Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wooder

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:28:05 PM

I WAS RIGHT!

I own XC, SO I OWN SHARES? Without having to SELL XC?

Yeah, "jizzed"is not a word a top++ holder of a great future company might be allowed to use, but I just totally did it.

No You own the right to Buy XC shares if you OWN XCs 10 XC will give you the right to buy 1 share of the company....still fuking HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE this will drive XC price to the star as well as people that wants to buy shares they will need to buy XC First.

Fuking Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss
Are you sure? Owners of other coins can buy shares

The best thing about this is that people are unlikely to want to buy shares with other currencies. If they own XC, they XC plus a share.

Therefore: buy XC!

Thank you so much for this. Let me rephrase: If I have 10XC, I will prove my wallet(s) contains 10XC, and I will be automatically given 1 share, without need to spend anything?

Yup.

But what if i hold my coins in an exchange? how do i prove that i own them?

i think there will be a fixed date that will be taken and every wallet that holds more then 10XCs own shares equal to its account value, but when will the date be chosen?

My guess is that, to prove ownership, you'd need to sign using a private key.

So send your coins to a wallet before buying shares.

This will most probably happen in real-time during the ICO. There'll be no need to do things in advance.

but for every 10XCs i will get one share. so i don't have to buy anything i would just have to proof ownership.

the question was more like, when will the XC team take the snapshot of the blockchain? will the date be publicly announced in advance?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:29:32 PM

I WAS RIGHT!

Yeah, "jizzed"is not a word a top++ holder of a great future company might be allowed to use, but I just totally did it.

No You own the right to Buy XC shares if you OWN XCs 10 XC will give you the right to buy 1 share of the company....still fuking HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE this will drive XC price to the star as well as people that wants to buy shares they will need to buy XC First.

The best thing about this is that people are unlikely to want to buy shares with other currencies. If they own XC, they XC plus a share.

Thank you so much for this. Let me rephrase: If I have 10XC, I will prove my wallet(s) contains 10XC, and I will be automatically given 1 share, without need to spend anything?

Yup.

i think there will be a fixed date that will be taken and every wallet that holds more then 10XCs own shares equal to its account value, but when will the date be chosen?

This will most probably happen in real-time during the ICO. There'll be no need to do things in advance.

I think we need to have a lock time or else some people might exploit it by claiming shares, then moving coins back to exchange and moving it back to another wallet.

If you need your coins on the exchange by lock time... then sorry.  no shares.

Yes, good suggestion. Coins used to claim shares could, perhaps, be locked for the duration of the ICO.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:30:09 PM

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

but for every 10XCs i will get one share. so i don't have to buy anything i would just have to proof ownership.

the question was more like, when will the XC team take the snapshot of the blockchain? will the date be publicly announced in advance?

I hope it's a surprise to reward the people not leaving their XC coins on exchange to dump at any time. Wink

But, I doubt it will be a surprise, which is too bad. haha

CryptoGretzky

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:30:52 PM

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

I think we need to have a lock time or else some people might exploit it by claiming shares, then moving coins back to exchange and moving it back to another wallet.

Yes, good suggestion. Coins used to claim shares could, perhaps, be locked for the duration of the ICO.

Can you imagine the time before the lock time??  There will be like ZERO XC on exchange.   Imagine the price skyrocketing....

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:31:46 PM

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

I'm not sure we'll need to take a snapshot of the blockchain.

We could just lock the contents of any given address used to sign for a share. Multisig?

Personally I'd prefer a real-time experience.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:32:30 PM

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

Can you imagine the time before the lock time??  There will be like ZERO XC on exchange.   Imagine the price skyrocketing....

Ha ha. Interesting. ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
dida
Legendary

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:32:51 PM

As I can see this is just one small step for PayPal at the time and will see how it goes:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Forward/PayPal-and-Virtual-Currency/ba-p/828230#.VCGt3UQSnHs.twitter

edit: but giant step for XC  Smiley
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:39:52 PM

One concern I have is that creating xc inc. will deter people from using xcurrency, and once xc is a corporation, competing companies may not want to accept xcurrency. This is exciting news and I am intrigued, however there seems to be a catch 22 here. The explosion of btc and crypto can be attributed to their decentralized nature, how does xcurrency plan on remaining decentralized, especially when a majority of the xcurrency is also owned by soon to be company shareholders? Any thoughts?
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:41:01 PM

Unfortunately Pookie removed his Sell orders in time Fuck!!!!!

Edit: There is still one on mintpal ...munch munch munch mmmm

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
wooder

Activity: 324

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:45:08 PM

I WAS RIGHT!

Yup.

If you need your coins on the exchange by lock time... then sorry.  no shares.

Can you imagine the time before the lock time??  There will be like ZERO XC on exchange.   Imagine the price skyrocketing....

Ha ha. Interesting. ;-)

but is there already a rough ETA for the ICO?
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:46:22 PM

One concern I have is that creating xc inc. will deter people from using xcurrency, and once xc is a corporation, competing companies may not want to accept xcurrency. This is exciting news and I am intrigued, however there seems to be a catch 22 here. The explosion of btc and crypto can be attributed to their decentralized nature, how does xcurrency plan on remaining decentralized, especially when a majority of the xcurrency is also owned by soon to be company shareholders? Any thoughts?

This should be answered ASAP as it was the first thing I thought of
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:48:49 PM

Good point.

However XC's code will be open source.

Everyone in their right mind will jump at the chance to integrate the leading private open source currency.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:50:39 PM

This is how I intepret it:

The two things are separate... XC coins will act like "fuel" to the applications like "ether" for ethereum.    While the shares is kinda like "profit sharing" for extra "deals" that XC Inc. might have with big company to distribute ads for example.    XNodes/XMixer will still get the fees, but there might be "big" deal in the pipeline that might have extra money going to XC Inc.   Imagine one day XC Inc. becomes a public traded company on Nasdaq... you might get dividends and you can openly sell the shares of XC Inc.

Please correct me if I am wrong about this interpretation.

cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:52:42 PM

Paypall is a corporation and other corporations accept them. Having XC as a company will give credibility to the Business world to Our Platform expecially for web 3.0 applications. Xc Could have the Potential to shape the New Internet and be the new Currency of this new Internet in the same time.. Why people will not want to use it. We are going for main stream adoption not for Crypto niche Nerds.

One question that I have is will XC have a board of Directors? will dan be the CTO? will there be a CTO? what if Microsoft will want to buy it? will the CTO sign the Deal withouth the Community/shareHolders have a voice on it? will there be an official Board of Share Holders now as the Major corporations to talk about future decisions?

Edit:

Maybe we can do a community/share holders voting system for the Decisions to be made like for Example 100 shares Equal one Vote...my 2 XCs

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:53:45 PM

This is how I intepret it:

The two things are separate... XC coins will act like "fuel" to the applications like "ether" for ethereum.    While the shares is kinda like "profit sharing" for extra "deals" that XC Inc. might have with big company to distribute ads for example.    XNodes/XMixer will still get the fees, but there might be "big" deal in the pipeline that might have extra money going to XC Inc.   Imagine one day XC Inc. becomes a public traded company on Nasdaq... you might get dividends and you can openly sell the shares of XC Inc.

Please correct me if I am wrong about this interpretation.

Or to the basics:

You can spend and invest Fiat, most people do both.
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:56:03 PM

Paypall is a corporation and other corporations accept them. Having XC as a company will give credibility to the Business world to Our Platform expecially for web 3.0 applications. Xc Could have the Potential to shape the New Internet and be the new Currency of this new Internet in the same time.. Why people will not want to use it. We are going for main stream adoption not for Crypto niche Nerds.

One question that I have is will XC have a board of Directors? will dan be the CTO? will there be a CTO? what if Microsoft will want to buy it? will the CTO sign the Deal withouth the Community/shareHolders have a voice on it? will there be an official Board of Share Holders now as the Major corporations to talk about future decisions?

But Paypal is just a means of transferring fiat.  Big difference versus a decentralized currency.

Not trying to be negative just trying to both play devil's advocate and wrap my head around the whole thing.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:57:33 PM

Good point.

However XC's code will be open source.

Everyone in their right mind will jump at the chance to integrate the leading private open source currency.

As for the idea that the majority of XCurrency will be owned by XC Inc. shareholders:

- People will have months to become shareholders, and the opportunity will be well-advertised.

- People will be free to use XC as a temporary means of obtaining XC Inc. shares, and sell afterwards. After the ICO they'll trade independently of each other.

- Since there's no organic connection between the two, and no internal control over their relative values, I don't see this as a problem.

Have I missed something?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:58:30 PM

XC Shares might not be 'legal' in all jurisdictions ..
Where do you plan to incorporate ??
What structure are you going to use, LLC or other ??

Someone ( Dan? ) might want to contact 'kosmost'
with KARM coin as he recently setup an LLC structure
which was subsequently closed down/dissolved ..  

Triff ..

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:01:10 PM

It's passed my bedtime and just saw the XC News, been bagging up all XC under 16k sats on POLO for the QBK ASSET FUND..we got now over 1.2k ..I hope they can dump on our  orders while I sleep now. Cheesy Cheesy Retweeted @goldentags..go go XC ..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 08:04:34 PM

XC Shares might not be 'legal' in all jurisdictions ..
Where do you plan to incorporate ??
What structure are you going to use, LLC or other ??

Someone ( Dan? ) might want to contact 'kosmost'
with KARM coin as he recently setup an LLC structure
which was subsequently closed down/dissolved ..  

Triff ..

Good questions. We'll need to decide on these details. Potentially we have a way of getting around the hurdle you mention.

We'll keep you all updated on this sort of stuff.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 [1341] 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: