Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:34:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unmoderated XC thread  (Read 57169 times)
coine_smithe

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:13:36 PM

I don't think people are dumb enough to fall for this twice, are they? maybe I should buy some quick, ready to shit all over my fellow man. Then, I can feel like such an accomplishment - I just made 50 grand, immediately cash out in fiat and enjoy a week in the Bahamas then back to work, thinking up the next scam.
This scene makes my stomach turn.

I've bought in and out of the XC market numerous times, it's a nice day trader coin.  Nobody knows if the dev is real, if he's a Nigerian prince, if anon technology will be released, or if dafuq virus will blow up your computer.  All people know is that the price is either going to increase or decrease by a lot, same as every other coin.

I don't think there's much mystery here. Bank was the same scam, just much less sophisticated and thought out. What's that trading at now, 10 sat?

You're right bank was the same scam (if this is a scam). To be fair that can not be conclusively determined at this point, but that's the point of all this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blakely

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:26:15 PM

chaeplin has clearly shown drk and xc are no more anon than any other shtcoin. I find it comical that the only coins that can send transactions anon are the cryptonote coins and their prices are falling. No one really cares about the end result, all they care about is the hype so they can profit FIAT off of others. The only real value anon transactions have is people who want this seeking out these coins for use in real transactions, not this trading bs.
I swear, it's bad enough people lost on XC, but buying/holding drk coins for $10+ ea? that is insanity.
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:31:01 PM

chaeplin has clearly shown drk and xc are no more anon than any other shtcoin. I find it comical that the only coins that can send transactions anon are the cryptonote coins and their prices are falling. No one really cares about the end result, all they care about is the hype so they can profit FIAT off of others. The only real value anon transactions have is people who want this seeking out these coins for use in real transactions, not this trading bs.
I swear, it's bad enough people lost on XC, but buying/holding drk coins for $10+ ea? that is insanity.

did chaeplin really proved something about dark? genuine question
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:31:58 PM

Have you looked at a Darksend transaction? It's way more advanced than XC is (only taking a few clicks to figure out who sent... wtf + the staking is broken). And there is a huge anon improvement coming in Darkcoin RC3 in a few weeks, it was just added to Bitfinex too.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:32:19 PM

Yeah, he proved how much more elegant and anonymous Darksend is.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
blakely

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 03:48:47 PM

An investigator could figure it out with one more transaction between the same 2 parties. Not only that, he can narrow it down pretty well with the first one.

Imagine this: a REAL developer, you know - a pro not a rip off artist in cahoots with whales and exchanges, comes out with something that the real world finds useful. We all get in early and all get rich off of a REAL investment. No smoke/mirrors, no slaughters. That's the only reason I'm watching the scene, waiting and hoping for a coin that could actually take bitcoin's place. The rest of this is nothing more than amusement that I'm happy to say I'm not profiting from. The fucking vampires will get theirs in the end, kharma is for real.
coine_smithe

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:06:08 PM

An investigator could figure it out with one more transaction between the same 2 parties. Not only that, he can narrow it down pretty well with the first one.

Imagine this: a REAL developer, you know - a pro not a rip off artist in cahoots with whales and exchanges, comes out with something that the real world finds useful. We all get in early and all get rich off of a REAL investment. No smoke/mirrors, no slaughters. That's the only reason I'm watching the scene, waiting and hoping for a coin that could actually take bitcoin's place. The rest of this is nothing more than amusement that I'm happy to say I'm not profiting from. The fucking vampires will get theirs in the end, kharma is for real.

Traders can just as easily lose money as they can gain it. There is nothing evil about trying to profit from market movements. You can earn peace of mind, I'll earn some money.
blakely

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:10:10 PM

Traders can just as easily lose money as they can gain it. There is nothing evil about trying to profit from market movements. You can earn peace of mind, I'll earn some money.

I don't have a problem with your typical trader trying to play the market, but if you are in on the scam, pumping it up then dumping at a point pretty much agreed on with cronies, you are scum. Shit. Lower than excriment.
chaeplin

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:12:07 PM

~~~~

What did I show you ?

I didn't show you what you are talking about.

blakely

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:16:54 PM

shit~~~~

What did I show you ?

Learn more.
I saw payments from 3 payor addresses to 6 payee addresses in the same block.
Please explain more, I'm all ears.
chaeplin

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:22:37 PM

shit~~~~

What did I show you ?

Learn more.

Then can you tell who got the coins from whom ?

coine_smithe

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:23:04 PM

I don't have a problem with your typical trader trying to play the market, but if you are in on the scam, pumping it up then dumping at a point pretty much agreed on with cronies, you are scum. Shit. Lower than excriment.

I totally agree. I made money off XC all the while trying to tell people how suspiciously similar it is to Dreamcoin/ Bankcoin.
chaeplin

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 04:27:31 PM

shit~~~~

What did I show you ?

Learn more.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0

Whitepaper
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkcoinWhitepaper.pdf
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:29:38 PM

Honestly it's already busted. Scam coin in the making.

http://www.reddit.com/r/XCofficialreddit/comments/26uf4g/dev_update_290514/churhky

You would think that a capable developer, who claims to implement such cutting edge features, as a decentralized anonymous transactions would not need to buy a coin.
A normal developer would fork an existing coin and start from there, at least this gives you ways to familiarize yourself with the codebase on the way along. The XC coin developer doesn't even know how to use Git (or uses it deliberately to hide things), there's no history of his commits, no information where the repository was forked from, etc. It's not surprising since he wants to hide the fact that the coin was bought which is embarassing so he pushes a new repository everytime there's a change. This makes it also difficult to see what changes (or any) been commited at all. So far there's zero code responsible for any anonymous transactions in the codebase. It's been three weeks since he bought the coin, if he was making any progress we would have seen some evidence in the repository.

What's worse is that things like Zerocoin are a year in the making and still not yet ready, these things are extremely difficult, but a guy who bought an entire coin claims to finish things which are competetive in a few weeks time. Such world class developer would not need to buy a coin implementation, why waste precious bitcoins. It's ridiciolous.

All the announcements like the peer reviews and his explainations were extremely vague and disappointing to say the least. Heck, there's no white paper, no outline whatsoever how his implementation is supposed to work. "It works" it's what we keep hearing.

"Anon" is hot these days, so no doubt that his 0.7 BTC investment in buying the coin implementation is going to pay off once he runs with the premine stash. That's the only loglcal conclusion from all this mess. Building hype is easy, delivering is hard. So far we've only seen hype and nothing else.

and why did the Cryptsy staff who reviews the Github *requirement see this coin as fit for release on Cryptsy ?
of ALL coins put out last few months why is it XC and NRS that get added on there ?
clearly side stepping 100+ coins in their voting system..

sooooo much bullshit lol

who cares right ?

they will change names and hype teh fuck out of some other coin as of a few days ago lol

rinse..

repeat..

pretend the last round of caught red handed scamming never existed / happened.

Stop supporting anonymous coin cloning scammers maybe guys ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
johnny_non

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:08:07 PM

This is off topic, but I saw Dreamcoin mentioned so i had to clarify https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=625460.0
I stepped in as lead dev a week ago. The original developer launched it with a misrepresentation of zerocoin implementation.
I will assure you this is not the same coin in principle as the one that was launched.
I have been watching the development of this anonymity craze and guarantee I will not take a short cuts or try to pull any hype to pump the coin
I do not believe that node based mixers are remotely the answer to anonymity.
The only people i believe to be on the right track are the zerocoin/zerocash team.
https://twitter.com/ZerocoinProject and even they are taking their time to launch something solid.
Unless i have something ready for public beta it will not be pushed to public.
I foresee many issues coming in the future to any node based system as it has too many hole to be exploited.
This may just be a matter of opinion, but it is not a risk I would be willing to take.
As a developer it is my responsibility to protect the interests of my investors first and this means having a solid product before ever putting it to market...

I apologize for my interruption
johnny

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
coine_smithe

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:19:38 PM

This is off topic, but I saw Dreamcoin mentioned so i had to clarify https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=625460.0
I stepped in as lead dev a week ago. The original developer launched it with a misrepresentation of zerocoin implementation.
I will assure you this is not the same coin in principle as the one that was launched.
I have been watching the development of this anonymity craze and guarantee I will not take a short cuts or try to pull any hype to pump the coin
I do not believe that node based mixers are remotely the answer to anonymity.
The only people i believe to be on the right track are the zerocoin/zerocash team.
https://twitter.com/ZerocoinProject and even they are taking their time to launch something solid.
Unless i have something ready for public beta it will not be pushed to public.
I foresee many issues coming in the future to any node based system as it has too many hole to be exploited.
This may just be a matter of opinion, but it is not a risk I would be willing to take.
As a developer it is my responsibility to protect the interests of my investors first and this means having a solid product before ever putting it to market...

I apologize for my interruption
johnny

Good luck to you johnny. I saw you over there before, and I'm glad someone good took it over. I appreciate your comment and I think it's important to make that distinction. I was indeed referring to the original developer. It's nice to see you reading this thread as well and keeping up on things. Good luck with Dreamcoin revival, that was a huge disappointment.
Alpharisc

Activity: 47

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:06:46 PM

Well credit where it's due, the XC blockchain appears to be moving at something approaching a reasonable speed now.
sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:34:37 PM

Polo reporting possible fork on their XC wallet.  Careful if you're transferring funds

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:48:07 PM

Polo reporting possible fork on their XC wallet.  Careful if you're transferring funds

They just froze it to change over to the new wallet:

tf2honeybadger: I've compiled the newest XC source code and i'm resyncing our daemon right now.

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:48:06 PM

"REV2 will have a solution to the bad actor problem.  Using a dynamic learning trust system"

Create Xnode - steal coins.

Shutdown Xnode - Move Coins to new Xnode

steal coins.

Shutdown Xnode - Move Coins to new Xnode

Rinse, repeat.

Cant wait to get started.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: