Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:04:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 04:45:37 PM

I love this coin.

Only one beef.
Distribution sucks! !!
The top 100 needs to sell off some coins to turn this pond into an ocean.

I am hoping for some price fluctuations soon to spread the wealth, because the only thing holding this coin back is the size of its community.
Where can I find the rich list? Can you link it?
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:01:38 PM

I love this coin.

Only one beef.
Distribution sucks! !!

I am hoping for some price fluctuations soon to spread the wealth, because the only thing holding this coin back is the size of its community.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!rich

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:06:01 PM

Thank you!

I am agonizing to see Teka UI Smiley...Having seen what he have done with the Forum I am sure it will get approved.

Is Trash Team doing the approval? as they are responsible for the logo and Branding if Im not mistaken

Yeah Teka's done some good work. Thrash will indeed sign it off from a brand perspective.

On this note, I'm going to sign off for the time being. It's my third wedding anniversary and my wife and I are heading out to dinner and a concert.

Happy Anniversary, Have a good one.

Cheers for all the hard work.  Smiley

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:09:18 PM

XCHolders Please take a second and support Zero Hour idea:      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=767343.0
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:10:58 PM

I love this coin.

Only one beef.
Distribution sucks! !!

Shocked

Top 10   1,692,039 XC   30.58 %
Top 100   4,056,464 XC   73.31 %
Top 1000   5,311,361 XC   95.99 %
All 5175   5,533,106 XC   100 %

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 05:13:23 PM

I love this coin.

Only one beef.
Distribution sucks! !!

Thanks.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:23:00 PM

However you weren't able to define terms clearly enough to persuade me of your view.

I really wasn't attempting to convince you - as part of the XC team that would go against your self interest.  Let me put it another way.

Anon currency's value is being able to do transactions in said currency.  Only way to do a transaction is if everybody agrees on a currency (the only reason a currency works is because a doctor needs food from a farmer and a farmer needs services from a doctor.  And a currency allows them to exchange services but not at the same time because they "agree" on said currency)

XC has a market cap of less than 10% of the leading market cap anon coin.  (I own none of them).  This is what happens when you don't have consensus around a coin.  If I want to use it for an anonymous transaction it's worthless to me if we are talking much money.  If there are more than 5 people in the world who want to do a $5,000 transaction in one day.  Then XC is out of the question.

And yes - this is a direct result of consensus vs marketing.
Dungor

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:27:26 PM

However you weren't able to define terms clearly enough to persuade me of your view.

I really wasn't attempting to convince you - as part of the XC team that would go against your self interest.  Let me put it another way.

Anon currency's value is being able to do transactions in said currency.  Only way to do a transaction is if everybody agrees on a currency (the only reason a currency works is because a doctor needs food from a farmer and a farmer needs services from a doctor.  And a currency allows them to exchange services but not at the same time because they "agree" on said currency)

XC has a market cap of less than 10% of the leading market cap anon coin.  (I own none of them).  This is what happens when you don't have consensus around a coin.  If I want to use it for an anonymous transaction it's worthless to me if we are talking much money.  If there are more than 5 people in the world who want to do a $5,000 transaction in one day.  Then XC is out of the question.

Love how you come in and FUD the project while completely missing how the business case of XC is. Please continue so everyone can see how stupid you are Smiley

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:29:38 PM

swat happens when you pick a PoS to stabilize price and make early adopters rich.  No community, no consensus = coin stagnates & dies (See NXT vs Litecoin which is a stupid clone)

Normally I would delete the comment but it's so daft I think it can stay. No community?! Do you mean something else maybe? This is page 1208.
It sounds like you trying to say that a coin can't be successful unless they "spread the wealth" - i.e. give some of it to you cheaply.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:30:30 PM

Love how you come in and FUD the project while completely missing how the business case of XC is. Please continue so everyone can see how stupid you are Smiley

I am not "FUD" (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt) anything.  I'm simply explaining why XC is useless when it comes to currency.  There is not enough volume to trade it on exchanges for a widely/wider accepted currency.  There is not enough of a community to turn it itself into a widely accepted currency (PoS vs PoW).  If my worldview is right which I'm fairly certain it is.  Then XC is only going to lose most of you money at the expense of the early adopters.

FUD is completely different than explaining why a currency idea / project will not work.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:31:23 PM

swat happens when you pick a PoS to stabilize price and make early adopters rich.  No community, no consensus = coin stagnates & dies (See NXT vs Litecoin which is a stupid clone)

Normally I would delete the comment but it's so daft I think it can stay. No community?! Do you mean something else maybe? This is page 1208.

No - not enough for a currency.  50 posters account for 90% of the posts  Roll Eyes
PowderMonkey

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:40:08 PM

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well.  Hadn't been able to keep up with the thread the past few weeks, been bogged down with work.  I have been able to pick up some cheap XC over the past week on Cryptsy though, someone dumped right into my buys twice Grin

Just wanted to stop in and say hi.  Synechist, congrats on your anniversary, have a great evening with the wife!

Dungor

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:40:45 PM

I am not "FUD" (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt) anything.  I'm simply explaining why XC is useless when it comes to currency.  There is not enough volume to trade it on exchanges for a widely/wider accepted currency.  There is not enough of a community to turn it itself into a widely accepted currency (PoS vs PoW).  If my worldview is right which I'm fairly certain it is.  Then XC is only going to lose most of you money at the expense of the early adopters.

FUD is completely different than explaining why a currency idea / project will not work.

Using XCurrency as an anon currency is only part of the entire service provided by the XCPlatform. That you are able to buy XCurrency with bitcoins and send them anon to someone else who sells them for bitcoin will probably not hold up in court. But that again is completely missing the main point of XCurrency. XCurrency is the currency in which the services of the XCplatform applications are paid for. E.g. Web 3.0 applications.

I said you should continue and I am enjoying this Smiley please more

rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:43:42 PM

I am not "FUD" (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt) anything.  I'm simply explaining why XC is useless when it comes to currency.  There is not enough volume to trade it on exchanges for a widely/wider accepted currency.  There is not enough of a community to turn it itself into a widely accepted currency (PoS vs PoW).  If my worldview is right which I'm fairly certain it is.  Then XC is only going to lose most of you money at the expense of the early adopters.

Using XCurrency as an anon currency is only part of the entire service provided by the XCPlatform. That you are able to buy XCurrency with bitcoins and send them anon to someone else who sells them for bitcoin will probably not hold up in court. But that again is completely missing the main point of XCurrency. XCurrency is the currency in which the services of the XCplatform applications are paid for. E.g. Web 3.0 applications.

No.  I don't think I'm missing the point at all.  You guys keep waiting for the price pump with new releases and I'm just here to tell all of the late buyers / small guys to get out now.  This price stability is the result of people at the top of the food chain not selling.

Have you noticed that with each new release there is at the most a .15 pump and then it goes back down to a lower low?  I mean - what "killer feature" are you waiting on?  Plenty of "Killer features" has happened but it is not being more broadly adopted.

If the technology hasn't changed  the price yet - it's not going to.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:48:32 PM

Where's the link for REV 1's mixer source code?

Thanks.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:57:56 PM

Where's the link for REV 1's mixer source code?

Thanks.

http://pastebin.com/G4mH4AxR
Dungor

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:59:25 PM

I am not "FUD" (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt) anything.  I'm simply explaining why XC is useless when it comes to currency.  There is not enough volume to trade it on exchanges for a widely/wider accepted currency.  There is not enough of a community to turn it itself into a widely accepted currency (PoS vs PoW).  If my worldview is right which I'm fairly certain it is.  Then XC is only going to lose most of you money at the expense of the early adopters.

No.  I don't think I'm missing the point at all.  You guys keep waiting for the price pump with new releases and I'm just here to tell all of the late buyers / small guys to get out now.  This price stability is the result of people at the top of the food chain not selling.

Have you noticed that with each new release there is at the most a .15 pump and then it goes back down to a lower low?  I mean - what "killer feature" are you waiting on?  Plenty of "Killer features" has happened but it is not being more broadly adopted.

If the technology hasn't changed  the price yet - it's not going to.

The "killer feature" as you put it is web 3.0 and XChat. Web 3.0 has been announced but not yet developed. XChat won't have any real value until its complete, on mobile platform and with a more user-friendly design.
The entire alt-coin marked has been burned by scam-coins and currently you won't get positive movement unless features are tested and delivered, which is healthy.

XC has been pricestable above bitcoin, and with the majority of coins staking that shows confidence in the project. The XC marked has clearly been manipulated no-one disputes that. But if it is an early adopter that is selling out on the news the effect will be exactly wider adoption as for every sell order there is a buy order.

You have to approach XC as a company rather than a currency only. Metaphorically speaking XC is a factory and XCplatform running web 3.0 is the equipment, XCnodes are the power to that equipment and that power can only be paid for in XCurrency.

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:01:32 PM

Cheers.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

SouthernBTC

Activity: 192

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:03:36 PM

I really wasn't attempting to convince you - as part of the XC team that would go against your self interest.  Let me put it another way.

Anon currency's value is being able to do transactions in said currency.  Only way to do a transaction is if everybody agrees on a currency (the only reason a currency works is because a doctor needs food from a farmer and a farmer needs services from a doctor.  And a currency allows them to exchange services but not at the same time because they "agree" on said currency)

XC has a market cap of less than 10% of the leading market cap anon coin.  (I own none of them).  This is what happens when you don't have consensus around a coin.  If I want to use it for an anonymous transaction it's worthless to me if we are talking much money.  If there are more than 5 people in the world who want to do a $5,000 transaction in one day.  Then XC is out of the question.

No.  I don't think I'm missing the point at all.  You guys keep waiting for the price pump with new releases and I'm just here to tell all of the late buyers / small guys to get out now.  This price stability is the result of people at the top of the food chain not selling.

Have you noticed that with each new release there is at the most a .15 pump and then it goes back down to a lower low?  I mean - what "killer feature" are you waiting on?  Plenty of "Killer features" has happened but it is not being more broadly adopted.

If the technology hasn't changed  the price yet - it's not going to.

If I'm not mistaken July saw a 200% pump. Get lost and spread FUD over at monero or dark. What you say about xc applies to every crypto currency, even bitcoin hasn't made it yet...one of their lead devs just came forward and said we're in BETA still!!! This is a game for people who can see future possibilities; if I want to go out and buy a snickers bar I'll do it with cash.
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:10:39 PM

At what phase is XC at the moment? Alpha or Beta? Because it isn't publicly released yet right?
Pages: « 1 ... 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 [1190] 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: