Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:45:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 03:48:33 PM

It's been great watching the market react to sub 100k XC.

After Mintpal tanked, which was XC's biggest exchange by volume and order book, it was easy for the price to tank. The rest of the exchanges all had only a few BTC at most of buy support above 100k, of course that bottom was going to be tested post-Mintpal.

But what I've seen since then shows me that there is massive interest yet in the market for XC and that our market is willing to make a transition to a new exchange. Looking at the order book fill up in Bittrex shows me that what we've really had is one huge double-bottom at ~80k (one in June and one now). It's only upwards from here. If you can increase your position, do it.

This show is just getting started and the timing with everything is perfect. The perfect storm is brewing.  Grin

Interesting perspective.

A huge double bottom is also generally analysed as a corrective triangle from an Elliott Wave perspective.

The initial pump was wave 1 (up).
The last several months was wave 2 (down)
The next wave is wave 3 (up higher than wave 1)
This will be followed by wave 4 (down, and can often take a very long time, like BTC's last 10 months, which was a corrective triangle)
Finally wave 5 (big push upwards).

s**t - the tanking yesterday was such an obvious gift I'm kicking myself for missing out. Our volume is pretty big on bittrex now - don't we get added to bitcoinwisdom automatically? - or do we have to hassle them - we would be in the top few on their list right now.

We gotta hassle. And tip.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 03:50:15 PM

Here is a graph for XC on Bittrex, it isn't very good, but it is something:
http://altcoingraphs.com/bittrex/graphs/price/338237
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:50:29 PM

Politely suggest.  Wink
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 03:54:57 PM

Politely suggest.  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190722.msg9246082#msg9246082

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:02:56 PM

Question for then Devs. 

With XC current able to be used at ATM to withdraw funds, with Blocknet will people be able to use any coin connected to the Blocknet to directly withraw from those ATM's.

eg.  Coin XXX is on the Blocknet, they send XXX coins through the Blocknet and they get converted to be used with the ATM.

Anduril_FotW

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:03:53 PM

Dammit, my XC are still being held hostage at Mintpal...

Are there people here who managed to withdraw them already ??
Getting a bit nervous...

"The Blade that was Broken shines again!"
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:04:14 PM

my windows wallet v0.9.2.49.08i.2.XCurrency-REV2. is constantly crashing after some time i dont know why but a windows message box appear with problem on runtime.
Yesterday i was testing the xchat with gumpty and ursay(mac) and ursay message was not received no problem with me and gumpty but that was really slow between message seeing a block waiting to synchro each time before seeing a message.

Had the same problem with the last couple of versions. Don't think it's related to XChat because all I use that wallet for is the api.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 04:05:07 PM

Question for then Devs. 

With XC current able to be used at ATM to withdraw funds, with Blocknet will people be able to use any coin connected to the Blocknet to directly withraw from those ATM's.

eg.  Coin XXX is on the Blocknet, they send XXX coins through the Blocknet and they get converted to be used with the ATM.

They'll be able to buy XC with their coins and withdraw XC from an ATM.

= More buy pressure for XC. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:08:16 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 04:25:22 PM by cryptico

First most, I want to thank everyone for the feedback from the updated wallets and test results... We have some minor bugs to resolve which shouldn't take too long, once that is done we will port those changes over to the mobile app..  are any users seeing high bandwidth with this release [for windows users check your version, should be 08i.2] http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCurrency_2.49.08iW.exe

Speaking of the mobile app, I was expecting the UI to be finished yesterday and unfortunately its not finished, however, we are very close to having it completed, once that is done, we will start testing on that UI.

This is the core UI for REV3 :-) -

On a side note, moving forward I will no longer be doing any further code reviews [except for the NHZ review which already commissioned and paid for]

Enjoy the weekend all and thanks for the continued support, it is truly amazing to see all the hard work, time and energy paying off, and this is only the beginning really for XC.   Since my wife and kids haven't even seen me since I started this project, I will be hopefully getting some downtime this weekend with them and some R&R for myself.

Dan

Just wanted to pop in and leave a comment from my phone to this post.

I wanted to express my most deep gratitude to Dan and all the xc team for the work put behind this project. I feel proud to be part of this as an investor and I deeply hope that this will be recognised soon by the crypto community as the revolutionary masterpiece that it is.

At this stage I really don't care about all the price speculation going on I just see the big picture and feel wormed and proud about this community.

Thank you all xc rocks!

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
TheGer

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:18:30 PM

Will this(can this?) be automated through the Blocknet?  This would be a big thing in my opinion.  It gives XXX coin to fiat currency for any coin in the Blocknet.  This is a fond wet dream for any coin to have, and takes being in the Blocknet to a whole new level.  And OMG what a selling feature that would be.

Question for then Devs.  

eg.  Coin XXX is on the Blocknet, they send XXX coins through the Blocknet and they get converted to be used with the ATM.

Dungor

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:23:09 PM

First most, I want to thank everyone for the feedback from the updated wallets and test results... We have some minor bugs to resolve which shouldn't take too long, once that is done we will port those changes over to the mobile app..  are any users seeing high bandwidth with this release [for windows users check your version, should be 08i.2] http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCurrency_2.49.08iW.exe

Speaking of the mobile app, I was expecting the UI to be finished yesterday and unfortunately its not finished, however, we are very close to having it completed, once that is done, we will start testing on that UI.

On a side note, moving forward I will no longer be doing any further code reviews [except for the NHZ review which already commissioned and paid for]

Enjoy the weekend all and thanks for the continued support, it is truly amazing to see all the hard work, time and energy paying off, and this is only the beginning really for XC.   Since my wife and kids haven't even seen me since I started this project, I will be hopefully getting some downtime this weekend with them and some R&R for myself.

Dan

I wanted to express my most deep gratitude to Dan and all the xc team for the work put behind this project. I feel proud to be part of this as an investor and I deeply hope that this will be recognised soon by the crypto community as the revolutionary masterpiece that it is.

At this stage I really don't care about all the price speculation going on I just see the big picture and feel wormed and proud about. This community.

Thank you all xc rocks!

This!

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 04:27:34 PM

Will this(can this?) be automated through the Blocknet?  This would be a big thing in my opinion.  It gives XXX coin to fiat currency for any coin in the Blocknet.  This is a fond wet dream for any coin to have, and takes being in the Blocknet to a whole new level.  And OMG what a selling feature that would be.

Question for then Devs.  

eg.  Coin XXX is on the Blocknet, they send XXX coins through the Blocknet and they get converted to be used with the ATM.

Yes an automated exchange of coins is a central function of the Blocknet, since every service will be paid for by exchanging one kind of coin for another.

To give an example:
- XC user pays to use XYZ's DNS service
- XC user pays in XC but the XYZ nodes only accept XYZcoin.
- XC is automatically exchanged for XYZ on the decentralised exchange without the user's direct involvement
- and the service is rendered.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Sabretooth

Activity: 138

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:36:53 PM

Dan

At this stage I really don't care about all the price speculation going on I just see the big picture and feel wormed and proud about. This community.

Thank you all xc rocks!

I just wanted to add that I am amazed at the resilience of this community.  I have just returned from a poker night out with the boys and am catching up on the last 4 pages in this thread.   Such a positive vibe.  This resilience is what makes the XC community strong and will ensure our success.  The next few months are going to be very interesting.  Glad to be on this journey with you all.  Thanks for all your hard work Dan & Arlyn.

Uno: uVcEaDQ5MXcYRjSGY1E7FXfrtxGk6QKnBm
TheGer

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:41:55 PM

Ok so then ATM withdrawal will be possible with any type of coin on the Blocknet using ATM's accepting XC(XXX coin converted to XC then sent to ATM).

I don't know about you but I think this is a major deal and should be advertised as part of the Blocknet rollout.

Will this(can this?) be automated through the Blocknet?  This would be a big thing in my opinion.  It gives XXX coin to fiat currency for any coin in the Blocknet.  This is a fond wet dream for any coin to have, and takes being in the Blocknet to a whole new level.  And OMG what a selling feature that would be.

Question for then Devs.  

Yes an automated exchange of coins is a central function of the Blocknet, since every service will be paid for by exchanging one kind of coin for another.

To give an example:
- XC is automatically exchanged for XYZ on the decentralised exchange without the user's direct involvement

savagesam

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:57:57 PM

Ok so then ATM withdrawal will be possible with any type of coin on the Blocknet using ATM's accepting XC(XXX coin converted to XC then sent to ATM).

I don't know about you but I think this is a major deal and should be advertised as part of the Blocknet rollout.

Question for then Devs.  

To give an example:

Honestly I think it would be pretty awesome to see XC integrate bitcoin mixer transactions into the XMIXER system so bitcoin users can have trustless anon transactions through blocknet or XC somehow. saw this thread and it made me think that would definitely be a feature that would put XC above most if not all Altcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2jm2w7/psa_mixers_are_not_a_practical_option_for/

Something like that would instantly boost XC's use-ability far beyond most good coins
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:58:44 PM

Politely suggested ..
MKAxe11

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:25:13 PM

Dammit, my XC are still being held hostage at Mintpal...

Are there people here who managed to withdraw them already ??
Getting a bit nervous...
I got mine back. Did you fill out the simple form they put up when you log in?

If I may ask, how much is still missing?

XChat:XJFcgcMqfdFxwXfqqfHPZs4uBomRfR6erQ / jwj2cnCPdf3uX53cyWyLreaJaDadj4BwqhdmhHcWFP5d
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 05:34:57 PM

Question for then Devs.  

To give an example:

Yup, that's a major draw. Thanks for singling it out.

And the XC nodes that trade with XYZ nodes before the withdrawal get the TX fee. Love it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
MKAxe11

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:55:12 PM

Already politely suggested, also via PM  Smiley

About the tipping,
if I would see the Bittrex and/or Cryptsy market added there I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to the one year premium(add-free) for BTC0.24 in return.
Maybe we can find a couple more people here who would support them (BTC0.024 for one month premium is also possible).

Then one of the team should contact them and with the summed up BTC for subscriptions in the bag we might have a strong enough argument for them to add us Wink

Just my 24 cents....

XChat:XJFcgcMqfdFxwXfqqfHPZs4uBomRfR6erQ / jwj2cnCPdf3uX53cyWyLreaJaDadj4BwqhdmhHcWFP5d
TheGer

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:58:12 PM

Official XNode setup guide?

Question for then Devs.  

To give an example:

Yup, that's a major draw. Thanks for singling it out.

And the XC nodes that trade with XYZ nodes before the withdrawal get the TX fee. Love it.

Pages: « 1 ... 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: