Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:59:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716710 times)
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2016, 01:35:55 PM

Is there any progress on finding a capable developer that's willing to do so though? And if so, what cost range are we looking at now?

I know of a couple people that can do it, not sure on the price yet though as I haven't asked. Waiting to see what the community decides for the route HYPER takes.

So far it's been pretty overwhelming to move to a new coin. As a new person to add to the dev list, this one has a good reputation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=777604.0

Seems to be fairly affordable as well.

Not a bad find. $325 for the whole thing, node for a month, set of wallets, and a website.

If this is eventually done I'll contribute $100 in btc towards it.

Will you consider taking over hyper ? or ranlo? or is there some other old established member here who will take the lead?  someone needs to take over the dev pot if the cone is cloned with that in tact and use it for some good use.

A sort of Board for HYPER would be the best route to go for future developments. A team of dedicated members who's goal is to see the coin succeed for everyones benefit.

This will require a lot of time and energy, both of which I'm short on. Between my database website and my DKV2 game my time is really limited. I can help get things started, but that's about as much as I can do right now.

Maybe once DKV2 comes out of alpha I might have some more time but that won't be for a while.
foroplus
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1052

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:21:07 PM

I can also contribute to the project, whatever it is, with saying 0.05 or 0.1BTC

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:18:08 AM

Is there any progress on finding a capable developer that's willing to do so though? And if so, what cost range are we looking at now?

I know of a couple people that can do it, not sure on the price yet though as I haven't asked. Waiting to see what the community decides for the route HYPER takes.

So far it's been pretty overwhelming to move to a new coin. As a new person to add to the dev list, this one has a good reputation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=777604.0

Not a bad find. $325 for the whole thing, node for a month, set of wallets, and a website.

Will you consider taking over hyper ? or ranlo? or is there some other old established member here who will take the lead?  someone needs to take over the dev pot if the cone is cloned with that in tact and use it for some good use.

A sort of Board for HYPER would be the best route to go for future developments. A team of dedicated members who's goal is to see the coin succeed for everyones benefit.

This will require a lot of time and energy, both of which I'm short on. Between my database website and my DKV2 game my time is really limited. I can help get things started, but that's about as much as I can do right now.

Maybe once DKV2 comes out of alpha I might have some more time but that won't be for a while.

DKV2 still supporting HYPER is a great help to the coin
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:25:26 AM

Will you consider taking over hyper ? or ranlo? or is there some other old established member here who will take the lead?  someone needs to take over the dev pot if the cone is cloned with that in tact and use it for some good use.

I'm not really in a good place to run lead. Already involved with multiple projects as it is. I can roll as a sort of adviser or mentor though.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 02:18:44 AM

Will you consider taking over hyper ? or ranlo? or is there some other old established member here who will take the lead?  someone needs to take over the dev pot if the cone is cloned with that in tact and use it for some good use.

I'm not really in a good place to run lead. Already involved with multiple projects as it is. I can roll as a sort of adviser or mentor though.

The best option is multiple members taking it over and working together. It will be hard for one member alone to rebuilt the coin.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 09:52:46 AM

The best option is multiple members taking it over and working together. It will be hard for one member alone to rebuilt the coin.

Right, it also provides a fallback plan in case one of the team members leaves or is unavailable for a period of time.

Our biggest issue now is that HYPER has 1 person who controls the dev fund, he is gone and what little is left of the dev fund cannot be used for its purpose.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:01:25 AM

Right, it also provides a fallback plan in case one of the team members leaves or is unavailable for a period of time.

Our biggest issue now is that HYPER has 1 person who controls the dev fund, he is gone and what little is left of the dev fund cannot be used for its purpose.

I would be willing to help be a "trustee" of sorts, holding part of the new dev fund and helping pay out according to preset plans. That said, everything would need to be spelled out ahead of time so that there is no emotion involved (i.e., I don't want people coming and neg-repping me because they FEEL they should have earned x or y, when it wasn't even agreed to by anyone).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:50:28 AM

That isn't a huge issue because when the coin is updated that can be nulled or put in a multi sig wallet controlled by many trusted members of the communities. Also I suggest a small block tax that always tops that wallet up so there is also funds to do things with. If too many coins end up there and there are no projects to use them on then a burn address can be greated to get rid of them.

After a bit of a talk with some knowledgable people on this board POS3 or posp may not be essential so if we can get the coin build with all those extras for 350 that would be a good move to go for. Just need a good solid working pos coin with a bit lower inflation i think. Also we could look at a lite wallet or ask some here that run snap shot chain back up sites to support us.

hyp3r is cool but could have some issue with searching etc. How about a rename to something simple  just simply game or retain hyper.

I left a note in coin2 thread but that seems a zombie now king has gone. I would have thought they jump at the chance to join forces with hyper but there seems nobody home there at all.

Waves can't even get on polo neither can several coins with millions in ipo funds. Coin2 have a valuable asset there and they are not using it at all well. Should join with hyper and really kick this off.

Shame all kings work is lost with him.

For now it seems hyper just has to go for it alone with a new coin.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 12:04:45 PM

I personally don't think the name should change. Changing the name leads to confusion and when going through a transition like what is coming that wouldn't be a good thing.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:13:18 PM

I personally don't think the name should change. Changing the name leads to confusion and when going through a transition like what is coming that wouldn't be a good thing.

True and hyper is pretty cool anyway.

cryptoskibum

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 07:54:00 PM

Totally agree from a branding perspective, we should keep the name. HYPER has a history (and has been on WSoF Champion's shorts), some new coin would be starting from scratch.

Also really like the idea of the board, that way we can avoid the current situation where the dev leaves and the community is left high and dry.

I'm also willing to contribute when we reach a solution.
Macr0

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:15:09 PM

Thanks for your research guys!  Smiley
I try to help with 0.05BTC up to 0.1BTC if everything is fine.
Let's hope some more will reply so we can lower the sum for everyone?! Maybe some feel a lil bit generous now...  Grin

What about new stake rates?  Huh Smiley

NAV Coin - Valence | Decentralized & Simplified | Crypto - VApps and more: https://navcoin.org/ - https://valenceplatform.org/ - https://navhub.org/roadmap/
djnocide
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 01:11:42 AM

First the community need to find the members willing to take the lead of HYPER. Everything else can be discussed after the team is selected.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 09:49:55 AM

Thanks for your research guys!  Smiley
Let's hope some more will reply so we can lower the sum for everyone?! Maybe some feel a lil bit generous now...  Grin

What about new stake rates?  Huh Smiley

Thanks for your offer to help. As dj posted above we must first form a board of trustworthy members to lead HYPER into the future.

A suggestion for the board,

Board consists of 5 people, not too many where stuff doesn't get done but enough to get things going on the right track.

1 Social Media board member in charge of facebook, twitter, and other social media outlets.
1 Promotional board member in charge of news and other promotional material
1 Games board member in charge of promoting HYPER's use in games and new games
1 Keeper of Records to manage finances and keep them in order
1 board member to oversee the rest

Please post y'alls thoughts on this, what can change or what can be added etc etc
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:40:26 AM

Thanks for your research guys!  Smiley
Let's hope some more will reply so we can lower the sum for everyone?! Maybe some feel a lil bit generous now...  Grin

What about new stake rates?  Huh Smiley

Thanks for your offer to help. As dj posted above we must first form a board of trustworthy members to lead HYPER into the future.

A suggestion for the board,

Board consists of 5 people, not too many where stuff doesn't get done but enough to get things going on the right track.

1 Social Media board member in charge of facebook, twitter, and other social media outlets.
1 Promotional board member in charge of news and other promotional material
1 Games board member in charge of promoting HYPER's use in games and new games
1 Keeper of Records to manage finances and keep them in order
1 board member to oversee the rest

Please post y'alls thoughts on this, what can change or what can be added etc etc

This is a great plan. The problem is that I have seen with other communities in similar situations is people don't like doing ANYTHING for free. Time is a precious commodity and people never like to give it away for free.

I suggest the dev pot is retaken and also a block tax in place to pay for 5 trusted community members to do their job  WELL. This should be a multi sig wallet where people only get to take out a reasonable hyper wage for doing a good job in each area. The amount of hyper will vary according to the price of hyper at the time. I expect a 50 dollars a week position would attract some people to do it.

If the price of hyper rockets over time then the amount building in the dev wallet will exceed greatly the wages and we can either burn the excess coins or put them to projects and game building.

If however there are those that can really do these positions properly for free then that's great.

There will always need to be some pot for tech coin development though in the future for fixes and improvements.

Right now 0.1 BTC is fair chunk of hyper but if we can repair this coin and get grow the community again back to 20k sats or 50k sats then it is not much hyper at all. I think anyone contributing to the fixing and improvement of hyper now in BTC should be noted down and when hyper hits 20k some of the dev pot should be sold to reimburse them if they are not BTC whales and don't mind giving out 0.1 or 0.05 btc for free. Just an idea.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 11:19:00 AM

This is a great plan. The problem is that I have seen with other communities in similar situations is people don't like doing ANYTHING for free. Time is a precious commodity and people never like to give it away for free.

I suggest the dev pot is retaken and also a block tax in place to pay for 5 trusted community members to do their job  WELL. This should be a multi sig wallet where people only get to take out a reasonable hyper wage for doing a good job in each area. The amount of hyper will vary according to the price of hyper at the time. I expect a 50 dollars a week position would attract some people to do it.

If the price of hyper rockets over time then the amount building in the dev wallet will exceed greatly the wages and we can either burn the excess coins or put them to projects and game building.

If however there are those that can really do these positions properly for free then that's great.

There will always need to be some pot for tech coin development though in the future for fixes and improvements.

Right now 0.1 BTC is fair chunk of hyper but if we can repair this coin and get grow the community again back to 20k sats or 50k sats then it is not much hyper at all. I think anyone contributing to the fixing and improvement of hyper now in BTC should be noted down and when hyper hits 20k some of the dev pot should be sold to reimburse them if they are not BTC whales and don't mind giving out 0.1 or 0.05 btc for free. Just an idea.

It wouldn't be for free if you think about it.  Lets say I own 100k HYPER (I don't) and its worth $350. Now lets say I put in a month of my time and energy into promoting HYPER, gaining new services, etc and the price jumps up 10x. Now my coins are worth $3500 and I profit over $3000 for my work. This is what I feel HYPER needs.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:28:41 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2016, 02:43:19 PM by cryptohunter

It wouldn't be for free if you think about it.  Lets say I own 100k HYPER (I don't) and its worth $350. Now lets say I put in a month of my time and energy into promoting HYPER, gaining new services, etc and the price jumps up 10x. Now my coins are worth $3500 and I profit over $3000 for my work. This is what I feel HYPER needs.

This is true I hope some people will see it that way.

The question many ask themselves is though is that most of the community do nothing and see their hyper go up 10x too.

This is why i believe rewarding those that do work above those that do nothing is always a good way to get more people doing more things to help.

I don't hold much hyper now but I bought my 20k when the price was MUCH higher than it is now so at the time it was quite a large investment. I just always like the community here and also the initial dev was quite cool he actually paid out things he said he would and kept his word most of the time. Also was one of the first gaming orientated coins before others jumped on the bandwagon. I would like to see it survive this troubled period.

To encourage a proper dedicated dev there must be rewards to be had though. We have a good community and a go exchange and some good games accepting hyper so there is much to encourage a dev if we had some dev pot to offer too.

CartGeezer

Activity: 272

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:43:18 PM

Greetings all!

Recovering after a fire.  I am hoping someone could tell me the current size of our blkindex.dat file?  Running a P4/2Gb for now and it's been chowing on the bootstrap for a bit over a day.

Thanks!

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
CartGeezer

Activity: 272

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:00:26 PM

@cryptohunter

I don't know how much I have in my wallet, I don't remember, but will find out soon after I sync up.

I also paid much more for my hyper, my last purchase was over a year ago sometime before my fire.  Just getting around to recovering wallets, as I was offline for quite some time.  I was a bit shocked to see what happened to HYPER, pricewise.

After all this time, I should have some pretty heavy blocks ready to mine   Grin

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 12:52:59 PM

@cryptohunter

I don't know how much I have in my wallet, I don't remember, but will find out soon after I sync up.

I also paid much more for my hyper, my last purchase was over a year ago sometime before my fire.  Just getting around to recovering wallets, as I was offline for quite some time.  I was a bit shocked to see what happened to HYPER, pricewise.

After all this time, I should have some pretty heavy blocks ready to mine   Grin

Ha, yes you and me both. Hopefully we can bring hyper back to reasonable price levels.

Any word on developers or a plan going forward?

Pages: « 1 ... 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: