Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:48:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483649 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:39:05 PM

something weird happened... I was in youtube as usual but I could not watch any videos... the site was working but the videos did not download and there was always the wheel thing in the video...

Then I connected with the Tor Browser and now I can watch the videos?

Does this mean that my IP address was haked? Or what does it mean?

The Freaky thing is that I am sub to many anti illuminati channels and today I subbed to a new channel of a guy that makes anti illuminati videos and got his old account shut down twice already...
but ... don't burn your laptop jet, just download the TOR stick:)
Joking aside, yes it is strange, watching YT over tor is not so easy, your direct link sould work better/faster. Guess we all need privacy
?!bennscammed!?

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:40:12 PM

<snip>
look at this awesomeness...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?8bd4b429c9f0651ebedab6b37ea2b1f7b64f4087e4a7dbd10e06c9af2122d8e6.htm

Sent 10 XC here...   Who sent to who??!?!  How can this be possibly decoded?

Just check that transaction, compare it with older anon transactions that where so strong on its own & combine it with Dan statements about layered functionality. We all (should know) the layers that XC already has but to me it looks like XC Anon tech & the new mixers got a brand new layer of anon that is just out of this world. And this week we can expect another surprise from the team Grin If all you do is focus on a quick P&D this thread maybe the wrong place for you

im just bored right now so i tried my luck ^^ and i guess it would be to easy Grin
sender: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?XS4QLi6VpQQo79HLkoFBj5YZkn6p6TuLKG.htm
receiver: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?XGYtC2EuXkC5byNhhdXXwZMkNLhTHgrAZU.htm
bottacular

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:53:17 PM

The salty tears caused by un-diversified bad investments.

No.  They are caused by lies and business practices that would land you in prison in a regulated world.

It's great to see the XC camp is still fully invested in Jasinlee's success. 

I lost way more putting money into a coin and I didn't have a problem with it.  Because I was not lied to.  And I was not used to extract 99% value out of the pump of a shitcoin and then offered a 1% refund in an extremely pre-meditated action.

P.S.  You guys expect me to go away but keep mis quoting my statements or the situation.  If you'll shut up about it I will.  (I would still like a statement that no money was received from Jasinlee post ASIC project funds being received by him)

Here is your STATEMENT - NO MONEY was received by Jasinlee EVER.

Thank you for the communication Dan. We're waiting on confirmation for this, with proof ( as Teka always asks for) , from Jason aka Jasinlee.

Once that has been resolved and once Jasin proves he has enough money to either refund or order the units, we'll be out of your way. However, if this goes unresolved or Jasin continues to prioritize his role with you over finishing what he started with us, we'll be hearing more of each other. Hey, maybe we'll be friends after all of this.

PS just bought some more XC to see if this rev 2 pump actually pans out.
robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:18:08 PM

PS just bought some more XC to see if this rev 2 pump actually pans out.

HA!  I think its rev 2.5 but the shills don't stay up to date too well.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:30:38 PM

Imagine if you owned a ton of stock in a high-end luxury car company. But the lead designer/developer of these high-end cars, is paid by low-end car companies in his spare time, to review their car's features and release a statement like "this low-end car's features are safe and well made" (resulting in an immediate increased demand for the low-end car company's stock, because they received a stamp of approval from a high-end company). Then the plan is, by continuing to legitimize and confirm the quality of their low-end competitors, the demand for the high-end car's stock will eventually go up because the public will respect their expertise for confirming the quality of other cars? Seriously? As an investor in the luxury car company, you may hope that they use their higher quality as a competitive advantage, leveraged to increase the distance between them and their low-end competitors. Instead the company is actively promoting the quality of their competitors and closing that gap. Then trying to further justify it by saying its good for the industry and will help keep consumers safe? How about we market how much better our own technology is, try to entice consumers to buy our product, which can provide them with that high level of safety and confidence that is lacking in the industry. I can't blame Dan for wanting to make money, but damn. At least be honest in the statement and say "hey Dan is going to use his knowledge to review the code of some other coins for a little extra income". It doesn't take a business guru to see that this is not effective promotion for XC.

Very well said.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:32:44 PM

<snip>
look at this awesomeness...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/tx.dws?8bd4b429c9f0651ebedab6b37ea2b1f7b64f4087e4a7dbd10e06c9af2122d8e6.htm

Sent 10 XC here...   Who sent to who??!?!  How can this be possibly decoded?

Just check that transaction, compare it with older anon transactions that where so strong on its own & combine it with Dan statements about layered functionality. We all (should know) the layers that XC already has but to me it looks like XC Anon tech & the new mixers got a brand new layer of anon that is just out of this world. And this week we can expect another surprise from the team Grin If all you do is focus on a quick P&D this thread maybe the wrong place for you

im just bored right now so i tried my luck ^^ and i guess it would be to easy Grin
sender: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?XS4QLi6VpQQo79HLkoFBj5YZkn6p6TuLKG.htm
receiver: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/address.dws?XGYtC2EuXkC5byNhhdXXwZMkNLhTHgrAZU.htm
Nice try,
but don't forget you are talking to members that have been here a little longer
but he, feel invited to submit your guesses to claim the public bounty after Syn publishes it Smiley
rubenaco

Activity: 378

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:33:16 PM

Imagine if you owned a ton of stock in a high-end luxury car company. But the lead designer/developer of these high-end cars, is paid by low-end car companies in his spare time, to review their car's features and release a statement like "this low-end car's features are safe and well made" (resulting in an immediate increased demand for the low-end car company's stock, because they received a stamp of approval from a high-end company). Then the plan is, by continuing to legitimize and confirm the quality of their low-end competitors, the demand for the high-end car's stock will eventually go up because the public will respect their expertise for confirming the quality of other cars? Seriously? As an investor in the luxury car company, you may hope that they use their higher quality as a competitive advantage, leveraged to increase the distance between them and their low-end competitors. Instead the company is actively promoting the quality of their competitors and closing that gap. Then trying to further justify it by saying its good for the industry and will help keep consumers safe? How about we market how much better our own technology is, try to entice consumers to buy our product, which can provide them with that high level of safety and confidence that is lacking in the industry. I can't blame Dan for wanting to make money, but damn. At least be honest in the statement and say "hey Dan is going to use his knowledge to review the code of some other coins for a little extra income". It doesn't take a business guru to see that this is not effective promotion for XC.

I think the same montreal, developer team MUST dedicate ALL TIME in XC

open your mind!!
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:39:23 PM

Wink exactly.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:39:57 PM

This is why Developers (programmers/coders) don't make savvy business owners. Google was started by 2 developers, they quickly hired a business person to run the business side of the business.
Maybe XC needs to get someone who's been in operations and leadership an opportunity to call the shots. Let's get this coin off the ground.

I've ran businesses in the past - combination of success and failure. One thing I learned is that running a $100K company is different from running a $1M company and running a $5M company - and so on.
I've learned to hire experts and people who are smarter than me to help me run my companies.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
robinwilliams

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:40:24 PM

Very well said.

loooooookie there!  somebody where the sunlight of reality penetrated thru the shilldom haze!  Except based on market cap xc is like #4 or #5 anon crypto so more like a midsized reviewing little ones.

but whatever.  XC dying ... lolz not hard to see  Roll Eyes

waitin' for that ship to come in and all the new features don't help the pump = u know it's dead.  over.  gone  Roll Eyes

can some of my xc groupies make sure to post that all the monero posts are stupid and annoying they see on the front page?  

thxs i'll leave u alone now
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 10:43:44 PM

I think the same montreal, developer team MUST dedicate ALL TIME in XC

Your scenario here is not analogous to the world of cryptocurrency:
1) Market players are not highly visible
2) Scams are rife
3) New projects continually bring new innovations to the market

None of these apply to the world of cars.

I think it was Hoertest who summarised XC's advantage here very well:
- Supporters of other coins get to hear about XC. (1)
- XC gets to establish itself as the paragon of security and legitimacy. (2)
- XC gets to see every piece of new code that comes out, and benefit from it if there's anything useful there (3)

So do you get it now?

Also, a lot of the criticism of these reviews is completely cockeyed. Investors want Dan to focus purely on XC so that they get a return on investment? No:
- XC is already the technology leader. New tech from Dan isn't going to magically transform XC's value. A return on investment has to do with real-world market adoption, not some quick pump. This has been XC's plan from the beginning. Be patient.
- Dan himself wants a return on investment more than anyone else, and holds more XC than most. So what possible incentive would he have to not work toward this end?

Think about it. Code reviews really make sense, for the reasons given above.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 10:46:49 PM

i think the status Dan recieves threw those reviews will benefit xc in the long run.

That beeing said i don't think the main marketing strategy for xc in general should be based around building a person cult around him. that doesn't suite well with the idea of decentralisation that XCurrency stands for. but i don't think thats the plan.

As one part of the puzzle its defenatly beneficial to establish Dan as a institution in the crypto scene. He is getting approached to approve other devs codes, thats the message that stands and every member of reviewed coins community will remember after the short pump is over.
I also think its a great thing that he gets to look at alot of the competitions approaches. keeps the creativity up. inspiration is never a bad thing.

In short, good addition to PR, shouldn't be the centre.

+1. Spot on.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:53:17 PM

I'll give you one thing synechist. You are the king of rhetoric.

Don't take it the wrong way. It is a talent.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 10:54:18 PM

Let it not be said that XC hasn't performed well during dump season:

Sep 2:  Top Weekly Performers:
@XCurrency +3.97%
@SaveCoinDev -0.34%
@Bitcoin -0.34%
@Feathercoin -0.51%
http://goo.gl/jBCXam   #xcurrency

XC has also consistently been the top quarterly performer.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 10:54:32 PM

I'll give you one thing synechist. You are the king of rhetoric.

Don't take it the wrong way. It is a talent.

Thank you sir. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:00:38 PM

Anyone know when the timelines will be updated on the OP?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 11:01:30 PM

Your scenario here is not analogous to the world of cryptocurrency:
1) Market players are not highly visible
2) Scams are rife
3) New projects continually bring new innovations to the market

None of these apply to the world of cars.

Hoertest summarised XC's advantage here very well:
- Supporters of other coins get to hear about XC. (1)
- XC gets to establish itself as the paragon of security and legitimacy. (2)
- XC gets to see every piece of new code that comes out, and benefit from it if there's anything useful there (3)

So do you get it now?

Also, a lot of the criticism of these reviews is completely cockeyed. Investors want Dan to focus purely on XC so that they get a return on investment? No:
- XC is already the technology leader. New tech from Dan isn't going to magically transform XC's value. A return on investment has to do with real-world market adoption, not some quick pump. This has been XC's plan from the beginning. Be patient.
- Dan himself wants a return on investment more than anyone else, and hold more XC than most. So what possible incentive would he have to not work for this end?

Think about it. Code reviews really make sense, for the reasons given above.

I agree my example is not the best and I understand the points your making. Thank you for the quick response

Anytime. ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 11:08:35 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 11:19:43 PM by synechist

Anyone know when the timelines will be updated on the OP?

ASAP. It's my job. Just so much going on here.

It's easy to draft, but takes hours to convert to BBcode.

While we're on the topic of my agenda:
- There will be a few press releases this week unveiling new features of Rev 2
- On Monday we release the final Rev 2 update, not Rev 2.5
- There will be other news on Monday too.

P.S. For the sake of those still confused about Rev 2: we released trustless mixing on 7/7/14, and since then have been building out the privacy functions. Monday is the final update to Privacy Mode before we move on to the UI and the distributed content delivery service.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
The-C-Word

Activity: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:10:35 PM

With so much drama in xcurrency
It's so hard to find a place to put my btc
but I, some how some way
keep comin' up with money for XC, like, every single day.  Grin
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:14:28 PM

why ppl complain about legitimacy of this great innovation?

this is the safe heaven of alt coins. just be patient.
Pages: « 1 ... 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 [1224] 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: