Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:57:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 06:29:34 PM

XC collaborates in a charitable venture

Today, we are pleased to announce the 'Sponsor a Keepod Kid Campaign ' kick off.

XC has partnered with the Keepod, Bitcoin, Mintcoin, Viacoin and W2coin teams and communities for a charity
campaign to raise $5275 with the intent on bringing both technology and crypto-currency to the lives of
students who otherwise, would not have the opportunity on their own. We will accomplish this goal by recycling
old computers and help to bring internet access to communities that would otherwise, not have the same
opportunities that we take for granted.
For more information on how you can get involved and contribute, please follow the link below.

http://mintcoinfund.org/projects/sponsor-keepod-kid/

Thank you for the time, and together, we can help change the lives for those less fortunate.

- The XC team‏

Date: 9/1/2014 23:13
To: XXkc4jMGMcVF3Jt65ip9QKg6bAqmkb6JUX
Debit: -10.00 XC
Transaction fee: -0.00001 XC
Net amount: -10.00001 XC
Transaction ID: afa5be81a3d5607cefe9454e1be09714afcba4c3a96718819942cdff27c466b4

Here I thought I'd be the first one to donate so quickly! Smiley I know 10 XC is gonna be a lot of money someday but community's little efforts is what's gonna take us there. Please be generous and contribute whatever you can!

Good work sir!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:31:50 PM

Today, we are pleased to announce the 'Sponsor a Keepod Kid Campaign ' kick off.

XC has partnered with the Keepod, Bitcoin, Mintcoin, Viacoin and W2coin teams and communities for a charity
campaign to raise $5275 with the intent on bringing both technology and crypto-currency to the lives of
students who otherwise, would not have the opportunity on their own. We will accomplish this goal by recycling
old computers and help to bring internet access to communities that would otherwise, not have the same
For more information on how you can get involved and contribute, please follow the link below.

Thank you for the time, and together, we can help change the lives for those less fortunate.

- The XC team‏

Donated.  Smiley

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 06:34:23 PM

- The XC team‏

Date: 9/1/2014 23:13
To: XXkc4jMGMcVF3Jt65ip9QKg6bAqmkb6JUX
Debit: -10.00 XC
Transaction fee: -0.00001 XC
Net amount: -10.00001 XC
Transaction ID: afa5be81a3d5607cefe9454e1be09714afcba4c3a96718819942cdff27c466b4

Here I thought I'd be the first one to donate so quickly! Smiley I know 10 XC is gonna be a lot of money someday but community's little efforts is what's gonna take us there. Please be generous and contribute whatever you can!

Good work sir!

Nice Project I'll donate my next stak

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Dungor

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:36:03 PM

I'm struggling to understand the Transaction process described in the OP with the reintroduction to the 550 XC minimum limit for mixers. More specifically step 7) "Nodes mix and forward fragments from different addresses to the ones they receive fragments  on.", but I thought that Mixers and Nodes were two different things? All wallets are nodes but only wallets/addresses with 550+ XC can be mixers and you have to enable a setting for this? Somewhat like a Darkcoin Masternode?

I would love some clarification on the difference between a Darkcoin Masternode and a XC mixer, also why dedicated mixers and their limits are even needed as opposed to all wallets with XC in it could function as mixers?

Does XChat run through Mixers?

Just to clarify I'm not trying to cause FUD, I still hold and stake my over-exposed position in XC. I just wan't to understand the more technical aspect of how XC is anon compared to our friendly alternatives.

,Thanks

Bump, Anyone?

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
shanuu

Activity: 131

New Beginning!

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:40:20 PM

Something to read about.
http://www.crypto-way.com/things-that-bitcoin-doesnt-have/

Like - tweet if you like.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 08:01:05 PM

I'm struggling to understand the Transaction process described in the OP with the reintroduction to the 550 XC minimum limit for mixers. More specifically step 7) "Nodes mix and forward fragments from different addresses to the ones they receive fragments  on.", but I thought that Mixers and Nodes were two different things? All wallets are nodes but only wallets/addresses with 550+ XC can be mixers and you have to enable a setting for this? Somewhat like a Darkcoin Masternode?

I would love some clarification on the difference between a Darkcoin Masternode and a XC mixer, also why dedicated mixers and their limits are even needed as opposed to all wallets with XC in it could function as mixers?

Just to clarify I'm not trying to cause FUD, I still hold and stake my over-exposed position in XC. I just wan't to understand the more technical aspect of how XC is anon compared to our friendly alternatives.

,Thanks

Bump, Anyone?

We'll explain how XC mixers work pretty shortly, but here's a brief synopsis for now.

- They're not like masternodes.
- They're pretty much a way to ensure XC apps are present to forward/mix transactions even when there aren't enough nodes actually making payments at a given point in time.
- So it's still the case that all XC nodes forward/mix transactions.
- That is, any node will participate in forwarding/mixing when its user makes a payment.
- But in addition, nodes with an appropriate balance lend a hand to transactions to bolster privacy (say, whenever lots of fragments are required, or for some other situations).
- Nodes that do this earn a transaction fee.

Oh, XChat uses XC's equivalent of Bitcoin's broadcasting system (i.e. is true P2P and is encrypted). It does not use the blockchain. Therefore mixing/forwarding is not necessary, since no addresses are stored publicly and since only the receiving node can decrypt the message.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:10:04 PM

i keep tabs on coindesk and cointelegraph for all my news. coindesk is certainly larger and has more readers though

So after much hard work XC has moved from pumpcoin, to dumpcoin, to a coin with credibility, to a coin that gets original articles on major crypto news sites.

Next: more original articles on major crypto sites... and then some on major tech blogs.

Onwards and upwards!

P.S. Now you know where I've been lately. That, and having general gadget breakdown.

Great work!
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:11:41 PM

well done team, I will be donating some XC shortly to the cause!

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
Abrupto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:15:58 PM

Something to read about.
http://www.crypto-way.com/things-that-bitcoin-doesnt-have/

Like - tweet if you like.

Great article, however it may be a good idea to have someone proofread your articles before posting them. The first word of the article should be there, not here. (Mistake was made twice in the article)

I'm not sure if English is your first language or not but I am sure plenty of our community members would be willing to help out.

I don't mean to offend, and I do appreciate the enthusiasm. Smiley
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 08:36:08 PM

Oh, and there'll be some big news about Rev 2 a little later today...

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:40:58 PM

Shocked

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
dannyspk

Activity: 341

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:41:49 PM

I see what you did there. Big and little in the same sentence.  Grin
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:44:43 PM

AND I WAS GOING TO GET AN EARLY ONE TONIGHT!!!

AARGHHHHHH

The king of tease is stepping out Wink

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Dungor

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:52:51 PM

,Thanks

Bump, Anyone?

We'll explain how XC mixers work pretty shortly, but here's a brief synopsis for now.

- They're pretty much a way to ensure XC apps are present to forward/mix transactions even when there aren't enough nodes actually making payments at a given point in time.
- That is, any node will participate in forwarding/mixing when its user makes a payment.
- But in addition, nodes with an appropriate balance lend a hand to transactions to bolster privacy (say, whenever lots of fragments are required, or for some other situations).

Oh, XChat uses XC's equivalent of Bitcoin's broadcasting system (i.e. is true P2P and is encrypted). It does not use the blockchain. Therefore mixing/forwarding is not necessary, since no addresses are stored publicly and since only the receiving node can decrypt the message.

Thank you Synechist, I think I get the difference based on that description! Smiley So the network is still very much decentralized it is just a safeguard function until the network get's more traffic.
Is there any plans to incentive traffic in this early age, would you recon it is needed?

CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:06:56 PM

How BIG?  Wink

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 09:09:23 PM

,Thanks

Bump, Anyone?

Thank you Synechist, I think I get the difference based on that description! Smiley So the network is still very much decentralized it is just a safeguard function until the network get's more traffic.
Is there any plans to incentive traffic in this early age, would you recon it is needed?

My guess is that the only incentive XC will ever need to provide is XC mobile apps.

On the other hand, it's a little hard to predict how people will use XC when decentralised exchanges and smart contracts are implemented. I mean, bots can do a lot of trades! And there's no saying what a contract may stipulate. Since the idea is for the sky to be the limit, it's a pretty good idea to have Xnodes available to forward transactions trustlessly even if their users aren't personally making payments.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:10:28 PM

How BIG?  Wink

CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:14:07 PM

How BIG?  Wink

HA!  So, time to go to MP again then.

Dungor

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:21:30 PM

,Thanks

Bump, Anyone?

My guess is that the only incentive XC will ever need to provide is XC mobile apps.

On the other hand, it's a little hard to predict how people will use XC when decentralised exchanges and smart contracts are implemented. I mean, bots can do a lot of trades! And there's no saying what a contract may stipulate. Since the idea is for the sky to be the limit, it's a pretty good idea to have Xnodes available to forward transactions trustlessly even if their users aren't personally making payments.

Cool, thanks for taking the time to address my questions.

atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 09:25:43 PM

And there is some other news in the pipeline as well, we are currently testing the mobile app, with XChat, XNode and staking.  Its not quite ready yet but stay tuned!!

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Pages: « 1 ... 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: