Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:54:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716710 times)
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 11:32:02 PM

It looks like trading is moving to cryptopia...
So trex is becoming irrelevant anyway

Cryptopia owner Hex stole money from some of my games sponsors, I would never trust them. Sending coins there is just asking them to take them too.
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 11:50:57 PM

It looks like trading is moving to cryptopia...
So trex is becoming irrelevant anyway

Cryptopia owner Hex stole money from some of my games sponsors, I would never trust them. Sending coins there is just asking them to take them too.

Wow, good to know! I was almost about to send some coins over there Sad
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:35:09 AM

I invite and challenge you to beat my score at Snake tournament and win some prizes (you can confirm your participation with HYPER, NLG, GP or 1337 coin), new week contest has begun, previous prizes were paid (well not even one, because there were just 2 players in previous week and one of them was me  Smiley, consequently all buy-ins were returned to all who paricipated, well just one then  Shocked).

See you at the contest (see my signature for more details), let the best snake win. Snake on.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:07:44 AM

I dont think everyone left hyper for good. Most are focusing on projects that are making waves at the moment. I guess they would return if hyper picked up some momentum again. I think we just lack a clear leadership.

It used to be a great community. Actually the guy who started it all was quite fair to start with. I put hyper in my sig and promoted it and forgot about it. I never pushed a request for hyper coins but got 6000 coins given to me and that was quite a sizeable chunk back when it was way higher in value.

It was amazing to see hyper on the shorts in UFC too. I would like to see this one make a come back.

I don't think donations work. We tried in qrk before Its just the same people donating all the time and the rest just sitting back getting the same gains as all the donators. We need to make and incentive to donate.

The incentive to donate is to not see their investment go to nothing. If people don't want to donate, and the poll says they do, then HYPER will die and be forgotten. That should be enough incentive.

I get you both, meaning I believe you are both right.

Either way I think those who want to donate for future development, must get some incentives or should be in privilege positions than others, who just stands beside and observe. But that is just cool and ok, we all act like that occasionally. But for those who want to take greater risk should be rewarded for that, in some way, right?

So the real question is how to reward those donators? I came up with the idea for setting up some fund (as said in worksheet named “Investment fund” in Google spreadsheet published in OP of Snake tournament) where those donators would be classify as a “Founder” and their donations as “Equity stake” of some sort (for future reference read on as “equity”). Others who would join later I would classify them as “Investor”, who will actually need to invest. Donators already invested with their donations for new, light HYPER wallet. Is that clear?

So how this should work? Well of course the first prerequisite is a trust. Some should be handling this fund. Let’s call him a “trustee” and fund a “Trust fund”. This trustee should be holding a substantial amount of HYPER for a good start (let’s say somewhere around 100k HYPER coins or even more). Those coins would be put in a regular staking mode, where some of staked coins (up to 50%) will cover Founder’s equity and Investor’s investment. However to make this long-term sustainable the relationship between all equities (from Funders) and investments (from Investors) compared to Trust fund should be always 1:2 in favor of Trust fund.

The point is, whatever the outcome, initial donations for new, light HYPER wallet will be covered by staked coins from that Trust fund. Of course the ROI of a Trust fund would then be 2,5% per month instead of 5% but Funder’s stake and Investor’s investment would stake at least 10% per month up to 20% per month.

Shi*, this is getting complicated. Later on I will try to elaborate this with some practical examples. Stay tuned. 
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 11:51:08 AM

So the real question is how to reward those donators?

I could set up a Hall of Fame section on http://cryptodatabase.net/hyper that would list those who contribute towards the promotion of HYPER in some form, either by donating or by providing a service.

Example,

Supporter           Supported          Amount       BtcTalk Profile
CryptoDatabase   Electrum Wallet    0.1 BTC        Profile link
CrazyJack           Electrum Wallet    0.1 BTC        Profile link
BitcoinPRBuzz      News Articles       N/A             Profile link
etc, etc
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 04:17:41 AM

I could set up a Hall of Fame section on http://cryptodatabase.net/hyper that would list those who contribute towards the promotion of HYPER in some form, either by donating or by providing a service.

Example,

Supporter           Supported          Amount       BtcTalk Profile
CryptoDatabase   Electrum Wallet    0.1 BTC        Profile link
CrazyJack           Electrum Wallet    0.1 BTC        Profile link
BitcoinPRBuzz      News Articles       N/A             Profile link
etc, etc

May help to offer a backlink to a site of their choice as well, for a business benefit. That in itself helps give return for donating.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 12:11:09 PM

I think hyper needs a full make over to a nice stable pos3 latest blackcoin codebase.

To do that may require a coin swap.

This all costs a fair chunk of btc to have it handled by exchange. Ask xwc they just did it. The dev team funded it themselves. We don't have a dev team we have a development pot of hyper locked to a dev that is gone.

I gave perfect solution to self funding this switch we require.

SO get a price for the entire thing including electrum wallet if you want. Say 2 BTC including bittrex doing the coin swap.

Work out how many hyper at current price 2BTC is

Sell IOU's for that amount of hyper (hopefully the dev pot at current price is even worth 2 BTC so you can create a coin with the same minting amount)

Raise your 2btc  or whatever have it all done and then pay the community members their new hyper out they deserve for the IOUS

I would also suggest having a block tax coded in that go to a multi sig hyper wallet for future development requirements.

If the dev coins which need to be nulled are not enough at market rate then you will need to slightly increase minting amount.

I would also allow a long time for swaps to the new coin from the old to avoid any bad feeling. Approx 6 months along with mass message to anyone that ever posted on this thread.

Whatever happens needs to happen before bittrex delisting due to lack of trading because that will cost even more BTC to get back on there that is about the only good thing left for hyper right now except a few dedicated members and some quite nice game sites accepting the coin.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 01:45:40 PM

The remaining balance of the dev fund is 224,208.06459 which is worth 1.67483424 BTC.
bitcoinsay

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Presale starts on 28th of April!

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 02:07:25 PM

Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up!

▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄██▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄██▄▄
▄████████▄     ▄████████▄
███████▀▀  ▄   ▄  ▀▀███████
██████▀  ▄█████████▄  ▀██████
██████  ▄█████████████▄  ██████
█████  █████████████████  █████
██████  █████████████████  ██████
█████  ███████████████████  █████
█████  ███████████████████  █████
████  ███████████████████  ████
▀▀█▀   ▀███████████████▀   ▀█▀▀
▄      ▀█████████████▀      ▄
█▄   ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄   ▄█
▀  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████  ▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
               ▄▄▄
         ▄▄▄██████
   ▄▄▄███████▀████
▀█████████▀ ▄████
   ▀████▀ ▄██████
      ▀ ▄███████
        ██▀█████
        █   ▀██

▄▄▄▄
      ▄█████
      ███
    ▄▄███▄▄
    ███████
      ███
      ███
      ███
           ▄▄▄
 █▄       █████▄▀
 ███▄▄ ▄▄██████▀
  ▀█████████████
   █████████████
    ▀██████████
    ▄████████
▄▄████████▀▀

██▄     ▄██▄
 ████▄  ▄█████
 ███████████ █
 ██████████ ██
 █████████ ███
 ████▀███ ████
 ████  ▀ █████
 ▀███     ▀▀██
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:34:42 PM

I dont think everyone left hyper for good. Most are focusing on projects that are making waves at the moment. I guess they would return if hyper picked up some momentum again. I think we just lack a clear leadership.

It used to be a great community. Actually the guy who started it all was quite fair to start with. I put hyper in my sig and promoted it and forgot about it. I never pushed a request for hyper coins but got 6000 coins given to me and that was quite a sizeable chunk back when it was way higher in value.

It was amazing to see hyper on the shorts in UFC too. I would like to see this one make a come back.

I don't think donations work. We tried in qrk before Its just the same people donating all the time and the rest just sitting back getting the same gains as all the donators. We need to make and incentive to donate.

The incentive to donate is to not see their investment go to nothing. If people don't want to donate, and the poll says they do, then HYPER will die and be forgotten. That should be enough incentive.

I get you both, meaning I believe you are both right.

Either way I think those who want to donate for future development, must get some incentives or should be in privilege positions than others, who just stands beside and observe. But that is just cool and ok, we all act like that occasionally. But for those who want to take greater risk should be rewarded for that, in some way, right?

So the real question is how to reward those donators? I came up with the idea for setting up some fund (as said in worksheet named “Investment fund” in Google spreadsheet published in OP of Snake tournament) where those donators would be classify as a “Founder” and their donations as “Equity stake” of some sort (for future reference read on as “equity”). Others who would join later I would classify them as “Investor”, who will actually need to invest. Donators already invested with their donations for new, light HYPER wallet. Is that clear?

So how this should work? Well of course the first prerequisite is a trust. Some should be handling this fund. Let’s call him a “trustee” and fund a “Trust fund”. This trustee should be holding a substantial amount of HYPER for a good start (let’s say somewhere around 100k HYPER coins or even more). Those coins would be put in a regular staking mode, where some of staked coins (up to 50%) will cover Founder’s equity and Investor’s investment. However to make this long-term sustainable the relationship between all equities (from Funders) and investments (from Investors) compared to Trust fund should be always 1:2 in favor of Trust fund.

The point is, whatever the outcome, initial donations for new, light HYPER wallet will be covered by staked coins from that Trust fund. Of course the ROI of a Trust fund would then be 2,5% per month instead of 5% but Funder’s stake and Investor’s investment would stake at least 10% per month up to 20% per month.

Shi*, this is getting complicated. Later on I will try to elaborate this with some practical examples. Stay tuned. 

Ok, i am back from daily work. First about what I was talking in above post, i am still struggling to figure out the best options for donators, but it's very mathematically complicated formula which i am changing every time i open spreadsheet. Damn. Will see if i manage to come to some conclusion.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:42:55 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2017, 05:57:21 PM by crazyjack

Example,

Supporter           Supported          Amount       BtcTalk Profile
CryptoDatabase   Electrum Wallet    0.1 BTC        Profile link
CrazyJack           Electrum Wallet    0.1 BTC        Profile link
BitcoinPRBuzz      News Articles       N/A             Profile link
etc, etc

That's a nice and informative, i like this site anyway, but could there be a link, a switch, where users will be able to switch in to light or dark version (i am talking about background).

This site http://cryptodatabase.net/hyper could be our new gateway, OR maybe this one http://coinwik.org/HYPER, although needs to be updated.

But still Donators would prefer some tangible reward in exchange for their donations. I guess. I would.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:55:27 PM

The remaining balance of the dev fund is 224,208.06459 which is worth 1.67483424 BTC.

Then depending on the cost to do everything we want to hyper we will have to expand the minting very slightly.

BY expand the minting by perhaps a few % and price / volume can increase at 100-200% + depending on how much momentum we can build behind the upgrade and how many of the community want to buy IOUS

Which ever developer we go with they should be known and reliable.

I know some people here have listed prices for various things but I don't think we should pay anything until the new coin is ready and functioning and have bittrex geared up for the swap.

I heard bittrex charge 1.5 BTC for the swap. I am not sure if that is 100% correct perhaps someone who is in contact could find out.

Someone said they can get a POS3 upgrade or coin swap for quite reasonable. I do think we need a dev tax built into the new pos though else how will we fund any help or development from here. All the good coins have dev tax in them now and voting potential.

Anyway I leave the tech details to those that know better but for funding there is no better way than selling ious to the dev pot and perhaps a slightly larger miniting. To be honest though if we had something solid going on and plans that looked even slightly concrete then the market rate would probably rise and that dev fund would be worth more.

If we lay out exactly what we all want quick as possible and get a price for it all we would know what to aim for.

I like the idea of electrum style ... is that possible with pos and you get the staking?

crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:02:13 PM

I like the idea of electrum style ... is that possible with pos and you get the staking?

About Electrum....

Yeah, and something about Electrum (we all want it so bad). I read it that currently you are unable to spend Electrum staked coins. So that is a bad news, maybe I am wrong, i am not a tech, but still, those who knows, please confirm or reject this statement.

This is correct, coins held in an Electrum wallet will not stake. The network would still need users to run a wallet that can stake. The guy I previously mentioned about wallets is able to do this for us as well but is unable to tell us a price without the proper specifications of the new wallet.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:43:12 PM

Then depending on the cost to do everything we want to hyper we will have to expand the minting very slightly.

BY expand the minting by perhaps a few % and price / volume can increase at 100-200% + depending on how much momentum we can build behind the upgrade and how many of the community want to buy IOUS

Which ever developer we go with they should be known and reliable.

I know some people here have listed prices for various things but I don't think we should pay anything until the new coin is ready and functioning and have bittrex geared up for the swap.

I heard bittrex charge 1.5 BTC for the swap. I am not sure if that is 100% correct perhaps someone who is in contact could find out.

Someone said they can get a POS3 upgrade or coin swap for quite reasonable. I do think we need a dev tax built into the new pos though else how will we fund any help or development from here. All the good coins have dev tax in them now and voting potential.

Anyway I leave the tech details to those that know better but for funding there is no better way than selling ious to the dev pot and perhaps a slightly larger miniting. To be honest though if we had something solid going on and plans that looked even slightly concrete then the market rate would probably rise and that dev fund would be worth more.

If we lay out exactly what we all want quick as possible and get a price for it all we would know what to aim for.

Damn, i read this once, twice, thrice and many more times, but still struggling with comprehension of what is written. Anyway i generally agree with you . Can we write down some roadmap draft first without setting any deadlines? I don't really understand how this IOUs works, will need to educate myself about that.
rghmodz

Activity: 625

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:38:14 PM

I think hyper needs a full make over to a nice stable pos3 latest blackcoin codebase.

To do that may require a coin swap.

This all costs a fair chunk of btc to have it handled by exchange. Ask xwc they just did it. The dev team funded it themselves. We don't have a dev team we have a development pot of hyper locked to a dev that is gone.

I gave perfect solution to self funding this switch we require.

SO get a price for the entire thing including electrum wallet if you want. Say 2 BTC including bittrex doing the coin swap.

Work out how many hyper at current price 2BTC is

Sell IOU's for that amount of hyper (hopefully the dev pot at current price is even worth 2 BTC so you can create a coin with the same minting amount)

Raise your 2btc  or whatever have it all done and then pay the community members their new hyper out they deserve for the IOUS

I would also suggest having a block tax coded in that go to a multi sig hyper wallet for future development requirements.

If the dev coins which need to be nulled are not enough at market rate then you will need to slightly increase minting amount.

I would also allow a long time for swaps to the new coin from the old to avoid any bad feeling. Approx 6 months along with mass message to anyone that ever posted on this thread.

Whatever happens needs to happen before bittrex delisting due to lack of trading because that will cost even more BTC to get back on there that is about the only good thing left for hyper right now except a few dedicated members and some quite nice game sites accepting the coin.

I agree with pretty much everything you have said here. This seems like it would be a good way to do this. Also I agree that staying on Bittrex is very important. This is a good exchange to be on and if HYPER is removed it will be very hard to continue without a decent exchange.
Anyone else have an opinion on what cryptohunter wrote?

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 12:31:07 AM

could there be a link, a switch, where users will be able to switch in to light or dark version (i am talking about background).

For the HYPER info site I can add the option to change the templates between light and dark but I can't for the main database site as the templates have been heavily modified on it and it isn't compatible with the other templates I have anymore without modifying them as well.

Can you explain a bit about the expand minting comment? 5% a month is a lot already and increasing it will just decrease the price as people dump their stakes. Out of the 10,000+ currencies I have seen pop up over the years not one of them with high stake % survived.

If a swap is done, I'm sure we can find someone to do it for less than $1,700. That price is just beyond stupid for very little work.

It is very simple to set up a system like I have done for my game for deposits where users can make a claim and if the claims are correct then simply copying and pasting an RPC code to send coins is all that is needed. If needed I could easily use DKV as a swap platform for much, much less of a price.

DKV and it's players currently have around 250k HYPER right now.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:19:14 AM

Another option for a light wallet would be something like http://moonrush.org/ which is also created by the person I talked to previously about fixing the current HYPER wallet.

In the meantime, this tools http://comm.hopto.org/hyper/ might come handy to some, as an alternative in some way.. Although i haven't tried yet, but it seems to work. Anyone have tried it yet?
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 08:30:42 AM

Another option for a light wallet would be something like http://moonrush.org/ which is also created by the person I talked to previously about fixing the current HYPER wallet.

In the meantime, this tools http://comm.hopto.org/hyper/ might come handy to some, as an alternative in some way.. Although i haven't tried yet, but it seems to work. Anyone have tried it yet?

Haven't heard of it before. Seems it was created by pointbiz and has one for bitcoin as well that was started in 2011.
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:43:25 PM

Can we have a hyper slack Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:51:38 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 03:03:06 PM by cryptohunter

could there be a link, a switch, where users will be able to switch in to light or dark version (i am talking about background).

For the HYPER info site I can add the option to change the templates between light and dark but I can't for the main database site as the templates have been heavily modified on it and it isn't compatible with the other templates I have anymore without modifying them as well.

Can you explain a bit about the expand minting comment? 5% a month is a lot already and increasing it will just decrease the price as people dump their stakes. Out of the 10,000+ currencies I have seen pop up over the years not one of them with high stake % survived.

If a swap is done, I'm sure we can find someone to do it for less than $1,700. That price is just beyond stupid for very little work.

It is very simple to set up a system like I have done for my game for deposits where users can make a claim and if the claims are correct then simply copying and pasting an RPC code to send coins is all that is needed. If needed I could easily use DKV as a swap platform for much, much less of a price.

DKV and it's players currently have around 250k HYPER right now.

Hi there I think we should make the 5% a block tax send to a multi sig wallet - if that accumulates too much and nothing needs doing it can be burned. At some stage we will need further work done to hyper so it's good to have a development fund that is not based on donations.

The one time expansion or perhaps superblock would only happen once and that would make up the difference between the dev pot sold of as IOUS at the market rate and what was needed to get everything we want done to hyper at this point.

To be honest if there were concrete plans of action here and moves already to sell ious at the market rate inview to reboot the coin then you may see speculators raise the market rate so no increase of the minting is needed.

With pos3 you could easily drop the current pos rate anyway it is too high.

I agree the swap on bittrex is expensive for if community can sort this out themselves can be done for much cheaper. I think though that includes the price for an updated codebase on bittrex which would have to be done anyway for the new coin. I'm not 100% on that. Would have to check with them so perhaps not as bad as it seems. I mean if the entire swapping is done for us there and it was only a bit extra than they charge to change or upgrade the wallets then we could review it at the time and see what is most efficient.

We just need to make sure we don't hand over any btc to anyone until they have completed and its tested working nicely. There is no 2nd go at it i guess.

I heard a name change at bittrex is 1.5 btc now so need to think about all these things.

After all said and done bittrex is a great place to be so we need to make sure we stay there.

I hope volume can move a bit more because i fear we will be up for delisting now again soon.

Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: