Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:46:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 [1508] 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:44:29 PM

I placed an order for your Tor cards on Aug. 10th.

More recently Dan said this...

Tor sticks coming (Delivery claimed sometime around Oct. 1st)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg9042354#msg9042354

Now with little to no updates and the focus on BlockNet, I'm thinking about reversing payment if it's not already too late.  I would speak to Pay Pal first and then my credit card company.

Has xcmerch.com shipped anything?

The focus is on XC in general, Also we only accept cryptocurrencies.

Ah I see you may be right.  I paid you in BTC or XC.  Can you process a refund?

It surprises me that you're asking for a refund on an item that's not even late.

There was no official early-October release date for the XC TOR Stick.

In fact the official date of shipping is Rev 3.

And then we said we may well ship in advance of Rev 3.

So I don't understand your reasoning here...

On Oct. 1...

"an updated ISO is coming this week and then the tor sticks will ship

Dan"

I know you don't understand my reasoning and that's why I'm asking for a refund.  I am a loyal user and investor in XC.  Myself and other investors are disappointed with decisions the team is making.  We're disappointed that we are talked down to for no good reason.  We're disappointed that XC's first major feature, XChat, still does not work.  We're disappointed that you use keywords which grab attention from govt. agencies and puts our investment at risk.  We're disappointed that you keep talking about XC's groundbreaking features as though they are currently usable and available.  We're disappointed that we've invested in coins like Cache which we thought you were working with.  We're disappointed that the official XC messageboard is unfrequented by the XC team while thriving communities exist elsewhere in other eco-systems.  We're disappointed that this is closed source on a timeline because when a govt. agency potentially takes you down, we have no code to assure continued development of the platform.  We're disappointed with missed deadlines that were self imposed.  We're disappointed that this is looking more and more like a cloak thread (which Dan was going to potentially review recently for 3 btc + cloak).  We're disappointed with project after project that is announced with only 1 dev to handle it all.  We're disappointed with news announcements that deliver nothing and talk about broad ideas and future concepts.  Some have had very bad experiences with Jasinlee.  Generally we're just tired of poor decision making which we have no part of.  This is a competitive market.  Other coins are delivering and allowing the community to take part in that process of organic growth.  I know I've been very critical of XC but many investors have similar legitimate concerns and they seem to be overlooked again and again and/or labeled as FUD.  Many are now looking for an exit.  Maybe your exit was already planned and is working well.  That could explain the one month chart and the lack of concern for legal, the community, and actual deliverables.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 08:45:09 PM

The timeline on the OP is pretty clear IMO.

What are you confused about?

I want to preface this by saying this is meant in the most constructive way possible.

The timeline is actually the most confusing thing out there.  According to it both the Tor Stick and XChat were released at the beginning of August.  I am well aware there are test versions but should it not say "released for testing only"?   I am confused when anything is actually going to be completed before moving on to the next item?  

Maybe this is all a perception problem with the way "announcements" have been presented in the past.  From what I've seen and heard I don't doubt that Dan and the other devs are busting their butts behind the scenes but from an outside perspective it feels like we have been waiting on things such as the Tor stick and Rev 2.5 for quite a while now and now with all of the Blocknet news there is a ton of concern here that its only going to get worse.  Yes I know, Blocknet "should" propel XCurrency's user base..etc.  But wasn't xmixer, xchat and everything else announced recently supposed to do the same thing?

Just one longtime supporter's opinion and I don't feel that I am alone.

Fair point. I've seen this confusion at Rev 2 and I spent a full 2 weeks repeating myself in the hope that it would go away. It seems not.

XCurrency has not launched. Therefore when we reach a "Rev" it simply means we've got to a development milestone in which a given piece of tech is implemented.

Until XC launches, nothing is finished. Nothing is mass-marketable. Everything is being refined.

So if we say that something might ship before Rev 3, it's supposed to allude to an exception, where everything else is not finished.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:00:28 PM

Heh. In 8 days' time there'll be funding to employ more people.

maybe finish the obligation of rev 3 & open source before raising more money for a different project that will dillute resources.

people paid for rev 3 with the pre-mine.  moving on to the next deal before finishing is criminal.  

Why do you think anyone is moving on to other projects?

The Blocknet does not dilute XC's resources in any way.

In fact, it will massively increase XC's user base and help it toward the usage it needs to function as intended.

Moreover, the Blocknet's ITO serves as a huge banner ad saying "XC is a tech leader."

Pretty darn good for XC IMO.

I understand the benefits of the Blocknet but can you elaborate further on how XC's resources will not be diluted with the development of Blocknet? This project has only recently been conceived and was never in the original timeline. Dan will now be spending some of his working hours on the Blocknet when he would otherwise be working on XC thus slowing down the rate of development of XC.

mav137

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:24:47 PM

And what if it slows down the development for a little while? Whats the big fuss about? Its gonna take a little longer before it's done.

At least the blocknet ITO will deliver some cash in the hands of the people busting their asses since may this year.
A lot has been delivered, and yes of course I also want to be 10 steps further then where we're at right now, that inherent in human nature.
But the fact is that it takes time to build something of this scale. It's been done by a small team and they should be forgiven if their approach isn't as how you would have expected it. Thats part of the problem, your expectations! This whole thing is build on trust, and if there is one scene where mistrust and skepticism is leading it's in the crypto sphere. This whole new world has been crawling with people trying to make a buck over the backs of others. When you then encounter a project where the dev is public from the first moment, the promises are kept and the forward motion is enormous, keep that faith. Just lock away those coins and check back in a month or so if you can't handle the stress.
Beter yet, try to act as a community member, support the team! That's the whole purpose of a community!

Sure you should be able to ask tough questions, but i've seen a lot of straight up info about the ongoing development. There's people testing the mobile app at the moment! That's flippin huge man. It's all building up to REV3 and the real launch of the whole system. I for one would love to see blocknet live before that happens. Let's first see how slick that new UI is gonna look and if Dan can straighten out the bugs in groupchat if they are still there.

I'd like to offer my expertise as a network analytics engineer if Dan need's someone to check on packet level how the data is flowing (we need to disable encryption for that for any useable information, if possible)
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:32:26 PM

I would have liked to have seen the completion of Rev3 and XChat followed by some serious independent code reviews before starting blocknet. I think those things would have increased exposure and adoption in a more organic way.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:39:13 PM

How many times will I need to re-assert that the Blocknet will not delay XC's development?

What the hell?

XC has several developers, all working away, continuing the project, as you've seen every day with our wallet updates, previews of the mobile UI, etc. etc.

The Blocknet, with its funding, will operate completely separately from XC and will be developed by different teams.

Time is money. With money, there's time. Whether Dan works on XC only or contributes to Blocknet code will not affect XC's progress.

Lastly I've said that this week we focus on the bringing XC Mobile to you for initial testing. We've put a ton of hard work into it and can't wait to show you the goods.

It's almost ready. We'll keep you posted on exactly when.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:40:22 PM

I would have liked to have seen the completion of Rev3 and XChat followed by some serious independent code reviews before starting blocknet. I think those things would have increased exposure and adoption in a more organic way.

These things will continue as planned, without delay, and we'll have the Blocknet to aid adoption as we go. This is a benefit.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
prospect

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:41:40 PM

How many times will I need to re-assert that the Blocknet will not delay XC's development?

What the hell?

XC has several developers, all working away, continuing the project, as you've seen every day with our wallet updates, previews of the mobile UI, etc. etc.

The Blocknet, with its funding, will operate completely separately from XC and will be developed by different teams.

Time is money. With money, there's time. Whether Dan works on XC only or contributes to Blocknet code will not affect XC's progress.

Lastly I've said that this week we focus on the bringing XC Mobile to you for initial testing. We've put a ton of hard work into it and can't wait to show you the goods.

But the 950 000 dollars that the blocknet foundation will be controlling, which is the currencys that are apart of this whole thing, can decide that they want to pay out development costs to them selfs? Like for scripts that will talk with the json-rpc api? I mean, people should just trust that this will be done in a correct manner? jesus.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:43:30 PM

What the hell?

But the 950 000 dollars that the blocknet foundation will be controlling, which is the currencys that are apart of this whole thing, can decide that they want to pay out development costs to them selfs? Like for scripts that will talk with the json-rpc api? I mean, people should just trust that this will be done in a correct manner? jesus.

Development funds are allocated to advance the Blocknet, not the currencies.

And it'll be done transparently, on the blockchain and publicly reported by the Blocknet Foundation.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:43:50 PM

How many developers do we have, the website says we have Dan and Christian? Are there more we don't know about? Thxs.
mav137

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:45:55 PM

IT's a trainwreck.  group chat doesn't work.  Most of the time it's only released for windows even though they're selling the TOR stick.

That's a ridiculous opinion. What do you expect of a release for early testing?

Never mind that guy, he's a troll. He makes a new account each day and trolls around the forum. He go's a round in a newbie account but makes comments like he knows everything of everything. He made a troll blocknet thread as well today. It's just a bunch of bitching and whining.
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:46:31 PM

Heh. In 8 days' time there'll be funding to employ more people.

maybe finish the obligation of rev 3 & open source before raising more money for a different project that will dillute resources.

people paid for rev 3 with the pre-mine.  moving on to the next deal before finishing is criminal.  

Why do you think anyone is moving on to other projects?

The Blocknet does not dilute XC's resources in any way.

In fact, it will massively increase XC's user base and help it toward the usage it needs to function as intended.

Moreover, the Blocknet's ITO serves as a huge banner ad saying "XC is a tech leader."

Pretty darn good for XC IMO.
Just my opinion (with recent and past investments from other companies which turned out to be dead ends for investors), the XC members who have been long time buyers/supports of the coin should get some sort of assurance with this Blocknet ITO. I know the coin needs 'mechanics' to move but the money which blocknet is trying to raise is not attainable and causes alarms to go off with some if not most of the members here.
I know rev3 is being worked on and things are happening, but Blocknet ITO needs to give something back to the XC community. If guarantees cannot be provided then free Tokens/shares and maybe assurances. Plus if this thing ever goes terribly south, we will need the names and addresses of everyone involved so that we can go after them financially.  Smiley

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
mav137

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:46:52 PM

IT's a trainwreck.  group chat doesn't work.  Most of the time it's only released for windows even though they're selling the TOR stick.

Not trying to raise $1,000,000 to expand the project that still isn't working and hasn't been released (to use your own words)

you work for free? Here, suck my Smiley
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:47:37 PM

Not trying to raise $1,000,000 to expand the project that still isn't working and hasn't been released (to use your own words)

As long as the funds are put to use on what matters(development), then that's fine. Honestly, how does one expect developers to work on a coin without much funding? I'm assuming that human beings still rely on water, food, nurishment, etc, and all of those things require money, which is money they could be making not developing coins, 9/5 job hello..

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:53:04 PM

Maybe Halcyon dev could review the code?
mav137

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:54:46 PM

You can repeat that crap all you want.. more bugs have been solved, developent spans more then just the wallet.
The mac and linux clients where released a few days ago. It takes time to build to versions for all platforms, just like replying to guys with agenda's trolling the thread like you, If you're so worried, just don't invest. Please go
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:57:16 PM

How many developers do we have, the website says we have Dan and Christian? Are there more we don't know about? Thxs.

At any given point, Dan employs several developers on a contract basis for various tasks.

They're not team members, which is why they're not on the website, but these dev teams do a lot of stuff.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
mav137

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:58:55 PM

We're disappointed that you called XChat XChat, because there is an IRC client called XChat (http://xchat.org/), and we're disappointed that you cloned XChat from Cinni or some other crypto and tried to take credit. We're disappointed that nothing seems to happen here.

Hey whats that? Another new account trolling? Sounds like we're in the picture again.. Must be waking up people with coins outside of the blocknet. Because that could be a thread to your funds, right?
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:01:08 PM

some trolling

Hey whats that? Another new account trolling? Sounds like we're in the picture again.. Must be waking up people with coins outside of the blocknet. Because that could be a thread to your funds, right?
+1

(but don't forget: do NOT quote them) Wink
mav137

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:02:23 PM

You can repeat that crap all you want.. more bugs have been solved, developent spans more then just the wallet.
The mac and linux clients where released a few days ago. It takes time to build to versions for all platforms, just like replying to guys with agenda's trolling the thread like you, If you're so worried, just don't invest. Please go

If some of us leave then the market is gone.  Buy side is dying my friend.  A few quick sells could make a huge impact.

Hah, you're just as stuck as everyone else. Good thing that the only rise will be when this thing actually gets of the ground, and by then you won't be thinking about selling anymore Smiley

But hey, it's one way of finding out.. go ahead Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 [1508] 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: