Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:30:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:18:21 AM

In all honesty though, the more you try to fight criticism the harder it becomes. It will be easier on everyone if there are no restrictions from the get go.

+1

Every coin has its spammers, fudders and haters.
But, most people don't follow EVERY page written. Truth, transparency, professionalism and progress is the key to survival.
XC had weathered every attack by being diplomatic and friendly to all. This is why many are here I believe.

If you change these dynamics to a over controlled system, personally as a major supporter of XC. I am feeling a bit lack lustre about this direction atm.

I think the XC dedicated forum is worthwhile but i do get an over controlling sense. I propose less controls and empower moderators who can take care of the hooligans. The karma system was also a good idea so long as it's not abused to quiet people with legitimate concerns.

Edit: Also, once XC is the clear leader there will be less FUD  Wink

What about a system where users donate 0.1XC?

Teka, first this coin started in a unmoderated free for speech thread.
Then it became moderated.

Now you propose creating your own forum where users have to pay just to speak or join the community?

That's an awful idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:19:49 AM

In all honesty though, the more you try to fight criticism the harder it becomes. It will be easier on everyone if there are no restrictions from the get go.

+1

But, most people don't follow EVERY page written. Truth, transparency, professionalism and progress is the key to survival.
XC had weathered every attack by being diplomatic and friendly to all. This is why many are here I believe.

If you change these dynamics to a over controlled system, personally as a major supporter of XC. I am feeling a bit lack lustre about this direction atm.

I think the XC dedicated forum is worthwhile but i do get an over controlling sense. I propose less controls and empower moderators who can take care of the hooligans. The karma system was also a good idea so long as it's not abused to quiet people with legitimate concerns.

Now you propose creating your own forum where users have to pay just to speak or join the community?

That's an awful idea.

Honestly it's troll and the fudders that bought it upon themselves. I agree though that idea is bad so I guess back to the validation system.
wobbzz

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:20:27 AM

+1

Are you talking about requiring it? It's not really a donation at that point then Smiley

Yeah I see what you mean.. but the money would go towards forum server costs and would be fully transparent.

Maybe make (non-required) donations a status symbol giving the user certain rapport among their peers?

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
Teka (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:21:33 AM

+1

Are you talking about requiring it? It's not really a donation at that point then Smiley

Yeah I see what you mean.. but the money would go towards forum server costs and would be fully transparent.

Maybe make (non-required) donations a status symbol giving the user certain rapport among their peers?

Intresting idea.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:21:46 AM

Honestly it's troll and the fudders that bought it upon themselves. I agree though that idea is bad so I guess back to the validation system.

The troll's and fudder's aren't being hurt by restricting peoples opinions on this coin. If anything it's the actual coin's image that get's damaged by becoming self moderated.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:24:04 AM

The troll's and fudder's aren't being hurt by restricting peoples opinions on this coin. If anything it's the actual coin's image that get's damaged by becoming self moderated.

It seems like people actually liked the idea of this thread being self moderated. If you want I can post a screenshot of how I send a pm to every user explaining why their post got deleted.  Also it's not about restricting opinions it's about getting rid of the nonsense and fud
lawgicc

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 03:25:10 AM

any update on the xnodes?

mrBitcoinZ.com
@mrB1tc01n
evtrmm

Activity: 392

So much for "Community"

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:27:01 AM

+1

That's an awful idea.

You have to have a place to have a nice clean conversation and keep on task.  I run a project via Cryptostocks and have a forum where only members can access, and we are soon to make it that only shareholders can access it.  

I think the idea of sending .1 XC to the forum is a bad idea - but I think that sending it back would be a great one.  this would verify that the user had some interested in XC, or at least took the extra step to download the wallet so he could be a Fudster.  anything to deter garbage is best.

So here is how it would work.  user signs up for forum, and sends .1 XC to designated wallet, and when user is verified he is given access to the private part of the forum and he gets the .1 refunded.  
BADASS

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:27:43 AM

My analogy - and in no way am I comparing these two. Because they are simply chalk and cheese.
But it is from time spent on BC months ago. I had never before seen so much B.S. control over a forum/Irc/reddit
"The people only know what you tell them" rule is all BC turned into.

So its all FAKE, and manicured B.S.

XC is going great atm. No need to get all privatised lol.
Sure we get the occasional troll, but that's cool, this is what makes the crypto world turn as in the real world.
Its how you deal with them that's the issue.
Screaming Troll, Or having a controlled forum, is just avoiding the problem.
You need to simply set them straight with the truth. They simply make themselves look stupid for you with a little diplomacy.

heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:28:57 AM

Stop trying to manage people, and start managing information.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:29:40 AM

Stop trying to manage people, and start managing information.

This will be a lot easier to do on the new forum.
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:30:32 AM

I disagree.  If I am having a business meeting, I expect it to be on task.  period.  And in this environment, any moron with access to the internet can derail where the focus is intended to be.

Teka (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:32:04 AM

I disagree.  If I am having a business meeting, I expect it to be on task.  period.  And in this environment, any moron with access to the internet can derail where the focus is intended to be.

Basically here the point of the new forum:

I need to focus on promoting community ideas and answering legitimate questions not answering fud or reading it.
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 03:32:23 AM

Is atcsecure still planning on giving an update tonight for future plans as well as more detailed report on xnodes?

Anyone know?

yes, dev posted this earlier.

Sorry but this is going to be fairly brief as I'm exhausted

- Future Plans
     - Finalize Business Plan
     - Identify key market potential opportunities
     - Market analysis for high growth opportunities
     - XC Foundation
     - Structured Corporate Entity
     - Android Wallet

- Release REV2

- REV2 is a major upgrade to the system, using the existing REV1 code.  It will support a decentralized learning trust system and be not only anonymous but have protection against various attack vectors

- Post REV2 is Wallet improvements and Working today's the Retail Market Space and Point of Sales and ATM's.  A cost separate analysis will be done on this
         - Wallet Updates to include encrypted IM, encrypted IRC type communications
         - Wallet Updates to support new applications (will update)

- Completing the Android wallet with the Mobile solution mentioned above -

That is the current high level plan, I will create a more formal way to present this and to keep it updated so that is available 24/7

- XNODE

XNODE is in the wallet, the batch files run it either on mainnet or testnet.  Unfortunately I was not able to complete the testing tonight.  This will happen tomorrow with a basic user guide on how to set it up

ATCSECURE

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
JesstersDead

Activity: 154

I forgot where I put my wallet.dat

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 03:32:32 AM

+1

Would work. People would do it just to have a Donator Status displayed on the forum... lol

Cryptsy.com - USD markets coming soon. Go validate your account now!
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:32:49 AM

^ this
evtrmm

So much for "Community"

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:34:18 AM

Basically here the point of the new forum:

I need to focus on promoting community ideas and answering legitimate questions not answering fud or reading it.

+1
If I have a meeting with a client or internally, and someone acted like the trolls do hear, I would throw them out.  here, that cannot be done and it takes time away from the taskS at hand.
JesstersDead

Activity: 154

I forgot where I put my wallet.dat

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 03:35:45 AM

^ this

+1

Cryptsy.com - USD markets coming soon. Go validate your account now!
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:38:25 AM

Hello people,
So i started an xnode via the batch file for main net on a wallet with 1500 coins.. its synced and just sitting there. I didn't expect much action.  Anyways i remember the sendfrommixer command so i was going to try some sample mixes.  first issue, the wallet created like 5 addresses, so i chose to send from the first, vanity gen'd up a receiver address so i can verify in the blockchain its anon and import the key after to make sure it came back to me Wink  anyways it says code 6 insufficient funds.
does the xnode use more than 1000 coins if they are available to it?

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:41:35 AM

Hello people,
So i started an xnode via the batch file for main net on a wallet with 1500 coins.. its synced and just sitting there. I didn't expect much action.  Anyways i remember the sendfrommixer command so i was going to try some sample mixes.  first issue, the wallet created like 5 addresses, so i chose to send from the first, vanity gen'd up a receiver address so i can verify in the blockchain its anon and import the key after to make sure it came back to me Wink  anyways it says code 6 insufficient funds.
does the xnode use more than 1000 coins if they are available to it?

dev will update this tomorrow. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: