymity. Well this unstated rebuttal falls apart on several levels. One as I said, you revealing your password lowers the anonymity set for those who didn't reveal. Secondly, you may wish to report for tax purposes some funds you bring from the non-reported anonymous world back into the mainstream fiat world, so then the authorities may require you reveal your passwords so they can verify the tax basis you claim for your capital gains. As you know the rulings for example in the USA is that mining is income and the tax basis for capital gains starts at the time of the coinbase transaction.

The reason why people(Myself also) moved from Bitcoin's pseudo-anonymity to better/full anonymity provided by Ring Signatures/Coinjoin, is Because the public would know my entire transaction history if my address was linked to my real identity.

That's the whole point why people created these anonymous currencies in the first place, because Bitcoin allows everyone(Public or not) to see what you're doing with your money, while these anonymous currencies do not, which is what we want. We want for these currencies to truly be "digital cash", where only you and those you share with, can see your transactions, and unfortunately, the anonymity you want would make it impossible for one to even see oneself's transactions, which I don't feel is logical.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:51:10 PM

Now once I have reported those transactions and by law also reported (e.g. in the USA IRS Form 1099) the identities of who I have received the coins from and sold them to, then I've reveal my anonymity, the anonymity of the entities I transacted with, and reduced the anonymity set on the block chain for all those who mixed their ring signatures with mine.

Is there anything that you consider out of bounds for taxman? When they take your kids and put them in perpetual slavery, still OK? Oh, wait.. bad example. Take your money when you want to leave country? Oh, wait...

Seems that they have already crossed the line and become enemies of liberty, for many. What more can they do so that you still feel is OK?

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
AnonyMint

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:56:54 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 03:08:41 PM by AnonyMint

Is there anything that you consider out of bounds for taxman? When they take your kids and put them in perpetual slavery, still OK? Oh, wait.. bad example. Take your money when you want to leave country? Oh, wait...

Seems that they have already crossed the line and become enemies of liberty, for many. What more can they do so that you still feel is OK?

Of course you know I feel very emphatically it is all not okay! Which is why I strive for anonymity that (hopefully) won't fail. Because the public is not going to agree to protect me, for they depend on the government. This is called peaking socialism and more and more of the population will become dependent after the economic collapse in 2016.

So the reality I am facing (for those who believe Armstrong's pronouncements), if you have any capital the public is coming after it to steal it (legally of course via the tax man, G20 cooperation, NSA cooperation, 5 eyes cooperation, etc).

unfortunately, the anonymity you want would make it impossible for one to even see oneself's transactions...

Incorrect.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 03:04:49 PM

they insist into calling coins.

Yes, none of the discussion about coins has much to do with coins at all.
I'm with you, but its not a fight I want to take on. 
The language is fluid and the nomenclature deep.  We lost that word, its meaning diluted.  The coin is dead, long live the coin.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:06:29 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 03:17:49 PM by aminorex

And the Poloniex IPO hasn't even started yet
Busoni will be bankrupted by lawsuits in 6 months if that happens.  It would be the end of Poloniex.  The IPO is unequivocally illegal under U.S. law.  The exchange will be responsible for any and all losses to investors.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 256 »
  Print  

Jump to: