Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:24:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unmoderated XC thread  (Read 57169 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:26:57 AM

End of the day its pretty clear that 90% of you have no fucking idea about anything than your own greed.

Darkcoin has been the biggest worst kept secret scam since inception.  You guys just cant deal with it when you are pushed from the pedestal that only YOU claim you are on.

This thread is a prime example of how much it has affected you.  

Flattering really.  But your time is done.  Deal with it, or keep crying and pissing your pants and create threads every few days.  As that IS EXACTLY what you are doing.

None of you have stated any factual information as it is. None of you.

The thing is, you lying about us not telling the truth didn't make our statements untrue.

On the other hand, you're just really grasping at straws with the whole email thing.

yawn you are doing the same thing.  Why is ok when you are doing but not when I am ? Oh thats right I am not sucking drks dick and ignoring everything else. You sir are grasping at straws - you all are.

And the email is real, people are stupid (just reading the drk coin thread confirms just how stupid you guys really are) They were hoping people would send their balance, they dont care about mom and dad wallets they wanted pool wallets. Otherwise IF THEY WERE smart and had attention to detail they wouldn't have asked so casually.

You cant defend this - it is real.  None of the claims made by drk about XC have no substance. Nothing.  Its all talk blah blah blah drk is the best blahblahblah nothing can beat drk

Sorry XC just did - and in less time.

You know it was set-up to look like Darkcoin. Everyone with half a brain knows the little scam that is going on.

If its a real project and produces real anonymity on par with darkcoin by this time next year, I'll give you 100 DRK. no questions asked. I couldn't give a shit which project has the better anonymity. I'll invest in the best projects.

Are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is?

Name a trusted escrow. We can do it today. I'll happily accept XC if you think it will have value.

All this is buddy is bullshit and you know it, you are trying to save your coin I get it.  But facts are facts.  But calling something a scam when you yourself cant verify anything is a laugh. None of you can.

Is the darkcoin code available for review and scrutiny by chance ?  Do we need to DEMAND outside auditors to look at it ? I think we should.  I cant stand PR people owning coins when they cant code.

Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. SuperNodes to the fucking rescue. Innovation. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Just give it time for DarkSend to go open source and the copying will be complete, You'll even get something that works.

Or, just start again with a different name. rinse, repeat.

Just do me a favour. Next time, send us a PM to give us an insider tip on when the scam it about to be launched. Keeping the scam just for yourselves is not very sporting, especially if you set it up to look like Darkcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:27:35 AM

Just curious, how many coins after DRK have tried to implement an anonymity feature to take advantage of the hype? And how many of those coins have actually managed to release a functioning anonymity feature?

I've done some prospecting a while earlier, I saw around 4-5 coins claim to have projects in the works or to be anonymous wallets (scams - amateurish). I'm only counting bitcoin-code base, not bytecoin clones.

XLB is the most epic fail. The did a bounty to hire a dev, he couldn't do it and then they hired a chinese software firm to do it for them (which will be commencing work sometime soon I suppose). That'll end up well. Cheesy

Probably the problem also for them is that they think it's just "a basic coin mixer".
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:36:04 AM

Probably the problem also for them is that they think it's just "a basic coin mixer".

Hey those are the words I heard in the Dark forum, all other coin mixers like Fedora or XC are shit but Dark's is somehow special...even though if it was so special why did it have to change to the masternodes concept...and if the masternodes concept is perfect why will it now be replaced by something "better" than ring signatures after MRO and BCN came out with guns blazing...

Why not cut to the chase and work on the FINAL ultimate solution instead of building out these semi-anonymous methods of coin obfuscation along the way towards the final product? Oh right because RC1, RC2, RC 4 and RC4 are cute buzzwords to help build up hype and collect more ca$h along the way.
sin242

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:38:30 AM

Just curious, how many coins after DRK have tried to implement an anonymity feature to take advantage of the hype? And how many of those coins have actually managed to release a functioning anonymity feature?

I've done some prospecting a while earlier, I saw around 4-5 coins claim to have projects in the works or to be anonymous wallets (scams - amateurish). I'm only counting bitcoin-code base, not bytecoin clones.

XLB is the most epic fail. The did a bounty to hire a dev, he couldn't do it and then they hired a chinese software firm to do it for them (which will be commencing work sometime soon I suppose). That'll end up well. Cheesy

I'd counter that saying bankcoin did it worse by claiming that already had darksend implimented and running

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:41:24 AM

Until XC opens up their thread, there is nothing more that needs to be said.

I've never posted in their thread. Nor do I want to. But plenty of others have asked legitimate questions, asked to pay for auditors to vet the code, when it is ready, and they chose to shut the doors on questioning.

But let them hide and keep their little secret going for a little longer.

Meh
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:41:28 AM

Hey those are the words I heard in the Dark forum, all other coin mixers like Fedora or XC are shit but Dark's is somehow special...even though if it was so special why did it have to change to the masternodes concept...and if the masternodes concept is perfect why will it now be replaced by something "better" than ring signatures after MRO and BCN came out with guns blazing...

It will not be replaced and ring sigs may not be used after all due to bloat issues. We'll see how it goes in RC3 (dev keeping things under wraps for the anonymity upgrade).

Regarding the mixer, yes it's special because it's trustless and decentralized. Otherwise when you send money to a mixing node, the mixing node can take the money and run. That's not possible with DRK. DRK also has denomination pool to join similar sized amounts so that one cannot identify which is which. Does a simple mixer have that? No.

The masternode concept doesn't have a problem per se, the problem is in the payments. Masternodes operate ok right now.

Why not cut to the chase and work on the FINAL ultimate solution instead of building out these semi-anonymous methods of coin obfuscation along the way towards the final product? Oh right because RC1, RC2, RC 4 and RC4 are cute buzzwords to help build up hype and collect more ca$h along the way.

Darksend has gone from pre-alpha, to beta1 through 6 and rc1 to 2... prices started moving after like beta 6 or something. They were pretty stable in every version.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:42:20 AM

I'd counter that saying bankcoin did it worse by claiming that already had darksend implimented and running

Lol, yes, I had read about that... you are right.
illodin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:44:20 AM

I thought I told you once already:

Darksend is at heart a basic coin mixer

You do realize it's a trustless decentralized coin mixer? Think hard on those two bolded words. It's not basic.

And with regard to masternodes:

As for being "truly decentralized", if you are referring to the decentralized masternode network, I don't get what is better in having people run nodes on their personal computers running on crappy cable modems than having dedicated servers running on gigabit connections when you are going to need dedicated nodes in your network anyway! So they might as well do the anonymizing as well. There will be thousands of dedicated masternodes with 100% uptime 24/7, compare that to at most few hundred personal computers with their wallets open while they play some call of duty or whatever behind their cable modems.

The only advantage DRK has right now is the dodgy masternodes that offer more decentralisation... cling onto that whilst you can because by this time next month we'll be past it.

I would think a masternode running on a dedicated server with a gigabit network connection provides far less dodgy service than average Joe's laptop behind a wi-fi.
ReRunRod

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:44:47 AM

Darksend is a remake of coinjoin.

Enough said Smiley

All the props to coinjoin for laying down the foundation!
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:47:09 AM

You do realize it's a trustless decentralized coin mixer? Think hard on those two bolded words. It's not basic.

As for being "truly decentralized", if you are referring to the decentralized masternode network, I don't get what is better in having people run nodes on their personal computers running on crappy cable modems than having dedicated servers running on gigabit connections when you are going to need dedicated nodes in your network anyway! So they might as well do the anonymizing as well. There will be thousands of dedicated masternodes with 100% uptime 24/7, compare that to at most few hundred personal computers with their wallets open while they play some call of duty or whatever behind their cable modems.

The only advantage DRK has right now is the dodgy masternodes that offer more decentralisation... cling onto that whilst you can because by this time next month we'll be past it.

I would think a masternode running on a dedicated server with a gigabit network connection provides far less dodgy service than average Joe's laptop behind a wi-fi.

My Google Fiber runs at Gigabit speeds. What shitty company are you on? BAHAHAHAHA.. Cable Modem? Sooooo 1990s.
illodin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:48:37 AM

My Google Fiber runs at Gigabit speeds. What shitty company are you on? BAHAHAHAHA.. Cable Modem? Sooooo 1990s.

I think you should run a masternode or two.  Grin
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:51:05 AM

Cheesy

Shit I might as well. Looking how much $$$ I can make off it! Dayum. HAHAHAH.
I can play COD and Battlefield all in the same damn time and stream Netflix with a beer. Cable Modem is weak sauce. I've got my own gigs.
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:52:46 AM

HAHAHAHA....
Completely irrelevant.

Not too irrelevant.. Just stating I don't run a shitty network, like most cats in here. Cable Modem? DA FUQ?? Not everyone is a like Wink
illodin

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:54:45 AM

Cheesy

I can play COD and Battlefield all in the same damn time and stream Netflix with a beer. Cable Modem is weak sauce. I've got my own gigs.

It could be quite possible one day to quit your job and just live off of your masternode rewards.
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:56:19 AM

Cheesy

It could be quite possible one day to quit your job and just live off of your masternode rewards.

It is tempting.. Yet, I'd be one clueless mofo with it! Tongue

But, all well that ends well. Can't win them all!
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:58:51 AM

Enough said Smiley

Remake? There wasn't a MAKE to begin with. It was a model outline.

Gmaxwell didn't code it. He said that's how I think of it and perhaps someone can build it (and be mad enough to get associated as an enabler of criminal activity Tongue). Evan of DRK did it (in a different way because the model had problems) and he's now all over the world news.

Anyway in the words of the "Father":

Sounds great! Where is it?

Theres the rub: There exist no ready made, easy-to-use software for doing this.  You can make the transactions by hand using bitcoin-qt and the raw transactions API, as we did in that "taint rich" thread, but to make this into a practical reality we need easy-to-use automated tools.

Personally, most of my coding brain capacity is spent on other things which are even more important to me. And what I could spare on Bitcoin is spent on more core and security things— if I work on anything wallet related anytime soon it will likely be improving the privacy behavior of coin selection... But moreover:

Anyone who builds this is going to be accused of enabling criminal activity, it doesn't matter if any actual criminals use this or not: Criminal activity sells headlines. Being a Bitcoin core developer already fills my quota for accusations of this kind, especially my quota for risk that I'm not even paid for. Smiley

In reality, real criminals don't need CoinJoin if they have even the slightest clue: They can afford to buy privacy in a way that regular users cannot, it's just a cost of their (often lucrative) business.

I know that making such a tool doesn't fit into the get-rich-quick mold of many Bitcoin businesses, but the importance is self-apparent and the simplest versions of this don't require very deep technical wizardry. I think the "political" risk of improving people's privacy is a real one that you should carefully consider, but around these parts I see people sticking their names on some rather outrageously risky stuff. I'd hoped the "taint rich" thread would be enough to inspire some community action, but perhaps this will be.

So, instead, I ask you: Where is it?
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 12:59:40 AM

This is what I gathered from "loljosh" I pm'ed him.. This is all he had to say.
Take it as anyone likes..

Quote from: ReRunRod on May 29, 2014, 11:29:54 PM
Quote from: loljosh on May 29, 2014, 11:26:30 PM
Quote from: ReRunRod on May 29, 2014, 11:19:07 PM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631052.new#new

I need you to say if you did the coding or not.. Thank you!!

Who are you? And what's that?

I am here to ask you if you were the one that put together X11 coin? I just want to settle things up.

Sorry mate, I want to keep my self away from these things.
ReRunRod

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:00:22 AM

Enough said Smiley

Remake? There wasn't ever a MAKE to begin with. It was a model outline.

Gmaxwell didn't code it. He said that's how I think of it and perhaps someone can build it (and be mad enough to get associated as an enabler of criminal activity Tongue). Evan of DRK did it (in a different way because the model had problems) and he's now all over the world news.

Anyway in the words of the "Father":

Sounds great! Where is it?

Theres the rub: There exist no ready made, easy-to-use software for doing this.  You can make the transactions by hand using bitcoin-qt and the raw transactions API, as we did in that "taint rich" thread, but to make this into a practical reality we need easy-to-use automated tools.

Personally, most of my coding brain capacity is spent on other things which are even more important to me. And what I could spare on Bitcoin is spent on more core and security things— if I work on anything wallet related anytime soon it will likely be improving the privacy behavior of coin selection... But moreover:

Anyone who builds this is going to be accused of enabling criminal activity, it doesn't matter if any actual criminals use this or not: Criminal activity sells headlines. Being a Bitcoin core developer already fills my quota for accusations of this kind, especially my quota for risk that I'm not even paid for. Smiley

In reality, real criminals don't need CoinJoin if they have even the slightest clue: They can afford to buy privacy in a way that regular users cannot, it's just a cost of their (often lucrative) business.

I know that making such a tool doesn't fit into the get-rich-quick mold of many Bitcoin businesses, but the importance is self-apparent and the simplest versions of this don't require very deep technical wizardry. I think the "political" risk of improving people's privacy is a real one that you should carefully consider, but around these parts I see people sticking their names on some rather outrageously risky stuff. I'd hoped the "taint rich" thread would be enough to inspire some community action, but perhaps this will be.

So, instead, I ask you: Where is it?

Ahhh so that is where the blue print came from. Very nice Cool
TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:00:28 AM

Has anyone read the only other article on that cryptopump site? The one about how to pump and dump?  Wink

Notice which coin he's pumping at the bottom? Shocked

/halfjokingconpsiracytheory

ReRunRod

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 01:03:54 AM

Has anyone read the only other article on that cryptopump site? The one about how to pump and dump?  Wink

Notice which coin he's pumping at the bottom? Shocked

/halfjokingconpsiracytheory

All I see is Dark Cinni and Black in the talks?

Whatchu blazing on mane?

You need glasses foo, the chart shows cinni. Pass that bong this way man.. You've had enough tokes for the day. Let the pro show ya how it's done Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: