Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:05:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716710 times)
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 04:15:22 AM

I feel that someone need to stand up and be more confident to lead the HYPER community. Ranlo and CryptoDatabas is going to be a good leader of the HYPER community but both said that they are busy with other projects. It doesn't matter if you are busy or not, all we (maybe not all) need is a leader that have experience and know what to do to make an Altcoin comeback.

The current state of HYPER is that there is a lot of willing investors but they do not know what to do. For example, how and where do I donate my Bitcoin so that I can fund a new HYPER wallet and developer?

Ranlo, CryptoDatabase, jtnichol or maybe even Ignatius (not active on Bitcointalk anymore) or whoever that have experience and understand the current state of HYPER, please be more confident and lead the first step toward a successful HYPER community again. We don't mind if you are busy with other projects or not, as long as you take the initiative and keep us updated once in a while, we will be happy.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 04:39:28 AM

I feel that someone need to stand up and be more confident to lead the HYPER community. Ranlo and CryptoDatabas is going to be a good leader of the HYPER community but both said that they are busy with other projects. It doesn't matter if you are busy or not, all we (maybe not all) need is a leader that have experience and know what to do to make an Altcoin comeback.

The current state of HYPER is that there is a lot of willing investors but they do not know what to do. For example, how and where do I donate my Bitcoin so that I can fund a new HYPER wallet and developer?

Ranlo, CryptoDatabase, jtnichol or maybe even Ignatius (not active on Bitcointalk anymore) or whoever that have experience and understand the current state of HYPER, please be more confident and lead the first step toward a successful HYPER community again. We don't mind if you are busy with other projects or not, as long as you take the initiative and keep us updated once in a while, we will be happy.

The issue with just "taking initiative" is that bringing it back to life takes time and effort. I doubt Ignatius would take this on (based on our talks). Maybe Nichol though. He did well with getting HYPER on the radar a bit back in the day and I think in this specific project, he would be a good fit.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 04:42:56 AM

The results from the last poll shows the majority wants to recreate HYPER into a new coin and do a swap.

I contacted someone who made a lite wallet for another coin I use to see what they would charge for either a new lite wallet or a new coin all together, will see what they say.

As for being busy, I run and develop multiple websites and games by myself. Between coding new things, fixing bugs, managing finances, coming up with new content, improving old content, promoting my websites, doing customer support, and several other things it is tough to do anything else. This isn't including the stuff I do for other people outside of my own projects.

I can advise anyone on what they need to do to get it back on track, and on occasion provide some sort of support for things but that is about it.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 05:36:45 AM

Okay, update on the wallet price.

0.3 BTC to create an Electrum wallet but would need a server to run the Electrum software and node.

0.3 BTC to create an Electrum wallet and 0.1 BTC for 3 months of hosting the software and node. Pricing for hosting after that point is to be determined.

Let me know what you guys think as well as those that will commit BTC into making this possible.

I'll donate 0.1 BTC to a new wallet.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 06:22:11 AM

0.3 BTC to create an Electrum wallet but would need a server to run the Electrum software and node.

0.3 BTC to create an Electrum wallet and 0.1 BTC for 3 months of hosting the software and node. Pricing for hosting after that point is to be determined.

Let me know what you guys think as well as those that will commit BTC into making this possible.

Electrum wouldn't allow for PoS, would it? So we'd be cutting out PoS altogether? And if so, how does it get mined then?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 06:25:06 AM

Electrum wouldn't allow for PoS, would it? So we'd be cutting out PoS altogether? And if so, how does it get mined then?

There are a few coins that have Electrum wallets that are PoS, such as FairCoin. Don't think they can stake though so wouldn't be for those that want to keep staking.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 07:43:26 AM

Electrum is a good move.

The POS rate needs a reduction really inflation is too high. There

How much to swap us over to a more updated version of POS that can sync up faster and have some stability?

Amazing how a coin that can be advertised in UFC a few months back can be on the verge of dying completely now.

Ideally we need a few BTC.

Why not find the total cost of a upgrade with a decent website. Null the dev wallet which seems to be no longer needed and auction IOU's for that off already.

However yes we do need a captain of some sort even just to delegate tasks out.

I have been part of so many communities at this same point and donations dont work unless you have super whales like doge had.

The new coin should have a developer block tax for funding of future improvements.

We have a developer pot that is not even under an active members control? how much is the value of this pot at the current market rate of 450 sats ish? Auction off IOUS for that pot once the new coin is minted and swapped and you could raise some BTC to get it all done with.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 07:49:36 AM

Thats a kind and generous offer considering the price of BTC right now.

I would far rather see the dev pot auctioned off even as IOUs until the new coin is swapped over but I will donate 0.05 for free if  we can get at the least 20 people to do the same. It is not even worth keeping this project alive if 20 people will not donate 0.05 for it. 1 BTC is not really enough to get done what we need. I think 3-5 BTC would be far better.

There are scripts that people have for PMing any person that has ever posted on a specific thread. Let's find someone on this board that runs one and get them to send out a good message either encouraging them to donate or even better informing them we will create a brand new code base for the coin and aution off IOUs to the developer pot that is no longer being used to raise funds.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 07:57:06 AM

Thats a kind and generous offer considering the price of BTC right now.

I would far rather see the dev pot auctioned off even as IOUs until the new coin is swapped over but I will donate 0.05 for free if  we can get at the least 20 people to do the same. It is not even worth keeping this project alive if 20 people will not donate 0.05 for it. 1 BTC is not really enough to get done what we need. I think 3-5 BTC would be far better.

There are scripts that people have for PMing any person that has ever posted on a specific thread. Let's find someone on this board that runs one and get them to send out a good message either encouraging them to donate or even better informing them we will create a brand new code base for the coin and aution off IOUs to the developer pot that is no longer being used to raise funds.

I love the idea of auctioning off dev coins for the purpose of funding the upgrades. This is a win-win for all.

foroplus
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1052

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:03:21 AM

Hi everyone.
I would donate 0.05BTC to this common effort.

rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:05:26 PM

I don't have a lot of money right now but I will donate a little too.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 05:43:53 PM

Electrum is a good move.

How much to swap us over to a more updated version of POS that can sync up faster and have some stability?

Amazing how a coin that can be advertised in UFC a few months back can be on the verge of dying completely now.

Why not find the total cost of a upgrade with a decent website. Null the dev wallet which seems to be no longer needed and auction IOU's for that off already.

I have been part of so many communities at this same point and donations dont work unless you have super whales like doge had.

The new coin should have a developer block tax for funding of future improvements.

We have a developer pot that is not even under an active members control? how much is the value of this pot at the current market rate of 450 sats ish? Auction off IOUS for that pot once the new coin is minted and swapped and you could raise some BTC to get it all done with.

In order to find out a price for a new coin we would need to come up with the specs for it. Once that has been agreed upon I can obtain a price.
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:29:25 PM

We will see in 2017

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:42:07 PM

Electrum is a good move.

In order to find out a price for a new coin we would need to come up with the specs for it. Once that has been agreed upon I can obtain a price.

I have been asking around. What we really need is just to find the POS coin out there that has the least bugs, most up to date and easy for devs to work on.

Isn't blackcoin the king of the POS? kiklo who I think is a decent type of person says zeit is a good example of pos coin so could look into cloning that if they dont mind.

I think just clone a modern light weight POS with a good tps rate.
Make it exactly the same minting as hyper including dev pot.
Auction off the dev pot and produce IOU's for the new coin for those that win the auctions.
I would include a slight developer tax on each block to fund a dev if anything breaks or needs attention in the future. Controlled multi sig by 2 established members of this community that we know are hyper fans and honest.

Then just coin swap.

I know a lot of devs do not yet work with pos3 or posp. I do not know if they are worth it or not but they do encourage staking. However kiklo  explained these may not have the clear advantage some presume they have in certain areas.

I think whatever we do we should do it whilst we still have a bittrex listing.

Nice to see a few people offering donations though. Good community.

Would be perhaps tempting to clone some more complex codebase but then if there were issues it would be harder to get a dev to fix it up.

I know gamebet was a scam but who created their coin and it is still functioning well?

Ombc

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Hey Nice too meet you! i'm Ombc :D

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:17:39 PM

Hey guys i want to donate my time :p (i have alot of time and maybe i could do something to help hyper)
i've alot of knowledge of servers and games

maybe we can split up the work for example i do the games and servers.  other people do the wallet / treads and website stuff and some other people do other things
i also could try to be the leader because i have so much time but i think i really need some help with the wallet and treads

I hope hyper will make an comeback or that another coin with the hyper idea will be comming soon!

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 11:30:47 PM

All items in the Premium Shop are 20% off when using HYPER until February 1st
http://dknight2.com
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:52:00 PM

is there any chance of hyper coming back?

a nice idea has been stomped into the ground
Ombc

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Hey Nice too meet you! i'm Ombc :D

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 07:27:52 PM

Do u mean my idea? :p and i think there are chances that hyper is comming back but everyone needs to work together
Everyone just need to do where they are good at for me its gaming / servers / crypto
So who could create an new better altcoin? something like hyper 2.0?
then we need an leader i could try to be an leader because of my many time and my gaming knowledge
but i dont know if i could hold it if not then i give the private key on someone else
so what for example if we give each person a job for example like

Me: Leader Gaming manager and server thing
Another person: 2th Leader (helping me and other persons) (also knows the private key and help in the bitcointalk thread)
Another person: Wallet maker / updater / coder
Another person: Thread / toppic maker / designer
Another person: Modders / coders (to make plugins / mods for games to payout in hyper)
Another person: Social media mananger / advertiser / promote the coin

Good idea?
Then we have like a team working on it so if everyone maybe could say what they want to do in the hyper project we maybe could relaunch hyper 2.0 Wink

EndTheFed321

Activity: 577

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 07:47:59 PM

I would highly suggest that you bring your gaming idea over to the ADZbuzz project or at least take a good look at what is going on with it.
the Adzcoin and ADZbuzz project could be a perfect fit for your idea to become a reality  Wink

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:15:08 PM

Do u mean my idea? :p and i think there are chances that hyper is comming back but everyone needs to work together
Everyone just need to do where they are good at for me its gaming / servers / crypto
So who could create an new better altcoin? something like hyper 2.0?
then we need an leader i could try to be an leader because of my many time and my gaming knowledge
but i dont know if i could hold it if not then i give the private key on someone else
so what for example if we give each person a job for example like

Me: Leader Gaming manager and server thing
Another person: 2th Leader (helping me and other persons) (also knows the private key and help in the bitcointalk thread)
Another person: Wallet maker / updater / coder
Another person: Thread / toppic maker / designer
Another person: Modders / coders (to make plugins / mods for games to payout in hyper)
Another person: Social media mananger / advertiser / promote the coin

Good idea?
Then we have like a team working on it so if everyone maybe could say what they want to do in the hyper project we maybe could relaunch hyper 2.0 Wink

One of the issues wasn't just keeping the games online, but bringing new players. I personally kept l4d2 alive a lot of the time and spent some time in CS:GO helping out, but even so, when I'd leave for more than a few hours they'd die off again.

Pages: « 1 ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 [331] 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: