Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:19:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 08:52:19 PM

Hey all........since starting up a mixer yesterday on the latest wallet release, my wallet has crashed about 5 times giving some visual basic error.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Dan is there a possible issue with the windows wallet you released yesterday or is this likely on my end?  NEVER had any of my XC wallets crash before!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 08:55:22 PM

Here's an idea: If you don't like/trust/believe in Xcurrency or it's dev group... why not sell your entire stash and move to a different thread?

Buncha whiney ass people here who feel compelled to act like ungrateful children demanding instant gratification.
Most of us here don't care if you dislike the timeline or roadmap.
Most of us here don't care if you disagree with priority of projects.
Most of us here don't care if you hate the altcoins involved in The Blocknet.
Most of us here trust Dan and the team.

XC is a work in progress and has gone far beyond the call of informing us of updates, progress and focus.
Don't like XC? Leave.
You're clogging up this thread with crap conversation.
I'm here to learn more about the latest XC initiatives and how I can contribute to the cause.
What are you here for?

I personally like to ask the hard questions regarding any of my concerns before making an informed decision on my investements. But to each their own... Roll Eyes

Do it from your main account then.

Actually this is my one and only account. Not every new account is fake believe it or not. I've been heavily invested since june and have been lurking this thread almost daily ever since. I created an account as I had a few concerns regarding the direction of XC arising from the Blocknet announcement and what I perceived as XC's rate of development slowing down in recent weeks. Arlyn's and Dan's replies regarding the development done over the last month have since reassured me of their commitment and I will continue to stay invested until they prove otherwise.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 08:55:37 PM

you guys really don't get it right, you still have this idea of we are one big coin team now and start complaining about other coins names already. this is not a one coin for each task crypto avengers team. right now it looks like that but the goal must be to bring the Xbridge in every legit coin on the market. no matter if similar coins are already on blocknet. thats freedom of choice. free market and competition . Each coin on Blocknet still stands for their own so i personally have no business complaining about other coins names just cause they also have the Xbridge build in. that doesn'T affect XC.

the Xbridge is just a gateway to all coins part of the blocknet. this is pure gold and starts to show full effect once a huge and established coin like doge or ltc hosts the Xbridge.

Spot on Hoertest.

Anyone wondering about the Blocknet should just look up your post history.

People complaining about the Blocknet is like the people that complains about TCP/IP killing the Internet.   How can blocknet be anything but positive for XC?   What are you people that are negative really complaining about?   I really don't get it.

Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:05:01 PM

OSX Wallet v2.49.08e - stable branch, test release

http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/OSX/

Just downloaded it myself. At least i can download it unlike yosemite....
onealfa

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:07:06 PM

One poster before me (I can not find the post anymore) claimed that the userbase is not growing. I made a screenshot on 09/10/14 (5329 Top N addresses) and 09/20/14 (6241 Top-N addresses). The number of used wallets has grown 17% in 11 days!!!!
Please check these screenshots:
http://imgur.com/OOrHoaK
http://imgur.com/FeivKzz
You can also see that the wealth of the Top-N addresses is decreasing. The distribution of XC is improving dramatically. Around 70k XC moved from the Top 10 addresses to the userbase.

1) The userbase is growing
2) Wealth distribution is going south   ....

And here we are 4 days later - TOP 10 still shrinking (and dumping on exchanges?):

And here we are 3.5 weeks later:

I sure was expecting to see it somewhat different 4 weeks ago...

Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810
Merit: 500

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:19:51 PM

quick question for teka or syn.

Where do you guys sit with the Aero dev Majika??  It is little known he is actually one of the most qualified devs who has a resume I can see.   I believe he would have alot to bring to the table.  I am by no means trying to begin the flood of "lets bring all these other coins on" but I think if you had a chat with him about where you are looking to go, and what he is currently working on... Well I will let you guys figure that out.  Im sure you guys already know more than me and are well a head of what I am already suggesting ..

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:35:32 PM

And here we are 3.5 weeks later:

I sure was expecting to see it somewhat different 4 weeks ago...

Yeah it's not good but it aint exactly bad. People moving it to exchanges can explain a increase in top 10 and also might explain the drop is wallets, Didn't mintpal have literally hundreds of wallets that likely got destroyed or removed or deleted or emptied into nothingness
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:36:20 PM

For anyone who has XC in Mintpal, I just withdrew 5647 XC. It took about 45 minutes.
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 09:41:38 PM

Hey all........since starting up a mixer yesterday on the latest wallet release, my wallet has crashed about 5 times giving some visual basic error.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Dan is there a possible issue with the windows wallet you released yesterday or is this likely on my end?  NEVER had any of my XC wallets crash before!

what version are you using?   

if not v2.49.08e

download

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCurrency_2.49.08e.exe

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
akula999

Activity: 509

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:53:12 PM

My concern for the upcoming BlockNET ITO on October 29th is that there is no real clarity on how those who purchase into the ITO will benefit / profit.  Unless this is clearly defined at length, I can tell you right now that hardly anyone will be buying into the ITO.

I hope providing clarity on incentives and exactly how buyers of the ITO will profit is a high priority right now.

BlockNET will generate revenue through the economy it builds, and maintain's, thus paying out dividends on those returns to its investors.

So using the word "dividends" does this imply all payouts will be recorded and then a tax receipt is issued at the end of the year?

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:06:02 PM

quick question for teka or syn.

Where do you guys sit with the Aero dev Majika??  It is little known he is actually one of the most qualified devs who has a resume I can see.   I believe he would have alot to bring to the table.  I am by no means trying to begin the flood of "lets bring all these other coins on" but I think if you had a chat with him about where you are looking to go, and what he is currently working on... Well I will let you guys figure that out.  Im sure you guys already know more than me and are well a head of what I am already suggesting ..

I've worked with them before and so has Dan (Code Review) but I haven't spoken to them for a while. As always, Aero will be more than welcome to apply later.
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:18:15 PM

Ubuntu Linux Wallets, stable branch, release  - if you had downloaded the test release posted earlier, please update to the stable branch

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/linux/ubuntu/0.9.2.49.08e/

OSX Wallet v2.49.08e - stable branch, test release

http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/OSX/

See this is why we like this guy - you want something he gets it done.   Better than waiting for PR teams to hire a dev to update their stuff....
Sabretooth

Activity: 138

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:40:21 PM

Just wondering how the interactions between different coin nodes will work...  

e.g
If someone with a UtilityCoin wallet would like to send their UTIL coins via the XC XMixer service how does that work?  What journey do their coins take?  Has this stuff been worked out yet or is it still being thought about? Would that user have to use a decentralized exchange to convert their UTIL to XC, then send those coins, then convert back?

as i understand it there will be some kind of automatic exchange going on. the user wouldn't have to do this themselfs. the rate would have to be just garanteed to be the same for both transactions in and out of the "borrowed" coin.

This would invalidate any anonymity that would be gained by using the XC transaction in the middle, because the system would have to link the in and out trades together.

I am also a little unclear on how the blocknet xcmixer will work.  If this is the main product XC has to offer then we need to be clear about the logic.  I say own SDC I want to mix my SDC coins I send it to an XC Mixer, it then mixes XC coins, and then sends SDC coins back.  I must be missing something because this does not make sense.  My SDC coins have not been mixed by XC they have just been sent back n forth from the xblock.  So XCurrency gives up its tech to the Xblock and XC now has no real service to offer because this is now done by XBlock by default?  Sorry a little negative in tone, just trying to make sense of everything.

Uno: uVcEaDQ5MXcYRjSGY1E7FXfrtxGk6QKnBm
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:03:32 PM

Hey all........since starting up a mixer yesterday on the latest wallet release, my wallet has crashed about 5 times giving some visual basic error.  Anyone else experiencing this?

what version are you using?   

if not v2.49.08e

download

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCurrency_2.49.08e.exe

Thanks for the reply bud, yes that is the version I am running since yesterday.  4-5 crashes for me on this one, happened on 2 different PCs as well.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:09:02 PM

e.g
If someone with a UtilityCoin wallet would like to send their UTIL coins via the XC XMixer service how does that work?  What journey do their coins take?  Has this stuff been worked out yet or is it still being thought about? Would that user have to use a decentralized exchange to convert their UTIL to XC, then send those coins, then convert back?

as i understand it there will be some kind of automatic exchange going on. the user wouldn't have to do this themselfs. the rate would have to be just garanteed to be the same for both transactions in and out of the "borrowed" coin.

This would invalidate any anonymity that would be gained by using the XC transaction in the middle, because the system would have to link the in and out trades together.

I am also a little unclear on how the blocknet xcmixer will work.  If this is the main product XC has to offer then we need to be clear about the logic.  I say own SDC I want to mix my SDC coins I send it to an XC Mixer, it then mixes XC coins, and then sends SDC coins back.  I must be missing something because this does not make sense.  My SDC coins have not been mixed by XC they have just been sent back n forth from the xblock.  So XCurrency gives up its tech to the Xblock and XC now has no real service to offer because this is now done by XBlock by default?  Sorry a little negative in tone, just trying to make sense of everything.

the blocknet will not have its own mixer. there is only the Xmixer in the Xnodes. but beyond all Xnodes this mixer is now also accessible through Xbridge for other coins. but just for use not for earning fees. you still need the xnode with 1k xc running to earn fees. just the potential user base increases dramatically through blocknet. all nodes from all coins hosting the Xbridge are called the Blocknet. thats how i understand it. so sdc don't get mixed in the xc mixer. there will be an exchange going on the way in and out.

in short the Xmixer is still an XC exclusive service you need to hold xc for to capitalise on the fees. Blocknet accelerates the adoption and userbase.
Sabretooth

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:25:15 PM

e.g

the blocknet will not have its own mixer. there is only the Xmixer in the Xnodes. but beyond all Xnodes this mixer is now also accessible through Xbridge for other coins. but just for use not for earning fees. you still need the xnode with 1k xc running to earn fees. just the potential user base increases dramatically through blocknet. all nodes from all coins hosting the Xbridge are called the Blocknet. thats how i understand it. so sdc don't get mixed in the xc mixer. there will be an exchange going on the way in and out.

in short the Xmixer is still an XC exclusive service you need to hold xc for to capitalise on the fees. Blocknet accelerates the adoption and userbase.

Yeah I guess I understood this, but its not much of a service.  At the moment we are the best at this, but soon it will be open source, and it wont take long for other coins to adopt this feature internally.  So in the end we will own nothing.  I thought that we would at least own the items on the roadmap like Xchat, but this is now looking doubtful and the ability to distribute content which now seems more plausibly done by Xblock.  I think xBlock is becoming what we all had hoped XC would become.

I don't think it was fair to make xBlock an owned entity, it should have been a open not-for-profit entity.  There will always be a tug-a-war between xblocks needs for profit and the coins.  I cannot see it working.  It will just implode.  Sorry I feel this way.  I would love to be proved otherwise.

dannyspk

Activity: 341

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:26:38 PM

Arlyn, should we be expecting a press release about BlockNet on major crypto publications just like every other announcement in the past? It just gives more authenticity when spreading the word around Wink
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:52:11 PM

e.g

Yeah I guess I understood this, but its not much of a service.  At the moment we are the best at this, but soon it will be open source, and it wont take long for other coins to adopt this feature internally.  So in the end we will own nothing.  I thought that we would at least own the items on the roadmap like Xchat, but this is now looking doubtful and the ability to distribute content which now seems more plausibly done by Xblock.  I think xBlock is becoming what we all had hoped XC would become.

I don't think it was fair to make xBlock an owned entity, it should have been a open not-for-profit entity.  There will always be a tug-a-war between xblocks needs for profit and the coins.  I cannot see it working.  It will just implode.  Sorry I feel this way.  I would love to be proved otherwise.

? the open source argument goes for every coin. you really have no point in investing in crypto if that bothers you. Implementing the Xbridge is free and since its open source there won't be much of a validation procedure down the road also. and why should there be. i mean even a shitcoin having the xbridge in its wallet doesn't hurt me holding my xc and those shitcoin users are welcome to bring me more mixer fees.

you really promote closed source here? i mean, .. , i don't even.

doing it on delay with xc is practically the main thing people still bitch about (i think thats a good policy btw)
Sabretooth

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:23:44 AM

Its not really a discussion about open vs closed, that discussion has been had and the community (and I agree) agree on the current position.

I just need some help understanding exactly what I am investing in, or what service XC will offer the blocknet.  At the moment offering mixing alone does not seem to be a strong enough service given it can be replicated, and given we might loose XChat and other items on the roadmap.

Longenecker

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:25:14 AM

My concern for the upcoming BlockNET ITO on October 29th is that there is no real clarity on how those who purchase into the ITO will benefit / profit.  Unless this is clearly defined at length, I can tell you right now that hardly anyone will be buying into the ITO.

I hope providing clarity on incentives and exactly how buyers of the ITO will profit is a high priority right now.

It definitely is.

We're working on a large number of details and will be publishing them widely very soon.

Pages: « 1 ... 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: